Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom Apologise 09:14 - Oct 8 with 3782 viewsBuckR

Fair play - West Brom & Bilic have massively gone up in my estimation after this game

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/west-brom-player-apologises-to-qpr-fans/
West Brom Apologise on 09:19 - Oct 8 with 3751 viewsfrancisbowles

Well done to him, Bilic etc. A big thing to do, especially as it has been forgotten by most of us by now.

Good to see Bilic trying to install discipline and standards.
West Brom Apologise on 09:20 - Oct 8 with 3745 viewsMick_S

Bucks, I mentioned in another thread that Bilic gave the player a proper finger wag bollocking/mouthfull straight after the "celebration." I like him alot. Decent from West Brom.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

West Brom Apologise on 09:26 - Oct 8 with 3726 viewsBuckR

West Brom Apologise on 09:20 - Oct 8 by Mick_S

Bucks, I mentioned in another thread that Bilic gave the player a proper finger wag bollocking/mouthfull straight after the "celebration." I like him alot. Decent from West Brom.

Yep saw that when I watched the game back. Made him go over and apologise to our bench
West Brom Apologise on 09:32 - Oct 8 with 3699 viewsMick_S

West Brom Apologise on 09:26 - Oct 8 by BuckR

Yep saw that when I watched the game back. Made him go over and apologise to our bench

Didn't see that! Even more impressive.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

West Brom Apologise on 09:44 - Oct 8 with 3660 viewsCamberleyR

West Brom Apologise on 09:26 - Oct 8 by BuckR

According to Clive's match report, Bilic made him go and apologise to our bench after he feigned injury trying to get Manning booked and then immediately after that when he was subbed he went up to Manning and patronisingly tickled his chin as he walked off.

"Nor really while Pereira blotted the copy book of an outstanding personal performance with a theatrical collapse to try and get Ryan Manning booked, then a patronising tickle of the Irishman’s chin on his way off after being subbed which sparked a needless flashpoint. Bilic clearly agreed, fishing the Brazilian back out of the dug out to apologise to the QPR coaching staff."
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 9:45]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

West Brom Apologise on 09:54 - Oct 8 with 3632 viewsNorthernr

West Brom Apologise on 09:44 - Oct 8 by CamberleyR

According to Clive's match report, Bilic made him go and apologise to our bench after he feigned injury trying to get Manning booked and then immediately after that when he was subbed he went up to Manning and patronisingly tickled his chin as he walked off.

"Nor really while Pereira blotted the copy book of an outstanding personal performance with a theatrical collapse to try and get Ryan Manning booked, then a patronising tickle of the Irishman’s chin on his way off after being subbed which sparked a needless flashpoint. Bilic clearly agreed, fishing the Brazilian back out of the dug out to apologise to the QPR coaching staff."
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 9:45]

Yeh Bilic didn't see him do that, but Manning reacted and Warburton had a strong word with him as he went off, so Bilic then fished him out of the bench and made him apologise.

As for this celebration thing, very good of them to apologise, but it's a bit much isn't it? Did somebody really complain about that? Did anybody really think it had anything to do with the name of the ground? Some people are just constantly on the look out for a reason to be offended.
West Brom Apologise on 11:26 - Oct 8 with 3420 viewsDorse

West Brom Apologise on 09:54 - Oct 8 by Northernr

Yeh Bilic didn't see him do that, but Manning reacted and Warburton had a strong word with him as he went off, so Bilic then fished him out of the bench and made him apologise.

As for this celebration thing, very good of them to apologise, but it's a bit much isn't it? Did somebody really complain about that? Did anybody really think it had anything to do with the name of the ground? Some people are just constantly on the look out for a reason to be offended.

How dare you.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

West Brom Apologise on 12:49 - Oct 8 with 3286 viewsdaveB

I did see a few people complain on twitter about it but people complain about everything on there, I thought it was pretty clear what he intended with the celebration as in game over
Login to get fewer ads

West Brom Apologise on 13:07 - Oct 8 with 3231 viewssmegma

West Brom Apologise on 09:19 - Oct 8 by francisbowles

Well done to him, Bilic etc. A big thing to do, especially as it has been forgotten by most of us by now.

Good to see Bilic trying to install discipline and standards.

Bilic stood and shook every one of our players hands as they walked off. Also, as Charlie Austin walked off, he unzipped his puffa jacket, took off his shirt and handed to a young QPR fan next to the dugouts and got roundly applauded.
West Brom Apologise on 13:28 - Oct 8 with 3164 viewsLongsufferingR

I have sent this letter to WBA:

Dear Mr Bromwich,

Please accept my profuse and sincere apologies for my celebration of QPR's equaliser in our 7-1 defeat at the Hawthorns last season. At the time I did not realise the significance of the goal and that it must have reminded all West Brom fans in the ground of a goal that the late Jeff Astle once scored on a Tuesday night away at Barnsley. There was no intention of making light of the passing of dear Jeff and I fully understand the implications of my celebration of that goal. I feel duly ashamed and would ask for the forgiveness of anybody with such a twisted sense of the world around them that may have been offended at my celebration of our goal.

Kind regards
West Brom Apologise on 13:40 - Oct 8 with 3115 viewsTheChef

Agreed. Such is the world we live in.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

West Brom Apologise on 13:42 - Oct 8 with 3104 viewsWatford_Ranger

Now can QPR apologise for that abomination of a wall.
West Brom Apologise on 13:59 - Oct 8 with 3051 viewsCLAREMAN1995

West Brom Apologise on 13:40 - Oct 8 by TheChef

Agreed. Such is the world we live in.

Its not a good look giving a throat slashing gesture and should be banned IMO.Over in the USA its been banned across all sports and the players have accepted that decision without any issues.
There is lots of other ways to celebrate so be creative and just go for it.
Fair play to the Manager though he seems like he wants the game played in the right spirit .
West Brom Apologise on 14:02 - Oct 8 with 3041 viewsEsox_Lucius

It must be a Northern thing

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024