Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Argh!! Warburton... 17:20 - Nov 9 with 3199 viewsHunterhoop

Very very frustrating.

I think Warburton got today all wrong. Totally wrong. Wrong team. Wrong subs and completely the wrong style.

Trying to play out with your two main centre halves missing, a new back 5 that hasn’t played together, on a lightning fast wet pitch, in driving rain...???

Just channel it you fools and get a bad Boro team turned and faving their box and then play in their half only.

Absolute football basics.

And those 3 centre halves...? Jesus Christ. Cameron looked like a grandad. The whole defence was soft as sh*t. We lost practically every header.

Argh!! Warburton... on 17:25 - Nov 9 with 3160 viewsbosh67

I think the defence is way too slow and that is starting to be picked up by most opposing teams. It has no pace at all, especially to recover. However, we are making so many basic errors and so often that it is starting to effect their confidence. I also looked at the line up today and for the first time felt a little nervous that we may actually get turned over. Need to get some confidence back quickly.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Argh!! Warburton... on 18:02 - Nov 9 with 2980 viewsStanisgod

Well Manning in front of Wallace didn't work did it? Do we not watch teams before we play them, Boro as awful as us defending crosses, made for Hugill all game. Same as the Reading game, made a bad side look good.
Then again when you give the ball away in your own half 20 times a game anyone will punish you.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Argh!! Warburton... on 18:16 - Nov 9 with 2912 viewsRangersw12

2 points dropped but I enjoyed it again today which is what it's all about isn't it !
Argh!! Warburton... on 19:20 - Nov 9 with 2742 viewspaulparker

Spot on Hunter I was scratching my head at just wells up top against a very poor Boro team
Also when we kick off why do we have to be so slow and sloppy we never got got going
Lumley again was poor
A defender & goalkeeper wouldn’t go amiss if we still have those funds in January

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Argh!! Warburton... on 19:24 - Nov 9 with 2709 viewsThe_Seer

Argh!! Warburton... on 17:25 - Nov 9 by bosh67

I think the defence is way too slow and that is starting to be picked up by most opposing teams. It has no pace at all, especially to recover. However, we are making so many basic errors and so often that it is starting to effect their confidence. I also looked at the line up today and for the first time felt a little nervous that we may actually get turned over. Need to get some confidence back quickly.

The manager can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. We have some talented players but we also have some duds. He also might have the headache of losing a striker in January.

The board need to back the manager.
Argh!! Warburton... on 20:14 - Nov 9 with 2585 viewsNorthantsHoop

I still think we are at best a mid table team. The football is better this season but was worried when saw midfield line up. Samuel should be in there could have caused some problems. Chair looked out of sorts today,but we are doing well just failing to kill off teams and stop conceding easy goals. But we are not going on these 3 plus losing game runs we were previous seasons.
Argh!! Warburton... on 20:31 - Nov 9 with 2515 viewsfrancisbowles

Argh!! Warburton... on 20:14 - Nov 9 by NorthantsHoop

I still think we are at best a mid table team. The football is better this season but was worried when saw midfield line up. Samuel should be in there could have caused some problems. Chair looked out of sorts today,but we are doing well just failing to kill off teams and stop conceding easy goals. But we are not going on these 3 plus losing game runs we were previous seasons.

No but...... it's now four without a win and three of those were at home. We now take that to Fulham on Sky.
I'm getting a bit worried now!
Argh!! Warburton... on 20:47 - Nov 9 with 2453 viewsozexile

Totally agree, playing out from the back is great. But you have to make the opposition think and guess about what you're gonna do. You have to mix it up.
Login to get fewer ads

Argh!! Warburton... on 20:51 - Nov 9 with 2441 viewsWatford_Ranger

I was a fan of the five at the back and perhaps with Leistner and Barbet available it’s still our best option but fking Cameron was woeful again and Hall not much better. Sacrificing BOS and Hugill to accommodate fking Cameron fk me sideways.

On the plus side, I thought Lumley did well all things considered. Amos can at least receive the ball and turn which is something. Ball was good as he normally is. Manning can cross a ball. When Eze and Chair are close to each other we tick. Wells took his only chance and Hugill missed a sitter.

Still glass half-full.
Argh!! Warburton... on 22:39 - Nov 9 with 2153 viewsYokelR

We do not have players with enough ability to play out from the back? So many times today we almost lost the ball in and around the penalty area but got way with it. Poor boro side, 2 points lost today imho. Need to impose ourselves.

Other comment id make referee totally inept today for both sides, at no stage in charge of the game, failed to stop things like failing to retreat 10 yards all afternoon. Ineffectual -is this really the best available at this level?
Argh!! Warburton... on 10:18 - Nov 10 with 1845 viewsnix

Argh!! Warburton... on 22:39 - Nov 9 by YokelR

We do not have players with enough ability to play out from the back? So many times today we almost lost the ball in and around the penalty area but got way with it. Poor boro side, 2 points lost today imho. Need to impose ourselves.

Other comment id make referee totally inept today for both sides, at no stage in charge of the game, failed to stop things like failing to retreat 10 yards all afternoon. Ineffectual -is this really the best available at this level?

In fairness none of the referees are enforcing the ten yards rule unless it's around the penalty area. I've noticed this all season. Players just stand in front of the ball blatantly so it would be impossible to take a quick free kick.

Personally I prefer refs that don't give a free kick every time there's minimal contact. It means there's no flow to the game. The only thing that annoyed me was letting Middlesbrough try and referee the game by picking up and moving our freekicks to where they thought they should be etc.
Argh!! Warburton... on 11:09 - Nov 10 with 1779 viewsozranger

Argh!! Warburton... on 10:18 - Nov 10 by nix

In fairness none of the referees are enforcing the ten yards rule unless it's around the penalty area. I've noticed this all season. Players just stand in front of the ball blatantly so it would be impossible to take a quick free kick.

Personally I prefer refs that don't give a free kick every time there's minimal contact. It means there's no flow to the game. The only thing that annoyed me was letting Middlesbrough try and referee the game by picking up and moving our freekicks to where they thought they should be etc.

I thought the ref was quite reasonable yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if Clive gave him at least a 7. The only concerns in that area were the throw-ins where the two (ref and assistant) had to guess and, on occasions, got it wrong. There were no serious mistakes, as compared to the players.

Also, when I was getting off the train near home there was a guy in a QPR jacket with his young son, perhaps 7 or so with a QPR shirt under his jacket. We had a quick chat and although his son is still to see a win in the three games he has been, he is enjoying it and wants to go to more games. Perhaps this, sort of, attractive open-play football is actually helping bring in more of the young fans of the future.
Argh!! Warburton... on 11:24 - Nov 10 with 1750 viewsWatford_Ranger

Argh!! Warburton... on 11:09 - Nov 10 by ozranger

I thought the ref was quite reasonable yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if Clive gave him at least a 7. The only concerns in that area were the throw-ins where the two (ref and assistant) had to guess and, on occasions, got it wrong. There were no serious mistakes, as compared to the players.

Also, when I was getting off the train near home there was a guy in a QPR jacket with his young son, perhaps 7 or so with a QPR shirt under his jacket. We had a quick chat and although his son is still to see a win in the three games he has been, he is enjoying it and wants to go to more games. Perhaps this, sort of, attractive open-play football is actually helping bring in more of the young fans of the future.

I had to grow up watching dire football and it’s only fair they do too. Boooo sort it out.
Argh!! Warburton... on 12:50 - Nov 10 with 1642 viewspaulparker

Argh!! Warburton... on 11:09 - Nov 10 by ozranger

The ref was shocking , he gave them everything with a slightest touch yet ignored Blanton’s fouls on our players he was well out of his depth

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Argh!! Warburton... on 13:15 - Nov 10 with 1591 viewsstevec

Argh!! Warburton... on 12:50 - Nov 10 by paulparker

The ref was shocking , he gave them everything with a slightest touch yet ignored Blanton’s fouls on our players he was well out of his depth

That said, I’ve still no idea why their early goal was disallowed and I can think of quite a few refs who would have interpreted Wallace well carried out tackle as a penalty.

Thought the major decisions went in our favour. What’s annoying is when we get a bit of luck, I’m trying to work out how we led at HT, we still don’t take advantage.
Argh!! Warburton... on 11:34 - Nov 13 with 1228 viewsrobith

Most importantly, did everyone see Warbz in his box fresh yeezies????

Woo, man out there doing bits
Argh!! Warburton... on 13:10 - Nov 13 with 1098 viewsW7Ranger

Argh!! Warburton... on 19:20 - Nov 9 by paulparker

Spot on Hunter I was scratching my head at just wells up top against a very poor Boro team
Also when we kick off why do we have to be so slow and sloppy we never got got going
Lumley again was poor
A defender & goalkeeper wouldn’t go amiss if we still have those funds in January

Why was Lumley poor?

He handled the ball well when he had to. His kicking and passing the ball out was fine.

Not really sure he done anything wrong tbh.
Argh!! Warburton... on 15:06 - Nov 13 with 1049 viewskensalriser

Argh!! Warburton... on 11:34 - Nov 13 by robith

Thanks for the education, I had no idea about this footwear. Now, if anything, I am even less likely to acquire a pair as I'll be more conscious to avoid them.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Argh!! Warburton... on 15:07 - Nov 13 with 1045 viewsMick_S

Argh!! Warburton... on 11:34 - Nov 13 by robith

69 reg Claire Rayners.

I had to look them up as well. You down with the kids Roby.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2019 15:09]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024