Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad patch 17:24 - Nov 2 with 3856 viewsbosh67

Warburton made no bones that we would have a few until we crack the system and eliminate the errors. At the moment our defence is infamous so teams have a psychological advantage on us and because we can't keep a clean sheet that is having an effect on team confidence. It is something they need to sort out quite quickly.

Of course Brentford managed to lose at home today. Of course! A friend who is a loose supporter of theirs just called me and said they were f*cking terrible today. Fulham got bashed up at home. Weds got beat. It's that kind of division week to week.

Our issue is to turn possession into more goals and somehow find a formula that stops us conceding. My one fear today was that Rangel is a good player but has really no pace at all. Wallace's first game of the season and he's 32 and probably not up to speed yet. Our lack of pace at the back and lack of pace to recover is the main issue I feel.

Boro next week and if they haven't sacked Woodgate then that is the game to really have a go at them and get a win. get back on track.

So a draw and 2 defeats. 9th. Players being introduced into the team. Warburton said we would have difficult periods. It's how we get out of this mini one that counts. I am sure we will.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bad patch on 17:39 - Nov 2 with 3063 viewsWatford_Ranger

Glasses should still be very much half-full but you know what Rangers fans are like.

Praying Woodgate is given another game or two as they look dreadful and we tend to beat the dross.
Bad patch on 17:50 - Nov 2 with 3004 viewsstevec

It’s a strange league so far, plenty of competent sides but nothing showing yet as really outstanding.

A bit of a gamble when even the 15th placed club are only 4 points off play offs, but it must be churning in Tony’s mind whether we should go for it in January if we are still in touching distance come Xmas.

Tough call but you don’t get too many seasons like this.
Bad patch on 17:51 - Nov 2 with 2998 viewsCamberleyR

Boro don't concede many though, even for a team near the bottom. 19 in total and only 11 from 7 away games. A scrappy 1-0 win will do me fine.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Bad patch on 17:58 - Nov 2 with 2960 viewsted_hendrix

Bad patch on 17:39 - Nov 2 by Watford_Ranger

Glasses should still be very much half-full but you know what Rangers fans are like.

Praying Woodgate is given another game or two as they look dreadful and we tend to beat the dross.

Shyte but expected result today for me, one thing I just cant do Is put any faith in us keeping a clean sheet next week against Middlesbrough, our last two home games against clubs lower than us in the league we managed to concede five bloody goals.
This business about not keeping a clean sheet is and has been for a while a major concern (well it has for me anyway).
Said last week on here that this needs addressing and addressing pronto, its killing us at the moment.
Its something like 20 bloody games now.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Bad patch on 18:46 - Nov 2 with 2744 viewsThe_Seer

A severe lack of leadership in the squad. I was at the Reading game and you wouldn't have thought that a victory would have elevated us to 2nd in the table.

We have a few very good players who are having to carry our expectations on their shoulders and we also have our weak links. Weak in ability and mentally.
Bad patch on 19:05 - Nov 2 with 2671 viewsGroveR

Bad patch on 17:50 - Nov 2 by stevec

It’s a strange league so far, plenty of competent sides but nothing showing yet as really outstanding.

A bit of a gamble when even the 15th placed club are only 4 points off play offs, but it must be churning in Tony’s mind whether we should go for it in January if we are still in touching distance come Xmas.

Whatever's churning in Tony's mind, if he gets involved with the footballing side of the club it'll be the unmitigated disaster it's been the last 3 times he did it.
Bad patch on 19:06 - Nov 2 with 2663 viewsRangersw12

Bad patch on 18:46 - Nov 2 by The_Seer

A severe lack of leadership in the squad. I was at the Reading game and you wouldn't have thought that a victory would have elevated us to 2nd in the table.

We have a few very good players who are having to carry our expectations on their shoulders and we also have our weak links. Weak in ability and mentally.

You talking about QPR or Brentford ?
Bad patch on 19:10 - Nov 2 with 2646 viewsRangersw12

First time in years we've had an identity and we've certainly got something to build on

Its gonna take time so need to sell our assets at the right time and invest wisely.

I feel far better about where we are this season even though it's the same record at this time last season
Login to get fewer ads

Bad patch on 19:19 - Nov 2 with 2602 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bad patch on 19:10 - Nov 2 by Rangersw12

First time in years we've had an identity and we've certainly got something to build on

Its gonna take time so need to sell our assets at the right time and invest wisely.

I feel far better about where we are this season even though it's the same record at this time last season

Agreed.

Thought we did ok today. Leeds are just a very good side.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bad patch on 19:38 - Nov 2 with 2527 viewsdavman

Sorry, mate, not a tough call at all. I never want to see my club stretched like that again. We have spent nearly £300m and are worse when he took over.

No more please...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Bad patch on 20:15 - Nov 2 with 2398 viewsbosh67

Bad patch on 19:38 - Nov 2 by davman

Sorry, mate, not a tough call at all. I never want to see my club stretched like that again. We have spent nearly £300m and are worse when he took over.

No more please...

Agree 100%. New era for Qpr. Back to what we do best. Find and evolve youngsters with affordable experienced players. Play with an attacking style. Entertain, keep the finances tight. Talent and controlled vision over spending for success. I feel we are finally going in the right direction as a club with the right manager.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bad patch on 20:17 - Nov 2 with 2394 viewsJigsore

I don't really understand why we went for 2 strikers today against an obviously good side like Leeds. All it meant was we had 2 isolated players instead of one. Chair and Eze can retain and shield the ball so well but there never really seemed to be a pass on that moved us forwards so it was down to Eze to actually puncture that Leeds press with his dribbling. He did that of course with relish but we can't rely on one player to carry our entire attacking threat. I can't remember a single thing Dom Ball did in honesty. The balance isn't right there at all.

Wallace looked pretty decent but christ he's slow. the thought of starting him and Rangel in a back 4 doesn't bear thinking about

also think it was Mlakar who looked quite handy when he came on. Made some space for himself and produced a couple of good crosses. might be due a bit more game time.

but Middlesbrough are next and they're pants. Onwards we go

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Bad patch on 20:31 - Nov 2 with 2347 viewspaulparker

Bad patch on 20:17 - Nov 2 by Jigsore

I don't really understand why we went for 2 strikers today against an obviously good side like Leeds. All it meant was we had 2 isolated players instead of one. Chair and Eze can retain and shield the ball so well but there never really seemed to be a pass on that moved us forwards so it was down to Eze to actually puncture that Leeds press with his dribbling. He did that of course with relish but we can't rely on one player to carry our entire attacking threat. I can't remember a single thing Dom Ball did in honesty. The balance isn't right there at all.

Wallace looked pretty decent but christ he's slow. the thought of starting him and Rangel in a back 4 doesn't bear thinking about

also think it was Mlakar who looked quite handy when he came on. Made some space for himself and produced a couple of good crosses. might be due a bit more game time.

but Middlesbrough are next and they're pants. Onwards we go

I’d rather we played 2 up top attacking is our main strength in this team
The old QPR teams would have put 10 men behind the ball without a shot on goal, at least we had a go , if we can beat a poor Boro team next week we are back in the pack of the play offs
Still a lot to play for

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bad patch on 20:43 - Nov 2 with 2307 viewsJigsore

Bad patch on 20:31 - Nov 2 by paulparker

I’d rather we played 2 up top attacking is our main strength in this team
The old QPR teams would have put 10 men behind the ball without a shot on goal, at least we had a go , if we can beat a poor Boro team next week we are back in the pack of the play offs
Still a lot to play for

it's good to see at home most of the time or if we're going away to a weaker team but Leeds have been absolutely rock solid at the back this season because they control games so well. Wells was a peripheral figure and I don't blame him. We really needed the extra man there imo, and with Barbet out and the other CBs not really very adept at picking out a pass anyway it just meant the loss of another option.

also was the Hugill miss as bad as it looked? admittedly he was under pressure from the defender but couldn't be sure from that angle
[Post edited 2 Nov 2019 20:45]

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Bad patch on 21:33 - Nov 2 with 2188 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Given the cuts made this year to meet FFP thresholds, I doubt the board will be tempted to gamble in January. It's more likely that it will review matters at the end of this season and build on the current squad next summer.
Bad patch on 21:41 - Nov 2 with 2174 viewsThe_Seer

To invest wisely from the sale of players we need a board who are shewd negotiators and an excellent scouting system. Not convinced we have either.

I'm sure that Tony doesn't really have a lot of sway in how the club is run as he has a small shareholding.

We have a very good manager who is performing miracles with what is overall a poor squad of players. The board should back him in January he deserves it.
Bad patch on 01:41 - Nov 3 with 1925 viewsMatch82

Bad patch on 20:43 - Nov 2 by Jigsore

it's good to see at home most of the time or if we're going away to a weaker team but Leeds have been absolutely rock solid at the back this season because they control games so well. Wells was a peripheral figure and I don't blame him. We really needed the extra man there imo, and with Barbet out and the other CBs not really very adept at picking out a pass anyway it just meant the loss of another option.

also was the Hugill miss as bad as it looked? admittedly he was under pressure from the defender but couldn't be sure from that angle
[Post edited 2 Nov 2019 20:45]

Probably should have scored but not a patch on any of the chances Bamford had. Even in defeat that was hilarious, especially when he scored the disallowed goal.
Bad patch on 02:12 - Nov 3 with 1924 viewsstainrods_elbow

Bad patch on 21:41 - Nov 2 by The_Seer

To invest wisely from the sale of players we need a board who are shewd negotiators and an excellent scouting system. Not convinced we have either.

I'm sure that Tony doesn't really have a lot of sway in how the club is run as he has a small shareholding.

We have a very good manager who is performing miracles with what is overall a poor squad of players. The board should back him in January he deserves it.

A 'poor squad of players' that's 9th in the league, and has been even higher! So that makes 10th-24th, what - poorer to very poor?

Within current constraints, I do think two or three prudent additions in Jan. (while holding onto everyone we have, including he who makes the game look Eze) would be the ideal thing. Easier said than done, but we need a central defender and both more creativity and steel in midfield. I also think we're undermined by the goalkeeping situation. A lot depends on how this team can be coached and gelled as we go along, as well as injuries and confidence (to state the obvious).

Looking into my blue, white and crystal ball, I could see this season pannng out with us breathing down the top 6, slithering down to the bottom 6, or anything in between!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Bad patch on 07:47 - Nov 3 with 1744 viewsjonno

As I said here a couple of weeks ago, in my view we are no longer the sort of surprise package we were at the start of the season and we are going to find it much harder to pick up points for the rest of the season because everyone else in the league has seen where we are weak and where we are strong etc. Conceding so many goals is a real concern because it's a lot more difficult to nick a point or three when you might not really deserve it when you concede so easily. I think you will find that we will slide down the division from now on and unless we address the defending and tighten up at the back we could yet be sucked into a relegation battle, unlikely as that may seem. The manager has done superbly so far but it is now that he will really earn his corn.
Bad patch on 08:22 - Nov 3 with 1690 viewsThe_Seer

Bad patch on 02:12 - Nov 3 by stainrods_elbow

A 'poor squad of players' that's 9th in the league, and has been even higher! So that makes 10th-24th, what - poorer to very poor?

Within current constraints, I do think two or three prudent additions in Jan. (while holding onto everyone we have, including he who makes the game look Eze) would be the ideal thing. Easier said than done, but we need a central defender and both more creativity and steel in midfield. I also think we're undermined by the goalkeeping situation. A lot depends on how this team can be coached and gelled as we go along, as well as injuries and confidence (to state the obvious).

Looking into my blue, white and crystal ball, I could see this season pannng out with us breathing down the top 6, slithering down to the bottom 6, or anything in between!

Put some pressure on our defence, man mark Eze and we buckle everyone knows it. We are ninth yet our goal difference tells a whole different story.

The manager can only do so much with what he is given, he has done a remarkable job so far, with the resources at his disposal, we can't expect that to continue. I want us to move away from signing the likes of Ball, Pugh, Barbet, Cameron, Kane... average players with limited resell value. We'll also need to sign strikers in the summer, we don't own any.

Part of Hoos' remit should be to look for owners who can take the club forward. I don't see anything tangible being build at the club at the moment.
Bad patch on 08:59 - Nov 3 with 1616 viewsnix

Bad patch on 21:41 - Nov 2 by The_Seer

I think this is nonsense. Our scouting system's been steadily improving since the disasters of the Hughes and Redknapp eras. Do you really have such a short memory? We've been rebuilding our reputation as a club that brings on players and I believe that takes a while. If I had a talented youngster I wouldn't have sent him to a club that never develops players into the first team when I have Brentford and Fulham up the road. As for more experienced players we've had to get them for literally nothing. Until we sell a few we won't be able to spend because of FFP. We need to be patient over several seasons, not just a few weeks.
Bad patch on 10:20 - Nov 3 with 1514 viewsbosh67

Bad patch on 08:59 - Nov 3 by nix

I think this is nonsense. Our scouting system's been steadily improving since the disasters of the Hughes and Redknapp eras. Do you really have such a short memory? We've been rebuilding our reputation as a club that brings on players and I believe that takes a while. If I had a talented youngster I wouldn't have sent him to a club that never develops players into the first team when I have Brentford and Fulham up the road. As for more experienced players we've had to get them for literally nothing. Until we sell a few we won't be able to spend because of FFP. We need to be patient over several seasons, not just a few weeks.

Spot on.

Anyone who thinks we are going up or a play-off team this season is deluded.

This is new QPR. Better QPR. Better run QPR. Better coached QPR. Better ethical QPR. Sustainable QPR. Entertaining QPR. Evolving QPR. Proper QPR.

Throw talented people at this now, not heaps of cash. It didn't work.

We need to be the Ajax of London with that academy mentality.

Another 4-5 year plan, evolving with this management and evolving the squad with the right controls.

Never knowingly right.

Bad patch on 10:23 - Nov 3 with 1506 viewsdaveB

so far this season we are beating the teams who should finish bottom half and losing to the ones going for promotion which I think is OK and if it continues we should have our best league finish since 2014. Next weekend is a big game for us though as it's important to get out of these little dips as quick as you can before it becomes something more serious.
Bad patch on 11:00 - Nov 3 with 1427 viewsWatford_Ranger

Dare we admit it but I think this team misses Barbet.

The best balance for this squad IMO is 5 at the back with Manning-Barbet-Leistner-Hall-Kane across the back. Not perfect but the best we have (haven’t seen Wallace in the flesh to comment).
Bad patch on 13:41 - Nov 3 with 1223 viewsfrancisbowles

Bad patch on 11:00 - Nov 3 by Watford_Ranger

Dare we admit it but I think this team misses Barbet.

The best balance for this squad IMO is 5 at the back with Manning-Barbet-Leistner-Hall-Kane across the back. Not perfect but the best we have (haven’t seen Wallace in the flesh to comment).

Yes, I think we miss him, he gives that left sided balance to the centre of defence. I think that was why we tried Wallace in his position yesterday rather than young Masterson.

I think that Leistner, much as he can have good games and doesn't get bullied, is the weakest link as he regularly gets caught out of position and/or for pace. However, we don't really have a suitable alternative, yet.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2019 13:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024