Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eating In W12 11:43 - Nov 15 with 7826 viewsJJB

After the Charlton game on the Dec 21st we are having a family get together, with that I need to book a table for dinner in W12

We don't mind what kind food it is as long as its decent.

Any recommendations on where's good to eat in W12 as normally I only ever go to the chippie on The South Africa Road!

Cheers in advance for any help given.

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Eating In W12 on 20:18 - Nov 17 with 1852 viewsEsox_Lucius

A little more niche, and not a place to be booked for a party, but if you enjoy falafels then you would be hard pressed to find better than Mr Falafel just inside the Market on the Uxbridge Road side. Very reasonable prices too.

The grass is always greener.

Eating In W12 on 20:57 - Nov 17 with 1817 viewsHadders

Recently went to the The Raj of India on Shepherd's Bush Road and we had to wait a while for our food but it was worth it. Gets great reviews and deservedly so.
Eating In W12 on 21:56 - Nov 17 with 1781 viewsBoston

A thanks to Mr Brady for starting this thread. I’ve eaten a lot of very nondescript offerings on a match day...and I’m not overly fussy.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Eating In W12 on 11:39 - Nov 18 with 1710 viewshubble

Last time I ate at the Rajput Indian restaurant on Goldhawk Road it was delicious, a proper old school Indian with crisp cloth napkins and tablecloths etc and not even expensive. Highly recommend it.
Eating In W12 on 12:07 - Nov 18 with 1673 viewsTheChef

Eating In W12 on 16:27 - Nov 15 by enfieldargh

Im a great Thai fan.....

Esarn kheaw not sure where to start.

Several years ago was in there before an evening game , there were 3 of us and we were spending quite a bit on food and beers.

My eldest son pops in as were almost finishing, sits down and asks for a glass of tap water.

The old git running it charged 50p for that. Our bill was way over £100.

I remonstrated with him and he wouldnt budge wanting his 50p.

I then told him we would never step foot in his establishment again.

I can speak a little Thai so reiterated it again and suggested he rename his restaurant Esarn kee nee-ow.

Did I learn my lesson ...no.

Went there with my buddy the night of the Newcastle 0-6 game.

We got into the restaurant a little before 6pm. Got our starters an hour later and our mains at 7-20. Stuffed it down, ran to the ground and got stuffed again.

The Vine Leaf needs a health inspector visit, go in and really look around.

But then each to his own

LOLZ re the Vine Leaves!

It is, er, maybe a little ramshackle at the back and I'm quite happy not knowing what the kitchen looks like, but the food is always good and plentiful and I've never had any adverse effects.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Eating In W12 on 12:10 - Nov 18 with 1663 viewsrunningman75

I love Abu Zaad in Shepherds Bush is on the Uxbridge Road across from Shepherds Bush Hammersmith and City line station. Great middle eastern food.
Eating In W12 on 12:56 - Nov 18 with 1632 viewsrobith

Eating In W12 on 19:31 - Nov 15 by queensparker

Didn’t know about Kricket and I work right next door.

Definitely checking that out soon, menu looks amazing. Pork Shoulder Vindaloo!

kricket is peng

green beans pakora and the fried chicken are buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuff
Eating In W12 on 13:55 - Nov 18 with 1583 viewsJJB

Brilliant response to this everybody so thank you for that.

Ended up booking a table at the Princess Victoria as it looked a bit plush and seeing that this is a special occasion it ticked a box so cheers to enfieldargh who gave me the heads up on this one.

Will defo check out some of the other shouts as well though.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2019 13:56]

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Login to get fewer ads

Eating In W12 on 13:56 - Nov 18 with 1582 viewsted_hendrix

In the cafe run by Magg's on the Bloemfontein Road I normally have the following;

Two fried eggs, two bacon, two sausages, grilled tomato, liver, mushrooms, one burger (not in a bun though) peas, mashed potato, a fair old bit of gravy, two bread and butter, and a big mug of tea with two sugars.

This Country is fcking great.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Eating In W12 on 14:05 - Nov 18 with 1564 viewsEsox_Lucius

Eating In W12 on 13:56 - Nov 18 by ted_hendrix

In the cafe run by Magg's on the Bloemfontein Road I normally have the following;

Two fried eggs, two bacon, two sausages, grilled tomato, liver, mushrooms, one burger (not in a bun though) peas, mashed potato, a fair old bit of gravy, two bread and butter, and a big mug of tea with two sugars.

I bet I have seen you in there loads of times but not known who you are. LOL. I may even have spoken to you as I know quite a few in there, just never known who each other was on here.

Eating In W12 on 19:53 - Nov 18 with 1463 viewsqueensparker

Eating In W12 on 20:18 - Nov 17 by Esox_Lucius

A little more niche, and not a place to be booked for a party, but if you enjoy falafels then you would be hard pressed to find better than Mr Falafel just inside the Market on the Uxbridge Road side. Very reasonable prices too.

Is that the same fella that parks next to White City station during the week at lunchtimes? If so another recommendation - delicious and only a fiver to properly fill you up for the day.
Eating In W12 on 20:38 - Nov 18 with 1444 viewsEsox_Lucius

Eating In W12 on 19:53 - Nov 18 by queensparker

Is that the same fella that parks next to White City station during the week at lunchtimes? If so another recommendation - delicious and only a fiver to properly fill you up for the day.

Not as far as I am aware as I only go there during Saturday matches and it is a small shop/restaurant about 10-15m from the market entrance. Definitely delicious and a variety of different falafels for around £5-6
https://www.mrfalafel.co.uk/menu

Eating In W12 on 21:12 - Nov 18 with 1418 viewshoopsa

I had an amazing falafel wrap before a match one day. I was a bit smashed and not paying much attention but it was a Lebanese bakery or something, and they cooked the bread in the oven while I waited and then loaded it with all the good stuff - including the pickled turnips (essential). It was on the Uxbridge Road not far from the Adelaide - I've tried to find it again to no avail.
Eating In W12 on 21:17 - Nov 18 with 1414 viewsenfieldargh

Eating In W12 on 14:05 - Nov 18 by Esox_Lucius

I bet I have seen you in there loads of times but not known who you are. LOL. I may even have spoken to you as I know quite a few in there, just never known who each other was on here.

I'm in there most home games.

Always double egg, sausage chips & beans washed down with the strongest cuppa tea made on the planet.

My mates cuppa is off the gauge strength and is made especially for him.

you cant fault the cafe, its often the only shining light of the match day experience

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Eating In W12 on 22:47 - Nov 18 with 1372 viewsEsox_Lucius

Eating In W12 on 21:17 - Nov 18 by enfieldargh

I'm in there most home games.

Always double egg, sausage chips & beans washed down with the strongest cuppa tea made on the planet.

My mates cuppa is off the gauge strength and is made especially for him.

you cant fault the cafe, its often the only shining light of the match day experience

I will get Ray, Mags or Theresa to point out who is having that meal and introduce myself LOL

Eating In W12 on 01:15 - Nov 19 with 1345 viewsBoston

Crickey Ted, you’re radioactive!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Eating In W12 on 09:01 - Nov 19 with 1304 viewsMick_S

Having a bun would just be greedy.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024