Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans forum tonight? 19:09 - Nov 11 with 5934 viewsconnell10

Ment to be live streamed on out utube channel but i cant find it!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Fans forum tonight? on 11:36 - Nov 12 with 1368 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Fans forum tonight? on 09:56 - Nov 12 by Northernr

Bearing in mind those of us who go to the forum regularly get the "same old faces" and "in the club's pocket" bullsht from other sections of the support, can you imagine how much that would be magnified if it was just one person going to board meetings and reporting back what was said?

Plus the individual concerned would almost certainly have to sign a confidentiality agreement meaning that they could not report everything they hear. Given this, a Fans Forum would still be necessary.
Fans forum tonight? on 11:45 - Nov 12 with 1351 viewsNorthernr

Fans forum tonight? on 11:26 - Nov 12 by The_Seer

No - I am being realistic. If the board don't have the means in which to take the club forward then find someone who can.

They bang on about the money spent in the past, they only have themselves to blame for wasting the money and having nothing to show for it.

Do we actually know how they are going to fund Warren Farm... Do they have a plan for investment in the squad for next season? We know that the 3 year FFP cycle starts again at the start of next season therefore that is the time to invest and if you have a well thought out plan you'll reap rewards.

You need money to build a stadium, training ground and a successful scouting system and you also need owners who know what they are doing. I remember the way the club dealt with Cargiant. Fancy going to the press to declare that you are going to build on someone else's land. A company that provides jobs, money for the local economy and has an annual turnover in the millions.

They won't be allowed to mess around with Hammersmith and Fulham Council if they want to build a stadium on the Linford Christie site they'll have to contribute financially.

Yeh. YEH. Find someone who can. Just like that.

For sale, one Championship football club. Loss making in 24 of its last 25 seasons, one spell in administration.
- Currently committed to renting two training grounds in one of the most expensive parts of the country, with a third new build on the way that needs paying for.
- Historic FFP fine in the region of £20m still to be paid off.
- Dilapidated old stadium that costs a fortune to maintain, makes zero non-matchday revenue, has one of the lowest capacities in the division and cannot be extended.
- Chances to move away from said stadium and cash in on a big property development now boiled down to one extremely complicated and long term council owned site on metropolitan green space.
- Can't bank roll the team to the Premier League and cash in there, because of the FFP rules, and said stadium.
- Can't develop kids and sell on for profit because earlier training ground issues mean better academies can just come and take them under EPPP
- Losses currently knocking on the door of £17m a season, just to tread water in the Championship, which you'll have to fund.

I'll bet they're queuing all the way around the block to get involved.
Fans forum tonight? on 11:54 - Nov 12 with 1321 viewsThe_Seer

Bearing in mind those of us who go to the forum regularly get the "same old faces" and "in the club's pocket" bullsht from other sections of the support, can you imagine how much that would be magnified if it was just one person going to board meetings and reporting back what was said?

I'd rather have fan representation on the board. Someone who has the club's interest at heart and prepared to ask tough questions.

The club appear not to have the finance in place for Warren Farm. If the club want the fans to assist with finance towards Warren Farm then the fans who contribute should set up a supporters trust. The trust would own a large stake in the club which would allow full representation at board level.

No way should the fans hand over money to the club without having control to influence planning and decision making.
Fans forum tonight? on 11:56 - Nov 12 with 1324 viewsloftboy

Fans forum tonight? on 11:54 - Nov 12 by The_Seer

I'd rather have fan representation on the board. Someone who has the club's interest at heart and prepared to ask tough questions.

The club appear not to have the finance in place for Warren Farm. If the club want the fans to assist with finance towards Warren Farm then the fans who contribute should set up a supporters trust. The trust would own a large stake in the club which would allow full representation at board level.

No way should the fans hand over money to the club without having control to influence planning and decision making.

Do you have any facts to back up The unadulterated bollocks you spout?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Fans forum tonight? on 12:16 - Nov 12 with 1291 viewsThe_Seer

Fans forum tonight? on 11:31 - Nov 12 by PinnerPaul

Apart from the top clubs every club in the land is funded by the shareholders - every club in the land has to live with the fact that if the shareholders pulled the plug they would need to find alternative funding.

Its not new or unique to us or our current owners as you imply.

I've heard that the board are thinking about requesting financial assistance for Warren Farm from the fans.

Now we know how much the club need a training ground complex. Not only would it benefit development of players and be a factor in player recruitment and sales, it would also increase the value of the club and make it more attractive for investment.

If they ask the fans then no money without serious fan representation at board level and the ownership of a sizeable stake in the club.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2019 12:17]
Fans forum tonight? on 12:34 - Nov 12 with 1261 viewsThe_Seer

Fans forum tonight? on 11:56 - Nov 12 by loftboy

Do you have any facts to back up The unadulterated bollocks you spout?

If the board had the finance in place they would have cracked on with the redevelopment after winning the appeal last November. The delay has allowed the opposition to regroup.

The board have stated that they do not want to cover the cost of Warren Farm and are looking into some type of bond scheme.

Now I don't know about you but I wouldn't part with my money unless I had a say in decision making and ownership. It's not as if they have a wonderful track record when it comes to running a football club.
Fans forum tonight? on 12:49 - Nov 12 with 1232 viewssmegma

Fans forum tonight? on 11:54 - Nov 12 by The_Seer

Put your name forward then.
Fans forum tonight? on 12:51 - Nov 12 with 1230 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Haven't put someone on the ignore list for many years but I'm delighted to make an exception for The_Seer.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Fans forum tonight? on 12:56 - Nov 12 with 1216 viewsMytch_QPR

Fans forum tonight? on 12:51 - Nov 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Haven't put someone on the ignore list for many years but I'm delighted to make an exception for The_Seer.

He has a promising future ahead of him in public relations, I reckon.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Fans forum tonight? on 13:00 - Nov 12 with 1203 viewsNorthernr

Fans forum tonight? on 12:34 - Nov 12 by The_Seer

If the board had the finance in place they would have cracked on with the redevelopment after winning the appeal last November. The delay has allowed the opposition to regroup.

The board have stated that they do not want to cover the cost of Warren Farm and are looking into some type of bond scheme.

Now I don't know about you but I wouldn't part with my money unless I had a say in decision making and ownership. It's not as if they have a wonderful track record when it comes to running a football club.

"If the board had the finance in place they would have cracked on with the redevelopment after winning the appeal last November. The delay has allowed the opposition to regroup."

This is not true.
Fans forum tonight? on 13:01 - Nov 12 with 1191 viewsThe_Seer

Couldn't care less..
Fans forum tonight? on 13:06 - Nov 12 with 1172 viewsThe_Seer

Better still a supporters trust that finances the training ground and has ownership. The board can keep the debt they created.
Fans forum tonight? on 13:06 - Nov 12 with 1176 views18StoneOfHoop

Fans forum tonight? on 12:34 - Nov 12 by The_Seer

"Unadulterated Bollocks" Acurate and well said,loftboy.
I bitterly regret every second reading The Seers TROLL WUM bullspit arrant nonsense.
Here'a gift courtesy of YouTube in time for xmas for dull waste of time him/her:
[Post edited 12 Nov 2019 13:11]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Fans forum tonight? on 13:08 - Nov 12 with 1166 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This is true, but any fan supporter on the board could be voted out.
Fans forum tonight? on 13:32 - Nov 12 with 1112 viewsfrancisbowles

Fans forum tonight? on 11:26 - Nov 12 by The_Seer

No - I am being realistic. If the board don't have the means in which to take the club forward then find someone who can.

They bang on about the money spent in the past, they only have themselves to blame for wasting the money and having nothing to show for it.

Do we actually know how they are going to fund Warren Farm... Do they have a plan for investment in the squad for next season? We know that the 3 year FFP cycle starts again at the start of next season therefore that is the time to invest and if you have a well thought out plan you'll reap rewards.

You need money to build a stadium, training ground and a successful scouting system and you also need owners who know what they are doing. I remember the way the club dealt with Cargiant. Fancy going to the press to declare that you are going to build on someone else's land. A company that provides jobs, money for the local economy and has an annual turnover in the millions.

They won't be allowed to mess around with Hammersmith and Fulham Council if they want to build a stadium on the Linford Christie site they'll have to contribute financially.

The 3 year cycle for FFP is a rotating 3 years period.

In other words next season is 2020/21 and the three year cycle going backwards means you count this season, 19/20 and last season, 18/19 in with that cycle. In the following season, 21/22, last season i.e 18/19, drops out and in 22/23, this season 19/20 drops out.

So every season you count your allowable earnings and spendings for that season and the previous two seasons in your three year calculation.
Fans forum tonight? on 13:33 - Nov 12 with 1116 viewsconnell10

Fans forum tonight? on 13:01 - Nov 12 by The_Seer

Couldn't care less..

He won't see that as you are on ignore mate!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Fans forum tonight? on 13:43 - Nov 12 with 1093 viewsR_from_afar

Fans forum tonight? on 13:00 - Nov 12 by Northernr

"If the board had the finance in place they would have cracked on with the redevelopment after winning the appeal last November. The delay has allowed the opposition to regroup."

This is not true.

I'd be surprised if this isn't a Spackman but David M wrote a short piece which helps explain some of the delays at Warren Farm:
https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-update-warren-farm-linford-christie-stad

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fans forum tonight? on 13:53 - Nov 12 with 1074 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I'm not convinced by the idea of fans owning a stake in the club in return for funding Warren Farm. With said ownership comes shared responsibility for financing other areas, such as operations and transfers, as well as servicing debt. You can't simply cherry-pick the good bits.

In principle I wouldn't be against the idea of a fan-led organisation owning assets which the fans finance as it would safeguard that asset from stripping, a la Twyford Avenue. However, central to success of any such venture would be fan unity. With so many supporters trusts, fanzines and forums, the fan base still strikes me as somewhat divided on key issues.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2019 13:54]
Fans forum tonight? on 13:55 - Nov 12 with 1067 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fans forum tonight? on 13:53 - Nov 12 by Benny_the_Ball

I'm not convinced by the idea of fans owning a stake in the club in return for funding Warren Farm. With said ownership comes shared responsibility for financing other areas, such as operations and transfers, as well as servicing debt. You can't simply cherry-pick the good bits.

In principle I wouldn't be against the idea of a fan-led organisation owning assets which the fans finance as it would safeguard that asset from stripping, a la Twyford Avenue. However, central to success of any such venture would be fan unity. With so many supporters trusts, fanzines and forums, the fan base still strikes me as somewhat divided on key issues.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2019 13:54]

Fair point, Benny.

Also, as Clive says, imagine the grief!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fans forum tonight? on 14:00 - Nov 12 with 1049 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It’s more about fan governance than fan ownership although there are countless examples of both that work.
Fans forum tonight? on 14:00 - Nov 12 with 1049 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Fans forum tonight? on 13:08 - Nov 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

This is true, but any fan supporter on the board could be voted out.

Or forced to resign at gunpoint if you're Gianni Paladini!
Fans forum tonight? on 14:06 - Nov 12 with 1029 viewsfrancisbowles

Fans forum tonight? on 14:00 - Nov 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

It’s more about fan governance than fan ownership although there are countless examples of both that work.

Are their any British examples at our level or higher?
Fans forum tonight? on 14:07 - Nov 12 with 1031 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Fans forum tonight? on 14:00 - Nov 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

I can't keep up Bazza; I thought you wanted ownership! I just want peace. A little piece of...

[Post edited 12 Nov 2019 14:09]
Fans forum tonight? on 14:27 - Nov 12 with 987 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fans forum tonight? on 14:06 - Nov 12 by francisbowles

Are their any British examples at our level or higher?

Liverpool have fans on the board I believe.

Glasgow Rangers and Swansea too. Not sure if they are our level our higher though.

[Post edited 12 Nov 2019 14:29]
Fans forum tonight? on 14:31 - Nov 12 with 972 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'll be joining you. I've done a few over the last few months. Makes this place much nicer! This guy's clearly a wum, not worth engaging with.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024