Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby World Cup Thread 09:31 - Sep 13 with 29995 viewsPlanetHonneywood

A week to go and aside of the annoying Tarquin ra-ra factor, looking forward to a tournament where ‘all’ the players won’t be rolling around feigning injury as if they were shot by a blunderbuss when they were hardly touched at all.

Kiwis to lose really, nothing revealing about that. But the fact they’re in the same pool as the Boks and neither would meet until the final, then assuming they both avoid defeat, makes it hard to look beyond an AB, Yarpies final. As the rest of us can be inconsistent and would likely have to beat both those behemoths to win it; hard to see anyone lifting the trophy.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:27 - Oct 26 with 2703 viewsbosh67

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:12 - Oct 26 with 2591 viewsPommyhoop

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:52 - Oct 20 by londonscottish

Nothing new there then.

Back when Scotland were consistently decent (the mid 80's to mid 90's) I'd watch them beat the French by doing little more that frustrate their backs for half an hour or so,

Queue French implosion, eight pens to Scotland and a win.

It was very funny considering that they could have obliterated Scotland by a three or more try margin had they just plugged away.

They play with emotion and there's nothing funnier than turning it back on them.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 10:53]

Its because they've never won a war since early Napoleon.'
Surrender Monkeys the lot of them.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:26 - Oct 26 with 2557 viewsToast_R

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:03 - Oct 26 by Rs_Holy

I’m expecting the kitchen sink from the All Blacks in the 2nd half.... COME ON ENGLAND!!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Just didn't happen did it? England nullified all the good things the All Blacks do, Beauden Barrett just kept getting shut down, England were like a barrage. Take out the silly mistake for the Try and that was the most complete Rugby performance I've ever seen. The All Black were soundly beaten, how often have you ever heard that?
Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:30 - Oct 26 with 2537 views2Thomas2Bowles

Not a fan of the game but England were a lot better than the Kiwis, a touch unlucky not to have had 2 more tries.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:37 - Oct 26 with 2526 viewsHadders

I rarely watch rugby (union or league) but whenever I do, I'm struck by what an intense, fluid, incredibly watchable game it is. The way these tough men politely accept the word of the ref is also such a refreshing contrast to our game. I have family in South Africa (where rugby is still a religion - in the white community, at least) so an England - Springbok final would suit me.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 13:37]
Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:23 - Oct 26 with 2472 viewsheadhoops

Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:11 - Oct 26 by MrSheen

Been to Shibuya yet? Weird.

In Roppongi- it’s only going to end one way! Badly with a 7.00am haneda flight!

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:41 - Oct 26 with 2403 viewsMrSheen

Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:23 - Oct 26 by headhoops

In Roppongi- it’s only going to end one way! Badly with a 7.00am haneda flight!

Let he who is without sin...
Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:42 - Oct 26 with 2399 viewsPlanetHonneywood

immense! Utterly immense.

I genuinely never thought I’d see anything surpass Rangers winning at the City Ground in a millennia, but that’s as close you might get.

Only the semifinal mind, the real game is next week but we’ve played one less game and an extra day to recover as well. Well done England!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:19 - Oct 26 with 2311 viewsHitch

Far to good England.
Well played.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:31 - Oct 26 with 2275 viewsjohncharles

Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:37 - Oct 26 by Hadders

I rarely watch rugby (union or league) but whenever I do, I'm struck by what an intense, fluid, incredibly watchable game it is. The way these tough men politely accept the word of the ref is also such a refreshing contrast to our game. I have family in South Africa (where rugby is still a religion - in the white community, at least) so an England - Springbok final would suit me.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 13:37]

As you say, you don’t watch much rugby.

Strong and stable my arse.

Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:32 - Oct 26 with 2271 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Some proper gracious comments from the Kiwi Rs on here.

Well done.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:50 - Oct 26 with 2103 viewslondonscottish

Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:12 - Oct 26 by Pommyhoop

Its because they've never won a war since early Napoleon.'
Surrender Monkeys the lot of them.

:-) :-)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 01:05 - Oct 27 with 2024 viewsitsbiga

Hope Wales win tomorrow. Would love an England v Wales final

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 01:07 - Oct 27 with 2025 viewsPommyhoop

That Maro Itoje is a fukin weapon.

Rugby World Cup Thread on 01:08 - Oct 27 with 2018 viewstimcocking

Come on Wales! We've so many injuries at important positions i couldn't see us beating England if we get through. It'd be a great achievement just to make it. And if Wales don't win, i'd obviously want England, so it'd be a win-win for me if it is an England/Wales final. Such a tiny and poor nation, it'd be a very proud moment. To compete with teams of the stature of England, France, Australia is like QPR competing with Real Madrid and Man City.

Come on boys, you can do it!

If Wales do somehow reach the final, rest assured i'll be crying like a baby when the anthem is sung.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 01:10 - Oct 27 with 2024 viewsPommyhoop

Rugby World Cup Thread on 01:08 - Oct 27 by timcocking

Come on Wales! We've so many injuries at important positions i couldn't see us beating England if we get through. It'd be a great achievement just to make it. And if Wales don't win, i'd obviously want England, so it'd be a win-win for me if it is an England/Wales final. Such a tiny and poor nation, it'd be a very proud moment. To compete with teams of the stature of England, France, Australia is like QPR competing with Real Madrid and Man City.

If Wales do somehow reach the final, rest assured i'll be crying like a baby when the anthem is sung.

I thought you hailed from Pastie Land ?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 01:29 - Oct 27 with 2017 viewsMrSheen

Rugby World Cup Thread on 01:08 - Oct 27 by timcocking

Slight exaggeration, but forgivable in the circumstances. I’ve taken a few kids’ teams to play Welsh teams on tour. What you notice is that the Welsh teams are not the biggest, but even at young age groups they run into space, not into the nearest opponent. It feels like they get the kids with real game vision, who’d be more likely be playing football in England. Even if they aren’t competing on a level playing field by absolute numbers, they are competitive because of the quality they have access to.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:00 - Oct 27 with 1929 viewsElHoop

Go Wales go - would be good to see England v Wales final.

On a point of order, England AND Wales won the cricket world cup, so both are going for a double and New Zealand won't win either of them lol.

That's now two World Cup finals and a semi final in the past year or so - England's best ever period over the three sports?
Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:00 - Oct 27 with 1923 viewstimcocking

Rugby World Cup Thread on 01:10 - Oct 27 by Pommyhoop

I thought you hailed from Pastie Land ?

Cardiff born. My mum's Welsh, my Dad's Cornish. My three older brothers and me all born in Wales.

Plus, of course, Wales and Kernow were the same country up until (relatively) recently, hence they share the same language (Kernow bys vyken) and almost the same flag; black with a white cross for Kernow and black with a gold cross for Wales. We were too tough for the Romans.

Most Cornish cheer for England nowadays, because teaching Cornish history was illegal until recently, so they don't realise their error. The EU made it once again legal to fly the Cornish flag and put the place names back in Cornish.

Happy to cheer England against anybody apart from Wales or Cornwall, though.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:56 - Oct 27 with 1886 viewsBlackCrowe

Whilst i think S.Africa are the better side, think Wales would be a tougher proposition in the final (there both immense opposition either way).

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:36 - Oct 27 with 1783 viewsBlackCrowe

Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:56 - Oct 27 by BlackCrowe

Whilst i think S.Africa are the better side, think Wales would be a tougher proposition in the final (there both immense opposition either way).

Well that was a turgid game. Anyone missed it, then two minute highlights on yt should cover it all off.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 16:10 - Oct 27 with 1728 viewsSimonJames

Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:36 - Oct 27 by BlackCrowe

Well that was a turgid game. Anyone missed it, then two minute highlights on yt should cover it all off.

Does that include 90 secs of ads?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Rugby World Cup Thread on 16:23 - Oct 27 with 1717 viewsCaptainPugwash

On shor leave in Aberystwyth on account o'bein' becalmed in Carrrrrdigan Bay.
Landlubbers weepin' out on streets bein' comforted by girlfriends....
wot be goin' on,sombuddy died or summink?

Yo Ho!
Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:18 - Oct 27 with 1553 viewstimcocking

Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:36 - Oct 27 by BlackCrowe

Yes, it's the problem with modern Rugby. In terms of tension, my blood pressure must have been sky high all game, but not a single piece of skill in the whole game that didn't involve a collision or catching a kick. Complete respect for the toughness of all involved, but if that was a game involving two teams who i had no interest in, i wouldn't watch it if you paid me. Probably as dull as watching modern football with two teams who i don't like.

They need to find a way to make people play like Fiji.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:59 - Oct 28 with 1456 viewsdistortR

Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:18 - Oct 27 by timcocking

Yes, it's the problem with modern Rugby. In terms of tension, my blood pressure must have been sky high all game, but not a single piece of skill in the whole game that didn't involve a collision or catching a kick. Complete respect for the toughness of all involved, but if that was a game involving two teams who i had no interest in, i wouldn't watch it if you paid me. Probably as dull as watching modern football with two teams who i don't like.

They need to find a way to make people play like Fiji.

i think maybe South Africa, like a horrible, brawling boxer, drag teams down to their level, which is exactly what they want.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024