Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Playground football..c'est magnifique! 11:08 - Sep 17 with 2653 views18StoneOfHoop

Listen to Loftcast with Andy Sinton ASAP
Lot of humdrum stating-the-obvious waffle not as good as Open All R's
so cut straight to 26:34 Ilias Chair interview starts
Good lad got me smiling ear-to-ear!

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-loftcast/id1137403100
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 11:55]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Playground football..c'est magnifique! on 11:46 - Sep 17 with 2550 viewsdaveB

The club and the media team at QPR have an important role now to calm down a bit and stop tweeting gifs of Eze doing a drag back and talking us up like we are the new Barcelona on podcasts. They have surely learned in the last few years it doesn't take much for us to fall off a cliff so as good as we look at the moment it should be us fans going over the top rather than the club
Playground football..c'est magnifique! on 11:55 - Sep 17 with 2532 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Playground football..c'est magnifique! on 11:46 - Sep 17 by daveB

The club and the media team at QPR have an important role now to calm down a bit and stop tweeting gifs of Eze doing a drag back and talking us up like we are the new Barcelona on podcasts. They have surely learned in the last few years it doesn't take much for us to fall off a cliff so as good as we look at the moment it should be us fans going over the top rather than the club

Can you really blame them trying to increase the value of one of their potentially most valuable assets though?
Playground football..c'est magnifique! on 12:47 - Sep 17 with 2471 viewsPinnerPaul

"Fall off the cliff"? - One mistake by our GK is all it took on Saturday!
Playground football..c'est magnifique! on 13:12 - Sep 17 with 2435 viewsAntti_Heinola

nonsense.
I love those gifs. It was great to see it again and fasn of all clubs like it. What's wrong with celebrating skill?

Bare bones.

Playground football..c'est magnifique! on 09:51 - Sep 18 with 2163 viewsdaveB

Playground football..c'est magnifique! on 13:12 - Sep 17 by Antti_Heinola

nonsense.
I love those gifs. It was great to see it again and fasn of all clubs like it. What's wrong with celebrating skill?

nothing wrong with celebrating skill, I just think club tend to go a bit over the top when we have a few good results or a player has a few good games. When redknapp was manager they kept showing a video of us putting 25 passes together which results in nothing but they never stopped going on about it for weeks and for me it just highlighted how shit we were in the other games that a passing move that ended in us not scoring was seen as a highlight. McClaren got the job last year partly based on that passing move which ended in nothing. So it's not a new thing, I just think it's fine for fans to do and make this kind of thing, we are supposed to be excitable and going overboard but when the club do it I find it a bit over the top.

Maybe all clubs do this and it's how the world works now but they seem to go overboard whenever we have a few good games and i think it contributes to extreme reactions. The club keep saying how great we are and look someones done a step over then when we fall from that level the vitriol to the players and clubs is well over the top as well. There needs to be some middle ground from both sides. Last season Eze started the season well and after all the hype and tribute videos of his time at Wycombe and gifs of him at the start of last season when his form dropped the abuse he got from people who couldn't accept that drop affected him badly, I just think let them play without the hype and their performances alone will be enough.

Sorry I know thats boring
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 9:53]
Playground football..c'est magnifique! on 10:00 - Sep 18 with 2149 viewsAntti_Heinola

Playground football..c'est magnifique! on 09:51 - Sep 18 by daveB

nothing wrong with celebrating skill, I just think club tend to go a bit over the top when we have a few good results or a player has a few good games. When redknapp was manager they kept showing a video of us putting 25 passes together which results in nothing but they never stopped going on about it for weeks and for me it just highlighted how shit we were in the other games that a passing move that ended in us not scoring was seen as a highlight. McClaren got the job last year partly based on that passing move which ended in nothing. So it's not a new thing, I just think it's fine for fans to do and make this kind of thing, we are supposed to be excitable and going overboard but when the club do it I find it a bit over the top.

Maybe all clubs do this and it's how the world works now but they seem to go overboard whenever we have a few good games and i think it contributes to extreme reactions. The club keep saying how great we are and look someones done a step over then when we fall from that level the vitriol to the players and clubs is well over the top as well. There needs to be some middle ground from both sides. Last season Eze started the season well and after all the hype and tribute videos of his time at Wycombe and gifs of him at the start of last season when his form dropped the abuse he got from people who couldn't accept that drop affected him badly, I just think let them play without the hype and their performances alone will be enough.

it is really boring mate. Lighten up.
By the way, that move came during a period in which we didn't lose a league game until Oct 26th, and didn't concede a league goal for eight consecutive games. It hardly highlighted how 'shit' we were.

I do agree it can heighten expectations and therefore provoke more despondency when things don't go right, but bloody hell, it's sport. It should be fun. When we play well and do good things we should celebrate it. I really appreciate the club highlighting these lovely things - I only get to see them once otherwise.

the club shouldn't cater to the hysterical among us.

Bare bones.

Playground football..c'est magnifique! on 10:19 - Sep 18 with 2128 viewsStoicHoop

Can't blame the club for trying to capitalise on the feel good factor when we are so financially strapped and desperately need to get more fans to the stadium. Also, isn't it nice for the media team to be bale to highlight some genuinely exciting attacking football for a change?
Playground football..c'est magnifique! on 10:20 - Sep 18 with 2125 viewsingeminate

Bang on.

Eze is a 21 year old kid with confidence issues and last year struggled with a serious dip in form.

So far he has been outstanding, but it's a small number of games, he's yet to show he can do it consistently throughout a season.

The club needs a steady hand, don't hype or lambaste too much. Try and control narrative, have the manager/Les/Lee talk about it being a long season, pre-empt that there will be ups and downs, remind how young he is.

Manage him so hopefully next time he has a couple of bad games it's a blip he can overturn instead of a slump he can't get out of.

Unless it's just all about flogging him in Jan in which case crack on and hope his form holds till then,....

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Login to get fewer ads

Playground football..c'est magnifique! on 11:31 - Sep 18 with 2033 viewsdaveB

Playground football..c'est magnifique! on 10:00 - Sep 18 by Antti_Heinola

it is really boring mate. Lighten up.
By the way, that move came during a period in which we didn't lose a league game until Oct 26th, and didn't concede a league goal for eight consecutive games. It hardly highlighted how 'shit' we were.

I do agree it can heighten expectations and therefore provoke more despondency when things don't go right, but bloody hell, it's sport. It should be fun. When we play well and do good things we should celebrate it. I really appreciate the club highlighting these lovely things - I only get to see them once otherwise.

the club shouldn't cater to the hysterical among us.

more meant the style at the time, i know we didn't lose for a while but we were pretty boring in most games and putting a few passes together was the exception when a side costing that much should have been doing it every week.

I agree it should be fun and they shouldn't ignore good performances but to me they go well over the top whenever we do well. Last season as well we won 3 games in a week and the dick swinging by the club was insane. It was only a few weeks ago that one of our players got so much abuse on twitter they had to delete their account, I just don't think the hype of certain players by the club helps when form and results inevitably drop.
Playground football..c'est magnifique! on 13:14 - Sep 18 with 1945 viewsAntti_Heinola

Playground football..c'est magnifique! on 11:31 - Sep 18 by daveB

more meant the style at the time, i know we didn't lose for a while but we were pretty boring in most games and putting a few passes together was the exception when a side costing that much should have been doing it every week.

I agree it should be fun and they shouldn't ignore good performances but to me they go well over the top whenever we do well. Last season as well we won 3 games in a week and the dick swinging by the club was insane. It was only a few weeks ago that one of our players got so much abuse on twitter they had to delete their account, I just don't think the hype of certain players by the club helps when form and results inevitably drop.

Good points, but my response is to be a quintessential dave b post:

but if the club didn't make nice gifs and celebrate the good times, they'd get criticised for that too. They just can't win.

;)

Bare bones.

Playground football..c'est magnifique! on 14:41 - Sep 18 with 1866 viewsrsonist

Well said mate. Personally it doesn't surprise me one bit our young fans grow up to be narcissistic sociopaths online when the club twitter keeps announcing the Junior Hoops birthdays every day.
Playground football..c'est magnifique! on 17:20 - Sep 18 with 1744 viewsFDC

Re the OP and the Chair interview. People talk about "young and hungry" players -- that's this guy all over.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024