Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why we’re struggling against the better teams 21:51 - Nov 2 with 1392 viewsdannyblue

Not just because they’re better! I think we’re playing too fast. I know that’s not normally a complaint. But I don’t think it’s helping us against the better teams. We’re pinging balls into midfield to marked players who try to lay it off and receive the return. If they’re closed down the option, as often as not, moves forward to make space to receive. It looks sublime against a Luton. But I think others (Brentford, WBA, Reading, Leeds) have worked out how to play against it. And if it doesn’t come off we’re left wide open on the transition. What beats us is not a high press as such, which we’re pretty good at passing around, it’s marking 1 for 1 on our midfield and staying tight. Getting all the quick passes right is very difficult, and as soon as one goes wrong they can spring. We can knock it around well. Against the better or more physical teams, I think we’re better off playing it slower, safer and keeping possession and not trying to move through the thirds quite so fast. Keep it. Work it to manning and play percentage balls into the box.
Why we’re struggling against the better teams on 23:35 - Nov 2 with 1176 viewsplasmahoop

You may well be right. I've had many Stella's tonight, and your analysis has blown my mind
Why we’re struggling against the better teams on 08:46 - Nov 3 with 953 viewsDubaiR

I get what you say but I think it's the opposite. We moved the ball very slowly today inviting pressure and being closed down, at the same time we did press high enough meaning their defence had time to pick a pass.

How many times have we had an attacking corner and its ended up back at the feet of Kelly.
Why we’re struggling against the better teams on 09:14 - Nov 3 with 915 viewsHastings_Hoops

Isn’t it a given that you tend to beat worse teams because they are worse and lose to better teams Because they are better? With a summer transfer budget of £50k, there probably should be about 20 better teams this season!
Why we’re struggling against the better teams on 11:14 - Nov 3 with 811 viewsenfieldargh

if anything since the first half V luton and 2nd half v Hull we havnt moved the ball fast enough with players hesitating, unsure of not only their passing precision but the oppositions pressing game.

Theres also been a lack of movement from our forward players when compared to the Luton, Hull games.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024