Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR is a blight on our game 20:47 - Oct 20 with 18101 viewsBlackCrowe

Watford robbed yesterday and man yoo's goal should not have stood today. So something that was designed to eradicate controversy is actually creating it.

Seemlingly a huge proportion of goals being referred to VAR. Referees don't have to referee any more. Fans can't properly celebrate in the moment of joy when the ball hits the net because the immediate reaction is to see if it gets referred to VAR. It's also an irritating name.

i truly hate it.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 20:48]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

VAR is a blight on our game on 12:11 - Nov 27 with 1906 viewsAntti_Heinola

VAR is a blight on our game on 10:57 - Nov 27 by daveB

If that's it working much better then god help us.

It just seems to get involved when it's not needed, none of those incidents needed VAR, the on field decision was fine for all of them when it's a tight call like that

Sterling one was an utter joke too. That simply cannot be offside. This is ruining the game and the tech they have at their disposal looks far from foolproof.

Bare bones.

VAR is a blight on our game on 12:48 - Nov 27 with 1882 viewsWalnut

VAR is a blight on our game on 16:26 - Nov 26 by PinnerPaul

Yes that's correct - just had to double check as its so complicated, good job I did because if both teams encroach BUT kicker commits a 'more serious offence' ie illegal feint then that would be an IDFK to defending side.

Cheers PP. I THINK as a rule that's straightforward. Would love to have last season's Brum Home ref talk us through ignoring all those Blues encroaching (no QPR were encroaching) when Wells missed for 4-4.
VAR is a blight on our game on 13:18 - Nov 27 with 1848 viewsClive_Anderson

In the Real PSG game, PSG got a penalty and a red card for the Real keeper.

Then they decided to rewind the footage about 30 seconds and discovered a slight shove on Marcelo and the whole lot was chalked off.

Apparently they can go back in time up to when the attacking team won possession, so if a team plays keep ball for 5 minutes and then scores they will check for any minuscule infringements during the whole 5 minutes.

This really isn't what VAR should be for, it should be limited to the current phase of play and only overturn clear errors, not use a microscope to see if a player brushed past another one 5 minutes ago.
VAR is a blight on our game on 13:52 - Feb 22 with 1752 viewsMarc

Anyone watching the lunchtime game? Leg breaker gone unpunished after a long var delay.
VAR is a blight on our game on 14:14 - Feb 22 with 1709 viewsstevec

VAR is a blight on our game on 13:52 - Feb 22 by Marc

Anyone watching the lunchtime game? Leg breaker gone unpunished after a long var delay.

Watching a cracking Brentford Blackburn game.

No VAR, two terrible refereeing decisions, but only equalled things up so the fun goes on.

Fck VAR 😄
VAR is a blight on our game on 14:19 - Feb 22 with 1705 viewsMarc

VAR is a blight on our game on 14:57 - Feb 22 with 1665 viewsstowmarketrange

VAR is a blight on our game on 14:19 - Feb 22 by Marc

How can they get it wrong after as many replays as they need to get it right?I didn’t watch the game,but you can understand the match ref missing it but I don’t see how the var ref can get it wrong?
VAR is a blight on our game on 16:17 - Feb 22 with 1619 viewsloftboy

Bournemouth score, VAR chalk it off and give a penalty to Burnley down the other end.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

VAR is a blight on our game on 17:06 - Feb 22 with 1577 viewssupahoopsa

Absolutely loving the duck up that is VAR in the prima donnaship. The armchair fans, Sky and all the pundits getting exactly what they deserve. How many post match analysis have used their own version of VAR in the past to show that a ref or lino missed an offside by an inch. They have been begging for VAR for years and now they are reaping their rewards.
Please Rangers stay in the championship, cannot bear what is happening above us, Sky with the ££££££££'s and ridiculous schedules have ruined football

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

VAR is a blight on our game on 17:12 - Feb 22 with 1565 viewsPinnerPaul

VAR is a blight on our game on 14:57 - Feb 22 by stowmarketrange

How can they get it wrong after as many replays as they need to get it right?I didn’t watch the game,but you can understand the match ref missing it but I don’t see how the var ref can get it wrong?

Because as I've always said VAR is just another ref, who WILL make mistakes, just like the on field one.
VAR is a blight on our game on 18:13 - Feb 22 with 1483 viewsstowmarketrange

VAR is a blight on our game on 17:12 - Feb 22 by PinnerPaul

Because as I've always said VAR is just another ref, who WILL make mistakes, just like the on field one.

But as I said in my post,the ref only gets one look at an incident,so he might make a mistake,or not see an incident clearly.Whats the excuse if you can review as many times as you need to from all angles?
VAR is a blight on our game on 18:18 - Feb 22 with 1475 viewsQPR_John

VAR is a blight on our game on 18:13 - Feb 22 by stowmarketrange

But as I said in my post,the ref only gets one look at an incident,so he might make a mistake,or not see an incident clearly.Whats the excuse if you can review as many times as you need to from all angles?

Because it was introduced to check clear and obvious errors by the referee. If it takes a multitued of replays to come to a decision then it was not a clear and obvious error.
VAR is a blight on our game on 18:50 - Feb 22 with 1421 viewsClive_Anderson

Leicester had two definite penalties turned down and then Man City get one down the other end for a less blatant offence.
VAR is a blight on our game on 18:55 - Feb 22 with 1415 viewsDeepcutHoop

VAR is a blight on our game on 18:50 - Feb 22 by Clive_Anderson

Leicester had two definite penalties turned down and then Man City get one down the other end for a less blatant offence.

VAr used correctly and consistently would be excellent.
Sadly it seems big clubs are getting the decisions more often.
VAR is a blight on our game on 19:09 - Feb 22 with 1381 viewsstevec

VAR is a blight on our game on 18:55 - Feb 22 by DeepcutHoop

Exactly.

Expect sinister use of it as the season reaches a climax, they’ll want the likes of Bournemouth out of the club and Sheffield Utd won’t be ‘allowed’ anywhere near the Champions League.
VAR is a blight on our game on 19:12 - Feb 22 with 1374 viewsstowmarketrange

I don’t see why Leicester didn’t get the penalty when de bruyne stuck his hands up inside the area.They certainly weren’t in a natural position by the side of his head.
VAR is a blight on our game on 19:44 - Feb 22 with 1337 viewsCiderwithRsie

VAR is a blight on our game on 18:55 - Feb 22 by DeepcutHoop

On top of that, it just doesn't seem to be used for anything worthwhile.

DRS in cricket helps with a notoriously difficult decision (LBW). Most cricketers seem to think it is right the vast majority of occasions and has improved decision-making by umpires, which was already bloody good at test/ODI level. LB decisions come up regularly in every session and are a regular and normal part of the game - deceiving the batsman s to whether or not the ball will hit is an essential bowling skill.

VAR seems to be used too often on incredibly marginal decisions about millimetres off-side or minimal physical contact. The mantra in cricket is "DRS is for the howler, not marginal decisions". It should be the same in football all - the ball crossing the goal line or not, the nasty foul cunningly disguised, the crafty shove when the ref's not looking or unsighted.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 22:59]
VAR is a blight on our game on 20:26 - Feb 22 with 1301 viewsterryb

The handball by the Leicester player was far more blatant than the one by the City player!

Both should have been penalties though.
VAR is a blight on our game on 22:48 - Feb 22 with 1230 viewsLongsufferingR

VAR is a blight on our game on 20:26 - Feb 22 by terryb

The handball by the Leicester player was far more blatant than the one by the City player!

Both should have been penalties though.

How on earth was one a penalty and not the other? Absolute bllcks. Man City should also be docked points for that kit.
VAR is a blight on our game on 22:57 - Feb 22 with 1210 views2Thomas2Bowles

VAR is a blight on our game on 22:48 - Feb 22 by LongsufferingR

How on earth was one a penalty and not the other? Absolute bllcks. Man City should also be docked points for that kit.

That kit makes my eyes bleed
Shocking

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

VAR is a blight on our game on 09:49 - Feb 23 with 1132 viewsPinnerPaul

VAR is a blight on our game on 18:13 - Feb 22 by stowmarketrange

because its still a subjective opinion - that's football.

I've been in a room of referees - shown an incident and the range of answers has been no card, yellow and red - all for the same incident - seen without pressure of a game by experienced referees.

Every week we debate decisions on here - everyone, including me!, convinced of their own opinion/judgement - and that's all VAR is - another (Yes with more views) but still just another opinion/judgement.

Football is chasing an impossible dream - 100% 'correct' decisions, everyone agrees with, its NOT happening!
VAR is a blight on our game on 10:46 - Feb 23 with 1081 viewsTGRRRSSS

Like FFP in it's way taking the joy and the dreams out of football I guess - should have been kept for purely clear violent conduct - and they still manage to cock it up, and stuff like Goal Line Technology - so the likes of THAT Lampard goal would stand.
VAR is a blight on our game on 11:13 - Feb 23 with 1068 viewsPinnerPaul

VAR is a blight on our game on 10:46 - Feb 23 by TGRRRSSS

Like FFP in it's way taking the joy and the dreams out of football I guess - should have been kept for purely clear violent conduct - and they still manage to cock it up, and stuff like Goal Line Technology - so the likes of THAT Lampard goal would stand.

No problem with GLT - works well, no one argues with it.
VAR is a blight on our game on 11:41 - Feb 23 with 1044 viewssmegma

Where was VAR when Gurnham Singh was about eh ??
VAR is a blight on our game on 12:13 - Feb 23 with 1006 viewsLoftgirl

VAR is a blight on our game on 11:41 - Feb 23 by smegma

Where was VAR when Gurnham Singh was about eh ??

Aha, maybe it's him in Stockley Park. That would make sense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024