Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two minutes silence 19:58 - Nov 9 with 2091 viewsloftboy

The speech and the last post at the end was very poignant but why did some people start clapping at the start of the silence?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Two minutes silence on 19:59 - Nov 9 with 2067 viewsBoston

Because they weren't listening.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Two minutes silence on 20:11 - Nov 9 with 2024 viewsflynnbo

Very well executed but “dove”?
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 20:14]
Two minutes silence on 00:04 - Nov 10 with 1680 viewsHadders

The clapping stopped very quickly and I found the reading of the names and the last post deeply affecting. That and the wonderful Dave Thomas at half-time were unquestionably the highlights of the day for me.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 8:29]
Two minutes silence on 01:03 - Nov 10 with 1613 viewsDieByYourSide

Because the length of the prelude to the minute's silence, as well done as it was, meant that people had forgotten what to do by the time it actually came around?
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 1:06]

Poll: And it's hi ho

Two minutes silence on 13:49 - Nov 10 with 1315 viewsfrancisbowles

Two minutes silence on 20:11 - Nov 9 by flynnbo

Very well executed but “dove”?
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 20:14]

Although mainly used by Americans, dove is in the English dictionary as a perfectly acceptable alternative to dived. It does sound strange though, but, wouldn'twould you reasonably expect an officer in HM armed forces not to have had his speech vetted
Two minutes silence on 15:25 - Nov 10 with 1197 viewsBoston

Two minutes silence on 13:49 - Nov 10 by francisbowles

Although mainly used by Americans, dove is in the English dictionary as a perfectly acceptable alternative to dived. It does sound strange though, but, wouldn'twould you reasonably expect an officer in HM armed forces not to have had his speech vetted

Is it not used now then? As a kid I went swimming 2/3 days a week in the summer and me and my mates often ‘dove’ off boards, rocks, river banks. Who knew I was in training to move over here! And no, that does not mean I swam the Rio Grande.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 15:26]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Two minutes silence on 17:08 - Nov 10 with 1090 viewspaulparker

I thought it was excellent everyone observed it even the latecomers from the pub
What made it even more poignant was the rain hitting the stands as it was so quiet
Well done the club and everyone else

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Two minutes silence on 17:19 - Nov 10 with 1062 viewsNed_Kennedys

Two minutes silence on 17:08 - Nov 10 by paulparker

I thought it was excellent everyone observed it even the latecomers from the pub
What made it even more poignant was the rain hitting the stands as it was so quiet
Well done the club and everyone else

They were stopping latecomers from coming up the steps into the stands once it started so that helped.
Login to get fewer ads

Two minutes silence on 19:45 - Nov 10 with 983 viewslondonscottish

Two minutes silence on 00:04 - Nov 10 by Hadders

The clapping stopped very quickly and I found the reading of the names and the last post deeply affecting. That and the wonderful Dave Thomas at half-time were unquestionably the highlights of the day for me.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 8:29]

I found it moving. Was counting the names and it really struck a chord when if got to 11. Ended up 21+ so basically 2 teams. The wars our previous generations had to go through were brutal.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024