Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a game that was ! 16:51 - Sep 15 with 1546 viewsqprewan

Still getting my head around it today..first half we played some of the best attacking creative football I have seen in years and then one mistake & by the time Luton got that injury time free kick & my nerves were in shreds.
One thing that stood out for me though in both those very different halves were how committed all our players were. As a fan I can't ask anymore than that. Ironically I gave up my season ticket after nearly 20 years but am now keener to go to games than ever.
Yes I was cursing Lumley but the manager was completely right to back him & so should we. How many of us would have thought that this young newly assembled team would be 3 points off top after 7 games? More to the point I am seeing a passion and togetherness I have not seen since that Warnock team. I like the manager's use of subs too; though yesterday I disagreed with 2 of them & would have left Chair & Wells, 2 of our more skillful & creative players, on the pitch. What it showed though is that the manager is prepared to show confidence & belief in his squad. He has stuck with Barbet too who saved us with that tackle yesterday as did Amos late on.
Hopefully some specific intensive training should be able to improve Lumley's ball playing & distribution. Think Hugill could maybe do with some work as well to stop him smashing the ball over it's all about technique & maybe a bit of composure which is easily corrected.
All in all though there is so much to love about this team ...let's get behind them especially if and when they go through a bad run which we probably will at some stage. Can't wait for Millwall now!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024