Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help needed 12:53 - Nov 7 with 3084 viewsstowmarketrange

We are going from loftus road to Wembley straight after the game on Saturday.Can anyone tell me the quickest way to get there please?
I normally get on the tube at white city after games so I don’t know whether it’s possible to get a bus there in reasonable time?There is a bus stop on Wood Lane but I haven’t got a clue what buses stop there or where they go.The tube will take too long,so bus or cab looks like the only way to get there in 35 mins.
Unless anyone is passing by in an empty minibus of course.
Help needed on 15:41 - Nov 10 with 696 viewsstowmarketrange

Help needed on 15:20 - Nov 10 by smegma

Lucky you left HQ early then, otherwise you would have missed the whole game at Wembley. I watched the second half on BBC and I bet you wish you hadn't bothered,

It wasn’t the most exciting game I’ve seen,but international friendly games aren’t normally any good.
It was missing a big chunk of both games that concerned me most,but my daughter and granddaughter wanted to leave our game early enough to make Wembley in time,but we didn’t even manage that.
I’d also forgotten how much climbing there was to get to the very back row of level 5 at Wembley.I almost felt sorry for any derby fans who had to make the same climb in 2014.Only almost.
Help needed on 15:47 - Nov 10 with 678 viewsTacticalR

Help needed on 01:34 - Nov 10 by stowmarketrange

We left 1 minute after the boro 2nd goal and quickly made our way to Wood Lane and jumped on a 220 bus to Willesden Junction,but I hadn’t allowed for the traffic.
We took our seats at Wembley at virtually 6pm,so a journey time of roughly 90 minutes,not the 32 that tfl were advertising on their website.
I gather we didn’t miss much at loftus road.

I wondered how you had got on.

When you were asking about the journey yesterday, I did try to factor in what would be the most reliable journey time. Even if you had taken a taxi you I presume you would have hit the same traffic problems.

I can't really see how TfL can offer reliable estimates on bus journeys (especially long ones). At least the tube is predictable (in theory).

Air hostess clique

Help needed on 15:54 - Nov 10 with 661 viewsstowmarketrange

Help needed on 15:47 - Nov 10 by TacticalR

I wondered how you had got on.

When you were asking about the journey yesterday, I did try to factor in what would be the most reliable journey time. Even if you had taken a taxi you I presume you would have hit the same traffic problems.

I can't really see how TfL can offer reliable estimates on bus journeys (especially long ones). At least the tube is predictable (in theory).

In hindsight I wish we’d got the tube instead,but there was a 220 bus,very closely followed by 2 others and I thought it might be quicker that way rather than the sporadic tube from Wood Lane.
There’s no fool like an old fool with a limited knowledge of bus timetables and traffic patterns around the Harlesden area on Saturday teatimes.
At least they couldn’t blame me for getting there late.
Help needed on 17:39 - Nov 10 with 618 viewsTacticalR

Talking of the underground, there was an FT article this week 'London Underground: the dirtiest place in the city' which looked at the levels of pollution on the underground. The FT found that the most polluted line was the Central Line, and the most polluted part of the Central Line was between Notting Hill Gate and Bond Street.

The article is behind a paywall, but the 5-minute video that goes with the article is viewable here:
https://next-media-api.ft.com/renditions/15729065349690/1280x720.mp4
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 17:43]

Air hostess clique

Help needed on 18:04 - Nov 10 with 602 viewsstowmarketrange

Help needed on 17:39 - Nov 10 by TacticalR

Talking of the underground, there was an FT article this week 'London Underground: the dirtiest place in the city' which looked at the levels of pollution on the underground. The FT found that the most polluted line was the Central Line, and the most polluted part of the Central Line was between Notting Hill Gate and Bond Street.

The article is behind a paywall, but the 5-minute video that goes with the article is viewable here:
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 17:43]

What do they mean by polluted?Is it the litter on the stations?Is it the air quality on the platforms?
Help needed on 18:21 - Nov 10 with 590 viewsTacticalR

Help needed on 18:04 - Nov 10 by stowmarketrange

What do they mean by polluted?Is it the litter on the stations?Is it the air quality on the platforms?

'The FT research measured fine particles known as PM2.5, which are about one-thirtieth the width of a human hair and can penetrate deep into the lungs.'

'The FT found that the stretch of Central line track between Bond Street and Notting Hill Gate was the most polluted, and peaked at more than eight times the London-wide roadside average for PM2.5, which was 12.6 micrograms (ug) per cubic metre over the past 12 months.'

You can see in the video the devices they used to measure PM2.5:

Air hostess clique

Help needed on 18:37 - Nov 10 with 574 viewsstowmarketrange

Help needed on 18:21 - Nov 10 by TacticalR

'The FT research measured fine particles known as PM2.5, which are about one-thirtieth the width of a human hair and can penetrate deep into the lungs.'

'The FT found that the stretch of Central line track between Bond Street and Notting Hill Gate was the most polluted, and peaked at more than eight times the London-wide roadside average for PM2.5, which was 12.6 micrograms (ug) per cubic metre over the past 12 months.'

You can see in the video the devices they used to measure PM2.5:

Ok.Thanks.
Help needed on 19:32 - Nov 10 with 550 viewssmegma

Meanwhile, Shepherds Bush Green was shown to be the most polluted 'open space' in London about 2 years ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024