Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To boo or not to boo... 13:36 - Sep 25 with 3769 viewsJoolz69

Comparing some of our threads to Stokes, we do come across as rather a cultured lot! And as worried about the environment as I am, Saturday has got me much more nervous. Also, can't remember a game where so many of my liked ex player's will be in starting line-up for opposition. I was upset when we sold Darnell, not just cos I thought he had tremendous potential as a really polished CB and RB, but also cos of he's Dad and that goal. What a night!
Then there's Charlie, and how fantastic he was for us, fact he stayed when he could have left will always endear me. And for season before he left Matty Philips was often my standout player. I guess I'm hoping they don't get booed. Saying all that, sod's law one of em will score... Anyway, so happy with how we are playing atm wouldn't want em back anyway... U rss
To boo or not to boo... on 13:41 - Sep 25 with 3005 viewsToast_R

Give them a polite round of applause when they come out or when their names are called out on the team sheets. Once the game starts - give em hell for 90 minutes.

Seen it done before, Seaman, Langley, Fenwick err plenty of others I'm sure.

I wasn't too struck on Matt Philips to be honest, I felt he could have been far more consistent.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 13:46]
To boo or not to boo... on 13:45 - Sep 25 with 2978 viewsRblockPrior

Before the game I will applaud them as they deserve even join in if we sing theres only 2 furlongs, but during the game they will get the same treatment I give all other opposition players.

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

To boo or not to boo... on 13:47 - Sep 25 with 2971 viewsMiss_Terraces

To boo or not to boo... on 13:41 - Sep 25 by Toast_R

Give them a polite round of applause when they come out or when their names are called out on the team sheets. Once the game starts - give em hell for 90 minutes.

Seen it done before, Seaman, Langley, Fenwick err plenty of others I'm sure.

I wasn't too struck on Matt Philips to be honest, I felt he could have been far more consistent.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 13:46]

Half the ground even cheered Sir Les, when he scored. That won't happen because we are going to keep a clean sheet
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 13:48]

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

To boo or not to boo... on 14:45 - Sep 25 with 2841 viewsrunningman75

Sir Les was a different class compared to Austin.
To boo or not to boo... on 15:51 - Sep 25 with 2719 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think it's sensible not to boo during the game. It just incentivises most players - see Cole, Andy.

Really liked all 3 players so i'll be giving them a polite clap before and after - especially Charlie - it's his first time back isn't it?

Bare bones.

To boo or not to boo... on 15:54 - Sep 25 with 2706 viewsPinnerPaul

Personally won't be clapping 'Matty' - thought he only ever put in 50% effort for us most of the time.
To boo or not to boo... on 16:01 - Sep 25 with 2687 viewsDorse

To boo or not to boo... on 15:54 - Sep 25 by PinnerPaul

Personally won't be clapping 'Matty' - thought he only ever put in 50% effort for us most of the time.

Maybe only boo half as much?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

To boo or not to boo... on 16:06 - Sep 25 with 2679 viewsWren67

Know what you mean about Phillips, perhaps if you gave him a warm welcome he may only put in a 50% performance on Sat.
Login to get fewer ads

To boo or not to boo... on 16:20 - Sep 25 with 2661 viewsAntti_Heinola

And yet once he left my God did we miss his goals and assists. Him and Hoilett much-maligned, but you could argue it's only very recently they've been adequately replaced. Unpopular view, but it's correct and I'll hear no more about it.

Bare bones.

To boo or not to boo... on 16:24 - Sep 25 with 2652 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Clap before the game. Nothing during the game. No chance of booing. Furlong is a Ranger, even if he has moved, i would never boo a player who scored our semi-final winner and top Prem goalscorer. Phillips, meh, wouldn't really clap him but don't think he is someone who deserves a boo either

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

To boo or not to boo... on 16:32 - Sep 25 with 2640 viewsqueensparker

Furlong and Austin will get clapped, Phillips will get booed.

Bit unfair on Phillips who arguably scored the greatest ever QPR goal but I think it’s more about what eras they played in than anything personal:

(Btw I know Trev scored not only the greatest Rangers goal but the greatest goal in the history of football but you get the point)
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 16:35]
To boo or not to boo... on 16:47 - Sep 25 with 2608 viewsmcqpr10

Furlong deserves a massive cheer: came through the ranks, son of a legend and by all accounts a top professional and role model.

Austin deserves a great cheer for being an absolute goal scoring machine while with us and sending us to Wembley with his brace versus Wigan. The guy scored 18 in the top flight with an absolute shambles of a team. Also, watch his interview after the play off final, meant so much to him.

Phillips I wouldn't boo nor cheer.

Booing players tends to inspire them. Stay classy !
To boo or not to boo... on 17:06 - Sep 25 with 2561 viewsPinnerPaul

To boo or not to boo... on 16:20 - Sep 25 by Antti_Heinola

And yet once he left my God did we miss his goals and assists. Him and Hoilett much-maligned, but you could argue it's only very recently they've been adequately replaced. Unpopular view, but it's correct and I'll hear no more about it.

Missed his Goals? 14 in 90 aps 2013 - 2016?????????
To boo or not to boo... on 17:16 - Sep 25 with 2539 viewsW7Ranger

To boo or not to boo... on 17:06 - Sep 25 by PinnerPaul

Jamie Mackie had a better record in his first stint. 18 in 85 over 3 seasons (2 of those seasons in the Prem)
To boo or not to boo... on 17:23 - Sep 25 with 2527 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If we win they can have a Parade.
To boo or not to boo... on 18:14 - Sep 25 with 2442 viewsAntti_Heinola

To boo or not to boo... on 17:06 - Sep 25 by PinnerPaul

I SAID I WILL HEAR NO MORE ABOUT IT.

But, 8 goals in his final season from a non-striker. Not a huge amount, but I tell you what, no other fcker was scoring them once he was gone - and that's before you count his assist rate, which was very high, and more important.

I did a post at the end of that season that the players we got rid of that summer - some, like MP and JH waved off joyfully by some fans - accounted for about 3/4 of all our goals and assists and that we'd struggle to replace them. Which is exactly what happened. Freeman was the closest replacement - 5 goals season before last, 8 last season. I agree MP was frustrating at times, but we did miss him and failed to replace his goals and assists from the wide/midfield area.

and I will hear no more about it.

Bare bones.

To boo or not to boo... on 19:54 - Sep 25 with 2322 viewsHarbour

I will clap all three when teams line up , not going to boo but after kick off they are just opposing players and will get the usual stick
To boo or not to boo... on 20:14 - Sep 25 with 2283 viewsFDC

To boo or not to boo... on 16:32 - Sep 25 by queensparker

Furlong and Austin will get clapped, Phillips will get booed.

Bit unfair on Phillips who arguably scored the greatest ever QPR goal but I think it’s more about what eras they played in than anything personal:

(Btw I know Trev scored not only the greatest Rangers goal but the greatest goal in the history of football but you get the point)
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 16:35]

I looked away when he got the ball because it didn't look like anything was on, then everyone started celebrating. Really confusing; because it didn't seem plausible that a goal could have been scored in the fee seconds I wasn't watching
To boo or not to boo... on 21:35 - Sep 25 with 2201 viewsTacticalR

To boo or not to boo... on 18:14 - Sep 25 by Antti_Heinola

I SAID I WILL HEAR NO MORE ABOUT IT.

But, 8 goals in his final season from a non-striker. Not a huge amount, but I tell you what, no other fcker was scoring them once he was gone - and that's before you count his assist rate, which was very high, and more important.

I did a post at the end of that season that the players we got rid of that summer - some, like MP and JH waved off joyfully by some fans - accounted for about 3/4 of all our goals and assists and that we'd struggle to replace them. Which is exactly what happened. Freeman was the closest replacement - 5 goals season before last, 8 last season. I agree MP was frustrating at times, but we did miss him and failed to replace his goals and assists from the wide/midfield area.

and I will hear no more about it.

Unfortunately for Phillips he was branded as one of the mercenaries. People forgot that we got him from Blackpool not from Manchester United's junkyard of burnt-out wrecks.

On the assists, as Les Ferdinand pointed out in 2016 when discussing the previous season:

'At the end of the season, barring Lionel Messi, nobody had more assists in the second half of the season in all of Europe than Matt Phillips.'

I agree that people were quite blasé about the number of goals that disappeared out of the team. That's how we ended up with Smith and Washington.

Air hostess clique

To boo or not to boo... on 22:16 - Sep 25 with 2156 viewsParkRoyalR

To boo or not to boo... on 21:35 - Sep 25 by TacticalR

Unfortunately for Phillips he was branded as one of the mercenaries. People forgot that we got him from Blackpool not from Manchester United's junkyard of burnt-out wrecks.

On the assists, as Les Ferdinand pointed out in 2016 when discussing the previous season:

'At the end of the season, barring Lionel Messi, nobody had more assists in the second half of the season in all of Europe than Matt Phillips.'

I agree that people were quite blasé about the number of goals that disappeared out of the team. That's how we ended up with Smith and Washington.

Always liked Matty Philips, gave fans his time, worked hard for the team, just feel self confidence / lack of arrogance held him back as had pace and two great feet, just bullied a little too easily for a big lad
To boo or not to boo... on 22:51 - Sep 25 with 2108 viewssmegma

To boo or not to boo... on 14:45 - Sep 25 by runningman75

Sir Les was a different class compared to Austin.

Charlie's the best forward we had since Les. Les played in a better team .
To boo or not to boo... on 01:34 - Sep 26 with 2017 viewsjohnhoop

To boo or not to boo... on 22:51 - Sep 25 by smegma

Charlie's the best forward we had since Les. Les played in a better team .

Agreed, I thought this at the time and thinking what a 2014 Charlie could do to our defence is a bit scary. What with the passage of 5 years and the injuries he’s had however, I really don’t think he’s quite the player he was then, or maybe I’m just hoping that.
To boo or not to boo... on 08:32 - Sep 26 with 1838 viewsmakaveli1882

Philips cupped his ear when he scored against us last year in the 7-1 game which was shocking as nobody had given him any grief whatsoever.

Charlie Austin is the best striker we have had down here since Les, if anyone boos him they want shooting.

He hasn't scored for them yet so he is bound to score and celebrate as Les did any good striker should do.
To boo or not to boo... on 09:45 - Sep 26 with 1770 viewsWixamsR

Much like everyone else on this thread, I will politely applaud both Austin and Furlong before and after the game, the bit in between they are just opposition players who I hope have a mare.

Won't boo Phillips, however he isn't a player I ever warmed to so I won't be clapping him either.

Of course, it is pretty much nailed on that the three of them are going to have the games of their lives.
To boo or not to boo... on 10:30 - Sep 26 with 1727 viewsAntti_Heinola

To boo or not to boo... on 01:34 - Sep 26 by johnhoop

Agreed, I thought this at the time and thinking what a 2014 Charlie could do to our defence is a bit scary. What with the passage of 5 years and the injuries he’s had however, I really don’t think he’s quite the player he was then, or maybe I’m just hoping that.

Easily the most complete striker we had since Les, with apologies to one of my all time faves, Paul Furlong.
Wasn't quick, but that was pretty much his only shortcoming. Brave, strong, intelligent - his movement in the box was outstanding. His finishing was superb. And he scored all types of goals - long range, tap ins, headers, volleys, one-on-ones. His hold-up game wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad and he worked hard at improving all aspects of his game. Carried the whole team at times and really kept Redknapp in a job, because the amount of times he single-handedly saved us was ridiculous.
A real shame he didn't kick on a bit more after he left, but injuries did him a bit. Clearly will grab about 5 on Saturday though.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024