Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby World Cup Thread 09:31 - Sep 13 with 30156 viewsPlanetHonneywood

A week to go and aside of the annoying Tarquin ra-ra factor, looking forward to a tournament where ‘all’ the players won’t be rolling around feigning injury as if they were shot by a blunderbuss when they were hardly touched at all.

Kiwis to lose really, nothing revealing about that. But the fact they’re in the same pool as the Boks and neither would meet until the final, then assuming they both avoid defeat, makes it hard to look beyond an AB, Yarpies final. As the rest of us can be inconsistent and would likely have to beat both those behemoths to win it; hard to see anyone lifting the trophy.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:43 - Nov 2 with 2495 viewsloftboy

Not a huge rugby fan, got up to watch this and still none the wiser as to what the attraction is.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:49 - Nov 2 with 2459 views2Thomas2Bowles

Embarrassing now 12-32

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:54 - Nov 2 with 2431 viewsStanisgod

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:43 - Nov 2 by loftboy

Not a huge rugby fan, got up to watch this and still none the wiser as to what the attraction is.

The worst two games of the tournament have been the semi involving South Africa and the final. Total anti rugby from the Boks, but if you win you don't care.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:04 - Nov 2 with 2389 viewsstowmarketrange

Let’s hope that the ref makes it to Elland road in time to take charge of the Leeds game for them.
I guess we fell into their trap and they dictated on how the game was played.We did well to make the final but we come up short again.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:05 - Nov 2 with 2386 viewsenfieldargh

I'm with you a total bore fest

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:25 - Nov 2 with 2315 viewsjonno

Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:05 - Nov 2 by enfieldargh

Rugby is a game of long periods of boredom with the game stopped and nothing happening interspersed with short periods of violence. Never seen the attraction myself.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:27 - Nov 2 with 2311 viewsderbyhoop

Boks defence was immense, so England never got a break. Add to that their total domination of the set pieces (with 1 exception) and England were always on the back foot.
The better side, on the day, won deservedly. And they finally scored 2 good tries.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:33 - Nov 2 with 2279 viewsstevec

Me neither. Basically a sport of eight teams competing to be ‘World’ champions.
Login to get fewer ads

Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:46 - Nov 2 with 2256 viewsstowmarketrange

Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:33 - Nov 2 by stevec

Me neither. Basically a sport of eight teams competing to be ‘World’ champions.

That’s 6 more than compete for the World Series in baseball.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:51 - Nov 2 with 2244 viewsDieByYourSide

What a steaming load of shite, thank f*ck it's over and thank f*ck England didn't win

Poll: And it's hi ho

Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:19 - Nov 2 with 2185 viewsPlanetHonneywood

What a time for England rugby to go all Spurs on us!!!

Fantastic from the Boks and a great tournament Japan.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:11 - Nov 2 with 2094 viewspaulparker

Yep agree it’s a crap game for toffs
Went shopping with the missus it was bliss as no sod was about

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Rugby World Cup Thread on 16:55 - Nov 2 with 1957 viewsHadders

Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:11 - Nov 2 by paulparker

Siya Kolisi ain't no toff.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50233481
Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:13 - Nov 2 with 1889 viewsBoston

Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:51 - Nov 2 by DieByYourSide

What a steaming load of shite, thank f*ck it's over and thank f*ck England didn't win

You one of those English haters, Dai?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:22 - Nov 2 with 1816 viewsBlackCrowe

Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:11 - Nov 2 by paulparker

Bizarre, you discount a real sport because it has 'toff'. I watched it at a rugby club, didn't see any toffs, whatever they are.

Fair enough if you don't like the actual sport but it seems to be it's origins that's the problem. Is cricket a crap game for toffs too. How ahout horse racing, tennis, golf etc. What's the dealbreaker here....the sport itself or that some 'toffs' play/like it.

Btw I like all of the above so am a toff as are the millions that watch it.

How about forgetting about prejudice and just enjoy stuff?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:45 - Nov 2 with 1773 viewspaulparker

Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:22 - Nov 2 by BlackCrowe

Bizarre, you discount a real sport because it has 'toff'. I watched it at a rugby club, didn't see any toffs, whatever they are.

Fair enough if you don't like the actual sport but it seems to be it's origins that's the problem. Is cricket a crap game for toffs too. How ahout horse racing, tennis, golf etc. What's the dealbreaker here....the sport itself or that some 'toffs' play/like it.

Btw I like all of the above so am a toff as are the millions that watch it.

How about forgetting about prejudice and just enjoy stuff?

Tennis !!!!! Yeah a real working mans sport that, have a butchers who is the top seats every year at Wimbledon , it’s a fashion show not a sport
Cricket , golf I couldn’t care less
As for rugby no thanks , I don’t like the pubs full of hooray Henry’s who never frequent the place for 11 months of the year but then demand to show Tonga vs Italy when the football is on whilst nursing half a pint of Guinness
Thank god it’s over

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:01 - Nov 2 with 1750 viewsNortholt_Rs

Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:45 - Nov 2 by paulparker

Tennis !!!!! Yeah a real working mans sport that, have a butchers who is the top seats every year at Wimbledon , it’s a fashion show not a sport
Cricket , golf I couldn’t care less
As for rugby no thanks , I don’t like the pubs full of hooray Henry’s who never frequent the place for 11 months of the year but then demand to show Tonga vs Italy when the football is on whilst nursing half a pint of Guinness
Thank god it’s over

+1

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:34 - Nov 2 with 1705 viewsSydneyRs

Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:05 - Nov 2 by enfieldargh

Agreed. Every time I give it another chance it reminds me why I don't watch it. Ridiculously frustrating sport to watch. Penalties just seem to be randomly given half the time and this nonsense of allowing advantage for 5 mins and then coming back for the penalty.

If they play that in heaven I'm happy to go downstairs.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:31 - Nov 3 with 1547 viewsrobith

Funny - we've had a lovely thread capturing a great tournament. England lose the final and suddenly a deluge of posts of the most boring unoriginal "insights" based on zero evidence. It's so boring that people have to post the same thing that theyve been posting about for years.

Imagine having so little to do with your time on earth you spend your time posting the same thing about a sport you don't like over and over again.

Normal service has been resumed
[Post edited 3 Nov 2019 14:35]
Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:59 - Nov 3 with 1523 viewsToast_R

Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:31 - Nov 3 by robith

Funny - we've had a lovely thread capturing a great tournament. England lose the final and suddenly a deluge of posts of the most boring unoriginal "insights" based on zero evidence. It's so boring that people have to post the same thing that theyve been posting about for years.

Imagine having so little to do with your time on earth you spend your time posting the same thing about a sport you don't like over and over again.

Normal service has been resumed
[Post edited 3 Nov 2019 14:35]

Exactly right, if England had one it would all be wonderful and real mans sport that puts footballers to shame etc etc. Really shallow nonsense on here bit like when the English football team lose in a tournament.

I thought it was great world cup and really enjoyed Englands run to the final. Pitty they were beaten by a team that brought their A game to the field on the day just like England did v Australia and The All Blacks. Japan were brilliant hosts.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:28 - Nov 3 with 1441 viewsderbyhoop

Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:34 - Nov 2 by SydneyRs

Agreed. Every time I give it another chance it reminds me why I don't watch it. Ridiculously frustrating sport to watch. Penalties just seem to be randomly given half the time and this nonsense of allowing advantage for 5 mins and then coming back for the penalty.

If they play that in heaven I'm happy to go downstairs.

Penalties are not random. And if you listen to the ref mic they usually give a comprehensive explanation of the reasons they were awarded.
The difficulty in the final was that every other scrum resulted in a penalty. But when you have 900kgs crashing into 920 then the refs have to ensure the safety of the players. Anything, like collapsing, that could be dangerous, is penalised.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:20 - Nov 4 with 1338 viewsPhildo

Getting to the final was a fantastic achievement for England when you think of where they were a couple of years ago. Even more so for SA.

Rugby is a complex game with some simple truths. You have to win the ball with a mixture of power and guile and then your backs have to score with it. England were able to pull off an incredibly dominant victory over the Kiwis by doing that- and a week later they still looked spent from the effort. If your forwards are dominated - as happened in the final- it is almost impossible to compete.

I get that some do not like it and this is a football message board but I loved every minute.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:32 - Nov 4 with 1335 viewsHitch

Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:20 - Nov 4 by Phildo

Getting to the final was a fantastic achievement for England when you think of where they were a couple of years ago. Even more so for SA.

Rugby is a complex game with some simple truths. You have to win the ball with a mixture of power and guile and then your backs have to score with it. England were able to pull off an incredibly dominant victory over the Kiwis by doing that- and a week later they still looked spent from the effort. If your forwards are dominated - as happened in the final- it is almost impossible to compete.

I get that some do not like it and this is a football message board but I loved every minute.

Agree
Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:29 - Nov 4 with 1316 viewsTheChef

Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:20 - Nov 4 by Phildo

Yes there was always the feeling we'd peaked with the AB win, despite whatever the position taken was by the players and coaching staff after, that they'd put the result behind them and were focused on the final.

I think we all knew the approach SA would take and they implemented it to tee - shame about Sinckler going off that early in the game (and I think that had a psychological effect on the other England players, given how long the break was) but SA dominated the game and thoroughly deserved the win.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:14 - Nov 4 with 1262 viewsElHoop

I enjoyed the tournament and thought that we did well to make the final given that we haven't been looking like world beaters. South Africa were worthy winners and the form book stood up pretty well with them being 4 Nations Champions and their toughest opponents in the knockout stage were the 6 Nations victors Wales. The strangest formline is that of France. They didn't play England, but they would have beaten Wales had they kept their heads. That form gave them a chance of beating South Africa, especially with their huge pack. They're a shambles obviously, but in their own heads you couldn't blame them for wondering. They host the next World Cup and if they could actually get fit and organised and settled then they wouldn't be without a chance in their own back yard.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024