Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting lively in Canning Town 08:11 - Oct 17 with 13435 viewsstevec

Excellent Rebellion
Getting lively in Canning Town on 16:40 - Oct 17 with 2058 viewsSharpediver

Getting lively in Canning Town on 16:09 - Oct 17 by CamberleyR

Just to be clear, you cannot protest about climate change if:

You have been on an aeroplane
You have been on a bus
You have been on a train
You have been in a taxi
You drive a car
You use any form of electric transport
You don't walk everywhere
You own a mobile phone
You have a well paid job or any job that lets you have holiday (that you then use to protest)
You have no job
You have been to McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Wimpy, Pret, EAT, Starbucks, Costa, etc...
You have eaten quinoa
You have eaten avocado
You've ever bought food wrapped in anything other than air
You don't live in a cave
Or, and most importantly:
You are not willing to travel to China, India, Brazil, Russia or any African country and protest there.

Other than that, protest on...

Exactly. That's going to be the standard response of the 'business as usual' brigade sponsored by the media, the capitalist system ('the God of our time') and, unfortunately much of the public that lap up this narrative. I'm just glad that some people with more guts than me are prepared to make a stand. Like, for example, the man of 83 who was arrested today at Shadwell, who pointed out that people in the hotter, poorer parts of the world are already starting to die from the effects of global heating. I have very little hope we are going to stop run-away climate change but at least there are some who are trying to make people in the richer, Western countries wake up to the reality. In truth they are the more sane individuals.
Getting lively in Canning Town on 16:50 - Oct 17 with 2027 viewsstowmarketrange

Getting lively in Canning Town on 16:40 - Oct 17 by Sharpediver

Exactly. That's going to be the standard response of the 'business as usual' brigade sponsored by the media, the capitalist system ('the God of our time') and, unfortunately much of the public that lap up this narrative. I'm just glad that some people with more guts than me are prepared to make a stand. Like, for example, the man of 83 who was arrested today at Shadwell, who pointed out that people in the hotter, poorer parts of the world are already starting to die from the effects of global heating. I have very little hope we are going to stop run-away climate change but at least there are some who are trying to make people in the richer, Western countries wake up to the reality. In truth they are the more sane individuals.

Unfortunately people in poorer countries have always died through floods,famine,earthquakes and other disasters caused by the weather and the conditions of the countries they live in.
We had a massive flood in lynemouth in the 50’s that killed lots of people.And the disaster in South Wales in the 60’s was caused by too much rain,I think.
It has always gone on and probably always will.
People glueing themselves to the pavements isn’t going to stop it happening.They made their protest last week,so why the need to continue disrupting the lives of people trying to make a living?
Getting lively in Canning Town on 17:49 - Oct 17 with 1935 viewsDavieQPR

Canning Town is in Newham. It ranks in the bottom four of London Boroughs in terms of poverty, low pay and homelessness. These people are more than likely on zero or dodgy contracts. They rely on being in a certain place, at a certain time to earn money. Being stopped from doing so could cost them money to feed themselves and any family. Even their jobs. To be stopped by a group of middle class scroungers and pensioners is losing E.R. what public support they had. This is borne out by the fact that is was not the Police that reacted but it was the general public.
Getting lively in Canning Town on 17:52 - Oct 17 with 1931 viewsstainrods_elbow

Getting lively in Canning Town on 10:42 - Oct 17 by paulparker

Sorry he deserves a slap and some
These idiots bring misery to peoples lives what about the prats who closed a motorway resulting in a fella missing his dad on his death bed
What about the people who had important issues at hand, meetings, holidays, connecting trains , hospital appointments, job interviews ?
If the old bill stopped skateboarding with these gimps then maybe it wouldn’t need the general public to step in and do there job for them

Jesus- remind me never ever to have a drink with the likes of you! 10/10 for reactionary, nasty bigotry I'm ashamed to see associated with QPR, even on a message board. Quite obviously, our little lives and selfish doings are so much more important than coastal erosion, ecocidal collapse, and the existential fear and anger on the faces of millions of the world's children. And all signed off with a message of sympathy for ugly c*nts in the Canning Town general public kicking peaceful protester on the Met's behalf - lovely!

Can anyone lend me a sick bag?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Getting lively in Canning Town on 18:09 - Oct 17 with 1896 viewszicoshoops

Surely the issue here is the class system.

Picture the scene.....
H/Q of the XR movement.
A group of Middle Class Chaps and Ladies discussing which London Station to target for a protest.

Canning Town it is then folks, hurrah.

Now.......
Same scene, but with a working class chap in attendance at the meeting.

'Canning Town?
Are you all f**king mental?
Canning Town is West Ham Country, trust me it'll only end up one way.
What about Richmond Station, we should be fine there.'

Vote taken.......
Richmond Station it is then, hurrah.

This isn't Rocket Science.

What's going on?

We should be told

Sort it out
Getting lively in Canning Town on 18:25 - Oct 17 with 1861 viewsBoston

Getting lively in Canning Town on 17:52 - Oct 17 by stainrods_elbow

Jesus- remind me never ever to have a drink with the likes of you! 10/10 for reactionary, nasty bigotry I'm ashamed to see associated with QPR, even on a message board. Quite obviously, our little lives and selfish doings are so much more important than coastal erosion, ecocidal collapse, and the existential fear and anger on the faces of millions of the world's children. And all signed off with a message of sympathy for ugly c*nts in the Canning Town general public kicking peaceful protester on the Met's behalf - lovely!

Recycled, of course.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Getting lively in Canning Town on 18:29 - Oct 17 with 1844 viewsstainrods_elbow

Getting lively in Canning Town on 18:25 - Oct 17 by Boston

Recycled, of course.

Ha ha - that's good!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Getting lively in Canning Town on 19:02 - Oct 17 with 1772 viewsdaveB

Getting lively in Canning Town on 15:11 - Oct 17 by FDC

"dancing is the same as blowing people up" is one hell of a take.

Not quite what I said, said what they are doing in trying to disrupt people’s lives is similar to what terrorists do in order to make you believe in what they tell you to

Completely different way of doing it of course and would rather these idiots than a bloke with a bomb but same principal of agree with us or we’ll do all we can to disrupt your everyday life
Login to get fewer ads

Getting lively in Canning Town on 19:05 - Oct 17 with 1764 viewsloftboy

Getting lively in Canning Town on 17:49 - Oct 17 by DavieQPR

Canning Town is in Newham. It ranks in the bottom four of London Boroughs in terms of poverty, low pay and homelessness. These people are more than likely on zero or dodgy contracts. They rely on being in a certain place, at a certain time to earn money. Being stopped from doing so could cost them money to feed themselves and any family. Even their jobs. To be stopped by a group of middle class scroungers and pensioners is losing E.R. what public support they had. This is borne out by the fact that is was not the Police that reacted but it was the general public.

I live in Newham, I am on a normal 40 hour contract as is my partner.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Getting lively in Canning Town on 19:09 - Oct 17 with 1751 viewsNed_Kennedys

Perhaps you can join the protest and glue yourself to Lee Hoos?
Getting lively in Canning Town on 19:24 - Oct 17 with 1714 viewsqpr_1968

the same peaceful protester that aimed a kick at that lads head......

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Getting lively in Canning Town on 19:24 - Oct 17 with 1712 viewsQPR_Jim

Getting lively in Canning Town on 19:02 - Oct 17 by daveB

Not quite what I said, said what they are doing in trying to disrupt people’s lives is similar to what terrorists do in order to make you believe in what they tell you to

Completely different way of doing it of course and would rather these idiots than a bloke with a bomb but same principal of agree with us or we’ll do all we can to disrupt your everyday life

I'd still say that I'd rather be delayed than blown up or run over or shot, basically any of the life threatening stuff tbh.

Their message seems to be that we all need to change what we all do individually and what we accept in terms of policy when it come to the environment. They're trying to get through that we can't just carry on as normal as that route leads to a disaster and more pressure needs to be put on governments to encourage the change.
Getting lively in Canning Town on 19:27 - Oct 17 with 1707 viewsHayesender

Extinction Rebellion discovering that 'angry of Islington' is one thing, 'pissed off of Canning Town' is quite another.

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Getting lively in Canning Town on 19:34 - Oct 17 with 1682 viewsloftboy

One day in the not too distant future I will be getting a phone call to get to Bracknell ASAP when the time comes for my mum or dad (85 & 86 one suffering cancer the other Alzheimer’s and lucky to survive a recent broken neck) if I get delayed one second by any kind of protester I wouldn’t be accountable for my actions, at that precise moment in time no kind of environmental Crisis would be more important to me than getting to Bracknell.
As someone said on another sites thread on this (Ipswich I believe) someone missed there dad on his death bed before they could get there last week and people were interviewed on the news unable to get to terminal patients at St Thomas’s, totally selfish by the protesters as these people will never be able to get that time back.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 19:35]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Getting lively in Canning Town on 20:23 - Oct 17 with 1587 viewsRangersDave

There's a row going on, down near slough!

something to do with eating trifles apparently!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Getting lively in Canning Town on 20:44 - Oct 17 with 1546 viewsdaveB

Getting lively in Canning Town on 19:24 - Oct 17 by QPR_Jim

I'd still say that I'd rather be delayed than blown up or run over or shot, basically any of the life threatening stuff tbh.

Their message seems to be that we all need to change what we all do individually and what we accept in terms of policy when it come to the environment. They're trying to get through that we can't just carry on as normal as that route leads to a disaster and more pressure needs to be put on governments to encourage the change.

i'm sure everyone feels the same, i'm not suggesting it's a choice between get blown up or watch a man wave a flag, its the principal of what they are doing in such as do what we say or we'll do all we can o disrupt your way of life.

Anyway if everyone in the UK did what they said it would make bugger all difference, we are a tiny island compared to the US, China, Africa etc
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 20:45]
Getting lively in Canning Town on 20:48 - Oct 17 with 1533 viewsJamesB1979

Getting lively in Canning Town on 12:15 - Oct 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

At the risk of breaking the nice Daily Mail comments section vibe going on here, £900m of TfL subsidy cuts have and will disrupted the average London commute a lot worse than a handful of climate change protesters will.

That said, it’s a bit silly to get in the way of several hundred Polish brickies. Wrong target and wrong place.

Especially when these Polish brickies have to also contend with lugging their bricks on a rush hour tube. Bound to be a bit of a stressful trip into work.
Getting lively in Canning Town on 21:30 - Oct 17 with 1446 viewssmegma

Getting lively in Canning Town on 15:02 - Oct 17 by Boston

Huh, you don’t need a ladder to get up on a train.
My eyes saw a man atop an ‘ivory train’, despotically disrupting the plebeians who refuse to follow his orders. The dam has been broken, he won’t be the last to suffer.

WTF are you on about ? Again !!
Getting lively in Canning Town on 21:34 - Oct 17 with 1442 viewspaulparker

Don’t worry I have enough people to drink with thanks but il buy you a carrot smoothie if I do see you young Greta
Yeah trivial things like going to the hospital, seeing a family member on there death bed, going to work to feed ones family or even maybe trying to make a flight that ugly working class people have saved up for are all far less important than some dreadlocked middle class div standing on top of a tube ruining people’s lives
As for comments about ugly c*nts in Canning Town Well it’s good to see snobbery is alive and well
Typical left wing , hates anyone who is working class ,
Oh and there’s millions of kids out there who don’t have a home or a meal I’m pretty sure the tears they shed are not for melting ice caps or coastal erosions you utter melt

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Getting lively in Canning Town on 21:34 - Oct 17 with 1442 viewssmegma

Getting lively in Canning Town on 20:23 - Oct 17 by RangersDave

There's a row going on, down near slough!

something to do with eating trifles apparently!

But only after we've supped up our beer
Getting lively in Canning Town on 21:43 - Oct 17 with 1418 viewsDannyPaddox

Getting lively in Canning Town on 15:02 - Oct 17 by Boston

Huh, you don’t need a ladder to get up on a train.
My eyes saw a man atop an ‘ivory train’, despotically disrupting the plebeians who refuse to follow his orders. The dam has been broken, he won’t be the last to suffer.

You don’t need a ladder to get up on a train.
My eyes saw a man atop an ‘ivory train’
Despotically disrupting the plebeians
who refuse to follow his orders
The dam has been broken
He won’t be the last to suffer
And the times they are a-changing

Boston does Bobby.
Getting lively in Canning Town on 23:21 - Oct 17 with 1280 viewsconnell10

Getting lively in Canning Town on 21:34 - Oct 17 by smegma

But only after we've supped up our beer

And collected our fags!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Getting lively in Canning Town on 00:00 - Oct 18 with 1253 viewsCaptainPugwash

Belay there!
Can any o' you Landlubbers shows me IRREFOOTABLE proof of anyone dyin' of "Man Made Climate Change"?
Names an' adressis if youse please.
Or is it allers fifty years down the line?

Yo Ho!
Getting lively in Canning Town on 01:32 - Oct 18 with 1205 viewstimcocking

Getting lively in Canning Town on 09:14 - Oct 17 by ingeminate

Suppose they are mainly trying to cause fuss wherever to highlight the cause. Looks like a sure fire way of alienating public to me - even more so than the other protests which at least you knew about in advance so could factor in.

Gutsy to take on a rush hour mob at Canning Town. Atmosphere looked febrile.

Indeed, looks like they're going about it the wrong way.

I'm glad people are trying to wake everybody up about the extreme peril we're in, but pissing everybody off isn't going to help. Let's face facts, the mutha fcukers who are destroying the planet in the name of greed don't travel on the tube.

They should start bumping off CEOs and politicians instead. Starting with that absolute cant in Brazil.
Getting lively in Canning Town on 01:33 - Oct 18 with 1204 viewsBoston

Getting lively in Canning Town on 00:00 - Oct 18 by CaptainPugwash

Belay there!
Can any o' you Landlubbers shows me IRREFOOTABLE proof of anyone dyin' of "Man Made Climate Change"?
Names an' adressis if youse please.
Or is it allers fifty years down the line?

Yo Ho!

12 ...and counting.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024