Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scowen and Cameron 22:19 - Oct 28 with 6193 viewsHunterhoop

You just cannot play that as a midfield pair.

Too slow. Too immobile. Too bad on the ball.

The first 5 min set the tone and it got worse.

It’s not a reflection of them as people. Scowen runs around and I think Cameron cares. But one does not have the ability and the other no longer the legs. It’s a recipe for disaster.

Two holding midfielders and yet we were getting carved open down the middle with midfielders advancing on our two slow centres stuck between tracking runners or committing and rushing selling themselves. Continually free runners running into our back 4.

Two holding midfielders and yet we could not pass out. Back to Leistner. Back to Hall. Back to Kelly. Unable to take one touch, turn and play a forward pass. Only ever play the way they’re facing. Both of them.

Brentford has 6 players starting in our half pressing us from goal kicks because they knew Cameron and Scowen could not possible play through them, and they had no physical hold up man to worry about.

Two games running we’ve started with that 4-2-3-1 shape. Both times Scowen and Cameron as the two. Both times a poor performance. I’d include Blackburn too, but everyone else thinks they were good then, which I cannot fathom.

If we and Warburton want to play this style, which I believe he and we want, he cannot keep combining these two. Get Ball back in. Try Amos with him. We need another ball player and a more positionally astute holding midfielder.
Scowen and Cameron on 13:18 - Oct 29 with 908 viewsridethewave

Scowen and Cameron on 13:14 - Oct 29 by The_Mole

For me, given what I've witnessed over the last two home games, the only real formation that will suit our style of play and fit our current crop of players is 3-5-2. This allows the following;

* Two strikers - Wells needs Hugil and vice-versa
* A three man midfield - if we are to persit with Cameron and Scowen, Eze MUST play in the 10!
* Three at the back - Leistner only plays well when in a three
* Wing Backs - we need width and Manning generally performs better when at a LFB

Spot on, every point.
Scowen and Cameron on 13:21 - Oct 29 with 899 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Scowen and Cameron on 10:11 - Oct 29 by RblockPrior

I am getting a bit sick of all this Scowen bashing and people using him as a scapegoat, he is no where near as bad as people make out. Committed and someone who breaks up play well. People literally wait for the mistake and focus on that ignoring all the positive.

Scowen was much better than Cameron last night imo, however all this said I am not sure why Ball isn't getting a game who would be my first choice in that position.

Give Scowen a break, doesn't deserve the stick he gets

Hunter is clear in that his opinion in no way reflects upon Scowen as an individual. He clearly cares and is combative but he is simply not suited to the defensive midfield role in Warburton's system.

For me a player in a defensive role (be it in defence or midfield) can't be successful unless they genuinely enjoy defending. Scowen, by his own admission, sees himself as an attacking midfielder and therefore should not be considered for the role.
Scowen and Cameron on 14:44 - Oct 29 with 834 viewsbosh67

Scowen and Cameron on 10:40 - Oct 29 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree. I'm slow to criticise players who work hard. I think he needs to be pulled aside and spoken to about the challenge for the penalty last night, though. It was impetuous and foolish and it cost us the momentum at that stage of the game.

I think that is pretty harsh on Scowen. The player was clearly picked up and thrown at him by a poltergeist. Scowen never touched him. He was well airborne before he ever got near Scowen. One of the best malivolent assisted dives I have seen in a long time. The ref only sees it once but it was pretty obvious even on first look that the guy had thrown himself (or something unworldly had thrown him) in the air. Scowen just happened to be nearest. Until he launched himself he was going nowhere.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Scowen and Cameron on 15:48 - Oct 29 with 801 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Scowen and Cameron on 14:44 - Oct 29 by bosh67

I think that is pretty harsh on Scowen. The player was clearly picked up and thrown at him by a poltergeist. Scowen never touched him. He was well airborne before he ever got near Scowen. One of the best malivolent assisted dives I have seen in a long time. The ref only sees it once but it was pretty obvious even on first look that the guy had thrown himself (or something unworldly had thrown him) in the air. Scowen just happened to be nearest. Until he launched himself he was going nowhere.

Poltergeist? Now you're blaming Sebastian Poltergiest?
[Post edited 29 Oct 2019 15:48]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024