Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bizarre stuff 17:11 - Sep 14 with 4721 viewsBklynRanger

Got out of jail, hung onto the three points. Has to be an avalanche of learning opportunities from that one, fcukin hell.
Bizarre stuff on 17:26 - Sep 14 with 4562 viewsstevec

Learnt just how much confidence in your keeper is required.
Bizarre stuff on 17:28 - Sep 14 with 4547 viewsDWQPR

Should have been an avalanche of goals. If we had gone in 5-6 up that wouldn’t have been nothing more than a reflection of the game. We not only shot ourselves in the foot but then tried to amputate it using an axe whilst using a sticking plaster for the wounds. On the bright side that first 30 minutes was the best football I have seen by Rangers for a very long time, and many a Premier sure would have struggled with our passing and movement. Onwards and upwards I suppose.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Bizarre stuff on 18:15 - Sep 14 with 4230 viewsHunterhoop

Bizarre stuff on 17:28 - Sep 14 by DWQPR

Should have been an avalanche of goals. If we had gone in 5-6 up that wouldn’t have been nothing more than a reflection of the game. We not only shot ourselves in the foot but then tried to amputate it using an axe whilst using a sticking plaster for the wounds. On the bright side that first 30 minutes was the best football I have seen by Rangers for a very long time, and many a Premier sure would have struggled with our passing and movement. Onwards and upwards I suppose.

Spot on.
Bizarre stuff on 18:17 - Sep 14 with 4211 viewsLeedsR

Fortunately we managed to hold out despite our best efforts to shoot ourselves in the foot. Last year we wouldn’t have managed to do that.
Bizarre stuff on 18:21 - Sep 14 with 4187 viewsBensuperhoops

First 30 mins where the best football played at Loftus road by us in years, but second half was very rusty. That could of been the game where we gave them a absolute thrashing could of scored 6, eze played brilliant as usual.Oh well at the end of day three points in the bag u rrrrr’s
Bizarre stuff on 18:48 - Sep 14 with 4011 viewsed_83

Just back, bloody hell what a strange, euphoric, tense game.

First half hour we were immense - Wells, Chair and Eze all pretty much unplayable, rest of the team didn't give Luton a moment's peace. Play like that for 90 minutes and there's not a single team in this league we couldn't beat. Thought Leistner's through-ball for the second goal was the stand out: what was all that about him not being able to pick a pass?

Lumley obviously had an absolute shocker for Luton's first goal, but I felt like our energy had dropped a good five minutes before that, passes starting to go astray, concentration dropping, everything getting worryingly complacent. Thought that Nakhi's missed header right at the end of the half could come back to haunt us.

Second half was a mess - looked like Luton tweaked their formation a bit, started over-running us in midfield, Chair was getting bypassed regularly, and we started dropping deeper to compensate. Luton looked dangerous every time they went forward, even with some exceptional last-ditch tackling from Barbet and headed clearances from Leistner, both of whom were immense throughout (apart from Barbet losing his man for their second goal).

We weren't bad ourselves going forward second half, but everything felt a lot more disjointed, with far less incisive movement off the ball: by 60 minutes we looked exhausted. I can maybe understand Wells being knackered, given he's played for Bermuda in the break, but was a bit worrying to see the rest of the team's energy levels drop so starkly.

Thought Pugh lifted us when he came on, really snapping into tackles and trying to make things happen, but Amos and Mlakar were both poor. Eze looked fantastic for most of the 90 minutes, Hugill's hold up play was strong as usual, but those three missed chances in the second half were hugely disappointing - I know the first two were on his left foot, but stick the last one away and we could have enjoyed the last 10 minutes. Was pleasantly surprised by Ball - nothing fancy but looked solid and efficient.

Think we've proved that when this lot clicks we can be an exceptional attacking team, but also that if we let our intensity levels drop we can be picked off pretty easily. The trick is going to be either sustaining the levels we saw in the first 30 minutes right the way through a game, if that's possible, or working out how to control games better when those energy levels inevitably drop.

3-5-2 with Eze and Chair works beautifully when everyone's in sync, but when it goes wrong we look extremely soft in the middle. I'd stick with Lumley for another game or two, but Kelly must surely be right on the brink of a starting spot.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 18:50]
Bizarre stuff on 19:00 - Sep 14 with 3908 viewsNW5Hoop

We were indeed great for 30 minutes. It's a shame games last for 90 minutes. And the finishing concerns me: only three shots on target (hitting the woodwork is not the target). It's no good having dazzling approach play if we're not doing something at the end of it. Fortunately the three on target all went in.

Sorry if I sound negative, but the second half was bloody awful. Not sure I've ever seen so many players misplace so many passes.
Bizarre stuff on 19:28 - Sep 14 with 3732 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bizarre stuff on 19:00 - Sep 14 by NW5Hoop

We were indeed great for 30 minutes. It's a shame games last for 90 minutes. And the finishing concerns me: only three shots on target (hitting the woodwork is not the target). It's no good having dazzling approach play if we're not doing something at the end of it. Fortunately the three on target all went in.

Sorry if I sound negative, but the second half was bloody awful. Not sure I've ever seen so many players misplace so many passes.

'bloody awful'

what utter nonsense.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Bizarre stuff on 19:29 - Sep 14 with 3720 viewsstevec

Bizarre stuff on 18:48 - Sep 14 by ed_83

First half hour we were immense - Wells, Chair and Eze all pretty much unplayable, rest of the team didn't give Luton a moment's peace. Play like that for 90 minutes and there's not a single team in this league we couldn't beat. Thought Leistner's through-ball for the second goal was the stand out: what was all that about him not being able to pick a pass?

Lumley obviously had an absolute shocker for Luton's first goal, but I felt like our energy had dropped a good five minutes before that, passes starting to go astray, concentration dropping, everything getting worryingly complacent. Thought that Nakhi's missed header right at the end of the half could come back to haunt us.

Second half was a mess - looked like Luton tweaked their formation a bit, started over-running us in midfield, Chair was getting bypassed regularly, and we started dropping deeper to compensate. Luton looked dangerous every time they went forward, even with some exceptional last-ditch tackling from Barbet and headed clearances from Leistner, both of whom were immense throughout (apart from Barbet losing his man for their second goal).

We weren't bad ourselves going forward second half, but everything felt a lot more disjointed, with far less incisive movement off the ball: by 60 minutes we looked exhausted. I can maybe understand Wells being knackered, given he's played for Bermuda in the break, but was a bit worrying to see the rest of the team's energy levels drop so starkly.

Thought Pugh lifted us when he came on, really snapping into tackles and trying to make things happen, but Amos and Mlakar were both poor. Eze looked fantastic for most of the 90 minutes, Hugill's hold up play was strong as usual, but those three missed chances in the second half were hugely disappointing - I know the first two were on his left foot, but stick the last one away and we could have enjoyed the last 10 minutes. Was pleasantly surprised by Ball - nothing fancy but looked solid and efficient.

Think we've proved that when this lot clicks we can be an exceptional attacking team, but also that if we let our intensity levels drop we can be picked off pretty easily. The trick is going to be either sustaining the levels we saw in the first 30 minutes right the way through a game, if that's possible, or working out how to control games better when those energy levels inevitably drop.

3-5-2 with Eze and Chair works beautifully when everyone's in sync, but when it goes wrong we look extremely soft in the middle. I'd stick with Lumley for another game or two, but Kelly must surely be right on the brink of a starting spot.

Agree with most of that.

Not entirely sure about tiredness, thought it was largely a crisis of confidence after looking like giving up a game we had totally bossed.

Thought every starting outfield player was outstanding, plenty of goals and chances and second half defence did well to restrict Luton to no more than half chances.

As much as decency allows it’s hard to avoid the elephant in the room, at some point that has to be confronted.
Bizarre stuff on 19:55 - Sep 14 with 3593 viewsPunteR

Brilliant first half, 2nd half we just sat too deep for some reason.
That was a terrible goal to concede and i think that knocked a bit of confidence out of us. Once they scored their 2nd we started to panic a bit. Hugill should have scored and will be disappointed but he is so much better at top than previous players like Smith or Sylla. I was wrong about Leistner, he can use the ball well, made some excellent passes.
Yeh we should have smashed them 5 or 6 nil but cant really complain. 3-2 .Good result.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bizarre stuff on 20:14 - Sep 14 with 3508 viewsSteveB

Wow, what a roller coaster that was. This side isn't going up, it isn't going down either.
Enjoy the feast of football on offer and forgive them of their feck ups.
Bizarre stuff on 20:25 - Sep 14 with 3421 viewsHunterhoop

Bizarre stuff on 19:29 - Sep 14 by stevec

Agree with most of that.

Not entirely sure about tiredness, thought it was largely a crisis of confidence after looking like giving up a game we had totally bossed.

Thought every starting outfield player was outstanding, plenty of goals and chances and second half defence did well to restrict Luton to no more than half chances.

As much as decency allows it’s hard to avoid the elephant in the room, at some point that has to be confronted.

What elephant?!
Bizarre stuff on 20:28 - Sep 14 with 3401 viewsHunterhoop

I think you’re spot on.

We were exceptional in the first 35.

Second half, I think Warbs got the subs wrong and the approach was wrong. But if Hugill finishes like he really should, we win 4 or 5 - 2.

Eze, Chair and Leistner were excellent. BFG is ten times the centre half Hall and Barber are.
Bizarre stuff on 20:53 - Sep 14 with 3307 viewsolderR

Bizarre stuff on 20:25 - Sep 14 by Hunterhoop

What elephant?!

I think the clue is in the "Every starting outfield player" line.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 20:54]
Bizarre stuff on 21:19 - Sep 14 with 3189 viewsBlackCrowe

Just watched highlights. that little pass from Eze for Nahki's second was bliss.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Bizarre stuff on 23:48 - Sep 14 with 2702 viewsisawqpratwcity

What elephant?!

Sorry, I'm gonna nick that joke.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Bizarre stuff on 23:58 - Sep 14 with 2671 viewsTacticalR

I think he means the giraffe.

Air hostess clique

Bizarre stuff on 02:53 - Sep 15 with 2462 viewsBenny_the_Ball

What elephant?!

I suspect he's referring to Lumley.

Going back to the OP. I disagree that we got out of jail but there are learnings. We were worthy of the 3 points but unfortunately a terrible error gifted Luton a way back into the game and made the afternoon more uncomfortable than it should've been.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 2:56]
Bizarre stuff on 09:32 - Sep 15 with 2100 viewsBklynRanger

Yeah I think that second last para is at the heart of it all. It looked like some doubts and confusion crept in after that latest howler, but we also need to figure out a sort of middle gear when needed - to switch over to a way of keeping the ball and exerting control without passing it around the back 4/5 in an occasionally heart-in-mouth fashion. We look to have got the attacking part sorted to a large extent but it's the confident, holding aspect of the game that the whole team needs to work on.
Bizarre stuff on 09:56 - Sep 15 with 2008 viewssmegma

Bizarre stuff on 19:00 - Sep 14 by NW5Hoop

The point about only hitting the target 3 times is a moot point but how is the goal frame not the target ?? Whoever does stats needs to give their head a wobble, one of the times we hit the bar the keeper got his fingers to the ball but wasn't listed as hitting the target ??? So what constitutes hitting the target or 'shot on target'. We should/could have been 5-0 up on 35 minutes yet the stats didn't reflect this. If it had been boxing the ref may have stopped proceedings on 35 to stop Luton taking any more punishment. Luton couldn't believe their luck scoring with their first effort 'on target'. They scored with their second as well. That game could have ended up 8-3 yet it ended up being too close for comfort for everyone.
Bizarre stuff on 11:47 - Sep 16 with 1540 viewsed_83

Eze's left-footed shot in the first half was going in before being pushed onto the bar by the keeper, and we had at least three other attempts (Hugill in the first half, Barbet and Pugh in the second) which were on target but blocked by defenders, none of which seem to be reflected in the stats.

I think the general point about needing to be be more clinical in front of goal is absolutely right (not the first game we've had fewer shots than our possession deserves) but also don't think it's quite as dire as the raw numbers suggest.
Bizarre stuff on 11:51 - Sep 16 with 1512 viewsrobith

Genuinely can't believe i almost had a heart attack in a game at 30 minutes I thought we were gonna win 9-0
Bizarre stuff on 17:23 - Sep 16 with 1271 viewsPinnerPaul

Bizarre stuff on 19:28 - Sep 14 by Antti_Heinola

'bloody awful'

what utter nonsense.

Indeed - agree 100%

See Bolton and Rotherham last season they WERE bloody awful games/performances

If you can't enjoy a game like Saturday's, time to find another club - even sport!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024