Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sub 2 hour marathon 09:57 - Oct 12 with 2251 viewsloftboy

Incredible .

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Sub 2 hour marathon on 10:23 - Oct 12 with 2218 viewsEsox_Lucius

John Honney... "Hold my beer"

The grass is always greener.

Sub 2 hour marathon on 11:17 - Oct 12 with 2144 viewsFredManRave

Sting is just a fúcking show off.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Sub 2 hour marathon on 11:43 - Oct 12 with 2123 viewsDavieQPR

It does rather take away from the achievement when you realise he had 41 pacemakers to block any wind off him which included former Olympic and World champions. He also used laser technology to pace his run and keep everyone in perfect formation. His specially designed trainers included technology that sent energy used in each stride back into the shoe for an extra boost. He was sponsored by Jim Ratcliffe. Almost a machine.
Sub 2 hour marathon on 13:41 - Oct 12 with 2022 viewsBoston

Sub 2 hour marathon on 11:43 - Oct 12 by DavieQPR

It does rather take away from the achievement when you realise he had 41 pacemakers to block any wind off him which included former Olympic and World champions. He also used laser technology to pace his run and keep everyone in perfect formation. His specially designed trainers included technology that sent energy used in each stride back into the shoe for an extra boost. He was sponsored by Jim Ratcliffe. Almost a machine.

Almost

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sub 2 hour marathon on 15:20 - Oct 12 with 1940 viewsJAPRANGERS

My best is only 2 hours 58. These peeps are on another planet.
Sub 2 hour marathon on 15:28 - Oct 12 with 1934 viewsDorse

I did one in under 2 hours although I think they're called Snickers now.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sub 2 hour marathon on 15:50 - Oct 12 with 1909 viewsMrSheen

Great stat - only 5 of the 51m all-time Park Runs were faster than his average 5km pace.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2019 15:51]
Sub 2 hour marathon on 16:20 - Oct 12 with 1863 viewsbosh67

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/50025543

Piece of pis*!

I could do this no problem! What's all the fuss about?

Under 2 hours? Sorry my mistake, I thought it said under 2 days!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Sub 2 hour marathon on 17:50 - Oct 12 with 1808 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sub 2 hour marathon on 10:23 - Oct 12 by Esox_Lucius

John Honney... "Hold my beer"

Reasonable effort I suppose.

Apparently he’s got two legs, so it doesn’t really count in my book!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sub 2 hour marathon on 18:24 - Oct 12 with 1771 viewsBoston

I needed the pacemakers after I’d run a marathon.

Sub 2 hour marathon on 18:49 - Oct 12 with 1741 viewsPommyhoop

Sub 2 hour marathon on 15:28 - Oct 12 by Dorse

I did one in under 2 hours although I think they're called Snickers now.

I salute you Sir

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Sub 2 hour marathon on 20:09 - Oct 12 with 1679 viewsdolcelatte

Have you ever run a marathon? It was an amazing achievement, paced or not.

Interestingly all the pre race experts in his team did not want the laser car as they all felt he would run faster without and the car created a negative factor, it was there for the TV and crowd to show a fancy line..

I'll be in New York 3 weeks tomorrow and given all my injuries in the run up will probably run over twice his time.

It was up there with Bannisters achievement, paced or not you still have to be able to keep up. Bit like when I run canicross style at a park run and some wag always says "you're cheating, unfair advantage with him" I always respond with "Tell you what, next week you take him round and see if you can control him and keep up"

Kipchoge is quite simply the greatest marathon runner we will see in a long long while.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Sub 2 hour marathon on 20:42 - Oct 12 with 1657 viewsslmrstid

Sub 2 hour marathon on 20:09 - Oct 12 by dolcelatte

Have you ever run a marathon? It was an amazing achievement, paced or not.

Interestingly all the pre race experts in his team did not want the laser car as they all felt he would run faster without and the car created a negative factor, it was there for the TV and crowd to show a fancy line..

I'll be in New York 3 weeks tomorrow and given all my injuries in the run up will probably run over twice his time.

It was up there with Bannisters achievement, paced or not you still have to be able to keep up. Bit like when I run canicross style at a park run and some wag always says "you're cheating, unfair advantage with him" I always respond with "Tell you what, next week you take him round and see if you can control him and keep up"

Kipchoge is quite simply the greatest marathon runner we will see in a long long while.

I'm running New York as well in 3 weeks! Nice to know there's at least one more Rangers fan there running

Are you part of the QPR Runners Facebook group?

Regards Kipchoge - its simply incredible. I'm finding people being sniffy about it not being a world record a bit odd - as British we all love to get misty eyed over Bannister yet that was just as controlled - they waited til the weather conditions were favourable, and he had a different pacer on every lap.

They were both phenomenal achievements and smashed barriers previously thought impossible. I wouldn't be at all surprised now if in the next 5-10 years we see a race marathon winner go under 2 hours, much like lots of runners started to go sub-4 minute miles in races after Bannister had done it.

For all the pacers/laser cars/waiting til good conditions/drinks on a bike etc....he still had to run the distance, in the time. It so easily still could have failed (like the Monza attempt did in 2017).

Just incredible.
Sub 2 hour marathon on 21:52 - Oct 12 with 1607 viewsGloryHunter

How could the shoes possibly propel him forward? Unless they've got batteries in them. First law of thermodynamics - energy is neither created nor destroyed.
Sub 2 hour marathon on 22:01 - Oct 12 with 1597 viewsBoston

Sub 2 hour marathon on 21:52 - Oct 12 by GloryHunter

How could the shoes possibly propel him forward? Unless they've got batteries in them. First law of thermodynamics - energy is neither created nor destroyed.

...and every action has a reaction.

Sub 2 hour marathon on 22:25 - Oct 12 with 1583 viewssmegma

To put it in perspective, 12 years ago I did the 52 mile ride London event. It took 4 hours which is 13mph average. He's done the same average RUNNING ??!!! I bet he didn't stop at refuelling stations either or to get his bike/legs seen to by a mechanic.
Sub 2 hour marathon on 01:36 - Oct 13 with 1505 viewstimcocking

He still averaged over 13 miles per hour for (almost) two hours.

Go on the treadmill in the gym and set it at 13 mph, it's tantamount to sprinting. It is an incredible achievement, doping and pacemakers or otherwise for a human to move so fast for so long.

https://www.dw.com/en/doping-widespread-in-kenya-ahead-of-world-athletics-champi

Also the Jamaicans

“When people ask me about Bolt, I say he could be the greatest athlete of all time. But for someone to run 10.03 one year and 9.69 the next, if you don’t question that in a sport that has the reputation it has right now, you’re a fool. Period.” Carl Lewis

Carl Lewis being of course, despite his indignant rage at Ben Johnson, another proven drug cheat.
Sub 2 hour marathon on 02:04 - Oct 13 with 1493 viewssmegma

" His specially designed trainers included technology that sent energy used in each stride back into the shoe for an extra boost."

Do you work for nike ?? If you believe that nonsense you need to be drug tested.
Sub 2 hour marathon on 12:18 - Oct 13 with 1330 viewsFredManRave

Sub 2 hour marathon on 20:42 - Oct 12 by slmrstid

I'm running New York as well in 3 weeks! Nice to know there's at least one more Rangers fan there running

Are you part of the QPR Runners Facebook group?

Regards Kipchoge - its simply incredible. I'm finding people being sniffy about it not being a world record a bit odd - as British we all love to get misty eyed over Bannister yet that was just as controlled - they waited til the weather conditions were favourable, and he had a different pacer on every lap.

They were both phenomenal achievements and smashed barriers previously thought impossible. I wouldn't be at all surprised now if in the next 5-10 years we see a race marathon winner go under 2 hours, much like lots of runners started to go sub-4 minute miles in races after Bannister had done it.

For all the pacers/laser cars/waiting til good conditions/drinks on a bike etc....he still had to run the distance, in the time. It so easily still could have failed (like the Monza attempt did in 2017).

Just incredible.

I'm part of the QPR Jog On Facebook group.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Sub 2 hour marathon on 13:10 - Oct 13 with 1298 viewsrunningman75

I ran a half the other week in just under 1.57 crazy to be able to maintain the pace he was going over marathon distance.
Sub 2 hour marathon on 17:18 - Oct 13 with 1225 viewsdolcelatte

Women's world record gone in Chicago today 2 14 04. What a weekend.,

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Sub 2 hour marathon on 08:39 - Oct 14 with 1098 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sub 2 hour marathon on 02:04 - Oct 13 by smegma

" His specially designed trainers included technology that sent energy used in each stride back into the shoe for an extra boost."

Do you work for nike ?? If you believe that nonsense you need to be drug tested.

Well that’s what underpins the technology and advantage of the blade prosthetics used by amputee athletes.

You’ll be pleased to hear however, I passed up such advantages and preferred pwaper old skool technology; with the accompanying pains to help focus the mind for 26.2 miles instead.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sub 2 hour marathon on 14:04 - Oct 14 with 1009 viewsNewYorkRanger

yeah. Rubbish achievement.

Glory hunter, me

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024