Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back, off the Stream 17:20 - Oct 5 with 5018 viewsBrianMcCarthy

An odd game. Six goals, eight bookings, but strangely bloodless.

We are hugely creative. Eze, Chair, Wells and Manning destroyed Blackburn in the first half. The back four had an easy day, but we still conceded two. The first a needless penalty, the second a combination of standing off Dack, standing off Bennett and then not picking up Armstrong. I think we play too narrow at the back, personally. Combine this with our lack of height at set pieces and a goalie as short as Kenny and Roberts were when they got fivers off their parents for their Holy Communion and you begin to wonder where the elusive clean sheet will come from.

Still, 4-2 against a team that’s as welcome as a taxman with bad breath and it’s a good day.

I thought that Chair had a fine first half, as did Eze, Manning and Wells. I’m not sure anyone overly shone in a second half that seemed to feature no midfielders whatsoever. I love control. We all have our fetishes, mine is control. Today, we had none. Nor did they. Whether in a first half dominated by Eze, Manning, Wells and Chair playing on a pool table that sloped badly towards the Ellerslie or a second half where most players played as if they had flowers in their hair, there was no control whatsoever.

We scored four, they scored two, we were denied a penalty, they did an autopsy on us for a goal that was thankfully disallowed. Take that, take this, he said, she said, potayto, potato, tomayto, tomato, let’s call the whole thing off.

4-2. Lovely football. Can’t pick my man of the match.

Even for a control freak like me, this is gorgeous.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just back, off the Stream on 00:44 - Oct 6 with 1170 viewsplasmahoop

I'm well happy, the first game I've attended this season. Good win, and a cracking day out drinking around it. Still totally buzzing
Just back, off the Stream on 05:28 - Oct 6 with 1070 viewsnix

Just back, off the Stream on 23:59 - Oct 5 by Boston

Agree, although reasonably competitive it certainly didn't set the world on fire, which surprised me somewhat as I was sure they'd be friggin mad about the last two results.

I thought they looked a bit nervous about making a mistake. Then once they scored the shackles were off.
Just back, off the Stream on 08:56 - Oct 6 with 906 viewsRangersw12

It's been a joy watching Rangers this season win , lose or draw

We finally have an identity and a style of play, something we've lacked for many years . Warburton, Les and Hoos deserve massive credit

As for yesterday I thought Eze as since again the best player on the pitch the way he just glides through and doesn't panic is superb for someone so young

Manning and Chair also fantastic

I know it's early days and this can still.go tits up but this is most excited I've been about a Rangers team for years and we can really go places
Just back, off the Stream on 09:15 - Oct 6 with 870 viewsPinnerPaul

Interesting reading/hearing the two managers afterwards.

MW didn't seem too pleased, thought we were a bit slow in our decision making - 1st half I thought that.

2nd half Mowbray admitted to changing to a more attacking formation as he recognised that they were getting nowhere fast in that 1st half and couldn't see them scoring.

He blamed his players for losing their one on ones, which I think was pretty spot on - unlike WBA where we seemed to lose 80% of the challenges, today we won them.

Bit of a worry that we look like we need to score 3 or 4 to win a game at the moment, but as you have all said what a joy to watch!
Just back, off the Stream on 09:24 - Oct 6 with 846 viewsfrancisbowles

Very scrappy opening period, players looked nervous, first goal settled us down a bit, relief as BOS heads Manning's cross back to Wells.

Eze tries that usual tricky move that always seems to hit the defenders leg and sometimes goes for him and sometimes doesn't. This time it does and he slots it in the corner.

Blackburn took of our previous nemesis, Danny Graham, who had been in Leistner's pocket, and pushed pacy Armstrong up to try and get in between Rangel and BFG. It improved Blackburn and had us a little worried, for a short while, after another stupid lunge by the otherwise very good Barbet, until BOS, at last, hits the target to add to his assist on the first goal.

btw,......WTF is Kelly doing at penalties. After the ridiculous histrionics in the cup match, today more attempts at mind games, which only distracted himself to the point where he wasn't set when the penalty was taken.

Manning then puts it on a sixpence for Hugill, who heads it true and straight into the net.

Fair play to Blackburn, at 4-1 they kept going and tiredness was setting in for Cameron and others and they manage to find space in our box and a decent ball in is well converted.

Funny game, certainly not a classic and not a great performance overall but in some ways very good as every player played their part and amongst many sixes and sevens there are eights for Manning and and Eze, who I don't remember conceeding possession in the whole 90 mins.

Nice to go into the break with 3 points and time to work on that defence.
Just back, off the Stream on 16:27 - Oct 6 with 610 viewsEsox_Lucius

I think a little bit of credit should be heading John Eustace's way. MW acknowledged his input at the start of the season but from what we saw of his little spell as manager for us I believe that he is almost as important as MW in how we play. I may be doing Neil Banfield a disservice here but I have to be honest and admit I have no clue as to his input; for all I know he may the real brains behind our tactics all season.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024