Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football fix this international break weekend?? 03:22 - Nov 15 with 1068 viewssmegma

Not sure if you've seen it but the FA have designated this weekend 16-17 November 'Womens Football Weekend'. They are bigging up the North London derby which is being played at Tottenhams magnicent new stadium on Sunday.
I'd like to BIG up our own womens teams game this Sunday. Last week Steve Quashie was a guest on Open All R's podcast. Steve came back to the womans set up in the summer to try and revamp their fortunes following what can only be described as 3 years of soul destroying defeats. I hadn't seen them for about 2 years as it was pointless watching a side devoid of any coaching , tactics or direction. Hearing the news of Steves appointment I decided to go along preseason and see if Steves coaching would improve the teams fortunes. To say there was a marked improvement in the quality of the team and the football played would be the biggest under statement in the history of understatements. I was so impressed I've so far been to see them six times.
After six league games they have a 100% record. They have played twelve games In all competitions and won eleven of them. Their only defeat came on October 27th when they were knocked out of the FA Cup 2-1 by Leyton Orient in a game that could have gone either way. Leyton Orient have been a bit of a bogey team so far as they also beat us in preseason, the only two defeats in sixteen games so far . They have won all fourteen of the other gameswith not one drawn game. And get this, they even keep clean sheets !!! (5 in 12) . Nothing to shout home about I hear you say?? Its only womens football is another. The previous manager won SIX league games in the previous three seasons !!!He was ousted in the summer and Steve took over as you now know. The previous incumbent now manages Hounslow Womens FC . Or mismanages as the case may be. Last time I checked, they had 1 point in 7 games with a goal difference of -46 .
Well this Sunday, we play host to Hounslow WFC at Harlington kick off 2pm . Steve is doing a marvellous job and some of the football they play is a joy to watch.
Why not pop along and see for yourself. Maybe you have a daughter, sister, girlfriend who wants to get into womens football.
Its free to watch and a couple of the parents set up a tea bar at half time with all hot drinks available.
See you there.

Football fix this international break weekend?? on 05:47 - Nov 15 with 1033 viewssmegma

And the under 23s are playing at the KPF stadium today at 2pm.
Football fix this international break weekend?? on 15:43 - Nov 16 with 877 viewsPinnerPaul

I run the line on lots of women's matches - have been on the line for QPR Ladies once already this season so you may well have seen me 'in action'

Also done lots of games on the line for 'old' QPR previously.

Worth pointing out for balance that 'new' QPR are playing two levels below old QPR/Hounslow - Sunday's game being a cup match.

I always enjoy the women's games - good games of football in their own right, but its just a lot slower than the men/boys and obviously always will be.
Football fix this international break weekend?? on 18:59 - Nov 16 with 819 viewssmegma

Football fix this international break weekend?? on 15:43 - Nov 16 by PinnerPaul

I run the line on lots of women's matches - have been on the line for QPR Ladies once already this season so you may well have seen me 'in action'

Worth pointing out for balance that 'new' QPR are playing two levels below old QPR/Hounslow - Sunday's game being a cup match.

I always enjoy the women's games - good games of football in their own right, but its just a lot slower than the men/boys and obviously always will be.

The game has been cancelled. Martino must have bottled it as we progress to the next round of the cup.
Football fix this international break weekend?? on 11:00 - Nov 18 with 746 viewsPinnerPaul

Football fix this international break weekend?? on 18:59 - Nov 16 by smegma

The game has been cancelled. Martino must have bottled it as we progress to the next round of the cup.

I was going to ask you if you knew why it was called off?!

[Post edited 18 Nov 2019 12:03]
Football fix this international break weekend?? on 13:29 - Nov 18 with 670 viewsstowmarketrange

Football fix this international break weekend?? on 15:43 - Nov 16 by PinnerPaul

I run the line at my daughter’s U18 matches and although it isn’t the same standard as the boys teams,it is a lot more enjoyable to watch.
The girls enjoy the football and there doesn’t seem to be the nastiness of the men’s teams.Although in the 3-3 derby between our 2 teams yesterday the ref had to warn the players to keep the language clean.
I did take her to see a couple of the qpr women’s matches a few years ago when they were in the same league as Ipswich and Norwich,but now it is a long journey for us to make the games,especially when she plays herself on Sundays.
But good luck to any teams connected with QPR.
Football fix this international break weekend?? on 17:58 - Nov 18 with 590 viewssmegma

Football fix this international break weekend?? on 11:00 - Nov 18 by PinnerPaul

I was going to ask you if you knew why it was called off?!

[Post edited 18 Nov 2019 12:03]

Your guess is as good as mine. The fact we get a bye tells me they were the ones who couldn't get a team together ??? The draw is on Wednesday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024