Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFP charge for Sheff Wed 20:08 - Nov 14 with 7816 viewsLongsufferingR

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/owls-hit-with-efl-charge/174064

1 point deduction suspended for three years I reckon
FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 20:46 - Nov 14 with 5463 viewsconnell10

I think they will get hammered and quite right, also Derby and Reading , the birds are coming home to roost!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 22:46 - Nov 14 with 5269 viewsstowmarketrange

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 20:46 - Nov 14 by connell10

I think they will get hammered and quite right, also Derby and Reading , the birds are coming home to roost!

I thought direby had already got away with it?
Just as well Luton don’t try this tactic or they could have another £2.50 to spend on players.
FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 23:01 - Nov 14 with 5225 viewsdaveB

Birmingham lost 9 points last season, a figure mocked on here but said at the time it would affect most teams if you lose that many points, if they fine them the same number of points then Sheff Wed will go from 7th to 4th bottom

If Derby have also failed the same 9 points puts them second bottom
FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 23:32 - Nov 14 with 5177 viewsLblock

Would you have taken 9 points or the eye watering fine and rough end of referee decisions for life that we got though?

I think Birmingham got off lightly
Not only did they break the rules like ourselves, they also ignored a holding punishment and continued to break then further by signing players and ignoring an embargo.
For that reason I feel Chef Weds and Derby have felt emboldened and havecracked on knowing the EFL to be weak as cats here.

It’s a joke!

(Yes...... I do feel hard done by!!!)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 23:43 - Nov 14 with 5173 viewsQPR_John

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 23:01 - Nov 14 by daveB

Birmingham lost 9 points last season, a figure mocked on here but said at the time it would affect most teams if you lose that many points, if they fine them the same number of points then Sheff Wed will go from 7th to 4th bottom

If Derby have also failed the same 9 points puts them second bottom

I agree taking 9 points at this stage of the season would affect any team. The point about Birmingham was that the points were deducted when any bookmaker would give you odds that it would not matter and it did not matter, about 2 positions I think.
FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 07:13 - Nov 15 with 5048 viewscyprusmel

ivin Birminham a 9 point euction at that time of the eaon wa not fair everyone coul ee that it woul make no ifferance to their poition.
It houl have been from the tart of the new eaon.
Pleae feel free to fill in the ap, computer keyboar not workin
FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 07:28 - Nov 15 with 5034 viewsNorthernr

Well the key to this one is it isn't a breach of FFP, it's a misconduct charge. Which suggests they've not only broken the rules but engaged in dodgy practice to try and get round them - as said above, Derby sold their ground to themselves, it's in the rules, and it's been ruled fine, so Sheff Wed have clearly done something else besides that. The chairman himself admitted at their fans forum 18 months ago that they had breached FFP "and not by a little by a lot".

It'll no doubt take fcking ages to get sorted but could be a big one.
FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 07:39 - Nov 15 with 5013 viewsRangersDave

you just know they will all get off, and we will be fined, and relegated for the audacity of existing!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Login to get fewer ads

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 08:47 - Nov 15 with 4926 viewsLoftgirl

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 07:39 - Nov 15 by RangersDave

you just know they will all get off, and we will be fined, and relegated for the audacity of existing!

.....and playing in the same colours.
FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 08:49 - Nov 15 with 4921 viewsrsonist

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sh

Explained here. As Norf says the FFP breach and land valuation are red herrings somewhat - the precedents have already been set - it's the "aggravation" around it wrt timing and terms of transaction.
FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 09:03 - Nov 15 with 4904 viewsMytch_QPR

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 07:28 - Nov 15 by Northernr

Well the key to this one is it isn't a breach of FFP, it's a misconduct charge. Which suggests they've not only broken the rules but engaged in dodgy practice to try and get round them - as said above, Derby sold their ground to themselves, it's in the rules, and it's been ruled fine, so Sheff Wed have clearly done something else besides that. The chairman himself admitted at their fans forum 18 months ago that they had breached FFP "and not by a little by a lot".

It'll no doubt take fcking ages to get sorted but could be a big one.

Yep, from what I read they claim in their 2018 accounts that the stadium had been bought, but Land Registry shows a considerable delay in the actual transaction - plus it's in some sort of staged payments, which is highly unusual, and then there's the fact that they have valued a fairly dated stadium some way from the town centre at the princely sum of £60m - more than double the stated value of The Madejski stadium.

Creative accounting, I believe it's called...

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 09:11 - Nov 15 with 4882 viewsjonno

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 07:13 - Nov 15 by cyprusmel

ivin Birminham a 9 point euction at that time of the eaon wa not fair everyone coul ee that it woul make no ifferance to their poition.
It houl have been from the tart of the new eaon.
Pleae feel free to fill in the ap, computer keyboar not workin

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 09:45 - Nov 15 with 4814 viewsTheChef

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 09:11 - Nov 15 by jonno

Ha, they don't make them like Norman Collier any more!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 10:11 - Nov 15 with 4764 viewsRs_Holy

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 09:45 - Nov 15 by TheChef

tota*** *gree f****ng hilar***s
FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 10:30 - Nov 15 with 4735 viewsted_hendrix

I've become indifferent to the whole goddam thing, Derby--Sheff Wednesday it'll be a different club in two Months time so bloody what?
At the end of this season Loophole FC get promoted from the Championship and fatty Rooney joins them on a rolling contract as a yoga/meditation instructor.
Its all bullshit.
I miss the smell of dubbin and 3.00pm kick offs on a Saturday.
£.
Comfortably numb.
Chinese owners.
Whatever.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 11:12 - Nov 15 with 4654 viewspeejaybee

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 10:30 - Nov 15 by ted_hendrix

I've become indifferent to the whole goddam thing, Derby--Sheff Wednesday it'll be a different club in two Months time so bloody what?
At the end of this season Loophole FC get promoted from the Championship and fatty Rooney joins them on a rolling contract as a yoga/meditation instructor.
Its all bullshit.
£.
Comfortably numb.
Chinese owners.
Whatever.

And T panel Footballs

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 11:18 - Nov 15 with 4636 viewsdavman

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 09:03 - Nov 15 by Mytch_QPR

Yep, from what I read they claim in their 2018 accounts that the stadium had been bought, but Land Registry shows a considerable delay in the actual transaction - plus it's in some sort of staged payments, which is highly unusual, and then there's the fact that they have valued a fairly dated stadium some way from the town centre at the princely sum of £60m - more than double the stated value of The Madejski stadium.

Creative accounting, I believe it's called...

I read that despite claiming that the stadium had been sold, teh accounts show zero rent and may even imply that Sheff Wed still own the ground.

Quote Norf: "This could be big"/ Yep, it could be, but this is the EFL, so like ted and many others, I a'int holding my breath. They'll wait 'til Weds can't go up and can't go down, will work out what points deduction they can give that won't send them down and they'll dish that out.

These FFP regs HAD to change their name because there would have been a case against the Trades Descriptions Act using the word "fair". How can the football authorities allow Scum and Man C to spend, spend and spend to become part of footballs "Elite" (sic) and then ban anyone else from doing the same. WTF is "Fair" about that?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 11:19 - Nov 15 with 4636 viewsenfieldargh

9-12 point deduction now

Fine them the same as the money received from ground sale

3 transfer window bans from Jan

They tried to buy promotion as we did We got hit, so EFL hit them and either put your house in order or let the clubs run wild

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 11:23 - Nov 15 with 4621 viewsdavman

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 11:19 - Nov 15 by enfieldargh

9-12 point deduction now

Fine them the same as the money received from ground sale

3 transfer window bans from Jan

They tried to buy promotion as we did We got hit, so EFL hit them and either put your house in order or let the clubs run wild

Seems fair.

No way you will ever get employed by the EFL; you are far too reasonable and sensible.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 11:59 - Nov 15 with 4569 viewsbosh67

Why do I get the feeling that all of these FFP cases will be pushed our way and we'll get a 5000 point deduction and a 200 year transfer window ban. And be made to pay for Reading, Weds and Derby's stadiums.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 12:04 - Nov 15 with 4560 viewsMick_S

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 11:59 - Nov 15 by bosh67

Why do I get the feeling that all of these FFP cases will be pushed our way and we'll get a 5000 point deduction and a 200 year transfer window ban. And be made to pay for Reading, Weds and Derby's stadiums.

Live on Sky.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 13:24 - Nov 15 with 4443 viewsTonto

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 23:32 - Nov 14 by Lblock

Would you have taken 9 points or the eye watering fine and rough end of referee decisions for life that we got though?

I think Birmingham got off lightly
Not only did they break the rules like ourselves, they also ignored a holding punishment and continued to break then further by signing players and ignoring an embargo.
For that reason I feel Chef Weds and Derby have felt emboldened and havecracked on knowing the EFL to be weak as cats here.

It’s a joke!

(Yes...... I do feel hard done by!!!)

if it had been a 9 point deduction which means you stayed in he Championship when you weren't going to be promoted anyway - too right I would take the 9 points.

That "penalty" was, at the end of the day, meaningless.

Penalties have to be just that - a penalty. I don't necessarily have an issue with our penalty, provided the same level of penalty is handed out evenly (or at least proportionally) to other teams that do the same. But as is typically the case in football, that wont and doesn't happen.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 14:47 - Nov 15 with 4359 viewsR_from_afar

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 09:45 - Nov 15 by TheChef

The "Have you got a light?" gag:

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 14:54 - Nov 15 with 4354 viewsthemodfather

different rules for prem lge and efl, that's why we got clobbered, by getting relegated we came under the efl umbrella......seesm whatever happens in football whether its var or fair play regs, the people at the top, cock it up, every time.
FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 16:05 - Nov 15 with 4265 viewsShotKneesHoop

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 10:30 - Nov 15 by ted_hendrix

Its all bullshit.
£.
Comfortably numb.
Chinese owners.
Whatever.

Plus I really miss having an iffy garage owner in charge of the club for almost a decade
With Percy Dalton Peanuts sold from the touchline
Jumpers for goal posts type of football
Three bob to get in
A tanner a programme
Only one sub to be used
Hoops worn home and away
Records supplied by WG Stores of Shepherds Bush Market
The 105 Routemaster bus
The crash barrier on the half way line South Africa Road end
The muddy goalmouth from October onwards
Half times scores shown on tin plates
Transistor radio held to the ear to get the final scores when rushing back to get the early bus - that never arrives.

It's all gone tits up, Ted.

Loft For Words is the only thing that's good abut the modern game
[Post edited 15 Nov 2019 16:11]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024