Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning 22:36 - Oct 28 with 3690 viewsPetros

Anyone for Manning in central midfield? IMO he is our best footballer, sees things early, great passer and can put a foot in. Plus he is not the best defender in the world. Scowen/Cameron combo is awful.
Manning on 22:40 - Oct 28 with 3643 viewsbosh67

Yes. I am not going to have a real go at Cameron or Scowen but Manning sees the slip pass and Wells would get far more service. Manning's positioning tracking back is too narrow at left back but both full backs seem to get caught a lot. Manning with Eze and Chair would create a lot more.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning on 23:01 - Oct 28 with 3541 viewsA40Bosh

I have to agree and I think as much as Manning works well as a wing back when we have 3 in the middle he is still too immature a defender to play a full back yet. Again I saw their 2nd goal coming from my view as it has now a few times now with Manning either getting let down by no one covering back when he gets pulled in side or deciding to track the play too far in field at the expense of leaving their wide player all the time in the world to receive and deliver a cross in to the box that no one defended.

His vision and left foot are what makes us good when he has the ball at his feet as a wing back so either go back to 3-5-2 or give Wallace a crack at LB and push Manning on the left Midfield so Eze and Chair get some service

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Manning on 23:05 - Oct 28 with 3513 viewsbosh67

Manning on 23:01 - Oct 28 by A40Bosh

I have to agree and I think as much as Manning works well as a wing back when we have 3 in the middle he is still too immature a defender to play a full back yet. Again I saw their 2nd goal coming from my view as it has now a few times now with Manning either getting let down by no one covering back when he gets pulled in side or deciding to track the play too far in field at the expense of leaving their wide player all the time in the world to receive and deliver a cross in to the box that no one defended.

His vision and left foot are what makes us good when he has the ball at his feet as a wing back so either go back to 3-5-2 or give Wallace a crack at LB and push Manning on the left Midfield so Eze and Chair get some service

Agree. He's a playmaker.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning on 09:53 - Oct 29 with 3226 viewsdaveB

Manning has been one of our best players this season, would be a bit of a panic move to change that.
Manning on 10:09 - Oct 29 with 3194 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Manning on 09:53 - Oct 29 by daveB

Manning has been one of our best players this season, would be a bit of a panic move to change that.

Ya, I'm not sure either.

My worries are:-

1) If we (hopefully) go back to 532, can Wallace play as an a effective wing-back, and
2) Moving a player proven at one position to a position where he's unproven is risky. Maybe try him there in training matches first?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manning on 10:11 - Oct 29 with 3188 viewsAntti_Heinola

sort of agree, but we're shipping 2-3 goals every single game. Something needs to be done, and changing something doesn't mean it's a panic move. it's not about dropping him, but maybe moving him will help. Shore up the left hand side and a change of personnel in the centre.

Bare bones.

Manning on 10:24 - Oct 29 with 3136 viewsCamberleyR

If MW persists with 4-2-3-1 then although he's been mainly brilliant at LB/LWB, maybe move Manning into the slightly further forward 'Faurlin' position of the "2" with Cameron/Ball in the 'Derry' role and slot Wallace into his favoured left back. Manning's good on the ball and has an eye for a pass so he could do it.

It's got to be worth a go to try to shore up the defence as if we carry on shipping an average of two a game, come the end of the season we're going to be nearer the bottom 6 than the top 6.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2019 10:25]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Manning on 10:25 - Oct 29 with 3133 viewsHastings_Hoops

Manning on 10:09 - Oct 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, I'm not sure either.

My worries are:-

1) If we (hopefully) go back to 532, can Wallace play as an a effective wing-back, and
2) Moving a player proven at one position to a position where he's unproven is risky. Maybe try him there in training matches first?

Go 3-5-2 with Wallace left side of back3. Keep manning as wing back.
Login to get fewer ads

Manning on 10:26 - Oct 29 with 3125 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Manning on 10:25 - Oct 29 by Hastings_Hoops

Go 3-5-2 with Wallace left side of back3. Keep manning as wing back.

Has Wallace played centre-back?
Is he fast?
Is he tall?
Is he good in the air?

I know nothing about him.

Manning on 10:33 - Oct 29 with 3090 viewsted_hendrix

Manning on 10:26 - Oct 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Has Wallace played centre-back?
Is he fast?
Is he tall?
Is he good in the air?

I know nothing about him.

You might find out this coming Saturday.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Manning on 10:37 - Oct 29 with 3067 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Manning on 10:33 - Oct 29 by ted_hendrix

You might find out this coming Saturday.

True.

Manning on 11:06 - Oct 29 with 3026 viewsdaveB

Manning on 10:11 - Oct 29 by Antti_Heinola

sort of agree, but we're shipping 2-3 goals every single game. Something needs to be done, and changing something doesn't mean it's a panic move. it's not about dropping him, but maybe moving him will help. Shore up the left hand side and a change of personnel in the centre.

simple way to do it is switch to a back 3 again, we looked a lot better playing that way
Manning on 11:12 - Oct 29 with 3020 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Manning on 11:06 - Oct 29 by daveB

simple way to do it is switch to a back 3 again, we looked a lot better playing that way

I can't figure out why we haven't switched back - not enough fit centre-backs?

Manning on 11:25 - Oct 29 with 2999 viewsDorse

Manning on 11:12 - Oct 29 by BrianMcCarthy

I can't figure out why we haven't switched back - not enough fit centre-backs?

Could be. I think MW had been trying to get a CB in before the transfer window SLAMMED SHUT but our current back up options are pretty limited: Cameron (can't make my mind up about him in central defence), Masterson (untried) or Ball (square peg, round hole and all that).

A three seems to suit our defensive needs but also allows for 2 up top which helps get the best out of Wells and Eze.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Manning on 12:10 - Oct 29 with 2932 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Whilst I think Manning has done well in an unfamiliar position I do think some are blinded by the new football philosophy and what Ryan has contributed going forward. Defensively he is limited and is consistently targeted by opposition managers as our weak link. I've long advocated Manning switching back to midfield ever since Wallace regained fitness (particularly when playing 4 at the back). This way Manning can concentrate on what he does best whilst offering the option of cover at left-back if required.

Provided Ryan doesn't lose his spot altogether this should be viewed as a positive move that both rewards Ryan's form and attempts to address our obvious deficiencies in defence. Warburton simply can't continue to ignore no clean sheets in 14 matches with 2-3 goals conceded per match now the norm.
Manning on 14:43 - Oct 29 with 2793 viewsPinnerPaul

One of our best players yes but only going forward.

Many goals have come from down his side. No goal is one person's fault and looking at their 1st last night - its a catalogue of errors and poor play - but I do think we have to address the weakness on that side.

Even before last night Clive has commented that teams are targeting Manning and often getting in behind him
Manning on 14:58 - Oct 29 with 2771 viewsRANGERS4EVER

You cannot put our best crosser of the ball into CM. That's just my opinion. Either go to five at the back so he is covered, or try him as a winger. His crossing is too valuable

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Manning on 15:21 - Oct 29 with 2733 viewsLongsufferingR

Just named in ROI senior squad.....
Manning on 15:49 - Oct 29 with 2677 viewsGroveR

Manning on 15:21 - Oct 29 by LongsufferingR

Just named in ROI senior squad.....

"He's technically good, he’s got a good left foot," McCarthy said before adding the blunt caveat: "He’s not better for Enda Stevens that’s for sure, but he’s an option for me."

Oh Mick, always a bit of a blunt.
Manning on 15:57 - Oct 29 with 2656 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Manning on 15:49 - Oct 29 by GroveR

"He's technically good, he’s got a good left foot," McCarthy said before adding the blunt caveat: "He’s not better for Enda Stevens that’s for sure, but he’s an option for me."

Oh Mick, always a bit of a blunt.

What a miserable, begrudging curmudgeon McCarthy is. If McCarthy had picked him for the game against Georgia we might be qualified by now.

Manning has made the initial squad of 39, well done to him. He's still only learning his trade but hope he gets some time against New Zealand.

Manning on 00:00 - Oct 30 with 2480 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Manning on 15:57 - Oct 29 by BrianMcCarthy

What a miserable, begrudging curmudgeon McCarthy is. If McCarthy had picked him for the game against Georgia we might be qualified by now.

Manning has made the initial squad of 39, well done to him. He's still only learning his trade but hope he gets some time against New Zealand.

I agree Brian that was just a horrible comment from McCarthy and he just ruined the moment for Manning ,his Family and his fans .He basically announced he has no chance unless a few injuries crop up and that is just the wrong message IMO.How about all 10 outfield spots are up for grabs in the friendly because guess what Mick that's what friendlies are for.
Why has he not freshened things up before now its both frustrating and demoralizing to the fans of ROI .Its shocking that a victory against the Danes puts us through going off our performances in the group but I don't trust big Mick to get his team right for this glorious chance
Manning on 16:49 - Nov 7 with 2157 viewsEsox_Lucius

Some good news for Manning, he didn't make the cut for the Irish squad. This means he won't be tainted by anything the idiot manager tries to coach into him.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50296506

The grass is always greener.

Manning on 16:55 - Nov 7 with 2144 viewsPinnerPaul

Manning on 16:49 - Nov 7 by Esox_Lucius

Some good news for Manning, he didn't make the cut for the Irish squad. This means he won't be tainted by anything the idiot manager tries to coach into him.

but included are a 17 year old who has played ONE game for Tottenham and 3 who have injuries

No travel or injury worries for Ryan at least!
Manning on 00:53 - Nov 8 with 1943 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Manning on 16:49 - Nov 7 by Esox_Lucius

I cant tell you for frustrating this news is for ROI fans.How Manning is not deemed good enough for a friendly against NY is sickening.Having Robbie Brady ahead of him who has played zero this season and contributed less in the green shirt his last few games is criminal.I cant even comment on Whelan or McClean.So much for picking the players in form Dick McCarthy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024