Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a way to treat your supporters.... 20:20 - Sep 13 with 2718 viewssmegma

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9781193/watford-season-ticket-holder-war
What a way to treat your supporters.... on 20:40 - Sep 13 with 2657 viewscolinallcars

That is staggering, the club has had the fans' money and still threatens them because they want to sell the seat twice.
What a way to treat your supporters.... on 21:35 - Sep 13 with 2526 viewsbosh67

F*cking outrageous. I would tell them to stick their season ticket up their ars*.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What a way to treat your supporters.... on 22:11 - Sep 13 with 2433 viewsrsonist

What a way to treat your supporters.... on 20:40 - Sep 13 by colinallcars

That is staggering, the club has had the fans' money and still threatens them because they want to sell the seat twice.

Profits go to either the Community Trust or they allocate the seat(s) to "local good causes".

The actual quote from the club is "Come renewal time next Spring, we will be initiating conversations with those ST holders who fail to notify us of their non-attendance (or simply don't attend) for two or more home fixtures."

http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/keep-it-full.56105/

Think it's a little unfortunate this has come out sounding so punitive as it's really not such a bad idea on paper given games are usually supposedly sold out. Of course the Mail has already reported with swivel-eyed cynicism that their Community Trust is "a charity for which the club gets kudos and credit"...
What a way to treat your supporters.... on 22:26 - Sep 13 with 2385 viewssmegma

What a way to treat your supporters.... on 22:11 - Sep 13 by rsonist

Profits go to either the Community Trust or they allocate the seat(s) to "local good causes".

The actual quote from the club is "Come renewal time next Spring, we will be initiating conversations with those ST holders who fail to notify us of their non-attendance (or simply don't attend) for two or more home fixtures."

http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/keep-it-full.56105/

Think it's a little unfortunate this has come out sounding so punitive as it's really not such a bad idea on paper given games are usually supposedly sold out. Of course the Mail has already reported with swivel-eyed cynicism that their Community Trust is "a charity for which the club gets kudos and credit"...

Maybe they will struggle on the £100m tv money
What a way to treat your supporters.... on 22:39 - Sep 13 with 2348 viewsrsonist

What a way to treat your supporters.... on 22:26 - Sep 13 by smegma

Maybe they will struggle on the £100m tv money

You're really going out on a limb to defend people who won't send an email huh.

If they let the club know they can't attend then their ST isn't at risk.

This is in response to an issue their own fans have repeatedly complained about to the club.
What a way to treat your supporters.... on 23:16 - Sep 13 with 2283 viewsWEAREAWFUL

Cant understand what the problem is, if you cant make it let them know and they will fill the seat. Must be better than having seats go to waste
What a way to treat your supporters.... on 01:50 - Sep 14 with 2139 viewsBoston

I’d never have marked Watford down as the poster boys for the next step toward fascism.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

What a way to treat your supporters.... on 02:27 - Sep 14 with 2126 viewstimcocking

What a way to treat your supporters.... on 23:16 - Sep 13 by WEAREAWFUL

Cant understand what the problem is, if you cant make it let them know and they will fill the seat. Must be better than having seats go to waste

Uh...the problem being, Watford are saying if you don't tell them you're missing the match, you'll be stripped of the season ticket you've already paid for.

They should be asking people to please help them resell the seat, not threatening to fcuk you over and steal your £700.
Login to get fewer ads

What a way to treat your supporters.... on 02:31 - Sep 14 with 2127 viewsMatch82

Perhaps I missed this but where does it actually say the club will take their season ticket away? All I could see is one quote from a fan wondering if that was the case.

If they are just reselling unused seats and giving the money to charity (or at least "charity") then I don't really have a problem with this. Although I do question exactly how they are going to resell a seat in advance if the person hasn't said whether they are coming or not. Or is that the point? I'm quite confused.
What a way to treat your supporters.... on 03:04 - Sep 14 with 2118 viewstimcocking

What a way to treat your supporters.... on 02:31 - Sep 14 by Match82

Perhaps I missed this but where does it actually say the club will take their season ticket away? All I could see is one quote from a fan wondering if that was the case.

If they are just reselling unused seats and giving the money to charity (or at least "charity") then I don't really have a problem with this. Although I do question exactly how they are going to resell a seat in advance if the person hasn't said whether they are coming or not. Or is that the point? I'm quite confused.

'WATFORD have warned season ticket holders they must tell them if they are not going to a game – or they could be STRIPPED of their seat.'
What a way to treat your supporters.... on 04:47 - Sep 14 with 2094 viewsPlanetHonneywood

What if you serve notice on the club that’ll you be attending and then a genuine unforeseen event occurs to prevent you from going? Let’s say 30 minutes before your usual departure time, you learn of a death in the family; will you have to prepare a defence and adduce the death certificate to prove your innocence?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

What a way to treat your supporters.... on 08:42 - Sep 14 with 1953 viewsDannyPaddox

What a way to treat your supporters.... on 04:47 - Sep 14 by PlanetHonneywood

What if you serve notice on the club that’ll you be attending and then a genuine unforeseen event occurs to prevent you from going? Let’s say 30 minutes before your usual departure time, you learn of a death in the family; will you have to prepare a defence and adduce the death certificate to prove your innocence?

Where possible a selfie with the just deceased family member should keep the Watford box office sweet. With either of you holding a newspaper for proof of date. Difficult for a corpse but if they died while reading the newspaper - happy days!
What a way to treat your supporters.... on 09:20 - Sep 14 with 1892 viewsbosh67

What a way to treat your supporters.... on 23:16 - Sep 13 by WEAREAWFUL

What happens if you realise you can go and circumstances change? You've paid for that seat. You get there and they've sold something you've paid for to someone else. I think it's outrageous.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What a way to treat your supporters.... on 10:08 - Sep 14 with 1807 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dead against this. I don't want some fat-arsed stranger sitting in MY seat. It's my seat, at a stadium, not a poxy mode of public transport. Booo.

Bare bones.

What a way to treat your supporters.... on 10:29 - Sep 14 with 1764 viewsNed_Kennedys

What a way to treat your supporters.... on 09:20 - Sep 14 by bosh67

What happens if you realise you can go and circumstances change? You've paid for that seat. You get there and they've sold something you've paid for to someone else. I think it's outrageous.

Good point well made: been a good few times when I have thought I couldn't go but been able to make it at the last moment.
What a way to treat your supporters.... on 11:30 - Sep 14 with 1676 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It’s from The Sun so I’m questioning it’s veracity.

If it’s true I have some questions:

1) Do Watford sell out these days then?
2) What happens if the other people who get the seat don’t turn up?

Again, we’re probably giving too much credit to The Sun by taking this seriously
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 11:33]
What a way to treat your supporters.... on 12:13 - Sep 14 with 1603 viewsenfieldargh

Fella near to me has one adult and 2 juniors ST's and has only been 3 times in two seasons!!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

What a way to treat your supporters.... on 12:15 - Sep 14 with 1595 viewsPlanetHonneywood

What a way to treat your supporters.... on 12:13 - Sep 14 by enfieldargh

Fella near to me has one adult and 2 juniors ST's and has only been 3 times in two seasons!!!

Have you thought of showering more regularly?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

What a way to treat your supporters.... on 15:52 - Sep 14 with 1410 viewsMatch82

What a way to treat your supporters.... on 03:04 - Sep 14 by timcocking

'WATFORD have warned season ticket holders they must tell them if they are not going to a game – or they could be STRIPPED of their seat.'

Not actually any details, or quotes there though. It's a clickbait headline.
What a way to treat your supporters.... on 21:37 - Sep 14 with 1158 viewsrsonist

The story comes from an email sent out to ST holders. The link to the Watford board upthread contains the full text with details less sensational than those reported.

Of course there will be plenty of caveats and hypotheticals to complicate but it's a start at addressing a real issue they're having.
What a way to treat your supporters.... on 22:25 - Sep 14 with 1038 viewsLongsufferingR

So why can't they just arrange a system for ST holders to resell their seats if they can't go?

Seems a simple thing to keep both fans and club happy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024