Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whats the latest on the training ground? 20:46 - Oct 31 with 10537 viewsPunteR

Assuming Skylarks season is over?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 01:43 - Nov 3 with 3607 viewstimcocking

Same as it's always been, not happening.
Whats the latest on the training ground? on 08:20 - Nov 3 with 3511 viewsPunteR

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 19:35 - Nov 2 by Benny_the_Ball

To be fair you've probably done more work today than the club has at Warren Farm since it overcame the final legal challenge.

In all seriousness, if anyone is attending the fans forum can they please ask some straight questions. What's the plan? What's the timetable? Where are we at this moment in time? What's the ETA for completion? It's basic stuff that Hoos should be able to answer if the club is serious about this project.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2019 21:20]

I cant see how they are not serious considering or the legals they've gone through. But you never know.

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 09:17 - Nov 3 with 3465 viewsMedwayR

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 08:20 - Nov 3 by PunteR

I cant see how they are not serious considering or the legals they've gone through. But you never know.

Plus it’ll be an asset the club owns this increasing the value of the club whilst saving us money by not having to rent 2 sites in west London.

Poll: Who’s better?

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 01:26 - Nov 4 with 3250 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 08:20 - Nov 3 by PunteR

The final legal hurdle was crossed a year ago but we're yet to see work begin. There may well be a logical explanation why but I'm yet to hear it so questions need to be answered. I hope those at the fans forum interrogate the panel on this matter.
Whats the latest on the training ground? on 09:57 - Nov 4 with 3131 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 12:53 - Nov 2 by The_Seer

I don't think the board have the finance required to complete work on Warren Farm.

And with that, another Brentford WUM went too far and blew his cover.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 10:36 - Nov 4 with 3067 viewsNorthernr

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 01:26 - Nov 4 by Benny_the_Ball

The final legal hurdle was crossed a year ago but we're yet to see work begin. There may well be a logical explanation why but I'm yet to hear it so questions need to be answered. I hope those at the fans forum interrogate the panel on this matter.

The skylarks thing delayed it from starting in the summer.
Forum next Monday so hopefully we'll find out more then.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Whats the latest on the training ground? on 11:12 - Nov 4 with 2991 viewsblacky200

Forget taking the dog take a bloody shovel.
Whats the latest on the training ground? on 14:31 - Nov 4 with 2883 viewsBostonR

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 12:53 - Nov 2 by The_Seer

I don't think the board have the finance required to complete work on Warren Farm.

They can use a bond scheme to finance. I would be astonished if they did not consider it.
Login to get fewer ads

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 16:11 - Nov 4 with 2816 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 10:36 - Nov 4 by Northernr

The skylarks thing delayed it from starting in the summer.
Forum next Monday so hopefully we'll find out more then.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I see. Nevertheless, the timetable can always legislate for such delays by baking it into the plan. Here's hoping we get a clear explanation on Monday.
Whats the latest on the training ground? on 21:49 - Nov 4 with 2602 viewsThe_Seer

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 14:31 - Nov 4 by BostonR

They can use a bond scheme to finance. I would be astonished if they did not consider it.

We have gone through all legal hurdles so we know that's not the issue.

Amit Bhatia talked of funding the redevelopment via a bond scheme last November. 1 year later and still no clarity on when work will commence.
Whats the latest on the training ground? on 22:03 - Nov 4 with 2595 viewsLblock

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 09:17 - Nov 3 by MedwayR

Plus it’ll be an asset the club owns this increasing the value of the club whilst saving us money by not having to rent 2 sites in west London.

Leased

Long lease I give you but leased nonetheless so worth less as an asset as each year ticks by.
Bungle was adamant this was vital for the short, medium and long term future strategy of the club; it’s probably his only statement I agreed with him on in his whole tenure. Ever since he’s been back peddling on that position more than a fat geezer cycling on a racer up a cliff.

His silence and the lack of action over 14 months speaks absolute volumes

I bought a new hat by the way today

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 00:40 - Nov 5 with 2458 viewsQPR_Jim

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 22:03 - Nov 4 by Lblock

Leased

Long lease I give you but leased nonetheless so worth less as an asset as each year ticks by.
Bungle was adamant this was vital for the short, medium and long term future strategy of the club; it’s probably his only statement I agreed with him on in his whole tenure. Ever since he’s been back peddling on that position more than a fat geezer cycling on a racer up a cliff.

I thought his silence on all things QPR was by popular demand.
Whats the latest on the training ground? on 08:20 - Nov 5 with 2330 viewsGloucs_R

It's 2048 and the annual what happening with the stadium and training ground question is asked......

Poll: Are we staying up?

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 08:34 - Nov 5 with 2313 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 22:03 - Nov 4 by Lblock

Leased

It's a 200 year lease if my memory serves me right so I wouldn't worry too much about the amortisation of that each year. Only Investment properties don't get written down so if we owned it you could argue the hit to p&l would be higher (although both would probably be allowable for FFP calculations)
Whats the latest on the training ground? on 20:23 - Nov 12 with 1962 viewsPunteR

So the answer is ...not a lot then apart from more agg from mysterious opposition . ?
What was bob the builders doing there then?
As its the season maybe it was health n safety concience magic mushroom pickers?

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 20:30 - Nov 12 with 1949 viewsted_hendrix

Confucius say;

"It'll get built when it gets built, now f uck off"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 13:18 - Nov 13 with 1690 viewsR_from_afar

The subject of the training ground came up on the fans' forum thread and I commented:
"David M wrote a short piece which helps explain some of the delays at Warren Farm:
https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-update-warren-farm-linford-christie-stad
I've dropped it in here too so it's in a more appropriate place. It sounds like work is actually due to start any day now. Cross those fingers / season that hat!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 16:06 - Nov 13 with 1578 viewsBoston

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 08:34 - Nov 5 by CroydonCaptJack

It's a 200 year lease if my memory serves me right so I wouldn't worry too much about the amortisation of that each year. Only Investment properties don't get written down so if we owned it you could argue the hit to p&l would be higher (although both would probably be allowable for FFP calculations)

200 years and London’s going to be completely submerged in eleven and a half. Fckin typical Fernandes.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2019 16:07]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 17:37 - Nov 13 with 1480 viewsstevec

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 14:09 - Nov 2 by Lblock

My hat has gone past the "consume by" date and the salt and pepper has congealed into a paste the likes Archeloigsits dig up in Roman villages.

The theory that Bungle and the boys don't want this to press on gathers more pace by the year.....

This is NOT a big development.
The actual build is a piece of proverbial as the utilities are all in there, it's a simple structure to put up and the finishes will be somewhat utilitarian I reckon.
The work is in levelling the notorious WF slope as anyone who has ever played there will tell you that is deceptive. Having said that, earth levelling is a doddle. The complicated part will be ensuring the top soli and pitch planting is spot on; drainage the only concern there.
4G pitches and floodlights another cakewalk.
I'd say from demo of the asbestos riddled buildings being finished to work proper starting and then finish you're looking at 8 months maximum..... that's about two installments of an FFP fine in another language

Get on with it if you're serious.

Apologies for the down arrow, clumsy fingers.

I doubt any builders will be working on it for sometime, wind chill factor at WF this time of year about -25 centigrade.
Whats the latest on the training ground? on 22:33 - Nov 13 with 1329 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Whats the latest on the training ground? on 13:18 - Nov 13 by R_from_afar

The subject of the training ground came up on the fans' forum thread and I commented:
"David M wrote a short piece which helps explain some of the delays at Warren Farm:
https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-update-warren-farm-linford-christie-stad
I've dropped it in here too so it's in a more appropriate place. It sounds like work is actually due to start any day now. Cross those fingers / season that hat!

Thanks for the link. Good read, that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024