Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan manning 20:57 - Oct 12 with 7205 viewsBobbi66

Please don't sell him .Interest from premier league
Ryan manning on 21:45 - Oct 12 with 4651 viewscolinallcars

From whom ?
Ryan manning on 21:54 - Oct 12 with 4627 viewsMedwayR

Southampton & Newcastle. £3m. Out of contract at end of season but we have the option for a further year.

Poll: Who’s better?

Ryan manning on 07:19 - Oct 13 with 4361 viewsDWQPR

Worth a shedload more than £3million on this years form.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Ryan manning on 10:44 - Oct 13 with 4094 viewsessextaxiboy

As I have mentioned before I met Ryan at Heathrow during the summer , when I asked him if he would go on loan again he didnt rule it out as he said he just wanted to play regularly . He is doing that now .

If he went to a Prem team he could end up being like Smithies and spending all year on the bench and playing in cup games . I know the money is a big hook but hopefully he can see the direction we are heading in and stick with us . If he has the choice that is ...
Ryan manning on 13:21 - Oct 13 with 3905 viewsDavieQPR

He is not yet ready defensively for the Prem and the reason McCarthy doesn't pick him for Ireland. Either reporters giving Eze a rest or agent fishing for new contract.
Ryan manning on 13:43 - Oct 13 with 3863 viewsDannyPaddox

Ireland were crying out for someone of Manning’s attacking intent in the bore-draw against Georgia yesterday. He could be played in the midfield if he’s not seen as an international-level defender. Interesting to see Aaron Connolly, the other lad from Galway, get his debut and make a positive impact. If McCarthy had given him more than 10 minutes they may well have won the game. After decades of dross Ireland have a bunch of decent youngsters coming through and Ryan is one of them.
Ryan manning on 13:58 - Oct 13 with 3819 viewsdixiedean

Ryan manning on 13:43 - Oct 13 by DannyPaddox

Ireland were crying out for someone of Manning’s attacking intent in the bore-draw against Georgia yesterday. He could be played in the midfield if he’s not seen as an international-level defender. Interesting to see Aaron Connolly, the other lad from Galway, get his debut and make a positive impact. If McCarthy had given him more than 10 minutes they may well have won the game. After decades of dross Ireland have a bunch of decent youngsters coming through and Ryan is one of them.

I like Manning but if £3m is on the table we couldn't turn that down. Assuming it's a proper 3mill and not 1m now and the rest if he wins the league or other stupid conditions. Not sure he's prem quality TBH - short of pace which is why he gets booked a lot . A good lad though
Ryan manning on 14:39 - Oct 13 with 3743 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Ryan manning on 13:43 - Oct 13 by DannyPaddox

Not flogging a dead horse but if Manning was on the pitch and Doherty on the right Ireland would have won the game.Everybody knew it was a must win except the manager who keeps running his dinosaur's like Whelan out there expecting something different .Without goals games cannot be won ,without attacking flair and purpose fans spirits drop and we get exactly what we deserve a miserable watch but hard fought point .
Having said that ROI does not have a player like Eze to make magic happen and attract defenders which does free up players to be more attack minded.
Manning will be in the team once Kenny takes over but should be called up now IMO
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan manning on 14:45 - Oct 13 with 3727 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ryan manning on 13:58 - Oct 13 by dixiedean

I like Manning but if £3m is on the table we couldn't turn that down. Assuming it's a proper 3mill and not 1m now and the rest if he wins the league or other stupid conditions. Not sure he's prem quality TBH - short of pace which is why he gets booked a lot . A good lad though

Of course we could turn it down: he's only played regularly in a new position for a few months and done it very well so if he keeps it going and breaks into the Ireland squad his value will only increase.
Ryan manning on 14:47 - Oct 13 with 3722 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ryan manning on 14:39 - Oct 13 by CLAREMAN1995

Not flogging a dead horse but if Manning was on the pitch and Doherty on the right Ireland would have won the game.Everybody knew it was a must win except the manager who keeps running his dinosaur's like Whelan out there expecting something different .Without goals games cannot be won ,without attacking flair and purpose fans spirits drop and we get exactly what we deserve a miserable watch but hard fought point .
Having said that ROI does not have a player like Eze to make magic happen and attract defenders which does free up players to be more attack minded.
Manning will be in the team once Kenny takes over but should be called up now IMO

Watched the last 30 minutes of Ireland's game yesterday and couldn't agree more with the posts on here. Playing a right-footed player at left back is madness and show's McCarthy's laziness in terms of scouting. If manning had played we would have added balance, width in defence and attack and would have had a better chance of winning a game we needed to win. Williams coming on as a spare back at the end added insult to injury.

I've been more cautious on manning than most people on this board mostly because we haven't seen him play enough to really judge him, particularly at left back. However, if McCarthy had scouted him this season, even once, he should have picked him and played him. He's streets ahead of the other Irish left-backs and certainly ahead of an out-of-position right back.

It's ráiméas of the highest order.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ryan manning on 15:17 - Oct 13 with 3656 viewsIrish_Hoop

McCarthy was at the Luton game.
Ryan manning on 15:19 - Oct 13 with 3650 viewssmegma

If we sell him for £3m I expect the Evil Les nonsense to resurface.
Ryan manning on 15:53 - Oct 13 with 3587 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ryan manning on 15:17 - Oct 13 by Irish_Hoop

McCarthy was at the Luton game.

Really?

Well that's even worse for McCarthy. Only one thing worse than being an uninformed fool and that's being an informed fool.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 18:53]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ryan manning on 15:59 - Oct 13 with 3570 viewsIrish_Hoop

Yep. Saw him with my own eyes! Obviously James Collins playing for Luton as well so probably spent the whole game watching him😱
Ryan manning on 16:13 - Oct 13 with 3548 viewsBoston

Ryan manning on 10:44 - Oct 13 by essextaxiboy

As I have mentioned before I met Ryan at Heathrow during the summer , when I asked him if he would go on loan again he didnt rule it out as he said he just wanted to play regularly . He is doing that now .

If he went to a Prem team he could end up being like Smithies and spending all year on the bench and playing in cup games . I know the money is a big hook but hopefully he can see the direction we are heading in and stick with us . If he has the choice that is ...

Fcuk me, is he Ryan Air then?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ryan manning on 18:12 - Oct 13 with 3418 viewsessextaxiboy

Ryan manning on 16:13 - Oct 13 by Boston

Fcuk me, is he Ryan Air then?

No .. Eze Jet or British Chairways
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 18:13]
Ryan manning on 18:40 - Oct 13 with 3352 viewsBoston

Ryan manning on 18:12 - Oct 13 by essextaxiboy

No .. Eze Jet or British Chairways
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 18:13]

I put money on him being a Virgin when he first turned up.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ryan manning on 18:51 - Oct 13 with 3323 viewsNorthernr

Is this a good time for my usual line that picking up a kid from the League of Ireland, developing him, and selling him to the Prem for millions is exactly what we should be doing?

Not 3 millions though, more millions than that if poss.
Ryan manning on 19:38 - Oct 13 with 3226 viewsbosh67

Ryan manning on 18:51 - Oct 13 by Northernr

Is this a good time for my usual line that picking up a kid from the League of Ireland, developing him, and selling him to the Prem for millions is exactly what we should be doing?

We bought him for £60K so it depends what the club think re £3m 4 years later. I agree though £5m+ add ons would be fair. Not that I think Southampton or Newcastle have even thought about him yet. I can understand teams looking at him but buying him at the moment, not too sure.

I wouldn't sell him period. Fantastic all rounder and given time, a playmaker.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ryan manning on 19:53 - Oct 13 with 3188 viewsjonno

Absolutely. That is the way it's going to be now for the foreseeable future so we had all better get used to it. Having said that, if we have a further years option on him then we should be able to get 5 million, maybe more if another club starts sniffing around.
Ryan manning on 23:30 - Oct 13 with 2908 viewssmegma

A year ago I read on QPR Fans fb page that Freeman was worth £25m as he was better than Maddison !!
Ryan manning on 01:22 - Oct 14 with 2838 viewsqprnaas

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rte.ie/amp/1082668/

RTE interview with manning... it looks like he's expects to get a run out in the next ireland friendly. But hes seriously need for the next ireland game on tuesday
Ryan manning on 08:40 - Oct 14 with 2686 viewsbrendan

The standout player in the League of Ireland at the moment is Jack Byrne, Shamrock Rovers
He's in the Irish squad at the moment
A small number 10 type player like Wesley Holohan
Was previously at Man City, he will surely have another go at English football
Be interesting to see who'll take a punt on him
Ryan manning on 09:49 - Oct 14 with 2576 viewsWatfordR

Personally, I think it might be time to revise that line slightly.

If FFP forces us to sell (and obviously therefore sell at below market value), then so be it. However, my understanding is that the toxic losses from four years ago will drop away from FFP calculations next year, and that we can operate at current levels of expenditure without getting too close to FFP threshholds.

So that should hopefully allow the club to focus more on the football side of things. And I agree completely with the principle of good scouting, buying cheap and selling for millions, I'd prefer that we did that only when it suits the club to do it.

So for example, if a big money offer comes in for Ryan Manning, the club only does it if there is a ready made replacement ready to step up from the junior ranks. If you took Manning out of the team now, who do we have to replace him? Who is going to be able to reliably provide the same number and quality of assists from that position? If the club feels that we do, and that the offer is right (i.e. market value or better), then great, do it. If not, then don't sell just because we're making a profit, because in my view, it damages the team, and it's ability to challenge for promotion.

For all the loathing for the Prem, one season up there, managed as we think Hoos and Les would manage it, could set the club up for financial stability (FFP wise) for another five/six seasons to come. Allowing us to keep the core of a promising team, and continue to develop our youth, so that it's not a dribble of talent coming through, but a reliable flow.

There has to be some ambition at the club to do more than just survive, even if it means that it takes us 10 years to get to that higher level.
Ryan manning on 10:10 - Oct 14 with 2513 viewsNorthernr

Ryan manning on 09:49 - Oct 14 by WatfordR

Personally, I think it might be time to revise that line slightly.

If FFP forces us to sell (and obviously therefore sell at below market value), then so be it. However, my understanding is that the toxic losses from four years ago will drop away from FFP calculations next year, and that we can operate at current levels of expenditure without getting too close to FFP threshholds.

So that should hopefully allow the club to focus more on the football side of things. And I agree completely with the principle of good scouting, buying cheap and selling for millions, I'd prefer that we did that only when it suits the club to do it.

So for example, if a big money offer comes in for Ryan Manning, the club only does it if there is a ready made replacement ready to step up from the junior ranks. If you took Manning out of the team now, who do we have to replace him? Who is going to be able to reliably provide the same number and quality of assists from that position? If the club feels that we do, and that the offer is right (i.e. market value or better), then great, do it. If not, then don't sell just because we're making a profit, because in my view, it damages the team, and it's ability to challenge for promotion.

For all the loathing for the Prem, one season up there, managed as we think Hoos and Les would manage it, could set the club up for financial stability (FFP wise) for another five/six seasons to come. Allowing us to keep the core of a promising team, and continue to develop our youth, so that it's not a dribble of talent coming through, but a reliable flow.

There has to be some ambition at the club to do more than just survive, even if it means that it takes us 10 years to get to that higher level.

Loads to go on there, and some good points, which I might come back to but briefly...

- the FFP or whatever it's called now allows us to lose £37/39m (I always forget which) over three seasons. Qualifying for it isn't a success, it's still a £39m loss. Hoos talks about running the club sustainably which even from where we are now would require further big reductions and constant big money player sales.

- The only way we'll get money to spend on new players is by selling regularly for big money. So while you don't want to lose Eze, if somebody paid you something silly like James Maddison money then you can build a whole new Championship team for that - as Norwich did, and won the league after selling him.

- agree on that one year upstairs thing. If we could do it, and leave Hoos to it, we'd be set for life. But I don't see us getting there and if we did you just know the owners would swoop back in and start going mental again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024