Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
About five times more needle against Luton earlier in the season 21:52 - Oct 28 with 3688 viewsDieByYourSide

No one can tell me this is a proper rivalry. They've done us every time since they came up and I still can't get worked up about losing to a League 2 club disguised as Championship play-off hopefuls.

To keep things in perspective, as poor as we've been against Reading and tonight that's two piss poor penalty decisions that could've resulted in 4 more points on the board.

Brentford have been playing this style for years, we've been doing it six months and on another day we would've got something. Plus they've spent £20m this Summer.

Poll: And it's hi ho

About five times more needle against Luton earlier in the season on 21:58 - Oct 28 with 3623 viewsRangers67

I think they probably don’t see us as rivals we are so piss poor against them. Another shocking ref and the fact that he keeps picking Scowen and what do you end up with
About five times more needle against Luton earlier in the season on 22:02 - Oct 28 with 3594 viewspaulparker

I knew we get beat tonight they know how to play us I even got 1-3 @18-1
Our midfield was overrun against reading and was always gonna be the same today
We had no threat to come off the bench either
It’s time to get real we are not going to get in the play offs so let’s just enjoy it while we can

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About five times more needle against Luton earlier in the season on 22:36 - Oct 28 with 3460 viewsbillericaydicky

I don’t buy into the rivalry thing either. They certainly do so congrats to Brentford who won their cup final. Poor that they couldn’t sell out their allocation though. Must be too far to come on a school night.

Once again the big decision has gone against us which is frustrating. But it came from us giving the ball away. We’ll get one go out way soon. It won’t be at Elland Road though!
About five times more needle against Luton earlier in the season on 22:38 - Oct 28 with 3433 viewsbosh67

We really missed Hugill's physicality up front.

The curse of SKY and Brentford goes on.

We needed to start fast and at them and we did the same as we did against Reading. We let them come at us. Warburton was obviously furious at half time.

For someone who told me that Brentford weren't Barcelona when I said they were going to be faster and stronger than us, well, they're not Barcelona but we all knew they would have a go.

They deserved to win. Kelly kept us in it.

Poor first half from us. Flat and flat footed.

Defence is too narrow too many times and too slow. We need to really think about how we close teams out until January and perhaps look for a few younger faster centre backs. Not to replace what we have but to come in and give us some choices. Is it time to give Masterson a chance? Can we find a hungry young fast centre back from the lower levels or from the academy?

Penalty destroyed our better start to the second half. People having a go at Scowen should have a look at themselves. Player was already in the air, tackled by a ghost before Scowen got near him. Terrible decision. As was the foul he said was a bad tackle by Scowen which was just full blooded and he took the ball.

I have no idea why teams come to us and play out of their skin in the TV. Or why we are so flat on TV every time.

We were off it first half. Got a rocket at half time and played better. Got the stuffing knocked out of us by the penalty but Kelly made save after save with no real protection from the defence. Our left side got torn open far too often.

But, perspective is that we have to shake it off.

For some reason we appear to be far better set up to play our game away from home. At home, particularly on TV we sit off, clam up, get flat footed and sloe and don't express ourselves.

Slow first half. Patchy second half. Beaten by a faster and more accurate side. We just weren't strong enough in midfield to break them up.

But they have been together a lot longer than us and we can play like that if we can find a way to find some pace at the back.

Hugill would have been very handy tonight. Difficult to get a sense of Mlakar tonight. He didn't really get much to work with.

Eze came into it but his shooting was a bit off. Great skill though. Chair really needs that goal. I get a feeling that if Chair can get a goal he'll really take off.

I f*cking hate SKY but Warburton needs to regroup the squad and see if they can have a go at Leeds, away, where they seem to relax more.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About five times more needle against Luton earlier in the season on 23:19 - Oct 28 with 3273 viewsWatford_Ranger

Get far more annoyed losing to Preston every season. Nice team clearly but have always found them as a club a bit, for want of a better word, nerdy.
About five times more needle against Luton earlier in the season on 23:20 - Oct 28 with 3270 viewsParkRoyalR

Agree, especially as most newbie Brentford fans are disaffected Premier League fans, mostly Arsenal who's poor form over last 5 years has coincided with their shifting allegiances, will soon drift back when their first teams performances pick-up.
About five times more needle against Luton earlier in the season on 23:27 - Oct 28 with 3233 viewsstowmarketrange

They are still the best team in Middlesex.
About five times more needle against Luton earlier in the season on 23:28 - Oct 28 with 3234 viewsCroydonCaptJack

About five times more needle against Luton earlier in the season on 23:20 - Oct 28 by ParkRoyalR

Agree, especially as most newbie Brentford fans are disaffected Premier League fans, mostly Arsenal who's poor form over last 5 years has coincided with their shifting allegiances, will soon drift back when their first teams performances pick-up.

I actually saw one of their fans with an Arsenal hat on. Bizarre.
Login to get fewer ads

About five times more needle against Luton earlier in the season on 08:07 - Oct 29 with 2874 viewsBushRanger82

Perhaps we should buy in to this rivalry thing.
What is it now, 8 wins in the last 10 games for them against us?
With only a single win, and a single draw for us in all that time?
That cannot be allowed to continue. I don't know about you, but I'm heartily sick to death of losing to that insignificant pile of excrement from the arse end of Hounslow.
About five times more needle against Luton earlier in the season on 08:17 - Oct 29 with 2834 viewsrsonist

About five times more needle against Luton earlier in the season on 23:19 - Oct 28 by Watford_Ranger

Get far more annoyed losing to Preston every season. Nice team clearly but have always found them as a club a bit, for want of a better word, nerdy.

Funny thing about Preston I noticed recently. You can talk to the biggest football fan, professional scribe, au fait with the lowest of lower leagues and the continent, but the one perennial blind spot for 99% of people is simply off the top of your head how many Preston players can you name? 22nd in the national pyramid and if you're really good you get to about six before you have to look it up.
About five times more needle against Luton earlier in the season on 12:16 - Oct 29 with 2558 viewsWatford_Ranger

About five times more needle against Luton earlier in the season on 08:17 - Oct 29 by rsonist

Funny thing about Preston I noticed recently. You can talk to the biggest football fan, professional scribe, au fait with the lowest of lower leagues and the continent, but the one perennial blind spot for 99% of people is simply off the top of your head how many Preston players can you name? 22nd in the national pyramid and if you're really good you get to about six before you have to look it up.

Haha very true. They’re all Alan Browne to me.

Just looked at their squad - only two non UK/Ireland players is quite amazing in 2019 and I’m sure Johnson has been there since about 1998 but apparently he’s 27. One of those with the knack of turning into Pirlo once a year in Shepherds Bush.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024