Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apology 13:57 - Oct 30 with 3591 viewsactonman

Did I imagine it or did the football league apologise to us last season for their incompetent refereeing decisions that cost us games ? I’m sure they mentioned 2 or 3 games where the man in the middle got it wrong !

Are we going to get another apology anytime soon or could they just provide some officials that actually know what they are doing or not bent !

Apology on 22:49 - Oct 30 with 3395 viewstimcocking

I think they sent a letter to the club, didn't they?

I'd prefer them to beat the p!ss out of the refs.
Apology on 07:12 - Oct 31 with 3260 viewsnix

From memory Holloway said he’d received seven letters the season before from referees. I know it’s supposed to even itself out but I wonder if the opposite is happening: ie referees look up the stats before our matches, see we’re prone to giving away penalties and that influences them. Over the last three seasons we seem to have had a number of poor penalties given against us and it seems to deflate the players disproportionately more than a goal from open play.

Having said that, knowing it keeps happening, players have to learn not to lunge in in the penalty area, Scowen and Barbet in particular. Even if they get the ball or miss altogether, a sneaker forward will make it look like a foul.
Apology on 09:21 - Oct 31 with 3143 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Apology on 07:12 - Oct 31 by nix

From memory Holloway said he’d received seven letters the season before from referees. I know it’s supposed to even itself out but I wonder if the opposite is happening: ie referees look up the stats before our matches, see we’re prone to giving away penalties and that influences them. Over the last three seasons we seem to have had a number of poor penalties given against us and it seems to deflate the players disproportionately more than a goal from open play.

Having said that, knowing it keeps happening, players have to learn not to lunge in in the penalty area, Scowen and Barbet in particular. Even if they get the ball or miss altogether, a sneaker forward will make it look like a foul.

Don't know about looking up our stats. I doubt that some of the slack jawed dimwits that we have had can read!
Apology on 10:16 - Oct 31 with 3109 viewsdaveB

they didn't lunge in the other night, Scowen pulls away from the tackle
Apology on 12:58 - Oct 31 with 2999 viewsManinBlack

You may have a point about the excessive amount of penalties that such a nice team like QPR has. Maybe the refs see us as a soft touch. Look at the Brentford penalty, the players just seemed to accept the decision with little complaint. Nobody tried to pull up the mortally injured player, nobody stood over him calling him a cheat or pointing aggressively at him, we didn't surround the ref, we didn't try to delay the kick being taken to put pressure on the Brentford player about to take the penalty, we simply got on with it.

If we keep meekly accepting rubbish decisions it does make a referee think it is ok to find against us. There were a lot of occasions when Smith was hauled down last season, far more obvious claims then the one given against us on Monday, but we didn't get any penalties given because we don't surround the ref ranting at him. Perhaps the ref decided against giving that blatant handball by Reading because he knew they would give him grief as they are one of those teams that like refereeing matches which we don't do.

In my workplace it appears that those who complain get things done for them that those who sit silently don't get so if QPR players say nothing compared to the opposition it is easier for the ref to side with the other team to shut them up. It is also noticeable that for such a polite team we seem to pick up more bookings then the team we play against no doubt, in part, to them constantly getting in the refs face.
Apology on 13:16 - Oct 31 with 2962 viewsPinnerPaul

I think the Scowen pen has been done to death, but I'm not having the 'blatant handball' at the other end.

It was never ever deliberate handball in a million years - it didn't even get a mention in Clive's match report or the offy's one.
Apology on 13:40 - Oct 31 with 2910 viewsstowmarketrange

Apology on 12:58 - Oct 31 by ManinBlack

You may have a point about the excessive amount of penalties that such a nice team like QPR has. Maybe the refs see us as a soft touch. Look at the Brentford penalty, the players just seemed to accept the decision with little complaint. Nobody tried to pull up the mortally injured player, nobody stood over him calling him a cheat or pointing aggressively at him, we didn't surround the ref, we didn't try to delay the kick being taken to put pressure on the Brentford player about to take the penalty, we simply got on with it.

If we keep meekly accepting rubbish decisions it does make a referee think it is ok to find against us. There were a lot of occasions when Smith was hauled down last season, far more obvious claims then the one given against us on Monday, but we didn't get any penalties given because we don't surround the ref ranting at him. Perhaps the ref decided against giving that blatant handball by Reading because he knew they would give him grief as they are one of those teams that like refereeing matches which we don't do.

In my workplace it appears that those who complain get things done for them that those who sit silently don't get so if QPR players say nothing compared to the opposition it is easier for the ref to side with the other team to shut them up. It is also noticeable that for such a polite team we seem to pick up more bookings then the team we play against no doubt, in part, to them constantly getting in the refs face.

I thought I heard that one of our pathetic refs said that he didn’t give smith a penalty in one game last season because “he was big enough to look after himself.”
If that is true, it makes you wonder how these refs ever qualify?
Apology on 14:49 - Oct 31 with 2809 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I’d prefer if there was a better system of punishing referees for cr@p decisions. Preferably by fines or something similar. If referees knows they’re going to be out of pocket they’ll more than likely think twice. Unlikely to happen I know but it’s better than just lowering the tone like everyone else and you just know our players would be booked for diving, sent of for dissent and the club fined for losing control of players etc. Honestly I think we’ve got it just about right and the system is wrong.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Apology on 15:19 - Oct 31 with 2765 viewsNortholt_Rs

Great point.....we do seem to just accept these really sh it decisions rather meekly.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Apology on 15:31 - Oct 31 with 2746 viewsQPR_John

Exactly my view
Apology on 15:33 - Oct 31 with 2743 viewsQPR_John

Apology on 13:16 - Oct 31 by PinnerPaul

I think the Scowen pen has been done to death, but I'm not having the 'blatant handball' at the other end.

It was never ever deliberate handball in a million years - it didn't even get a mention in Clive's match report or the offy's one.

Of course we all know accidental handball by a defender is not punishable
Apology on 15:43 - Oct 31 with 2728 viewsPinnerPaul

Apology on 15:33 - Oct 31 by QPR_John

Of course we all know accidental handball by a defender is not punishable

Well it IS now under certain circumstances - but this wasn't one of them.
Apology on 16:26 - Oct 31 with 2671 viewscardiffanimal

brink back Uriah Rennie
Apology on 22:38 - Oct 31 with 2523 viewsnix

Maninblack you make some good points. It’s strange how we have different playing personnel and yet we still end up with players who don’t make a fuss about pisspoor decisions. But then when we do, we get half the team booked - was it against Bristol City the last minute penalty last season? We’ve definitely played against teams where certain players have appeared to be auxiliary referees. I don’t think they should be screaming in refs faces but making themselves heard is only what other teams do and it seems to pay off for them.

I also think we don’t make enough noise in the crowd. Sometimes I’m the only person in my block making any noise. But it definitely makes a difference because you can sometimes see the ref being influenced to act when the crowd shouts out.
Apology on 23:01 - Oct 31 with 2511 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Apology on 22:38 - Oct 31 by nix

Maninblack you make some good points. It’s strange how we have different playing personnel and yet we still end up with players who don’t make a fuss about pisspoor decisions. But then when we do, we get half the team booked - was it against Bristol City the last minute penalty last season? We’ve definitely played against teams where certain players have appeared to be auxiliary referees. I don’t think they should be screaming in refs faces but making themselves heard is only what other teams do and it seems to pay off for them.

I also think we don’t make enough noise in the crowd. Sometimes I’m the only person in my block making any noise. But it definitely makes a difference because you can sometimes see the ref being influenced to act when the crowd shouts out.

Have to agree with Maninblack and the posts that followed him.

We're meek and accepting. I'm no fan of violent or filthy behaviour but every team needs to look out for itself.

Without abusing refs when they've decided that they can steamroll us we need to be letting them know from the very first second that our team, that our club, is no push over and will not tolerate refs that view us that way.

Instead of giving away stupid penalties we need to be imposing ourselves with well-coached physical, hard tackles all over the pitch instead of lunatic lunges when it's too late.

I love our style of play at the moment, but have to agree with Nix and others on here - when it comes to sticking up for ourselves...we're sleepwalking.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Apology on 11:01 - Nov 1 with 2284 viewsfrancisbowles

Apology on 23:01 - Oct 31 by BrianMcCarthy

Have to agree with Maninblack and the posts that followed him.

We're meek and accepting. I'm no fan of violent or filthy behaviour but every team needs to look out for itself.

Without abusing refs when they've decided that they can steamroll us we need to be letting them know from the very first second that our team, that our club, is no push over and will not tolerate refs that view us that way.

Instead of giving away stupid penalties we need to be imposing ourselves with well-coached physical, hard tackles all over the pitch instead of lunatic lunges when it's too late.

I love our style of play at the moment, but have to agree with Nix and others on here - when it comes to sticking up for ourselves...we're sleepwalking.

I agree that if everybody else is doing it then we have to. It is similar to last season when we woke up to everyone else's time wasting tactics and then became one of the worst exponents of it.

It is the referees that need to referee. Stop nonsense early and they will have less annoying behaviour and cheating and we will have a better game.

In the meantime we have to keep up with the current practice.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024