Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan manning 20:57 - Oct 12 with 7288 viewsBobbi66

Please don't sell him .Interest from premier league
Ryan manning on 10:40 - Oct 14 with 2467 viewsloftboy

Hopefully he’ll look at the amount of game time Freeman has had this year and stay and develop his game with us. I reckon 3 million would be peanuts compared with what his potential is showing.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Ryan manning on 10:53 - Oct 14 with 2431 viewsstevec

Ryan manning on 15:53 - Oct 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Really?

Well that's even worse for McCarthy. Only one thing worse than being an uninformed fool and that's being an informed fool.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 18:53]

Luton. One far post ball behind Manning, a knock back and a missed shot, McCarthy might have forgiven, another far post ball, knock back and a goal, perhaps not.

Think Manning has been superb for us, love watching him push forward and defends at feet well too, but if you're looking for an International left back to mostly defend then that's a problem.

Mind you, watching Danny Rose the other night, it's a shame Manning wasn't born English.
Ryan manning on 11:00 - Oct 14 with 2415 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ryan manning on 10:53 - Oct 14 by stevec

Luton. One far post ball behind Manning, a knock back and a missed shot, McCarthy might have forgiven, another far post ball, knock back and a goal, perhaps not.

Think Manning has been superb for us, love watching him push forward and defends at feet well too, but if you're looking for an International left back to mostly defend then that's a problem.

Mind you, watching Danny Rose the other night, it's a shame Manning wasn't born English.

I take your point, and I'd also add that Manning at wing-back might make McCarthy question whether Manning could cut it at full-back. He would clearly be better than the out-of-position Doherty, though.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ryan manning on 11:06 - Oct 14 with 2388 viewsextratimeR

Very encouraging to see so many people picked up on Doherty, (right footed), playing left back, with Ryan watching at home on TV.

Totally agree with the many posts on here,( apart from those suggesting we should accept a (supposed), bid of £3mln), after watching one of my favourites, Furlong against Huddersfield, and us the other week, please god there is a sell on clause in the reported £2mln fee.

The commentator in the Ireland match also mentioned that the other so called left back, Williams is actually a centre half.

My god it was a grim watch, pleased with the point, but I'm sure I saw people throwing themselves from the stands in the second half.

Good performance from John Egan who replaced Keogh.

As mentioned by many on here, he would have made huge difference
Ryan manning on 11:58 - Oct 14 with 2300 viewsWatfordR

Ryan manning on 10:10 - Oct 14 by Northernr

Loads to go on there, and some good points, which I might come back to but briefly...

- the FFP or whatever it's called now allows us to lose £37/39m (I always forget which) over three seasons. Qualifying for it isn't a success, it's still a £39m loss. Hoos talks about running the club sustainably which even from where we are now would require further big reductions and constant big money player sales.

- The only way we'll get money to spend on new players is by selling regularly for big money. So while you don't want to lose Eze, if somebody paid you something silly like James Maddison money then you can build a whole new Championship team for that - as Norwich did, and won the league after selling him.

- agree on that one year upstairs thing. If we could do it, and leave Hoos to it, we'd be set for life. But I don't see us getting there and if we did you just know the owners would swoop back in and start going mental again.

Fair points Clive.

Using the word "qualifying" for FFP targets is interesting because as things stand, that's exactly how we should look at it. "Qualify" not to have points knocked off us next season, and that's all we should worry about regards FFP IMO.

I'd hope the owners would accept making losses within FFP targets until such time as a new stadium is forthcoming. I would agree that someone making a £25m offer for Eze is too good to turn down, but I can't see that telling everyone we are going to sell players like Eze, Chair, Manning etc for any offer around £5m is really going to solve anything unless, as previously said, we have as good or better waiting to come through. That' s short termism for it's own sake.

In terms of getting promoted and the owners reaction, well I'd like to think that the idea of a one year windfall stint in the Prem is actually a strategic target for the club during the next five years. The owners are after all fairly experienced in the business of football club ownership now, and I'm sure someone on here has previously defined insanity quite neatly once or twice before...
Ryan manning on 13:16 - Oct 14 with 2217 viewsswisscottage

Personally I think this is more likely his agent placing these stories ahead of contract negotiations than any potential bids from premiership teams.

Yes, his form this season is undoubtedly going to pique come interest, but at the end of the day until this season he's never been an ever present in any side .. not even Rotherham last season.

Playing devil's advocate here, in that he's playing in a system that particularly pays to his strengths, and where he's formed very effective partnerships with skilled technicians in front of him. Would he be as effective in a different system and setup?
Ryan manning on 15:21 - Oct 14 with 2138 viewskensalriser

Horseshit.

I like Ryan, decent little player who's made that spot his own.

But nevertheless, horseshit.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ryan manning on 15:56 - Oct 14 with 2066 viewsMatch82

Ryan manning on 13:16 - Oct 14 by swisscottage

Personally I think this is more likely his agent placing these stories ahead of contract negotiations than any potential bids from premiership teams.

Yes, his form this season is undoubtedly going to pique come interest, but at the end of the day until this season he's never been an ever present in any side .. not even Rotherham last season.

Playing devil's advocate here, in that he's playing in a system that particularly pays to his strengths, and where he's formed very effective partnerships with skilled technicians in front of him. Would he be as effective in a different system and setup?

So on the last point, yes, I think he is absolutely playing in a system that suits how strengths and makes him look better than he is (currently, he obviously still can improve). If he's smart and he realizes this himself, hopefully that makes him more likely to stick around because I do enjoy watching him play
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan manning on 18:04 - Oct 14 with 1972 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Ryan manning on 01:22 - Oct 14 by qprnaas

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rte.ie/amp/1082668/

RTE interview with manning... it looks like he's expects to get a run out in the next ireland friendly. But hes seriously need for the next ireland game on tuesday

Thank you for posting that but with Stevens back for Tuesdays game he would never get a look in.
The absolute must win game was Georgia because the chances of beating the Swiss or Danes are pretty slim .So our brave leader goes with a very negative line up including playing the above mentioned Doherty in a place where he was destained to fail and did.Not playing for the win and allowing Doherty to run at defenders like with Wolves is just stupid and not even looking at Manning worse that that IMO.
But once again Manning has a license to burst forward for QPR because Eze finds him and attracts a lot of players which opens up the wings and ROI could only dream of that creative player right now
Ryan manning on 18:31 - Oct 14 with 1935 viewsDannyPaddox

I’m grateful McCarthy came in and steadied things for Ireland and the decision to put Kenny in charge full-time of the Under-21s for 2 years and give him the first team rôle in advance is inspired. But I’ve half given up on the MCarthy side now. If you follow Ireland it’s like being in limbo. Which is pretty much how Manning must be feeling as a player. Waiting for a Mick McDinosaur team to shuffle off and see if the new prospects can cut it at international level. I’m more excited for the U21 Euros in Hungary & Slovenia in 2021 than the 2020 Euros. And if Ireland qualify in 2021 (looking good top of the group at the moment) I wonder how they’ll keep the continuity going? ie: who will run the youngsters as Kenny will be managing the first team.
Ryan manning on 14:49 - Oct 15 with 1681 viewssimmo

Ryan manning on 14:47 - Oct 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Watched the last 30 minutes of Ireland's game yesterday and couldn't agree more with the posts on here. Playing a right-footed player at left back is madness and show's McCarthy's laziness in terms of scouting. If manning had played we would have added balance, width in defence and attack and would have had a better chance of winning a game we needed to win. Williams coming on as a spare back at the end added insult to injury.

I've been more cautious on manning than most people on this board mostly because we haven't seen him play enough to really judge him, particularly at left back. However, if McCarthy had scouted him this season, even once, he should have picked him and played him. He's streets ahead of the other Irish left-backs and certainly ahead of an out-of-position right back.

It's ráiméas of the highest order.

With McCarthy you get the impression it's more pride than poor scouting. He was asked specifically about Manning but the same as when he had Celina at Ipswich, he just refused to do what people said he should.

In an Ireland team that suffered years of the same tired, old, slow, unimaginative players and systems, it's mental that a young and improving player like Manning doesn't even make the squad.

Appreciate your caution, Brian, but honestly Manning has been our best player so far this season ahead of some pretty stiff competition. If he carries on this way he'll make the team of the season at LB.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ryan manning on 14:58 - Oct 15 with 1650 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ryan manning on 14:49 - Oct 15 by simmo

With McCarthy you get the impression it's more pride than poor scouting. He was asked specifically about Manning but the same as when he had Celina at Ipswich, he just refused to do what people said he should.

In an Ireland team that suffered years of the same tired, old, slow, unimaginative players and systems, it's mental that a young and improving player like Manning doesn't even make the squad.

Appreciate your caution, Brian, but honestly Manning has been our best player so far this season ahead of some pretty stiff competition. If he carries on this way he'll make the team of the season at LB.

Hey man,

My caution is gone. Where I was more cautious than most in the past, I think we've all seen enough of him at this stage to know he's a fine prospect.

I agree with you about McCarthy's stubbornness. It's galling. I've mentioned it before but this is the man who once said that Denis Irwin should "prove me wrong".

Ryan manning on 19:18 - Oct 15 with 1517 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No Manning again tonight, but wildly different circumstances.

Away to a team that haven't lost a home qualifier in five years when a win would get Ireland through to the Euros is probably not the time to throw a debutant in. That day may have been Saturday, but having decided against it then that day is probably not today.

Ryan manning on 21:04 - Oct 15 with 1414 viewspaulparker

Ryan manning on 19:18 - Oct 15 by BrianMcCarthy

No Manning again tonight, but wildly different circumstances.

Away to a team that haven't lost a home qualifier in five years when a win would get Ireland through to the Euros is probably not the time to throw a debutant in. That day may have been Saturday, but having decided against it then that day is probably not today.

Manning is a x1000 better player than Stevens , McCarthy is a dinosaur who is only going for set pieces yet the corners have been crap

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ryan manning on 22:02 - Oct 15 with 1348 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ryan manning on 21:04 - Oct 15 by paulparker

Manning is a x1000 better player than Stevens , McCarthy is a dinosaur who is only going for set pieces yet the corners have been crap

Stevens played left-centre-back, PP, with McClean at left wing-back.

But I agree all the same. Your point on set pieces is excellent - we had Whelan on them. Loyal soldier and all that, but...set pieces?

Ryan manning on 14:53 - Oct 18 with 1041 viewsgazza1

Ryan is doing very well thus far.....still a long way to go. Defensively is still an issue but he is getting better. Premiership is too much for him at the moment - ask our star player from last season, he warms the bench frequently.
Ryan manning on 23:58 - Oct 23 with 845 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Ryan manning on 21:04 - Oct 15 by paulparker

This subject has been flogged to death but ROI manager Mick McCarthy was at Loftus Road last night watching Manning and it sounds like he is going to be called up for the friendly V NZ before the Denmark game

I am not sure it was one of his better games (got caught out for the equalizer )but going off his season so far he should be already in the squad.Its a must win game for ROI so time for all the attack minded players to actually attack
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024