Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WTF?...that was a close shave! 15:31 - Nov 14 with 2016 viewsstevec

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/senior-concession-age-change/
WTF?...that was a close shave! on 15:42 - Nov 14 with 1975 viewsBuckR

Makes sense though
WTF?...that was a close shave! on 15:51 - Nov 14 with 1955 viewsstowmarketrange

I think from a quick read that I’m one of the few who might lose out by these changes.I’m not 60 until September 2020,so I don’t think I’ll be eligible until 2021/22,by which time it goes up to 61,which I won’t be until September 21.
I think I might catch up by 2034 though.
I blame my bloody parents leaving it too late to conceive me.What were they thinking of?No consideration at all.
WTF?...that was a close shave! on 16:00 - Nov 14 with 1913 viewsLongsufferingR

After a life time of forking out with little return, I was looking forward to the costs reducing a bit from 2024. Now have to wait until 2028 to catch up with the new schedule, just at the time when my little boy will be wanting a season ticket anyway!
WTF?...that was a close shave! on 16:29 - Nov 14 with 1828 viewsessextaxiboy

I am 60 in July next year , when I renew I will be 59 but when the season starts I will be 60. Hopefully I will be ok .
WTF?...that was a close shave! on 16:52 - Nov 14 with 1767 viewsstowmarketrange

WTF?...that was a close shave! on 16:29 - Nov 14 by essextaxiboy

I am 60 in July next year , when I renew I will be 59 but when the season starts I will be 60. Hopefully I will be ok .

You should be ok.My brother was 60 this July and he has an oap season ticket.
WTF?...that was a close shave! on 17:07 - Nov 14 with 1733 viewsrunningman75

Terrible decision by the club. I remember in league 1 we played Cambridge United. They were doing children, students and over 60s for £1. I took my sister who was a student and my step dad to the game for a massive price of £2. Ground was virtually full.
WTF?...that was a close shave! on 17:37 - Nov 14 with 1684 viewsAntti_Heinola

WTF?...that was a close shave! on 17:07 - Nov 14 by runningman75

Terrible decision by the club. I remember in league 1 we played Cambridge United. They were doing children, students and over 60s for £1. I took my sister who was a student and my step dad to the game for a massive price of £2. Ground was virtually full.

i dunno - most people over 60 seem to have more money than people under 40 these days.

Bare bones.

WTF?...that was a close shave! on 17:53 - Nov 14 with 1655 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Everyone's living longer. I will be affected by these changes but I find it hard to argue with the rational. At least it is being phased.
Login to get fewer ads

WTF?...that was a close shave! on 19:17 - Nov 14 with 1544 viewsStanisgod

WTF?...that was a close shave! on 17:37 - Nov 14 by Antti_Heinola

i dunno - most people over 60 seem to have more money than people under 40 these days.

I don't

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

WTF?...that was a close shave! on 19:38 - Nov 14 with 1509 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrrr....
Over 95 youse get a free piano.

Yo Ho!
WTF?...that was a close shave! on 10:22 - Nov 15 with 1295 viewsterryb

As an OAP this doesn't affect me, so perhaps it is wrong of me to comment, but I would like to thank the club for leaving the age at sixty for as long as they have.

I would also commmend them for phasing the age increase as opposed to how it was implemented at Ipswich (and I think other clubs). They had a single increase that meant current ST holders with concessions aged between 60 & 63 would be charged the full rate for the following season. Unsurprisingly, ST's sold for that age range declined!

What a change from when I started work. The expectation was that retirement age would decrease (perhaps to fifty) rather than increase!
WTF?...that was a close shave! on 10:54 - Nov 15 with 1240 viewsRs_Holy

thought this might happen.... I'll miss out on 6 years of cheaper tics but in all honesty less than £30 for a seat in the R Block is not bad value (IMHO).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024