Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post-WBA 14:13 - Sep 28 with 6775 viewsMistication92

Always thought they looked a cut above TBH. Both bad goals to concede though. Maybe that's Warburton's excuse to drop Lumley?
Post-WBA on 14:21 - Sep 28 with 4459 viewsMelakaRanger

But it was also in the final third today we were very poor. Few chances and poor finishing on the few chances we had. We just didn’t test their goalie at all

Had Lumley not let in their first, the game might be very different

In the first 80 mins we deserved to be level but a loss is a fair result.

Still look at the money/quality in the WBA team compared to our bargain basement collection. With a half decent goalie , like say Smithies, we could have got a point.
Post-WBA on 14:26 - Sep 28 with 4420 viewss1cRanger

Obviously this is always going to be a forum to vent. But thought we looked dreadful today. No chances, no threat at all. I even forgot that half the players were playing (Chair, Eze)

Clear to see that despite the good results recently when we come up against a decent side in this division we really are nowhere near good enough to compete.

It's the hope that kills you as putting down a string of four wins and looking great to a performance like this really is gutting to see as a fan.

West Brom didn't look amazing in attack either but our quality was lacking today and we gave the ball away so many times and made stupid mistakes it was painful to watch. Add to this that their defenders had a very simple task of easily winning the ball from our front two and we were never going to trouble them.

Mid table team this season I am afraid lads. Then again who knew what to expect from a completely new squad..
Post-WBA on 14:47 - Sep 28 with 4316 viewsNov77

We were comfortably outplayed, not surprised though as I think our league position flattered us a little before today. We beat Luton (just) who then went on to lose 3-0 at home to stoke, then scraped past Millwall who hadn’t won in the previous 5.

We’ll be alright this season but I wouldn’t get hopes up regarding play offs.

Clean sheets are a definite worry, Having to score one or two every game just to get something is unsustainable and hopefully Warburton knows that, we were doing ok today up until they scored, which I think was their first shot on target, then went to pieces a bit.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Post-WBA on 14:55 - Sep 28 with 4256 viewsBushman

Post-WBA on 14:26 - Sep 28 by s1cRanger

Obviously this is always going to be a forum to vent. But thought we looked dreadful today. No chances, no threat at all. I even forgot that half the players were playing (Chair, Eze)

Clear to see that despite the good results recently when we come up against a decent side in this division we really are nowhere near good enough to compete.

It's the hope that kills you as putting down a string of four wins and looking great to a performance like this really is gutting to see as a fan.

West Brom didn't look amazing in attack either but our quality was lacking today and we gave the ball away so many times and made stupid mistakes it was painful to watch. Add to this that their defenders had a very simple task of easily winning the ball from our front two and we were never going to trouble them.

Mid table team this season I am afraid lads. Then again who knew what to expect from a completely new squad..

If we were dreadful we would have lost 8-0 🙄 as they are a good team.

We competed toe to toe w them till another brain fart from Lumley like the Luton game knocked the bollox out of the teams confidence.

Would have been happy with 0-0 we were on top
Until they scored.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Post-WBA on 15:06 - Sep 28 with 4175 views1MoreBrightonR

Just home and definitely wouldn't say we were dreadful. Main difference is we really didn't try and push forward the first half....very different tactic in the first half to previous games and we really played more defensively and tried to contain them but that massively limited any attacking ability. We aren't going to go out against every team and have 7 players pressing high up.
Post-WBA on 15:14 - Sep 28 with 4101 viewsbosh67

They pressed very high, won the midfield battle easily and we left Kane with far too much to do on the right, where there was no one within 30 yards of him. Thought the back 3 did fine. Barbet very unlucky. Thought he had played fantastically most of the game. Never gave service to the 2 front men. First goal Lumley should have got something to it but we let the kid run at us and he should never have been allowed to get the shot off.

Main concerns are Wells who limped off and Barbet, who now looks very good out for a few weeks on the red.

Overall done by a far better organised and accomplished side. No complaints. An off day for us but neutralised by a very well drilled Brom.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Post-WBA on 15:14 - Sep 28 with 4098 viewsWadR

Missed Bristol City away but Swansea at home we competed perfectly fine, created chances and could've won but for two poor errors for their first 2. Still think it's a little early to be making sweeping statements that we can't compete against the best teams.

West Brom didn't look amazing in attack, no, but don't think there's many better midfield 3s in the division than Livermore, Sawyers and Pereira. Toughest test so far the Eze, Ball, Chair midfield and although I thought Ball was good, WBA shut down passing lanes into Eze and Chair really effectively and stopped them from turning and running at their back 4.

Very disappointed in Cameron. Thought, one vital block aside, he was poor against Millwall and he was worse today. So slow, cumbersome and really poor on the ball.
Post-WBA on 15:14 - Sep 28 with 4092 viewsBlackCrowe

Created bugger all but until the first goal i thought we were competing well enough. Finished the first half well and started the second well until they scored. Lumley at fault for a tame shot most def, but but Ferguson was just allowed to advance up the pitch without any challenge.

Eze and Wells very quiet today. And can't be too harsh on Barbet, took one for the team, it happens.

MOM for us has to be Leistner, followed by Manning.

Very very disappointing.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 15:17]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Post-WBA on 15:15 - Sep 28 with 4081 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

One of those results you can’t object to but know deep deep down that if your took the mistakes and wasted surges at the byline out of the equation we could have won or drawn.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 15:51]
Post-WBA on 15:20 - Sep 28 with 4023 viewsWilloW4

Post-WBA on 15:14 - Sep 28 by BlackCrowe

Created bugger all but until the first goal i thought we were competing well enough. Finished the first half well and started the second well until they scored. Lumley at fault for a tame shot most def, but but Ferguson was just allowed to advance up the pitch without any challenge.

Eze and Wells very quiet today. And can't be too harsh on Barbet, took one for the team, it happens.

MOM for us has to be Leistner, followed by Manning.

Very very disappointing.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 15:17]

MOM is Leistner for me too..I thought Kane was awful. A bad 90 mins. Disappointing but still early doors.
Post-WBA on 15:22 - Sep 28 with 4010 viewsWilloW4

Post-WBA on 15:15 - Sep 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

One of those results you can’t object to but know deep deep down that if your took the mistakes and wasted surges at the byline out of the equation we could have won or drawn.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 15:51]

'Wasted chances'.? What chance/s..?
Post-WBA on 15:22 - Sep 28 with 4003 viewstoboboly

No-one in hoops turned up.

The defence was woeful, the first goal should have been closed down 20 yards before he hit it. Passing was poor, first touch was poor, tackling was poor, no movement and no pace.

The ref was terrible too although that didn’t affect the match.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Post-WBA on 15:25 - Sep 28 with 3972 viewsStanisgod

Post-WBA on 15:22 - Sep 28 by toboboly

No-one in hoops turned up.

The defence was woeful, the first goal should have been closed down 20 yards before he hit it. Passing was poor, first touch was poor, tackling was poor, no movement and no pace.

The ref was terrible too although that didn’t affect the match.

Spot on in everything. 👌

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Post-WBA on 15:29 - Sep 28 with 3917 viewsgobbles

We weren't dreadful at all. They closed down our flair players and looked a good team, who we did well to compete with for most of the game.
We were in with a chance of getting a point right up until the red card.
I'm proud of our team this season, today included.
Post-WBA on 15:39 - Sep 28 with 3859 viewsqprd

While I think the entire team was pretty poor and sloppy, the player who had the biggest effect tactically (and negatively) was ball.

He's clearly not very good with the ball at his feet, and in the first half, seemed to be allowing himself to be marked out of the game. with the two wing backs down the pitch, two strikers and two attacking midfielders buzzing behind them, we needed a player who could collect the ball and make simple passes. instead, ball was pretty invisible, which had a threefold effect: 1) it forced the centrebacks to pass sideways to each other and backwards to the keeper, putting them under quite a bit of pressure (rather than slipping a simple pass to a holding MF) 2) without a simple forward passing option, it led our centrebacks to actually start dribbling up the pitch to advance the ball forward (as leistner and barbet did quite a few times) and 3) it forced them to kick it long, which made it harder for the forwards to control the ball and make the next pass (hence a lot of the sloppy giveaways)

ball is a limited player, so i dont necessarily blame him for shying away from the ball. warburton couldve made two adjustments to resolve this. one he could have moved cameron into midfield as well (in the way ollie used hall in a back 3), giving us a decent holding option in midfield. warburton made the tactical change to a back 4 with cameron as a second deep midfielder when bright came on, but by that point, it was too little too late. second, he couldve instructed one of eze and chair to slip into deeper positions to link up the forwards.

we clearly need someone to do the dirty work if we're going to play so openly. but balls inability to perform the holding role certainly cost us
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 15:40]
Post-WBA on 15:44 - Sep 28 with 3819 viewsCamberleyR

Post-WBA on 15:14 - Sep 28 by bosh67

They pressed very high, won the midfield battle easily and we left Kane with far too much to do on the right, where there was no one within 30 yards of him. Thought the back 3 did fine. Barbet very unlucky. Thought he had played fantastically most of the game. Never gave service to the 2 front men. First goal Lumley should have got something to it but we let the kid run at us and he should never have been allowed to get the shot off.

Main concerns are Wells who limped off and Barbet, who now looks very good out for a few weeks on the red.

Overall done by a far better organised and accomplished side. No complaints. An off day for us but neutralised by a very well drilled Brom.

Barbet will just miss the Cardiff game. It wasn't a sending off for serious foul play or violent conduct.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Post-WBA on 15:50 - Sep 28 with 3781 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Post-WBA on 15:22 - Sep 28 by WilloW4

'Wasted chances'.? What chance/s..?

How many times did hit the byline and hesitate? A dozen I reckon.
Post-WBA on 15:51 - Sep 28 with 3772 viewsNed_Kennedys

Post-WBA on 15:29 - Sep 28 by gobbles

We weren't dreadful at all. They closed down our flair players and looked a good team, who we did well to compete with for most of the game.
We were in with a chance of getting a point right up until the red card.
I'm proud of our team this season, today included.

I'm proud of how the team have done this season but we were awful today. No goal threat at all and never looked like scoring.
Post-WBA on 15:58 - Sep 28 with 3706 viewsHastings_Hoops

Form: Played five - won four and lost one, beating millwall away for the first time since 1990 and beating Sheff Wednesday at Hillsborough.

Mid table is not something we should be ‘afraid’ of.

I still think we’ll be in the top 6.
Post-WBA on 16:00 - Sep 28 with 3691 viewsjoe90

We stood off them all game, showed then too much respect. We were on the back foot from the go.

Kane was awful, he had so much space all game but couldn't do anything with it.

We need to play with more confidence, even if the outcome is the same it gives something the fans can get behind!

Thought the atmosphere and turnout was poor from us, possibly due to the early kick off?
Post-WBA on 16:07 - Sep 28 with 3626 viewsPinnerPaul

Not going down the 'dreadful' or 'awful' route.

Even at our best think a victory might have been pushing it.

Lost to the team that should win this league, no disgrace in that.

MW spot on - 1st half we gave the ball away by trying too hard, 1st 10' of 2nd we were much better then allowing player to run 50 yards, cut inside and get a shot away that Lumley should have saved killed the game.

Couple of side notes - my only complaint with the ref was time added on - should have been 5 in the 2nd half, possibly 6 - otherwise he was OK - all cards (and non cards) good for me.

Weren't that many of us left by this time but both Charlie and Darnell walked round and gave fans a clap, Charlie also gave a young QPR fan his shirt - well done them.

Of course Mr Phillips was nowhere to be seen - bit like plenty of his games for us then!

Onwards - 4 pts from the next two and a good season is still on the cards.
Post-WBA on 16:20 - Sep 28 with 3549 viewsWilloW4

Post-WBA on 15:50 - Sep 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

How many times did hit the byline and hesitate? A dozen I reckon.

A dozen 'Chances' by the byline.????
Post-WBA on 16:28 - Sep 28 with 3499 viewsbosh67

We were beaten by a better side and a side we need to learn from in terms of pressing and winning the midfield.

Learn and move on.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Post-WBA on 16:38 - Sep 28 with 3435 viewsconnell10

Post-WBA on 14:55 - Sep 28 by Bushman

If we were dreadful we would have lost 8-0 🙄 as they are a good team.

We competed toe to toe w them till another brain fart from Lumley like the Luton game knocked the bollox out of the teams confidence.

Would have been happy with 0-0 we were on top
Until they scored.

If Joe hadn't made 3 good saves it would have been 5-0 , we were soundly beat by a far superior team mate!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Post-WBA on 16:43 - Sep 28 with 3412 viewsconnell10

Post-WBA on 16:28 - Sep 28 by bosh67

We were beaten by a better side and a side we need to learn from in terms of pressing and winning the midfield.

Learn and move on.

Correct mate.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024