Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That first half is why we go to football 19:08 - Sep 14 with 2634 viewsqueensparker

Crackling atmosphere, full ground, needle all round Shepherd’s Bush beforehand, loads of faces in the ground I haven’t seen for years, glorious weather, and then we turn up and play like that. Best first half from us in many years.

It’s no exaggeration to say we could have been 6 or 7 up at half time. Eze was absolutely imperious could and should have had 3 or 4 goals, and at one point did a double drag back the equal of anything Adel pulled off. Luton were totally blown away and out on their feet until Lumley’s brain fart.

Yeah yeah the second half was a bit different. But this team have got something about them and when they’re on song it’s something to watch.

A happy hoop tonight

[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 21:30]
That first half is why we go to football on 19:29 - Sep 14 with 2465 viewsNortholt_Rs

Seconded. Great three points on a fab day all round. Well done MW and the team.....and all of us fans. Completely played our part. LR was rocking! COYRs!,,,,

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

That first half is why we go to football on 19:40 - Sep 14 with 2393 viewsFaurlinho

Agreed. First half was magical. Eze on form transcends..
That first half is why we go to football on 20:02 - Sep 14 with 2275 viewsBoston

If we hadn't of gifted them the first, I doubt we'd have been troubled in the second half.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

That first half is why we go to football on 20:33 - Sep 14 with 2122 viewsHunterhoop

Agree. That first 35 was genuinely spectacular. 5-0 after 28 min would have been perfectly fair.

This side have it in them to absolutely stuff someone but they must keep playing. They slacked off today.

I think this team, especially Eze and Chair playing together, have more potential than they actually realise.

Eze MotM. He is gifted.
That first half is why we go to football on 20:35 - Sep 14 with 2105 viewsEsox_Lucius

That first half is why we go to football on 20:33 - Sep 14 by Hunterhoop

Agree. That first 35 was genuinely spectacular. 5-0 after 28 min would have been perfectly fair.

This side have it in them to absolutely stuff someone but they must keep playing. They slacked off today.

I think this team, especially Eze and Chair playing together, have more potential than they actually realise.

Eze MotM. He is gifted.

"especially Eze and Chair playing together" I would add Wells to that too, those three look like they have been playing together for years. It was noticeable how much Eze's contribution dropped off when they went off, no-one else is on his wavelength.

The grass is always greener.

That first half is why we go to football on 20:50 - Sep 14 with 2032 viewsVancouverHoop

That first half is why we go to football on 20:35 - Sep 14 by Esox_Lucius

"especially Eze and Chair playing together" I would add Wells to that too, those three look like they have been playing together for years. It was noticeable how much Eze's contribution dropped off when they went off, no-one else is on his wavelength.

Leistner was absolutely dominant in the first half too. A real "captain's performance."
That first half is why we go to football on 11:11 - Sep 15 with 1374 viewsPinnerPaul

Title of thread spot on.

From the safety of the win you have to say, what a great game - any neutral would have thought it was money well spent.

Agree - 1st half was best we have played in years, when even the calm MW says 'It could have been anything' in that 1st half you know we played well.

Can't believe the carping by some - no team ever has 11 players 9/10 in a game.

Today it was Lumley and Hugill's turn to have poor games. Chair was quiet for him but Barbet and BFG were excellent as of course were Eze and Wells.

Even the ref had a good game and apart from when him and his AR took an age to spot Collins bundle Joe out of play, thought all 3 did well today.

Can't complain about a game like that - clean sheet would be nice but sure MW and the staff aware of that and will be working on it.

Interesting quote from MW re the Lumley howler 'You can't say to be players 'be brave but don't make a mistake' players are humans not machines, it doesn't work like that. I want us to be brave but not reckless'
That first half is why we go to football on 11:24 - Sep 15 with 1346 viewsenfieldargh

First half sublime played with tempo, style, swagger, skill and pinpoint accuracy in a cauldron of heat both in atmosphere and temperature.

I noticed just before Lumley's error that the team did take their foot off the gas or maybe to play at that level in heat is a lot to ask 11 players to be able to keep up all in parallel. Passes became slack and less decisive but we still managed to hurt them.

It was a joy to behold and Luton where dead on their feet but not out.
2nd half was more even but we just about had enough about us and again should have got at least one more.

Wonderful entertainment but different kettle of fish next Saturday.

Ur's

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

That first half is why we go to football on 12:31 - Sep 15 with 1230 viewsdannyblue

Back in the 90s and before we used to sing ‘same old rangers, taking the piss’. Rarely would it have been more appropriate than in that first 30.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 12:32]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024