Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toys you had as a kid. 09:41 - Oct 10 with 22735 viewsMick_S

This was possibly my favourite as you could use any of your Matchbox cars by sticking an adapter to the underside.

Apparently this was Peter Kay's best ever Christmas present.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Toys you had as a kid. on 12:21 - Oct 10 with 2296 viewsMrSheen

Toys you had as a kid. on 12:14 - Oct 10 by 81A

Hooked on subbuteo ever since I got the 1970 World Cup Edition for Christmas. Presumably today's version has VAR to check whether or not players have been flicked or steered !

Or who sat on them.
Toys you had as a kid. on 12:31 - Oct 10 with 2281 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Toys you had as a kid. on 12:16 - Oct 10 by CliveWilsonSaid

I had this and the Football one with the two players with the flicky legs from them.

I used to write out the Lancashire team and my mate Dave did the Essex one (Gooch era) and we used to have B&H final games, writing out the score for each batsman. I cannot remember if we did the bowling, I think we did.

Great game

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Toys you had as a kid. (n/t) on 12:45 - Oct 10 with 2236 viewsPommyhoop

Toys you had as a kid. on 12:31 - Oct 10 by Metallica_Hoop

I had this and the Football one with the two players with the flicky legs from them.

I used to write out the Lancashire team and my mate Dave did the Essex one (Gooch era) and we used to have B&H final games, writing out the score for each batsman. I cannot remember if we did the bowling, I think we did.

Great game

soz ..,mistake post
[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 12:47]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Toys you had as a kid. on 12:53 - Oct 10 with 2201 viewsMick_S

Toys you had as a kid. on 12:21 - Oct 10 by MrSheen

Or who sat on them.

Toys you had as a kid. on 13:00 - Oct 10 with 2186 viewsloftboy

Toys you had as a kid. on 12:53 - Oct 10 by Mick_S

My dad mounted my subbuteo pitch on MDF, I had the green picket surround fence and a grandstand, I spent all my pocket money buying extra spectators to glue in, I had the wooden scoreboard with the round dials to change the score and all the teams were on sheets of card which you had to cut out yourself.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Toys you had as a kid. on 13:03 - Oct 10 with 2172 views81A

Toys you had as a kid. on 13:00 - Oct 10 by loftboy

My dad mounted my subbuteo pitch on MDF, I had the green picket surround fence and a grandstand, I spent all my pocket money buying extra spectators to glue in, I had the wooden scoreboard with the round dials to change the score and all the teams were on sheets of card which you had to cut out yourself.

Nice. I had the floodlights which were a bit like those at Lower Mead insofar as things seemed to get darker when you turned them on !
Toys you had as a kid. on 13:06 - Oct 10 with 2161 viewsW13R

Toys you had as a kid. on 13:19 - Oct 10 with 2147 viewsLythamR

Striker and big league, me and my mates had a league in Perivale/North Greenford where you could incorporate players from both games

Also loved Crossfire and Hot Wheels there was the loop the loop racing and also a tower parking garage that the cars went into and went up the lift to the top which gave the height to run into the loop.
Login to get fewer ads

Toys you had as a kid. on 13:22 - Oct 10 with 2142 viewsMick_S

If only...

[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 13:27]

Toys you had as a kid. on 13:30 - Oct 10 with 2115 viewsted_hendrix

Well I had a spud gun that was slightly dangerous but I then got me a cap gun and a cowboy hat (ta older brother).
Memory not up to scratch anymore but the cap gun used to have a roll of caps which meant you could fire off a quick salvo in succession thus killing loads of your mates, that also made me more cooler that Val Kilmer (Doc Holliday in Tombstone).
As a consequence I was always in demand when a Sheriff needed some help with unruly and very naughty cowboys, I'd ride into town a bit like The Outlaw Josey Wales,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

(Got a bit carried away there)

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Toys you had as a kid. on 13:51 - Oct 10 with 2088 viewsloftboy

Toys you had as a kid. on 13:30 - Oct 10 by ted_hendrix

Well I had a spud gun that was slightly dangerous but I then got me a cap gun and a cowboy hat (ta older brother).
Memory not up to scratch anymore but the cap gun used to have a roll of caps which meant you could fire off a quick salvo in succession thus killing loads of your mates, that also made me more cooler that Val Kilmer (Doc Holliday in Tombstone).
As a consequence I was always in demand when a Sheriff needed some help with unruly and very naughty cowboys, I'd ride into town a bit like The Outlaw Josey Wales,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

And when you got bored there was always using a sharp stone to hit the caps with, you could fold them over and do several at once. Later on they brought out a plastic ring which fitted inside a revolver. Can’t see kids today being allowed to play “bank robbers”

Toys you had as a kid. on 13:59 - Oct 10 with 2075 viewsDannyPaddox

UFO SHADO Interceptor Dinky Toy. A button on the side would fire the torpedo which I lost after trying to take down a pigeon from a 15th floor balcony. Would work equally well loaded with a Caran D’ache coloured pencil or felt tip. Hours of fun in the art class.
Toys you had as a kid. on 14:05 - Oct 10 with 2062 viewsMick_S

Click the button to the side and it would drop its bomb on your tiny plastic soldiers.

Toys you had as a kid. on 14:08 - Oct 10 with 2052 views2Thomas2Bowles

Toys you had as a kid. on 13:30 - Oct 10 by ted_hendrix

Teds posse

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Toys you had as a kid. on 14:22 - Oct 10 with 2020 viewsloftboy

Toys you had as a kid. on 14:08 - Oct 10 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Teds posse

This thread has really gone into my hidden memory! Had a bow and arrow, the arrows were made of thin wood with a rubber stopper on the end that would stick to a target, didn’t take a rocket scientist to learn that you could remove the rubber end and whittle the end into a nice point, perfect for firing at your best mates leg!! H and S would have had a field day back then.

Toys you had as a kid. on 14:28 - Oct 10 with 2005 viewsMick_S

Never tired of this:

Jigmap.

Toys you had as a kid. on 15:07 - Oct 10 with 1978 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Toys you had as a kid. on 11:43 - Oct 10 by dannyblue

Best Christmas ever

I had that one!

Best Christmas ever is right, danny.

And it was only last year!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Toys you had as a kid. on 15:13 - Oct 10 with 1969 viewsBoston

Toys you had as a kid. on 10:46 - Oct 10 by Esox_Lucius

I don't remember any toys much growing up except this one. As I approached my teenage years I bought my own Airfix planes and corgi cars from money earned doing chores but I suppose that because there were a lot of us, toys were few and far between.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 16:40]

Like you, uphill both ways. Don’t recall much, but do have a strong recollection of a Christmas morning in the mid 1960’s where a metal Canadian Pacific train with a loud horn, was running around the bedroom floor then turning itself when it bumped into stuff. We loved it😀

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Toys you had as a kid. on 15:16 - Oct 10 with 1962 viewsqueensparker

Was so excited to get this for Xmas in 1980. Alas, like so many toys you saw on the telly, it was cr-p

Toys you had as a kid. on 15:17 - Oct 10 with 1958 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Someone of our crew had it, can't remember who - but, ya, it was crap.

Toys you had as a kid. on 15:18 - Oct 10 with 1953 viewsqueensparker

This on the other hand was the bollocks

Toys you had as a kid. on 15:28 - Oct 10 with 1936 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Toys you had as a kid. on 15:18 - Oct 10 by queensparker

This on the other hand was the bollocks

Loved it.

And the old reliables of Lego, Subbuteo and Matchbox cars.

I think I would have loved Scalextric too if I wasn't so unbelievably sh1te at it. I could not slow down - crash, fumble, start again, full throttle, crash, fumble, start again....ah fugg it, where's me lego?

Toys you had as a kid. on 15:49 - Oct 10 with 1910 viewsToast_R

Hours of fun - Cross Bows and Catapults
Toys you had as a kid. on 15:51 - Oct 10 with 1901 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Toys you had as a kid. on 15:49 - Oct 10 by Toast_R

Hours of fun - Cross Bows and Catapults

OMG i forgot about this!! This was the best game EVER!!

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Toys you had as a kid. on 15:54 - Oct 10 with 1890 viewsPinnerPaul

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=TOj8h%2bI0&id=7BF5F3D3E35C

Anyone remember this or what it was called? Used to play with my Grandad for hours!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024