Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lumley or Kelly 20:55 - Nov 20 with 5276 viewsenfieldargh

If Kelly is fit for Friday does he go straight back into the starting eleven or does Joe keep his place seeing as he kept a QPR clean sheet last time out?

Lumers for me

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Lumley or Kelly on 02:10 - Nov 23 with 1414 viewsMatch82

Lumley or Kelly on 21:45 - Nov 22 by stevec

Yep, probably the worst keeper we’ve ever had.

Umm...no.
Lumley or Kelly on 04:49 - Nov 23 with 1369 viewsLoftgirl

Lumley or Kelly on 02:10 - Nov 23 by Match82

Umm...no.

I remember Derek Richardson.
Lumley or Kelly on 13:15 - Nov 23 with 1237 viewsDiscodroids

Lumley or Kelly on 21:45 - Nov 22 by stevec

Yep, probably the worst keeper we’ve ever had.

I've lost confidence in Lumley Steve and would Have Kelly, when fit, over him in a heartbeat.

However, Sieb Dijkstra, Juergen Sommer and a ten year past-his-sell-by-date Luděk Mikloško were about as safe between the sticks, as the occupants of the under 14 section of Barnardos in the dead of night with Alex salmond wandering about with a packet of Haribos strapped to his knob .
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 13:16]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Lumley or Kelly on 13:48 - Nov 23 with 1206 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrr...
Gi that man monster Dillon Barnes a spell.

Yo Ho!
Lumley or Kelly on 13:55 - Nov 23 with 1200 viewsdistortR

Lumley or Kelly on 13:15 - Nov 23 by Discodroids

I've lost confidence in Lumley Steve and would Have Kelly, when fit, over him in a heartbeat.

However, Sieb Dijkstra, Juergen Sommer and a ten year past-his-sell-by-date Luděk Mikloško were about as safe between the sticks, as the occupants of the under 14 section of Barnardos in the dead of night with Alex salmond wandering about with a packet of Haribos strapped to his knob .
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 13:16]

paint me a picture, why don't you!!
Lumley or Kelly on 15:43 - Nov 23 with 1139 viewsPlanetHonneywood

How’s Dieng doing at Donny?

A pal of mine who supports Dundee, rated him during his spell there.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lumley or Kelly on 12:29 - Nov 24 with 1015 viewsDiscodroids

Lumley or Kelly on 13:55 - Nov 23 by distortR

paint me a picture, why don't you!!

Couldn't think how else to express just how enfeebled Miklosko was by the time he ended up at Loftus road. He was a brilliant keeper in his day and i saw him often at West Ham in the early 90's, being the nearest stadium to my gaff In Newbury Park back then.

I remember sitting directly behind Mikloško at the front of the loft, just a few yards away as he let in a goal low down to his left , the ball approx 4 inches from his ankle travelling at Squatter and the Ant velocity.

He went down to ground slower than Sgt Elias emeging from the jungle under a hail of Viet Cong soviet Rp gunfire. I thought the bloke had fused Joints.

Lumley shades him. Just.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Lumley or Kelly on 12:52 - Nov 24 with 987 viewsNov77

Lumley or Kelly on 12:29 - Nov 24 by Discodroids

Couldn't think how else to express just how enfeebled Miklosko was by the time he ended up at Loftus road. He was a brilliant keeper in his day and i saw him often at West Ham in the early 90's, being the nearest stadium to my gaff In Newbury Park back then.

I remember sitting directly behind Mikloško at the front of the loft, just a few yards away as he let in a goal low down to his left , the ball approx 4 inches from his ankle travelling at Squatter and the Ant velocity.

He went down to ground slower than Sgt Elias emeging from the jungle under a hail of Viet Cong soviet Rp gunfire. I thought the bloke had fused Joints.

Lumley shades him. Just.

The trouble with miklosko is that one of these days he’s going to let fly with the most enormous fart.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

Lumley or Kelly on 12:56 - Nov 24 with 971 viewsBoston

Lumley or Kelly on 15:43 - Nov 23 by PlanetHonneywood

How’s Dieng doing at Donny?

A pal of mine who supports Dundee, rated him during his spell there.

According to a Wycombe fan I spoke to in the supermarket this morning, he played a blinder yesterday.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lumley or Kelly on 12:59 - Nov 24 with 966 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Lumley or Kelly on 12:56 - Nov 24 by Boston

According to a Wycombe fan I spoke to in the supermarket this morning, he played a blinder yesterday.

Can he be recalled, or have they got him for the season?
Lumley or Kelly on 13:08 - Nov 24 with 957 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A warning about Dieng...

Ingram, Lumley, and Kelly all impressed in lower leagues before coming here. Dieng would just be another victim of a system that doesn’t suit ANY goalkeepers at this level.
Lumley or Kelly on 13:10 - Nov 24 with 949 viewsDiscodroids

Lumley or Kelly on 12:52 - Nov 24 by Nov77

The trouble with miklosko is that one of these days he’s going to let fly with the most enormous fart.

Lumley or Kelly on 14:18 - Nov 24 with 887 viewsNed_Kennedys

Lumley or Kelly on 13:08 - Nov 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

A warning about Dieng...

Ingram, Lumley, and Kelly all impressed in lower leagues before coming here. Dieng would just be another victim of a system that doesn’t suit ANY goalkeepers at this level.

How about giving him a go before writing him off? Not regularly passing the ball directly to an opposition player or into touch shouldn't be beyond him.
Lumley or Kelly on 14:46 - Nov 24 with 866 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lumley or Kelly on 14:18 - Nov 24 by Ned_Kennedys

How about giving him a go before writing him off? Not regularly passing the ball directly to an opposition player or into touch shouldn't be beyond him.

How about you chill out and stop pulling your plonker over every post I make?
Lumley or Kelly on 15:20 - Nov 24 with 841 viewsfrancisbowles

Going back to the original question, I favoured Lumley for the other night as he had been ok against Middlesborough and on account of it being the ref who failed to take action when he was kicked in the head at Villa.

I now would prefer Kelly as although he hasn't been brilliant and there have been some nervy moments, I can't remember many errors. Warburton bought him as he knew him, having worked with him before, and believes him to be good with his feet. So he deserves a run to get over any new club or stadium nerves. Unfortunately he picked up any injury which let Lumley back in and he still seems to be unfit as he wasn't on the bench on Friday.

So what do we do on Wednesday, assuming Kelly isn't ready? Lumley has lost the crowd and any sort of dithering or mistake is going to increase the pressure on him as he will clearly hear any moans, abuse or ironic applause in our tight ground and the cameras are there again too.

Throwing Barnes in would be a real kick in the teeth for Joe but should we take him out of the firing line again to give him time to get over the mistakes and give him extra coaching on his weak areas?
Lumley or Kelly on 21:56 - Nov 24 with 773 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lumley or Kelly on 15:20 - Nov 24 by francisbowles

Going back to the original question, I favoured Lumley for the other night as he had been ok against Middlesborough and on account of it being the ref who failed to take action when he was kicked in the head at Villa.

I now would prefer Kelly as although he hasn't been brilliant and there have been some nervy moments, I can't remember many errors. Warburton bought him as he knew him, having worked with him before, and believes him to be good with his feet. So he deserves a run to get over any new club or stadium nerves. Unfortunately he picked up any injury which let Lumley back in and he still seems to be unfit as he wasn't on the bench on Friday.

So what do we do on Wednesday, assuming Kelly isn't ready? Lumley has lost the crowd and any sort of dithering or mistake is going to increase the pressure on him as he will clearly hear any moans, abuse or ironic applause in our tight ground and the cameras are there again too.

Throwing Barnes in would be a real kick in the teeth for Joe but should we take him out of the firing line again to give him time to get over the mistakes and give him extra coaching on his weak areas?

If Barnes comes in and doesn’t do well (probably because he is inexperienced at this level), that will be three failed keepers, two of which we only signed in the summer.

At what point does it become a team / coaching / management failure rather than a individual lack of ability in all three?
[Post edited 24 Nov 2019 21:59]
Lumley or Kelly on 22:29 - Nov 24 with 751 viewsNorthernr

Barnes wasn't brought here to play, and wasn't even that good for Colchester in League Two.
Lumley or Kelly on 22:43 - Nov 24 with 740 viewsNed_Kennedys

Lumley or Kelly on 14:46 - Nov 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

How about you chill out and stop pulling your plonker over every post I make?

Stick to the comedy politics mate.
Lumley or Kelly on 15:32 - Nov 26 with 589 viewsDiscodroids

No idea if Lumley is any better than this Qpr collective of Keepers,  I'm sure he his, however even if my Cockney Boaby was  wired up to Frankie Frasers black box, i couldn't tell you who any of them were.

Jake cole
Elvis putnins
Arron Lennox
Reece Crowther
Matt Pickens

Ps whoever reported me for abuse, rest assured i'll self flagellate by shaging the yeilding malleable flesh of a watermelon with Walter Ulbricht's goatee sellotaped to it.

Lumley or Kelly on 15:34 - Nov 26 with 586 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Lumley or Kelly on 15:32 - Nov 26 by Discodroids

No idea if Lumley is any better than this Qpr collective of Keepers,  I'm sure he his, however even if my Cockney Boaby was  wired up to Frankie Frasers black box, i couldn't tell you who any of them were.

Jake cole
Elvis putnins
Arron Lennox
Reece Crowther
Matt Pickens

Ps whoever reported me for abuse, rest assured i'll self flagellate by shaging the yeilding malleable flesh of a watermelon with Walter Ulbricht's goatee sellotaped to it.

As self-flagellation goes, that would seem to suffice.

Welcome back mate.
Lumley or Kelly on 16:14 - Nov 26 with 538 viewsDiscodroids

Lumley or Kelly on 15:34 - Nov 26 by CroydonCaptJack

As self-flagellation goes, that would seem to suffice.

Welcome back mate.

It was you that reported me for abuse Wasn't it Pete!!.

Now Northern will have me toiling in the LFW Lithium and salt mines until we keep a clean sheet or the entirety of Kraftwerks - 'Tour de France' Francois Kevorkian 18min 46 sec mix.

Lumley or Kelly on 16:14 - Nov 26 with 537 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Jake cole
Elvis putnins
Arron Lennox
Reece Crowther
Matt Pickens

When Elvis Putnins made an appearance at half time versus the kiddies in one of those back garden miniature goals I had a feeling he wouldn’t make it.
Lumley or Kelly on 16:17 - Nov 26 with 531 viewsDiscodroids

Lumley or Kelly on 16:14 - Nov 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

When Elvis Putnins made an appearance at half time versus the kiddies in one of those back garden miniature goals I had a feeling he wouldn’t make it.

For the life of me i can't remember him.. Great Name though.

Lumley or Kelly on 16:21 - Nov 26 with 523 viewsPinnerPaul

Kelly not fully fit yet listening to MW on the offy so Lumley it is tomorrow.
Lumley or Kelly on 16:31 - Nov 26 with 491 viewsEsox_Lucius

Jake cole
Elvis putnins
Arron Lennox
Reece Crowther
Matt Pickens

May I throw the name of Radek Cerny in to that pile of effluent?

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024