Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFP charge for Sheff Wed 20:08 - Nov 14 with 7819 viewsLongsufferingR

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/owls-hit-with-efl-charge/174064

1 point deduction suspended for three years I reckon
FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 23:45 - Jan 6 with 2252 viewsrsonist

Brum charged again.
FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 00:02 - Jan 7 with 2228 viewsDavieQPR

Soon this will be a Division of those with Parachute Payments and those without.
FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 00:12 - Jan 7 with 2197 viewsRangersDave

or Premier league 2 as it will be known.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 00:31 - Jan 7 with 2176 viewsbosh67

The more I see all this the more I am convinced that we are finally doing things the right way and the only way. It is also making me start to see that it can only be a matter of time before a Championship team crashes out of existence. Within the next 2 years I reckon.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 07:45 - Jan 7 with 2047 viewsDejR_vu

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 23:01 - Nov 14 by daveB

Birmingham lost 9 points last season, a figure mocked on here but said at the time it would affect most teams if you lose that many points, if they fine them the same number of points then Sheff Wed will go from 7th to 4th bottom

If Derby have also failed the same 9 points puts them second bottom

It’s only January Dave. Unlikely to have such a significant impact over the course of full season’s points haul.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 07:55 - Jan 7 with 2031 viewsDejR_vu

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 23:45 - Jan 6 by rsonist

Brum charged again.

They’ll probably be given points back

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 13:43 - Jan 7 with 1800 viewsrsonist

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 14:10 - Jan 7 with 1727 viewsJigsore

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 13:43 - Jan 7 by rsonist

warms the cockles

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 14:31 - Jan 7 with 1672 viewsquickpassrotter

Normally I would say a 9 or 12 point deduction as punishment (plus the hefty fine).

But I have no faith or trust in the EFL. Currently they are settling through their executive management changes - with Harvey having gone and Jevans pushed into an Independent Non Exec role - and Rick Parry back in as Chairman. Don't think that they act fairly or squarely. I don't expect the appropriate punishment for Wednesday.
FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 14:33 - Jan 7 with 1665 viewsAddinall

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 16:05 - Nov 15 by ShotKneesHoop

Plus I really miss having an iffy garage owner in charge of the club for almost a decade
With Percy Dalton Peanuts sold from the touchline
Jumpers for goal posts type of football
Three bob to get in
A tanner a programme
Only one sub to be used
Hoops worn home and away
Records supplied by WG Stores of Shepherds Bush Market
The 105 Routemaster bus
The crash barrier on the half way line South Africa Road end
The muddy goalmouth from October onwards
Half times scores shown on tin plates
Transistor radio held to the ear to get the final scores when rushing back to get the early bus - that never arrives.

It's all gone tits up, Ted.

Loft For Words is the only thing that's good abut the modern game
[Post edited 15 Nov 2019 16:11]

Ahhh!! Nostalgia.
FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 15:47 - Jan 7 with 1583 viewsslmrstid

I think at this point the punishments need to be handed out far more severely than they are.

Clubs overspend to try and reach the dreamland but instead fail and thus fail FFP? Tough, down to League 1 you go, and the relegated club gets a reprieve.

Lots would be thinking twice then if it was a proper punishment.

Might make things a bit barmy for the first year or two when first implemented when teams finishing 22nd/23rd etc end up staying up whilst 8th/9th go down but tough - takes your chance, pays the consequences.

Yes that would have affected us had my idea been in place 3/4 years ago, and for some it may make things worse if they find themselves going down again, but proper, tough punishments are the only way you'll ever get it to work.
FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 16:04 - Jan 7 with 1540 viewsIrish_Hoop

I think we should get a bit of perspective on our own punishment here. €17m fine payable over 10 years, plus the £3m EFL legal costs is dwarfed by the financial benefits that we got from promotion. The fact that we utterly wasted that money is not down to the EFL.

And I’m not ignoring the £22m shareholder loans that were written off. That’s just accounting, and it is arguable that those loans were worthless anyway.
FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 16:13 - Jan 7 with 1512 viewsQPRSteve

Meanwhile, on another planet,,,,,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51017102
FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 17:47 - Jan 7 with 1382 viewsNed_Kennedys

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 14:31 - Jan 7 by quickpassrotter

Normally I would say a 9 or 12 point deduction as punishment (plus the hefty fine).

But I have no faith or trust in the EFL. Currently they are settling through their executive management changes - with Harvey having gone and Jevans pushed into an Independent Non Exec role - and Rick Parry back in as Chairman. Don't think that they act fairly or squarely. I don't expect the appropriate punishment for Wednesday.

I predict months of procrastination from the EFL whilst Sheffield Wednesday secure a mid table position followed by a points deduction that means they end up in a slightly lower mid table position.
FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 18:47 - Jan 7 with 1309 viewsderbyhoop

FFP charge for Sheff Wed on 14:33 - Jan 7 by Addinall

Ahhh!! Nostalgia.

Nostalgia is not what it was!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024