Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What would your team be against Leeds? 00:04 - Oct 30 with 5889 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I'm not sure but was thinking

keeping Kelly in goal - although my confidence in both our goalkeepers is not high

3 central defenders
BFG / Hall
Cameron
Wallace

2 wing backs
Rangel / Kane
Manning

1 defensive midfielder
Ball / Scowen

2 other midfielders
Chair
BOS / Amos / Scowen / Pugh

1 attacking midfielder
Eze

1 centre forward
Hugill / Wells

The first name I have listed is the player I would most likely select for that role

Probably play 3 centre halfs and 2 wing backs as I don't believe playing 4 at the back has been working for us in recent games as we have lost most of our attacking intent and still concede soft goals

What do you think?

[Post edited 30 Oct 2019 0:17]
What would your team be against Leeds? on 00:41 - Oct 30 with 4194 viewsBoston

I would pick a winning side.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

What would your team be against Leeds? on 06:05 - Oct 30 with 4127 viewsLoftgirl

Man. City.
What would your team be against Leeds? on 08:29 - Oct 30 with 3994 viewsTheChef

Could revert to three at the back which would then be Leistner/Hall/Cameron. Although I still can't decide if Cameron is more effective as a CB or sat in front of the defence.

Get Ball back in and play Scowen further forward with Eze and Chair (not sure BOS is going to be fit).

Will be nice to have Hugill back.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

What would your team be against Leeds? on 08:52 - Oct 30 with 3986 viewsRblockPrior

Kelly

CB Leistner CB Hall CB Barbet

LWB Manning RWB Kane

DCM Ball DCM Scowen
ATM Eze
ST Hugill ST Wells

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

What would your team be against Leeds? on 09:13 - Oct 30 with 3960 viewsElHoop

Kelly
Kane Hall Cameron Barbet Wallace
Chair Eze Manning
Wells Hugill
What would your team be against Leeds? on 09:34 - Oct 30 with 3918 viewsCamberleyR

Don't think Barbet will be featuring if he's got any sort of hamstring injury, he'll probably sit this out again.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

What would your team be against Leeds? on 11:05 - Oct 30 with 3818 viewsbosh67

What would your team be against Leeds? on 06:05 - Oct 30 by Loftgirl

Man. City.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What would your team be against Leeds? on 11:51 - Oct 30 with 3763 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What would your team be against Leeds? on 09:34 - Oct 30 by CamberleyR

Don't think Barbet will be featuring if he's got any sort of hamstring injury, he'll probably sit this out again.

Ya, fair point.

If so, then I would drop Cameron in to a back three. Masterson played well yesterday, according to Smeg and may be worth a spot on the bench.

I haven't considered Wallace because we have no idea what he's like just yet

----------------Kelly
------BFG-Cameron-Hall
Kane---------Ball-------Manning
-----------Chair---Eze
--------Hugill-----Wells

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

What would your team be against Leeds? on 13:10 - Oct 30 with 3666 viewspaulparker

What would your team be against Leeds? on 06:05 - Oct 30 by Loftgirl

Man. City.

Manchester City

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

What would your team be against Leeds? on 13:18 - Oct 30 with 3656 viewsloneranger1

Personally, I'd go with the following

Kelly
Rangel BFG Hall Wallace
Ball Manning
BOS Wells Eze
Hugill

I know it's a change but I think a solid back 4 (if wallace is up to it!) would be a good start... Give Manning a try in midfield as the ball-playing defensive midfielder... and give Chair a rest. Not dropping him, just a rest , as I think he might be tiring - did we/he expect him to have started this many games by this stage of the season?
What would your team be against Leeds? on 13:19 - Oct 30 with 3651 viewsDubaiR

Kelly

Hall
BFG
Masterson

Rangel
Wallace

Ball
Eze
Pugh

Wells
Hugil
What would your team be against Leeds? on 13:24 - Oct 30 with 3638 viewsheadhoops

I dont care who we play as long as someone kicks Patrick Bamford right in the bollox when he dives for a penalty.

Kelly
Kane BFG Hall Wallace
Ball Manning
Chair Wells Eze
Hugill

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

What would your team be against Leeds? on 13:26 - Oct 30 with 3630 viewsMick_S

What would your team be against Leeds? on 13:24 - Oct 30 by headhoops

I dont care who we play as long as someone kicks Patrick Bamford right in the bollox when he dives for a penalty.

Kelly
Kane BFG Hall Wallace
Ball Manning
Chair Wells Eze
Hugill

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

What would your team be against Leeds? on 13:26 - Oct 30 with 3627 viewsdaveB

I'd switch a back 3 and go with the following

Kane, BFG, Hall, Cameron, Manning

Scowen Ball Eze

Hugil Wells
What would your team be against Leeds? on 16:20 - Oct 30 with 3551 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What would your team be against Leeds? on 13:26 - Oct 30 by daveB

Scowen Ball Eze

Hugil Wells

Same as mine except i'd go with Chair for Scowen, which might be just a bit too gung-ho!

What would your team be against Leeds? on 18:58 - Oct 30 with 3461 viewsDiscodroids

1. Rinat Dasayev
2. Manfred Kaltz
3. Claudio Gentile
4. Franco Baresi
5. Marius Trésor
6. Alain Giresse
7. Paulo Roberto Falcão
8. Enzo Francescoli
9. Emilio Butragueño
10. Roberto Bettega
11. Hans Krankl

That Should be enough to reduce shithouse Leeds to a medicinal compond of algae and lichen.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

What would your team be against Leeds? on 19:20 - Oct 30 with 3439 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What would your team be against Leeds? on 18:58 - Oct 30 by Discodroids

1. Rinat Dasayev
2. Manfred Kaltz
3. Claudio Gentile
4. Franco Baresi
5. Marius Trésor
6. Alain Giresse
7. Paulo Roberto Falcão
8. Enzo Francescoli
9. Emilio Butragueño
10. Roberto Bettega
11. Hans Krankl

That Should be enough to reduce shithouse Leeds to a medicinal compond of algae and lichen.

You couldn't find a spot for Mark Dennis, Disco?

Really?

What would your team be against Leeds? on 19:24 - Oct 30 with 3433 viewsDiscodroids

What would your team be against Leeds? on 19:20 - Oct 30 by BrianMcCarthy

You couldn't find a spot for Mark Dennis, Disco?

Really?

Fair enough Bri, However i did consider Paul Goddard, Ian Stewart and Akos Buzsacky...

Ambrosial Players.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2019 19:25]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

What would your team be against Leeds? on 19:38 - Oct 30 with 3413 viewsHastings_Hoops

5—3-2
Lumley
Kane. Hall. Leistner. Barbet. Wallace
Chair. Eze. Manning
Hughill. Wells.
What would your team be against Leeds? on 19:46 - Oct 30 with 3400 viewsstainrods_elbow

What would your team be against Leeds? on 19:38 - Oct 30 by Hastings_Hoops

5—3-2
Lumley
Kane. Hall. Leistner. Barbet. Wallace
Chair. Eze. Manning
Hughill. Wells.

No idea what Mr Liability Lumley has done to deserve a recall in your eyes in the time he's been out? From what I saw on Sky, Kelly made two or three really good saves that prevented a heavier defeat, and surely looks the better bet right now. As was raised with Warburton in the post-match interview, the manifest issue is the lack of protection being afforded him by our defence, viz. their tendency to disappear into thin air at least once or twice a game, which it's starting to worry me our manager seems to have an aversion/blind-spot to naming directly with all his talk about 'defending as a team'.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

What would your team be against Leeds? on 21:16 - Oct 30 with 3348 viewsHastings_Hoops

What would your team be against Leeds? on 19:46 - Oct 30 by stainrods_elbow

No idea what Mr Liability Lumley has done to deserve a recall in your eyes in the time he's been out? From what I saw on Sky, Kelly made two or three really good saves that prevented a heavier defeat, and surely looks the better bet right now. As was raised with Warburton in the post-match interview, the manifest issue is the lack of protection being afforded him by our defence, viz. their tendency to disappear into thin air at least once or twice a game, which it's starting to worry me our manager seems to have an aversion/blind-spot to naming directly with all his talk about 'defending as a team'.

I said in another post, Lumley/Kelly reminds me of the Stejskal/Roberts tug of war, especially considering both pairs followed far superior keepers (Seaman / Smithies). Please don’t hear what I’m not saying - Stejskal and even Roberts were in a different league in all respects, but whenever one got the jersey, they would do everything they could to lose it!

I have nothing against Kelly and he’s made a couple of good saves (...against reading and Brentford no saves made in his previous games) but the same could be said of Lumley. They have both been at fault for various goals. Lumley’s errors have been widely talked about. Kelly’s - first goal against Hull (too short?), Second goal against Hull (poor positioning), Penalty against Blackburn (dancing around on his goal line impeding any chance of a save). ...nothing against either, but I feel Lumley has more marketability if he can get his mojo back.

Anyway... my team suggestion reflects my thoughts in response to the question asked.
What would your team be against Leeds? on 22:51 - Oct 30 with 3301 viewsLeedsR

1. Rinat Dasayev
2. Manfred Kaltz
3. Claudio Gentile
4. Franco Baresi
5. Marius Trésor
6. Alain Giresse
7. Paulo Roberto Falcão
8. Enzo Francescoli
9. Emilio Butragueño
10. Roberto Bettega
11. Hans Krankl

I’d have thought that Schumacher might pushed (or shoulder-barged) Dasayev for the keeper’s jersey!! Some right bruisers in there! How about Hrubesch on the bench?
What would your team be against Leeds? on 00:11 - Oct 31 with 3260 viewsstainrods_elbow

What would your team be against Leeds? on 13:26 - Oct 30 by daveB

Scowen Ball Eze

Hugil Wells

I'd probably pick a keeper too just to be on the safer side.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

What would your team be against Leeds? on 08:29 - Oct 31 with 3149 viewsTheChef

What would your team be against Leeds? on 22:51 - Oct 30 by LeedsR

I’d have thought that Schumacher might pushed (or shoulder-barged) Dasayev for the keeper’s jersey!! Some right bruisers in there! How about Hrubesch on the bench?

2. Manfred Kaltz
3. Claudio Gentile
4. Franco Baresi
5. Marius Trésor

Yeah I'd like to see anyone come out in one piece, up against that little lot.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

What would your team be against Leeds? on 09:20 - Oct 31 with 3123 viewsCamberleyR

1. Rinat Dasayev
2. Manfred Kaltz
3. Claudio Gentile
4. Franco Baresi
5. Marius Trésor
6. Alain Giresse
7. Paulo Roberto Falcão
8. Enzo Francescoli
9. Emilio Butragueño
10. Roberto Bettega
11. Hans Krankl

Quite ball playing heavy that midfield Disco. For a bit of ball winning balance, Tardelli for one of the fancy dan midfielders to add a bit of steel. Bob's your uncle.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024