Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC 18:47 - Nov 9 with 6065 viewsstainrods_elbow

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50271673

No idea what the hell is going on with the incompetent BBC today re reporting our game. First they report all kinds of players are missing for Boro who turn out not to be, then apparently Woodgate seems to be telling the world they won! Is it me going mad?

As for Warburton's post-match comments, I'm worried! For the second week running, he responds to our allowing the division's lowest scorers to increase their season's goal tally by 10% on our patch by flimsily bleating that 'we're human', and then talks about how (as the division's third top scorers!) we're not clinical enough in front of goal. It's just perverse!

I do more and more get the feeling, partly because he brought in Barbet, Kane and Wallace, he's in denial about criticising any of them - but especially Barbet. We could and should have won today, and the manager needs to work out how we're going to progress from having one third of a decent side - the attack - to a properly functioning team.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 18:48]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

No subject on 18:48 - Nov 9 with 4381 viewsDannytheR

Wouldn't be much point in him criticising Barbet today, given he wasn't on the pitch.
No subject on 18:49 - Nov 9 with 4355 viewsstainrods_elbow

No subject on 18:48 - Nov 9 by DannytheR

Wouldn't be much point in him criticising Barbet today, given he wasn't on the pitch.

I realise that, of course, but was talking about the season as a whole.

No subject on 18:52 - Nov 9 with 4328 viewsCamberleyR

No subject on 18:49 - Nov 9 by stainrods_elbow

I realise that, of course, but was talking about the season as a whole.

Great backtracking.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 18:54 - Nov 9 with 4314 viewsWatford_Ranger

You know he might not give much away in public and is different with the players privately? I sincerely doubt they all go home oblivious to how bad the defending was.
No subject on 18:55 - Nov 9 with 4307 viewsstainrods_elbow

No subject on 18:52 - Nov 9 by CamberleyR

Great backtracking.

Not 'backtracking', just clarifying.

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 18:58 - Nov 9 with 4295 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 18:54 - Nov 9 by Watford_Ranger

You know he might not give much away in public and is different with the players privately? I sincerely doubt they all go home oblivious to how bad the defending was.

I hope you're right, and you may well be. But the manager should tell it as it is, and interviews on the Offish are the main point of contat with supporters, so shouldn't leave me scratching my head in perplexity!

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 19:06 - Nov 9 with 4253 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"It was a sloppy start and we found ourselves a goal down, and it was a very good response from the boys.

"Everyone is asking me about the mistake [for Boro's second goal], but we are human. As a team we have got to take responsibility and be more clinical in front of the opponent's goal.

"We have taken two points from 12 but the boys have been hard done by in a couple of games.

"They are working hard and we are in a good position as it is a tight league."

Find it hard to disagree with any of that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 19:28 - Nov 9 with 4172 viewsMatch82

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 18:58 - Nov 9 by stainrods_elbow

I hope you're right, and you may well be. But the manager should tell it as it is, and interviews on the Offish are the main point of contat with supporters, so shouldn't leave me scratching my head in perplexity!

I'd argue Warburton has been more up front than any manager we have had in recent history. And if he thinks by keeping some things in house that's going to create a better atmosphere in the squad then I fully support him on that, even if it means I'm less informed personally.
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 19:31 - Nov 9 with 4159 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 19:28 - Nov 9 by Match82

I'd argue Warburton has been more up front than any manager we have had in recent history. And if he thinks by keeping some things in house that's going to create a better atmosphere in the squad then I fully support him on that, even if it means I'm less informed personally.

Agree with that, Match.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

No subject on 19:39 - Nov 9 with 4124 viewsLongsufferingR

No subject on 18:52 - Nov 9 by CamberleyR

Great backtracking.

Wasn't that great tbh. Very unconvincing from the lad.
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 21:50 - Nov 9 with 3898 viewsHastings_Hoops

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 18:54 - Nov 9 by Watford_Ranger

Sorry Watford - meant to ‘up’ arrow this! Hit the wrong one!!!
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 22:21 - Nov 9 with 3811 views2Thomas2Bowles

.... doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

With defense...

It's bad coaching and Warburton needs to take responsibility not to brush it off.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 22:27 - Nov 9 with 3794 viewsPunteR

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 22:21 - Nov 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

.... doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

With defense...

It's bad coaching and Warburton needs to take responsibility not to brush it off.

What makes you think he doesn't take responsibility and brush it off. ? Warburton is the best manager weve had in a while, better than Holloway . We are still very much work in progress.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 22:44 - Nov 9 with 3753 viewsTomS

I watched the highlights and thought we were fortunate to get a draw. I didn't see anything wrong with their disallowed goal, thought we should have conceded a penalty and suspected our first goal was offside. It could easily have been a completely different result.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 22:53]
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 22:45 - Nov 9 with 3742 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 22:27 - Nov 9 by PunteR

What makes you think he doesn't take responsibility and brush it off. ? Warburton is the best manager weve had in a while, better than Holloway . We are still very much work in progress.

Every team is a work in progress.

I think it's too early to say if he is a good manager or not, as things stand he is just average but if we keep conceding the way we are the progression will be backward.

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 22:58 - Nov 9 with 3679 viewsPunteR

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 22:45 - Nov 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I think it's too early to say if he is a good manager or not, as things stand he is just average but if we keep conceding the way we are the progression will be backward.

is he better than Ollie?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 23:01 - Nov 9 with 3672 viewsplasmahoop

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 22:45 - Nov 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well I would say he's a lot better than average at the moment. But I hope we can come out of this slump. Although I think we are far superior to last year, the last few games have shown how it can go wrong.
I am reminded of the Richie benaud quote about when you win, you're probably not as good as you think you are, and when you lose you aren't as bad.
But it's hard to remember that sometimes when Saturdays are the highlight of the week and you've had a few
Warbonnet/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 23:07 - Nov 9 with 3653 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 22:58 - Nov 9 by PunteR

is he better than Ollie?

On results/league position? as I said too early to say.

Some thought Mcclown was a better manager than Olly till that dreadful run.

Warburton's 'we're human' sounds a lot like JFH "it is what it is"

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 23:47 - Nov 9 with 3570 viewsCiderwithRsie

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 22:58 - Nov 9 by PunteR

is he better than Ollie?

Oh God, please don't let's start this again.

Apart from anything else, Holloway was a great servant to the club in many varied ways and while I personally think Warburton a better coach I don't want to express that by denigrating Ollie.

But (as I've said with every coach since Ollie's last spell inclusive) can we also please just keep off the manager's back for at least one season, until they've had a chance to make a real difference?
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 05:27 - Nov 10 with 3427 viewskitkev

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 23:47 - Nov 9 by CiderwithRsie

Oh God, please don't let's start this again.

Apart from anything else, Holloway was a great servant to the club in many varied ways and while I personally think Warburton a better coach I don't want to express that by denigrating Ollie.

But (as I've said with every coach since Ollie's last spell inclusive) can we also please just keep off the manager's back for at least one season, until they've had a chance to make a real difference?

i think you need to appreciate that the financial restrictions in place are going to hinder progress for a couple of seasons,
Given that the squad he took over was under performing and the squad you have now is still finding there feet the youngsters will be inconstant by the virtue that they are youngsters, all said and done he has been able to solidfy your club and in fairness you are a better side now than you have been for many years rome was not built in a day and in warburton he see's things a lot different than most managers so long as you keep faith and let the rebuild go unhindered with calls for management change you will be ok ambition and expectations have to be managed by both fans and club
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 08:52 - Nov 10 with 3273 viewsHastings_Hoops

Supporters asking if progress has been made - please define ‘progress’.

In April this year we had a running annual loss of £15m OVER the acceptable financial loss allowed under FFP, with one or two assets (freeman and furlong) which could be sold for a pittance given the situation we found ourselves in. We were turgid, boring and the club was flat. We were heading for a points deduction under FFP which would have relegated us.

In November this year we have cleared the annual loss of £15m over that which is acceptable to FFP, avoided FFP. We have some headroom apparently. We have two assets which all other Championship clubs would give their right arm for. Players which are being watched by half of the Premier league for the January transfer windows AND we don’t need to sell at rock bottom price this time. We have a couple of other youngsters coming through to take over when these two are sold. The football is attractive and unpredictable but/therefore exciting.

So yes in summary Warburton, Eustace, Hoos, Les and Amit have worked miracles to put right the disaster created by others and we have made huge progress in FIVE months. THAT’S FIVE MONTHS!!!.

Aside from the clear progress made from top to bottom at the club and if just focusing on progress on the pitch, one barometer as to ‘progress’ - Nahki’s goal total this season (already), vs his total last season (progress in itself because of the type of football we are playing).

This is the best thing that could have happened to QPR this season. Let’s not lose sight of that because of a few rainy days on the pitch.
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 09:09 - Nov 10 with 3239 viewsDejR_vu

He’s re-built the entire squad for £50k, had us in the top half most of the season including in the play-off places. I’d say he’s done a pretty remarkable job.

Teams have had a dozen games to analyse us so are making it more difficult for us to play through them. If we want to get better we just persevere with what we’re doing until we move from being good at it to being exceptional at it, and accept the pain in the meantime.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 09:23 - Nov 10 with 3205 viewsgazza1

Come on lads, lets get real.

Yes it was disappionting but we played ok, not great, not bad and we did enough to win. Two bad errors cost us dearly. The first I would look at Manning and Hall, the second was a poor back pass. Dispite that we had two opportunities to win the match but Hugill missed them both. Overall, we are doing pretty well across the board, on and off the pitch. I'm enjoying this season more than any of the past several seasons - we are not perfect but we are far more entertaining than we have been for several years.

As for the Manager......top dollar imho. Please dont compare him with Hollaway's last years here because Warburton would win in every category.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 9:24]
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 09:33 - Nov 10 with 3168 viewsLongsufferingR

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 05:27 - Nov 10 by kitkev

i think you need to appreciate that the financial restrictions in place are going to hinder progress for a couple of seasons,
Given that the squad he took over was under performing and the squad you have now is still finding there feet the youngsters will be inconstant by the virtue that they are youngsters, all said and done he has been able to solidfy your club and in fairness you are a better side now than you have been for many years rome was not built in a day and in warburton he see's things a lot different than most managers so long as you keep faith and let the rebuild go unhindered with calls for management change you will be ok ambition and expectations have to be managed by both fans and club

Some much needed perspective from a supporter of another club there. We've lost to two good sides and drawn with one decent side and one sht one. November was always looking like a tough set of fixtures and I'm sure we will drop a few more places, but there's a lot to look forward to with this manager and group of players, especially when he gets the chance to actually spend some money.
Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 09:33 - Nov 10 with 3170 viewsTacticalR

Warburton/Woodgate post-match on the BBC on 05:27 - Nov 10 by kitkev

I see super Matt Smith got the winner for you in extra time yesterday.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024