Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clean sheets 17:19 - Nov 2 with 2652 viewsRANGERS4EVER

We can be very positive of this season so far and losing 2-0 away to Leeds isn't a shock. But we have to criticise the clean sheets.

It's embarrassing being in November without one. Games have been very enjoyable, but when we come up against a better team (Brentford, Leeds, West Brom) the defensive problems will mean we will always lose. Can we please just spend the next week coaching them. Give the attack the week off I don't care, just keep a bloody clean sheet, for once

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Clean sheets on 21:38 - Nov 2 with 2484 viewsBenny_the_Ball

They won't get a better chance to claim a clean sheet than at home to 'Boro who don't score many.
Clean sheets on 21:45 - Nov 2 with 2465 viewsCamberleyR

Clean sheets on 21:38 - Nov 2 by Benny_the_Ball

They won't get a better chance to claim a clean sheet than at home to 'Boro who don't score many.

Until they sack Woodgate in midweek and get a new (caretaker) manager bounce...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Clean sheets on 10:27 - Nov 3 with 2264 viewsdaveB

would be nice to have one but i wouldn't want to go back to defending deep and making priority not conceding as we did for big chunks of last season with no real attacking threat.

There needs to be a balance to it all but the goals we are conceding is more to do with basic errors than the way the team play so I still think given time it wlll be fixed, Warburton wanted another centre back before the season so I think it is clear they were aware even before the season started that it would be an issue
Clean sheets on 15:09 - Nov 3 with 2125 viewsOldPedro

Clean sheets on 10:27 - Nov 3 by daveB

would be nice to have one but i wouldn't want to go back to defending deep and making priority not conceding as we did for big chunks of last season with no real attacking threat.

There needs to be a balance to it all but the goals we are conceding is more to do with basic errors than the way the team play so I still think given time it wlll be fixed, Warburton wanted another centre back before the season so I think it is clear they were aware even before the season started that it would be an issue

I wonder if the club will look to bring in a centreback in the January window?

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Clean sheets on 16:42 - Nov 3 with 2076 viewsNorthantsHoop

I can't see the team improving much on the defensive side of the game, it is a weakness we have, amazes me at LR how many times watched opposing teams waltz through our midfield and in 2 or 3 passes in back of the net. But where we have improved is getting forward and we look capable of bagging goals. Boro will be an interesting game as on paper we should beat them but not expecting a clean sheet but I hope to be proved wrong.
Clean sheets on 12:53 - Nov 4 with 1913 viewsPinnerPaul

Its 19 now without one - longest run in England /Scotland
Clean sheets on 13:04 - Nov 4 with 1897 viewsCiderwithRsie

Clean sheets on 15:09 - Nov 3 by OldPedro

I wonder if the club will look to bring in a centreback in the January window?

Genuine question: would this be the answer? Hall, Leistner and Barbet all in their different ways seem decent (not outstanding, but OK) to me.

Are the problems not in:
- defensive midfield - Scowen and Cameron neither at the level of their best performances last season
- full-back - Manning excellent but trading off defence for attack; Rangel good but old and slow; Kane not quite there yet, possibly going backwards
- GK - everyone's been all over this before, you know the issues

Seems to me we aren't that far off being OK (no more than that) all across the defence but just not quite good enough in any of it, added to an attacking style generally which means we're going to get tested on the break even when dominating.

Maybe one class act who is a leader would do it, I dunno.
Clean sheets on 15:16 - Nov 4 with 1820 viewsloftus77

Clean sheets on 21:45 - Nov 2 by CamberleyR

Until they sack Woodgate in midweek and get a new (caretaker) manager bounce...

This. Crucial they hold onto him for just another 7 days.

You know it makes sense lads...give him one more chance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024