Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC 18:47 - Nov 9 with 6063 viewsstainrods_elbow

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50271673

No idea what the hell is going on with the incompetent BBC today re reporting our game. First they report all kinds of players are missing for Boro who turn out not to be, then apparently Woodgate seems to be telling the world they won! Is it me going mad?

As for Warburton's post-match comments, I'm worried! For the second week running, he responds to our allowing the division's lowest scorers to increase their season's goal tally by 10% on our patch by flimsily bleating that 'we're human', and then talks about how (as the division's third top scorers!) we're not clinical enough in front of goal. It's just perverse!

I do more and more get the feeling, partly because he brought in Barbet, Kane and Wallace, he's in denial about criticising any of them - but especially Barbet. We could and should have won today, and the manager needs to work out how we're going to progress from having one third of a decent side - the attack - to a properly functioning team.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 18:48]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 13:49 - Nov 10 with 1677 viewskitkev

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 09:33 - Nov 10 by TacticalR

I see super Matt Smith got the winner for you in extra time yesterday.

yes mate and the anoraks are suicidal 24 years since they last beat us smith is ing what he does best a sub that piles pressure on the defence, in rowett we have seen the difference in style more on the floor all said and done dont care how we play so long as we win
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 17:21 - Nov 10 with 1579 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 22:21 - Nov 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

.... doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

With defense...

It's bad coaching and Warburton needs to take responsibility not to brush it off.

I'm going to say it again- how the *** do you as a coach stop the brain fart that was the Nakhi Wells pass to an unmarked oppo player?
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 17:30 - Nov 10 with 1559 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 17:21 - Nov 10 by PinnerPaul

I'm going to say it again- how the *** do you as a coach stop the brain fart that was the Nakhi Wells pass to an unmarked oppo player?

Yep.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 18:31 - Nov 10 with 1522 viewsPunteR

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 23:47 - Nov 9 by CiderwithRsie

Oh God, please don't let's start this again.

Apart from anything else, Holloway was a great servant to the club in many varied ways and while I personally think Warburton a better coach I don't want to express that by denigrating Ollie.

But (as I've said with every coach since Ollie's last spell inclusive) can we also please just keep off the manager's back for at least one season, until they've had a chance to make a real difference?

100% agree with you.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

No subject on 18:56 - Nov 10 with 1494 viewsAntti_Heinola

No subject on 18:49 - Nov 9 by stainrods_elbow

I realise that, of course, but was talking about the season as a whole.

any decent manager protects his players and doesn't criticise individuals.

Bare bones.

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 18:57 - Nov 10 with 1494 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 22:44 - Nov 9 by TomS

I watched the highlights and thought we were fortunate to get a draw. I didn't see anything wrong with their disallowed goal, thought we should have conceded a penalty and suspected our first goal was offside. It could easily have been a completely different result.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 22:53]

That's the problem with highlights.
Only one team was celebrating a draw at the end.

Bare bones.

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 23:39 - Nov 10 with 1400 viewsdaveB

I thought he called it right again, we were poor first half but got the lead then had several chances to kill the game off but didn't take them, a few good saves and a few times we got into great positions and the final ball was poor. Game should have been dead and buried before Wells brain fart.

I didn't think the defence was that bad yesterday, for me it was the midfield that didn't really work
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 00:33 - Nov 11 with 1378 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 18:57 - Nov 10 by Antti_Heinola

That's the problem with highlights.
Only one team was celebrating a draw at the end.

Not flogging the proverbial horse but I thought we had given away that penalty for sure with it being a tackle from behind and some shirt grabbing .I am sure nobody would have been stunned had he pointed to the spot .Their goal that was called offside looked good on the highlights and Wells did look off for the opener .However like you say Antti the package is just an overview and not the buts and bolts of every play.
While we had a few chances the shots were all perfect height for Randolph its a shame they were not daisy cutters into the corners but no time to place them.
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 00:40 - Nov 11 with 1377 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 09:23 - Nov 10 by gazza1

Come on lads, lets get real.

Yes it was disappionting but we played ok, not great, not bad and we did enough to win. Two bad errors cost us dearly. The first I would look at Manning and Hall, the second was a poor back pass. Dispite that we had two opportunities to win the match but Hugill missed them both. Overall, we are doing pretty well across the board, on and off the pitch. I'm enjoying this season more than any of the past several seasons - we are not perfect but we are far more entertaining than we have been for several years.

As for the Manager......top dollar imho. Please dont compare him with Hollaway's last years here because Warburton would win in every category.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 9:24]

Manning did his Job IMO getting back goalside and blocking his opponent off long enough for Hall to blast it clear but he did not come across and the rest is history .Either way they were 2 stupid goals to give them but its a regular occurrence and the posters are up in arms.
As well as we are playing in attack if we could cut out the gift goals to opponents we will be fine.Getting through the winter slog requires some ugly 1-0 wins or draws because the free flowing play wont be as easy .Teams will score on us its just we help them do it more than most
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 08:16 - Nov 11 with 1322 viewsWatford_Ranger

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 17:21 - Nov 10 by PinnerPaul

Couldn’t agree more. Even if the manager’s instruction is to play out, part of being a professional footballer is having the brain to judge a situation. No one has scored a goal from row Z.

There were a few times we looked like getting caught but bravery in possession created good chances to attack. There’s a balance.
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 08:23 - Nov 11 with 1310 viewspaulparker

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 08:52 - Nov 10 by Hastings_Hoops

Supporters asking if progress has been made - please define ‘progress’.

In April this year we had a running annual loss of £15m OVER the acceptable financial loss allowed under FFP, with one or two assets (freeman and furlong) which could be sold for a pittance given the situation we found ourselves in. We were turgid, boring and the club was flat. We were heading for a points deduction under FFP which would have relegated us.

In November this year we have cleared the annual loss of £15m over that which is acceptable to FFP, avoided FFP. We have some headroom apparently. We have two assets which all other Championship clubs would give their right arm for. Players which are being watched by half of the Premier league for the January transfer windows AND we don’t need to sell at rock bottom price this time. We have a couple of other youngsters coming through to take over when these two are sold. The football is attractive and unpredictable but/therefore exciting.

So yes in summary Warburton, Eustace, Hoos, Les and Amit have worked miracles to put right the disaster created by others and we have made huge progress in FIVE months. THAT’S FIVE MONTHS!!!.

Aside from the clear progress made from top to bottom at the club and if just focusing on progress on the pitch, one barometer as to ‘progress’ - Nahki’s goal total this season (already), vs his total last season (progress in itself because of the type of football we are playing).

This is the best thing that could have happened to QPR this season. Let’s not lose sight of that because of a few rainy days on the pitch.

Good post
Although I did think Warburton got the selection wrong for Saturday but all that aside this team is like Barcelona compared to the dross Mclaren served up and we are punching above our weight compared to some clubs
I think it’s fair to say we won’t get into the play offs so let’s just enjoy it and enjoy Eze before he is eventually sold

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 09:48 - Nov 11 with 1245 viewswestberksr

agree; 80% honesty to us without being too specific and then can give the squad what for/cuddle/punch in the face behind closed doors and try to iron out the creases
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 12:05 - Nov 11 with 1168 viewsYorkRanger

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 08:23 - Nov 11 by paulparker

Good post
Although I did think Warburton got the selection wrong for Saturday but all that aside this team is like Barcelona compared to the dross Mclaren served up and we are punching above our weight compared to some clubs
I think it’s fair to say we won’t get into the play offs so let’s just enjoy it and enjoy Eze before he is eventually sold

This and Hastings post too.

Some of the stuff I've seen on Twitter (and less so on here) makes me scratch my head.

I think what Warburton has done in such a short space of time is nothing short of a miracle. We are playing our best football for years, winning games that last season we would have lost, winning away from home and generally have an identity and team spirit that seems to have been missing for a long time.

I'm absolutely loving this season so far. Yes we are conceding more goals than we would like and anyone who doesn't think Warburton isn't trying to address this is kidding themselves. The fact that he is not critical of players in public over this aspect is, I think, a good thing.

We are so far ahead of where I thought we would be this season. If it carries on as is (generally beating the poorer teams and losing to the better sides) then this season will be a massive success and hopefully provide a platform to build on next season.
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 12:29 - Nov 11 with 1130 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 00:40 - Nov 11 by CLAREMAN1995

Manning did his Job IMO getting back goalside and blocking his opponent off long enough for Hall to blast it clear but he did not come across and the rest is history .Either way they were 2 stupid goals to give them but its a regular occurrence and the posters are up in arms.
As well as we are playing in attack if we could cut out the gift goals to opponents we will be fine.Getting through the winter slog requires some ugly 1-0 wins or draws because the free flowing play wont be as easy .Teams will score on us its just we help them do it more than most

Surely this was Wallace, not Hall?
Haven't seen it a second time, but from first viewing, Manning just stopped and assumed. Thought it was totally his fault, in another excellent game for him otherwise.

Bare bones.

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 12:42 - Nov 11 with 1108 viewsWatford_Ranger

Yeah at the time it looked like Wallace’s ball but Manning is the one at fault for me.
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 13:59 - Nov 11 with 1022 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 08:16 - Nov 11 by Watford_Ranger

Couldn’t agree more. Even if the manager’s instruction is to play out, part of being a professional footballer is having the brain to judge a situation. No one has scored a goal from row Z.

There were a few times we looked like getting caught but bravery in possession created good chances to attack. There’s a balance.

I agree 100% with that last bit. The scenario that gets me and judging by the reaction around me, others as well is the sequence

Lumley - Hall - Lumley - Wallace - Lumley by this time Lumley is in a worse place than he was at the start and both Wallace and Hall are now closed down.

If short pass isn't on after 1/2 attempts then you have go long, not back to Lumley for a 3rd time.
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 14:36 - Nov 11 with 998 viewsdaveB

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 13:59 - Nov 11 by PinnerPaul

I agree 100% with that last bit. The scenario that gets me and judging by the reaction around me, others as well is the sequence

Lumley - Hall - Lumley - Wallace - Lumley by this time Lumley is in a worse place than he was at the start and both Wallace and Hall are now closed down.

If short pass isn't on after 1/2 attempts then you have go long, not back to Lumley for a 3rd time.

You also need one of the midfield to come and want the ball and create an angle which i didn't think we did well at the weekend
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 14:59 - Nov 11 with 980 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 14:36 - Nov 11 by daveB

You also need one of the midfield to come and want the ball and create an angle which i didn't think we did well at the weekend

I agree Dave its not the 'fault' of the back 3/Lumley per se - but once a short pass isn't on, for whatever reason, then practicality should then come into it.

For this particular aspect, then of course the coaches DO need to take some of the blame.

I've been on matches this season, where I've thought there is no way on earth this team should be attempting to play out from the back, they are just not up to it - clearly the coaches want them to play that way regardless
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 15:32 - Nov 11 with 961 viewskensalriser

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 14:59 - Nov 11 by PinnerPaul

I agree Dave its not the 'fault' of the back 3/Lumley per se - but once a short pass isn't on, for whatever reason, then practicality should then come into it.

For this particular aspect, then of course the coaches DO need to take some of the blame.

I've been on matches this season, where I've thought there is no way on earth this team should be attempting to play out from the back, they are just not up to it - clearly the coaches want them to play that way regardless

Agreed. Surprised we haven't conceded more from this. All the oppo needs to do is heavily bad rash us and eventually they'll benefit from a forced error.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 20:39 - Nov 14 with 755 viewsEsox_Lucius

Watching Englands 1st half tonight against Montenegro and they are an almost unstoppable force going forward but could have conceded a couple of goals against an opposition which is severely out of their league. A different scale to what we are seeing at QPR but doesn't it sound familiar?

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024