Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right 14:24 - Nov 4 with 3642 viewsTonto

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50288398

Cardiff's position really sticks in my throat. It seems like a very mucky way to deal with a very sad situation. one assumes they hadn't taken out the insurance policy in time.

But surely this is part of the claim against the plane operators who would have insurance? Afterall the liability lies with them.

take responsibility and stop taking nsnowflakery to the limit (or am I being biased because its Cardiff?)

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 14:59 - Nov 4 with 3592 viewsMatch82

I think it's a disgusting stance that Cardiff are taking. They are treating the transaction like a package that someone failed to deliver, this was a person not a new blender you've ordered off Amazon, have some respect for the man and his family
Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 15:23 - Nov 4 with 3546 viewsNorthernr

Isn't the problem with that that the flight was dodgy as fck, unlicensed and contrary to all sorts of rules and regs and therefore almost certainly not insured?
Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 15:53 - Nov 4 with 3479 viewsPinnerPaul

They've only ordered them to pay 1 instalment - I'm sure Nantes would have accepted 50% of the fee for example.

Should have all been sorted behind closed doors soon after the accident, just not right to drag it all through the courts for months on end.
Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 16:02 - Nov 4 with 3454 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 15:23 - Nov 4 by Northernr

Isn't the problem with that that the flight was dodgy as fck, unlicensed and contrary to all sorts of rules and regs and therefore almost certainly not insured?

Yes, and according to Cardiff, the flight was booked by the agents who were employed by Nantes to find a buyer for the player.
Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 17:23 - Nov 4 with 3331 viewsWatford_Ranger

Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 14:59 - Nov 4 by Match82

I think it's a disgusting stance that Cardiff are taking. They are treating the transaction like a package that someone failed to deliver, this was a person not a new blender you've ordered off Amazon, have some respect for the man and his family

That’s fine but could you not say the same of Nantes? If we’d just been relegated I’d hope we’d do everything we could to not pay £Xm for literally nothing in return.
Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 19:36 - Nov 4 with 3148 viewsMatch82

Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 17:23 - Nov 4 by Watford_Ranger

That’s fine but could you not say the same of Nantes? If we’d just been relegated I’d hope we’d do everything we could to not pay £Xm for literally nothing in return.

Honestly I'd be disappointed in us if we tried to get out of paying that fee in the same situation. I know you hear the phrase football is a business a lot, but it shouldn't be. At it's best football had nothing to do with business and everything about coming together as a community
Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 19:52 - Nov 4 with 3121 viewsTomS

Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 15:53 - Nov 4 by PinnerPaul

They've only ordered them to pay 1 instalment - I'm sure Nantes would have accepted 50% of the fee for example.

Should have all been sorted behind closed doors soon after the accident, just not right to drag it all through the courts for months on end.

Cardiff have effectively been told that they have to honour the terms of the transfer. They can only be told to pay the first instalment as parts two and three don't full due until Jan '20 and Jan '21, so Cardiff aren't (yet) in arrears on those payments.
Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 20:01 - Nov 4 with 3112 viewssmegma

The words Cardiff and class were divorced about 15 years ago and nothing's changed. Show some respect to the players family.
Login to get fewer ads

Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 23:49 - Nov 4 with 2922 viewscardiffanimal

Put sentiment to one side business is business. Until the full facts and legal process has been fully utilised it’s best to stay out of things you know nothing about. It is a tragic situation but ultimately Nantes will get compensated in the form of negligence.
Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 00:13 - Nov 5 with 2902 viewsdistortR

Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 23:49 - Nov 4 by cardiffanimal

Put sentiment to one side business is business. Until the full facts and legal process has been fully utilised it’s best to stay out of things you know nothing about. It is a tragic situation but ultimately Nantes will get compensated in the form of negligence.

"Business is business".

It's football, mate. If it's only a business, we might as well all of us down here walk away now.
Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 09:45 - Nov 5 with 2765 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't understand your last sentence, sorry.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 09:48 - Nov 5 with 2759 viewsCroydonCaptJack

To be fair we do not know all of the facts and I suspect the sentiment on here would be very different if this was us and not Cardiff.
Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 10:50 - Nov 5 with 2704 viewsstevec

Sounds from the PSC ruling that he was a registered Cardiff player.

Must admit, at £15 mill you'd imagine Cardiff should have insisted on a commercial flight to England and a cavalcade to get him over the Severn Bridge.

At the very minimum use services that might actually be insured.
Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 12:39 - Nov 5 with 2591 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 09:48 - Nov 5 by CroydonCaptJack

To be fair we do not know all of the facts and I suspect the sentiment on here would be very different if this was us and not Cardiff.

I disagree. Most, if not all, the key facts have been publicised. FIFA has published full reasons for its decision. Definitely enough facts available to offer an opinion on a message board.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 12:47]
Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 12:46 - Nov 5 with 2583 viewsBenny_the_Ball

If "business is business" then Cardiff should pay because according to Fifa the transfer was concluded. It is Cardiff who are pleading negligence as they argue Nantes are liable for damages to them over the flight because they say it was booked by the McKay's.

Personally I think that both clubs should show a bit of class by splitting the difference and making a donation to charity.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 12:50]
Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 14:00 - Nov 5 with 2473 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 12:39 - Nov 5 by Benny_the_Ball

I disagree. Most, if not all, the key facts have been publicised. FIFA has published full reasons for its decision. Definitely enough facts available to offer an opinion on a message board.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 12:47]

I hadn't appreciated that.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 14:39]
Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 15:56 - Nov 5 with 2407 viewsPinnerPaul

Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 19:52 - Nov 4 by TomS

Cardiff have effectively been told that they have to honour the terms of the transfer. They can only be told to pay the first instalment as parts two and three don't full due until Jan '20 and Jan '21, so Cardiff aren't (yet) in arrears on those payments.

Ah OK - thanks for that - I can see now why this ruling only applies to the 1st instalment.
Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 16:02 - Nov 5 with 2399 viewsRangersDave

FCUK em all!

2 blokes lost their lives and they are bickering about money.
Thats all what is wrong with the game right there!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 09:25 - Nov 6 with 2166 viewsfrancisbowles

Sala transfer - this doesnt eem right on 10:50 - Nov 5 by stevec

Sounds from the PSC ruling that he was a registered Cardiff player.

Must admit, at £15 mill you'd imagine Cardiff should have insisted on a commercial flight to England and a cavalcade to get him over the Severn Bridge.

At the very minimum use services that might actually be insured.

Do we know it wasn't insured or is it that as the pilot didn't have a valid license to carry passengers and therefore an insurance company has cancelled cover?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024