Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meanwhile in the NFL 15:43 - Nov 15 with 1341 viewsbosh67

This has got to be a lifetime ban surely? Could have killed the guy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/50430293

Not sure Myles Garrett will or should play again.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Meanwhile in the NFL on 16:31 - Nov 15 with 1297 viewsenfieldargh

Browns sadly my team of recent years being as they were totally rubbish and my QPR DNA attracts me to teams like this.

He will get hit hard as will QPR who will get a 5 point deduction and two million pound fine

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Meanwhile in the NFL on 23:48 - Nov 15 with 1177 viewsB_Wad

Hard to project as it is sort of uncharted waters, but remember that Kareem Hunt was on the sidelines for the Browns. He was captured on security video kicking a woman laying on the ground, so the NFL has a lot of warts and coming down too hard on Garrett might expose those a bit more.

My guess is he is gone for the season and can potentially return after therapy/whatever next season.
Meanwhile in the NFL on 00:36 - Nov 16 with 1156 viewstimcocking

All seems like much ado about nothing to me. Not great, but hardly a big deal. Less danger in that fracas that at any other point in the game.
Meanwhile in the NFL on 10:16 - Nov 16 with 1055 viewsEsox_Lucius

Meanwhile in the NFL on 23:48 - Nov 15 by B_Wad

Hard to project as it is sort of uncharted waters, but remember that Kareem Hunt was on the sidelines for the Browns. He was captured on security video kicking a woman laying on the ground, so the NFL has a lot of warts and coming down too hard on Garrett might expose those a bit more.

My guess is he is gone for the season and can potentially return after therapy/whatever next season.

I watched it again on the highlights show and I feel there will be a lot more than Garret who receive censure. Mason Rudolph was definitely trying to remove Garrett's helmet before Garrett removed his, that shouldn't go unpunished. Pouncey too should get suspended for the forearm smash and kicking he gave Garrett. Ugly scenes and so uneccessary given the game was nearly done and the Browns were going to win it.

The grass is always greener.

Meanwhile in the NFL on 10:19 - Nov 16 with 1053 viewsEsox_Lucius

Meanwhile in the NFL on 00:36 - Nov 16 by timcocking

All seems like much ado about nothing to me. Not great, but hardly a big deal. Less danger in that fracas that at any other point in the game.

Respectfully, you haven't a scooby. a 6lb helmet swung with force into the head by a 230lb athlete IS a big deal, moreso as it came soon after the QB had returned from a concussion. Stick to commenting on Elephant Polo.

Meanwhile in the NFL on 17:38 - Nov 16 with 937 viewsB_Wad

Meanwhile in the NFL on 10:16 - Nov 16 by Esox_Lucius

I watched it again on the highlights show and I feel there will be a lot more than Garret who receive censure. Mason Rudolph was definitely trying to remove Garrett's helmet before Garrett removed his, that shouldn't go unpunished. Pouncey too should get suspended for the forearm smash and kicking he gave Garrett. Ugly scenes and so uneccessary given the game was nearly done and the Browns were going to win it.

Not sure if you saw it, but Pouncey got a three game suspension and the player who came in and hit Rudolph a second time is getting a one game. The word is that Rudolph will receive a fine.

The thing people aren't talking about is that to me that play should have been a kneel down. Rudolph almost got decapitated the previous play. I swear before the snap I was thinking "kneel down, right?" Why was Tomlin calling a swing pass? Nothing good could have come from that play with that score and that time remaining.
Meanwhile in the NFL on 22:49 - Nov 16 with 841 viewsMatch82

Meanwhile in the NFL on 17:38 - Nov 16 by B_Wad

Not sure if you saw it, but Pouncey got a three game suspension and the player who came in and hit Rudolph a second time is getting a one game. The word is that Rudolph will receive a fine.

The thing people aren't talking about is that to me that play should have been a kneel down. Rudolph almost got decapitated the previous play. I swear before the snap I was thinking "kneel down, right?" Why was Tomlin calling a swing pass? Nothing good could have come from that play with that score and that time remaining.

Pretty rare teams will take a knee if they are losing.
Weirdest thing to me was Rudolph's reaction after he was hit. Didn't get himself into a defensive position, didn't retaliate. First instinct was to appeal to the referee. Odd.

It was bad, but not sure it was as bad as people are making out.

Compare that to the likes of the Cantona incident, or Ron Arrest if you're looking at a US example (Google "malice in the palace" if you haven't heard of it, ridiculous), I don't think it's anywhere near as bad
Meanwhile in the NFL on 23:08 - Nov 16 with 826 viewsthame_hoops

QB gets beat to death with his own helmet ! Horrific and the browns lack of discipline all year is down to that fat chunt Freddie kitchens
Login to get fewer ads

Meanwhile in the NFL on 19:37 - Nov 17 with 726 viewsVancouverHoop

Meanwhile in the NFL on 22:49 - Nov 16 by Match82

Pretty rare teams will take a knee if they are losing.
Weirdest thing to me was Rudolph's reaction after he was hit. Didn't get himself into a defensive position, didn't retaliate. First instinct was to appeal to the referee. Odd.

It was bad, but not sure it was as bad as people are making out.

Compare that to the likes of the Cantona incident, or Ron Arrest if you're looking at a US example (Google "malice in the palace" if you haven't heard of it, ridiculous), I don't think it's anywhere near as bad

Yeah. I was talking to my fitness coach about this. He played NCAA football in the US and reckoned the only thing unusual about this incident was that it happened in front of cameras. It's not all that uncommon in practices and training scrimmages at college and high school level. He did say that Rudolph was very lucky he got hit with the faceguard rather than the crown of the helmet.
Meanwhile in the NFL on 20:09 - Nov 17 with 708 viewssmegma

Meanwhile in the NFL on 10:19 - Nov 16 by Esox_Lucius

Respectfully, you haven't a scooby. a 6lb helmet swung with force into the head by a 230lb athlete IS a big deal, moreso as it came soon after the QB had returned from a concussion. Stick to commenting on Elephant Polo.

Elephant polo HAS to be a better sport than that yank nonsense.
Meanwhile in the NFL on 20:15 - Nov 17 with 692 viewsEsox_Lucius

Meanwhile in the NFL on 20:09 - Nov 17 by smegma

Giver over, you should stick to being the worlds foremost QPR academy team expert.

Meanwhile in the NFL on 21:58 - Nov 17 with 622 viewsBoston

Meanwhile in the NFL on 20:09 - Nov 17 by smegma

The Empire will never die if you all vote for smeggers.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024