Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todd Kane 07:50 - Oct 23 with 8308 viewsbaz_qpr

jesus what happened to him, it was like watching his never kicked a ball before geography teaching twin brother last night, after 10 minutes the team were too scared to pass to him, not only did he give it away with most touches he kept putting them in 4 v 3
Todd Kane on 07:51 - Oct 23 with 5081 viewsRangers67

Simple really , he,s not very good
Todd Kane on 08:16 - Oct 23 with 4993 viewsnix

I'm not sure if he's not got it at this level or he's having a nightmare patch but he's leaving Warburton with a nightmare problem at right back. Angel and Toni on that side are reliable and wily operators but they struggles clearly against forwards with pace. And we could see that Puskas and Ejaria and the other Reading forwards could outrun us from the first goal, which came from that side, so it seemed a sensible move to bring Kane on.

But he has a problem with passing the ball accurately. I've compared his stats to Manning's and they not hugely different: Manning has 71% passing accuracy to Kane's 68%, not wildly different then. But I wonder if it's when he gives the ball away rather than how much that may be significant. He seems to give it away when we're making a break and stretched at the back, leaving us in big trouble. I'm not sure if that's something you can work on with players but atm I'm really missing Furlong and I think that's the one big mistake we've made recently by getting rid of him.
Todd Kane on 08:26 - Oct 23 with 4945 viewsjoe90

I remember thinking he looked good against Luton (I think?) but since them he's been useless! Against WBA he looked completely out his depth all game.
Todd Kane on 08:56 - Oct 23 with 4875 viewsstevec

Wonder if the elite clubs play some form of non contact carpet football at their academies, certainly Championship football seems to come as a real shock to them.
Todd Kane on 09:07 - Oct 23 with 4812 viewsTheChef

The lack of pace for us at the back is our biggest problem, especially given how our full backs get so far forward.

No obvious solutions at the moment - although it would be nice for Masterson to get an opportunity to see what he can do. Not sure why he hasn't figured at all yet. And a few of our lot are getting frustrated with Barbet (not especially quick or strong, and not the best positionally).

Still, we're 4th in the table, which is amazing. Imagine if we could defend!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Todd Kane on 09:30 - Oct 23 with 4746 viewsbosh67

Todd Kane on 09:07 - Oct 23 by TheChef

The lack of pace for us at the back is our biggest problem, especially given how our full backs get so far forward.

No obvious solutions at the moment - although it would be nice for Masterson to get an opportunity to see what he can do. Not sure why he hasn't figured at all yet. And a few of our lot are getting frustrated with Barbet (not especially quick or strong, and not the best positionally).

Still, we're 4th in the table, which is amazing. Imagine if we could defend!

Kane seems to have been hypnotised into not being able to play football at the moment. Our whole right side didn't exist and I thought we perhaps needed BOS on to give them something to think about on the right.

The pace thing is the problem. Barbet can play although lord knows why he took that freekick instead of Manning. But he has no pace at all. Leistner is good and strong but he gets caught a little flat footed. Both Manning and Kane/Rangel can get caught high up the pitch but that is the system. Cameron again isn't the quickest so we do get hurt on the counter... Over and over again and concede sloppy goals... Over and over again.

We do need to find or cultivate a young big centre back in the Ajax academy style who can be crafted into the position and just give that centre back line pace. Our CBs are not the youngest. Cameron is good but better as a holding MF player, Leistner is the best of the bunch and Barbet certainly can play but again he just doesn't have that yard of pace to track back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Todd Kane on 09:30 - Oct 23 with 4747 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Todd Kane on 08:26 - Oct 23 by joe90

I remember thinking he looked good against Luton (I think?) but since them he's been useless! Against WBA he looked completely out his depth all game.

He had a nightmare agains WBA due to their fantastic young left back. It seems to have had an effect on his confidence. He needs to just understand he won't be playing that standard of player every week and learn from it.
Todd Kane on 09:32 - Oct 23 with 4734 viewsBklynRanger

He plays right in front of me and very much looks like his confidence is shot.

When he receives the ball in a tight situation he seems to be caught in either playing it straight back or making a pass that he currently doesn't feel comfortable doing. He did the former last night a couple of times, but when he tried a logical square ball to keep a lovely move going it was as if his foot was screwed on wrong - total hash, groans etc. Did a similar thing 5 mins later. Few mins later tried to play a ball down the line to Cameron in a tight situation and knocked it straight out.

Do feel for the lad - you can see it on his face. I've been meaning to look into what Hull fans thought of him but haven't got round to it. He has to be a better player than that.
Login to get fewer ads

Todd Kane on 09:59 - Oct 23 with 4624 viewsTheChef

Todd Kane on 09:30 - Oct 23 by bosh67

Kane seems to have been hypnotised into not being able to play football at the moment. Our whole right side didn't exist and I thought we perhaps needed BOS on to give them something to think about on the right.

The pace thing is the problem. Barbet can play although lord knows why he took that freekick instead of Manning. But he has no pace at all. Leistner is good and strong but he gets caught a little flat footed. Both Manning and Kane/Rangel can get caught high up the pitch but that is the system. Cameron again isn't the quickest so we do get hurt on the counter... Over and over again and concede sloppy goals... Over and over again.

We do need to find or cultivate a young big centre back in the Ajax academy style who can be crafted into the position and just give that centre back line pace. Our CBs are not the youngest. Cameron is good but better as a holding MF player, Leistner is the best of the bunch and Barbet certainly can play but again he just doesn't have that yard of pace to track back.

Maybe Masterson is that young big centre back we're cultivating?

I suppose currently it's a case of live by the sword, die by the sword. Which makes for entertaining viewing if nothing else!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Todd Kane on 10:00 - Oct 23 with 4627 viewsingeminate

Todd Kane on 09:32 - Oct 23 by BklynRanger

He plays right in front of me and very much looks like his confidence is shot.

When he receives the ball in a tight situation he seems to be caught in either playing it straight back or making a pass that he currently doesn't feel comfortable doing. He did the former last night a couple of times, but when he tried a logical square ball to keep a lovely move going it was as if his foot was screwed on wrong - total hash, groans etc. Did a similar thing 5 mins later. Few mins later tried to play a ball down the line to Cameron in a tight situation and knocked it straight out.

Do feel for the lad - you can see it on his face. I've been meaning to look into what Hull fans thought of him but haven't got round to it. He has to be a better player than that.

Think he did OK at Hull - I spoke to a Hull fan and got the impression they saw him as a Bidwell - fairly consistent 6-7 out of 10.
Like others seems to me his confidence has gone after a really promising start. Timing wise with Hugill out , maybe time to go back to what worked at Hull with a 4-3-2-1. Angel and BOS come in for Kane and Hugill and I wouldn’t mind seeing Ball coming back in to the team as well.

Anyone know what is happening with Hall? I know he was injured, but thought he’d got back. Is he currently injured or not making the squad on form?

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Todd Kane on 11:03 - Oct 23 with 4478 viewsnix

Todd Kane on 10:00 - Oct 23 by ingeminate

Think he did OK at Hull - I spoke to a Hull fan and got the impression they saw him as a Bidwell - fairly consistent 6-7 out of 10.
Like others seems to me his confidence has gone after a really promising start. Timing wise with Hugill out , maybe time to go back to what worked at Hull with a 4-3-2-1. Angel and BOS come in for Kane and Hugill and I wouldn’t mind seeing Ball coming back in to the team as well.

Anyone know what is happening with Hall? I know he was injured, but thought he’d got back. Is he currently injured or not making the squad on form?

Hall said in the programme that he's fit and ready to play. Maybe he'll get a game against Brentford. We've got some tough games coming up in November, so we might be saving him for that.
Todd Kane on 11:04 - Oct 23 with 4474 viewsNorthernr

Some very, very harsh comments on this thread.
Todd Kane on 11:24 - Oct 23 with 4389 viewskensalriser

Just imagine where we'd be if we weren't so shit.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Todd Kane on 11:27 - Oct 23 with 4380 viewsMedwayR

For whatever reason his confidence looks well shot, he'll come good though I'm sure.

Poll: Who’s better?

Todd Kane on 11:31 - Oct 23 with 4364 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think I counted seven times that he lost possession last night, which was clearly an issue for us. He did an awful lot right as well, though, and looked very dangerous last night. He gets into great positions, can cross and can work well with others down his flank. His cross for the disallowed goal was damn good and he should bank all those positives. In fairness, he never stopped looking for the ball which is a good sign.

As for the goal that came from the ball not being closed down in the right back area, that was Scowen who stood off.

Just Kane's passing, then, last night. That can happen to anyone.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Todd Kane on 11:42 - Oct 23 with 4333 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Todd Kane on 11:04 - Oct 23 by Northernr

Some very, very harsh comments on this thread.

Harsh but fair? He was very out of sorts defensively misplacing a number of simple passes and conceding possession cheaply in very dangerous areas.

I think Brian's assessment sums up the conundrum for me. Both wing-backs look good going forward but are suspect defensively in Warburton's system. Whilst I'm enjoying the entertaining football, at some stage a balance will need to be struck to concede fewer goals.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 11:48]
Todd Kane on 11:46 - Oct 23 with 4322 views100percent

Along with a few others and particularly the substitutions, Kane struggled to make an impact on the game. He wasn't at his best - neither were quite a few others. Get off their back and get behind them - happens to most players. We are still a young side beginning to bond, so there will be games like last night. He's a great young prospect.
Todd Kane on 11:50 - Oct 23 with 4296 viewsJeff

Todd Kane on 08:56 - Oct 23 by stevec

Wonder if the elite clubs play some form of non contact carpet football at their academies, certainly Championship football seems to come as a real shock to them.

wouldn't have come as much of a shock to Kane - he played 41 times for Hull last season...

Can we not knock it?

Todd Kane on 11:57 - Oct 23 with 4259 viewsLongsufferingR

Thought both he and Pugh have looked great previously this season. Kane has certainly dropped a level in recent weeks though. Couldn't get anything right, while Pugh just looked a bit slow, which comes from not being used that much I suppose. Both very good players though, and certainly got a good reception from the Hull fans last week, which says a lot. It's not as if it was a long time ago they were playing up there.
Todd Kane on 12:04 - Oct 23 with 4227 viewsNorthernr

Todd Kane on 11:42 - Oct 23 by Benny_the_Ball

Harsh but fair? He was very out of sorts defensively misplacing a number of simple passes and conceding possession cheaply in very dangerous areas.

I think Brian's assessment sums up the conundrum for me. Both wing-backs look good going forward but are suspect defensively in Warburton's system. Whilst I'm enjoying the entertaining football, at some stage a balance will need to be struck to concede fewer goals.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 11:48]

Fair? He's made four fcking starts for us. I don't think it's fair at all.
Todd Kane on 12:18 - Oct 23 with 4179 viewsconnell10

Todd Kane on 12:04 - Oct 23 by Northernr

Fair? He's made four fcking starts for us. I don't think it's fair at all.

Four games is a long time to the modern football fan, I think he needs a tad more time before we as a fanbase write him off!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Todd Kane on 12:19 - Oct 23 with 4175 viewsCamberleyR

Seems like Kane has won the latest QPR fans' 'Scapegoat of the Month' contest for October.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Todd Kane on 12:24 - Oct 23 with 4154 viewsdannyblue

He wasn't great last night. His last few appearances haven't been very good either. It's been a tough start for him. That's all. No scapegoat. He'll play more. He'll have some good games and some bad ones. Hopefully more of the former, and his pedigree suggests that should be the case.
Todd Kane on 12:39 - Oct 23 with 4096 viewsPhildo

You really have to give a young lad games in the championship before making any sort of assessment. Players learn through experience.
Todd Kane on 12:45 - Oct 23 with 4070 viewsdaveB

I didn't think he was anywhere near as bad as some are making out. He misplaced a few passes as did Chair and Eze but we looked a lot better when we switched to a back 3 with him as a wing back
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024