Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Senior Concession Age Change 16:22 - Nov 18 with 1712 viewsNorthantsHoop

Feel that this is a retrograde step for the club and retaining loyal older supporters, although the stats for those holding season tickets in their 50s might be dictating this move as the fan base gets older and revenue drops by half at 60. Need to encourage older supporters and by removing the concession reduction on season tickets and upping it from 60 to state pension age over a 10 year period may drive them not to renew, hence more revenue loss. There are already too many empty seats at home games without creating even more. Sent an email to the club about this.
Senior Concession Age Change on 16:45 - Nov 18 with 1658 viewsstowmarketrange

It seems to be similar to what other teams do so I don’t really have a problem with it being gradually introduced,even though I think I’ll lose out because of it.
Ipswich brought it in last summer for all over 60’s and that caused a lot of trouble with older fans,even those who had paid the oap rate for a few years suddenly had to pay full price.
And the club that used to be nicknamed the pensioners don’t allow reduced prices until you’re 65,and have always been the same.

On a separate note.I can’t really understand why over 60’s get free prescriptions any more.A lot of over 60’s are semi or fully retired and the £108 for a 12 month subscription doesn’t seem a lot to pay out these days.Obviously there will be people who can’t afford it,but hopefully those same hardship cases will be still entitled to free medicines.
And if you’re still in full time employment,like me,£108 pound a year shouldn’t really break the bank.
And yes I’m 60 next year,so I will lose out on this too,but if a few million 60-65 years olds paid in an extra £108 a year it might help pay for some extra treatment for those in need.
Senior Concession Age Change on 17:50 - Nov 18 with 1595 viewsWatford_Ranger

Senior Concession Age Change on 16:45 - Nov 18 by stowmarketrange

It seems to be similar to what other teams do so I don’t really have a problem with it being gradually introduced,even though I think I’ll lose out because of it.
Ipswich brought it in last summer for all over 60’s and that caused a lot of trouble with older fans,even those who had paid the oap rate for a few years suddenly had to pay full price.
And the club that used to be nicknamed the pensioners don’t allow reduced prices until you’re 65,and have always been the same.

On a separate note.I can’t really understand why over 60’s get free prescriptions any more.A lot of over 60’s are semi or fully retired and the £108 for a 12 month subscription doesn’t seem a lot to pay out these days.Obviously there will be people who can’t afford it,but hopefully those same hardship cases will be still entitled to free medicines.
And if you’re still in full time employment,like me,£108 pound a year shouldn’t really break the bank.
And yes I’m 60 next year,so I will lose out on this too,but if a few million 60-65 years olds paid in an extra £108 a year it might help pay for some extra treatment for those in need.

To cut a complicated story very and probably too short, older people vote en masse. Younger people historically have not.
Senior Concession Age Change on 17:54 - Nov 18 with 1587 viewssmegma

Irrespective of what the costs are I will pay it. By the time I'm 65 in 2028 we'll be playing in a 40k all seater stadium and playing in Europe.

Nurse, nurse !!!
Senior Concession Age Change on 07:15 - Nov 19 with 1429 viewsnix

Senior Concession Age Change on 17:50 - Nov 18 by Watford_Ranger

To cut a complicated story very and probably too short, older people vote en masse. Younger people historically have not.

That's exactly what I was going to say!

I also agree that you don't have to claim the free prescription.
Senior Concession Age Change on 10:02 - Nov 19 with 1345 viewsstevec

My old mum is paying 50 grand a year in Care home fees.

Boils my piss when people moan about old people claiming for free prescriptions, fck sake they've paid in enough.
Senior Concession Age Change on 11:56 - Nov 19 with 1264 viewsrobith

Apologies I've missed this and can't see anything about it online? What's it changed to?

The auld fella turned 60 in September and I thought it cheeky I have to wait a full season to get his discount
Senior Concession Age Change on 14:25 - Nov 19 with 1174 viewsNorthantsHoop

Senior Concession Age Change on 11:56 - Nov 19 by robith

Apologies I've missed this and can't see anything about it online? What's it changed to?

The auld fella turned 60 in September and I thought it cheeky I have to wait a full season to get his discount

Changes start from 2021/2022 season. It was announced through club news article on 14 November.
Senior Concession Age Change on 14:31 - Nov 19 with 1161 viewsCaptainPugwash

Senior Concession Age Change on 17:50 - Nov 18 by Watford_Ranger

Arrrrr...
Since we be in the land o' patronizin' genneralisation older peeple en masse doan give a toss what youse think.
Login to get fewer ads

Senior Concession Age Change on 14:40 - Nov 19 with 1151 viewsstowmarketrange

Senior Concession Age Change on 07:15 - Nov 19 by nix

That's exactly what I was going to say!

I also agree that you don't have to claim the free prescription.

I thought it was automatic at 60?I agree about the scandal of care home fees though.How anyone can be expected to pay that amount is wrong.
I don’t know what the answer is though.
Senior Concession Age Change on 15:08 - Nov 19 with 1117 viewsWatford_Ranger

Senior Concession Age Change on 14:31 - Nov 19 by CaptainPugwash

Arrrrr...
Since we be in the land o' patronizin' genneralisation older peeple en masse doan give a toss what youse think.

Eh? If anything it would be knocking younger people. It’s a fact that older people are more likely to vote. Not knocking them for it.
Senior Concession Age Change on 16:37 - Nov 19 with 1055 viewsNorthantsHoop

I suppose there is always winners and losers on these type of changes. The club is a business and it is their perogative to make financial decisions to recognise their current and future financial need. It might have been better if the club had put the options on concession change out to consultation, before just issuing a new policy. If I remember a couple of seasons ago they listened to supporters views on season ticket loans and removing interest payments on these.
Senior Concession Age Change on 18:06 - Nov 19 with 991 viewsfrancisbowles

Senior Concession Age Change on 16:37 - Nov 19 by NorthantsHoop

I suppose there is always winners and losers on these type of changes. The club is a business and it is their perogative to make financial decisions to recognise their current and future financial need. It might have been better if the club had put the options on concession change out to consultation, before just issuing a new policy. If I remember a couple of seasons ago they listened to supporters views on season ticket loans and removing interest payments on these.

I think it had to be done and it is being done in a sensitive manner. (Compare it to women's state pension age!)
Senior Concession Age Change on 18:43 - Nov 19 with 974 viewsenfieldargh

as a current senior my ST costs £369 which when I think about it probably only contributes a few days wages for one our average players.

Dont envy Lee Hoos one bit

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Senior Concession Age Change on 19:23 - Nov 19 with 941 viewsGloryHunter

I've had the senior reduced rate since I was 60 and, to be honest, I didn't really need it because I'm still working. But then that's the same with the Freedom Pass and free prescriptions. (Although, to be fair, I've been paying tax and NI since I was 16, so I didn't feel guilty about finally getting a few perks!)

But I did notice that other clubs were not so generous. In the Prem I bought a senior ticket away to Spurs and then realised I wasn't actually old enough - managed to sneak in with it, though!
Senior Concession Age Change on 11:01 - Nov 20 with 809 viewsLongsufferingR

Will mean I have to wait four extra years for the discount, but I have no issue with that at all. The way they are phasing it in is the fairest way of doing it as well.
Senior Concession Age Change on 11:10 - Nov 20 with 799 viewsTacticalR

I keep thinking of that joke about OAPs getting in free if accompanied by their parents.

Air hostess clique

Senior Concession Age Change on 12:12 - Nov 20 with 754 views1MoreBrightonR

I'm not sure what the issue is here...the club are being sensitive about it and reflecting the national retirement age. If they dont follow that, you can pretty much argue that any other group should get a discount. Of course there are individuals who will feel they cant afford it or who feel they deserve the discount, but you could say the same for any age group.
Senior Concession Age Change on 12:16 - Nov 20 with 746 viewsTacticalR

Senior Concession Age Change on 12:12 - Nov 20 by 1MoreBrightonR

I'm not sure what the issue is here...the club are being sensitive about it and reflecting the national retirement age. If they dont follow that, you can pretty much argue that any other group should get a discount. Of course there are individuals who will feel they cant afford it or who feel they deserve the discount, but you could say the same for any age group.

Is it going to be free football if Corbyn gets in?

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024