Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR is a blight on our game 20:47 - Oct 20 with 18147 viewsBlackCrowe

Watford robbed yesterday and man yoo's goal should not have stood today. So something that was designed to eradicate controversy is actually creating it.

Seemlingly a huge proportion of goals being referred to VAR. Referees don't have to referee any more. Fans can't properly celebrate in the moment of joy when the ball hits the net because the immediate reaction is to see if it gets referred to VAR. It's also an irritating name.

i truly hate it.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 20:48]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

VAR is a blight on our game on 09:53 - Jul 10 with 1154 viewsdaveB

The way the Premier League have stuck their noses in the air and said we can do VAR better than anyone else and made a complete mess of it has been quite funny really
VAR is a blight on our game on 14:28 - Jul 12 with 1048 viewsMarc

Horrendous decision in the villa v palace game.
VAR is a blight on our game on 14:33 - Jul 12 with 1036 viewsrrrspricey

VAR is a blight on our game on 14:28 - Jul 12 by Marc

Horrendous decision in the villa v palace game.

The way the ball looped in it was blatantly obvious the ball came off his shoulder.

Cmon Palarse
VAR is a blight on our game on 15:42 - Jul 12 with 980 viewspaulparker

What a cheating tvvat Grealish is

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

VAR is a blight on our game on 16:18 - Jul 12 with 953 viewsPinnerPaul

FIFA said to be 'taking back control of VAR' - whatever that means from IFAB.

Thought we were stuck with it, but the way its going we might get a reprieve.

Problem is , as I've said sooooo many times - 'VAR' isn't some mythical all seeing eye - he is just another referee - therefore we will agree, disagree, laugh and shout at his decisions.

On 'Ref Chat' - referees with no axe to grind for either team, we will argue for days on end sometimes over a decision - there is no system in the world that will get every decision right - at some stage I'm hoping that penny will drop with the powers that be.
VAR is a blight on our game on 16:29 - Jul 12 with 946 viewsrrrspricey

VAR is a blight on our game on 15:42 - Jul 12 by paulparker

What a cheating tvvat Grealish is

Was saying the same thing PP.

I can't get my head around a system that showed clearly the cheating little twunt goes down "injured" after treading on someone's foot but doesn't get a card for it
VAR is a blight on our game on 16:37 - Jul 12 with 930 viewsstowmarketrange

VAR is a blight on our game on 16:29 - Jul 12 by rrrspricey

Was saying the same thing PP.

I can't get my head around a system that showed clearly the cheating little twunt goes down "injured" after treading on someone's foot but doesn't get a card for it

Don’t you know that he is the most fouled (?) player in the league?
Nothing to do with the fact that he also goes down easier than a whore’s knickers.
VAR is a blight on our game on 19:25 - Jul 15 with 811 viewsJuzzie

Bournemouth just scored a goal at Man City to make it 2-1 (to City) but disallowed by VAR because his toe, litterally his big toe, was just ahead of the heel of the City defender.

FFS, this is not what VAR is for.

It’s for the Ashley Cole>Shaun Derry or the Man City “it was a little bit of a foul and a little bit offside but what a great goal” situations.
Login to get fewer ads

VAR is a blight on our game on 19:57 - Jul 15 with 760 viewsJuzzie

And now again Burnley v Wolves.

Burnley get an injury time penalty to equalise.

Never a penalty, his arm was up to protect his face from dangerous play.
VAR is a blight on our game on 20:07 - Jul 15 with 728 viewsMickS

VAR is a blight on our game on 19:57 - Jul 15 by Juzzie

And now again Burnley v Wolves.

Burnley get an injury time penalty to equalise.

Never a penalty, his arm was up to protect his face from dangerous play.

Keane commented that prior to the rule change the free kick would have possibly gone to Wolves because of dangerous play. Instead Burnley get a penalty.
VAR is a blight on our game on 21:30 - Jul 15 with 683 viewsqprxtc

VAR is the worst bloody thing to happen to football since some team was invented to fill a poxy ground in South West London in 1905.

Get rid of both.
VAR is a blight on our game on 14:48 - Jul 16 with 577 viewsPinnerPaul

VAR is a blight on our game on 20:07 - Jul 15 by MickS

Keane commented that prior to the rule change the free kick would have possibly gone to Wolves because of dangerous play. Instead Burnley get a penalty.

Major change in rule was for attackers not defenders.

I would get rid of VAR tomorrow but actually thought this was a pen and even if not , it wasn't ' a clear and obvious error'

'Law' regarding VAR protocol HAS been tweaked slightly, whereby pitch referees have been 'encouraged' to go to pitchside monitors for 'subjective' decisions so we'll see if PGMOL actually do that next season - might get 'better' decisions, but of course we will still disagree with some AND it will slow the game down even more

Agree 100% on the tight offsides , the ones where there are literally millimetres in it, I would go with the on field decision 100% of the time, purely because definition of picture is not good enough to capture precisely the moment team mate first touches the ball when making the pass - that is when offside is judged as per LOTG.
VAR is a blight on our game on 23:13 - Jul 16 with 523 viewsloftboy

VAR is a blight on our game on 14:48 - Jul 16 by PinnerPaul

Major change in rule was for attackers not defenders.

I would get rid of VAR tomorrow but actually thought this was a pen and even if not , it wasn't ' a clear and obvious error'

'Law' regarding VAR protocol HAS been tweaked slightly, whereby pitch referees have been 'encouraged' to go to pitchside monitors for 'subjective' decisions so we'll see if PGMOL actually do that next season - might get 'better' decisions, but of course we will still disagree with some AND it will slow the game down even more

Agree 100% on the tight offsides , the ones where there are literally millimetres in it, I would go with the on field decision 100% of the time, purely because definition of picture is not good enough to capture precisely the moment team mate first touches the ball when making the pass - that is when offside is judged as per LOTG.

Back in the day if you were level you were off, it was then changed for the better, it needs tweaking again now to “must have clear daylight between defender and forward”. Another marginal decision in the Palace United game today.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024