Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lumley cost us again 21:58 - Nov 22 with 9889 viewswelwynranger

I am sick of it game after game. Why can't he just clear it as far away as possible. How many points has it cost us so far.
Lumley cost us again on 22:17 - Nov 22 with 4739 viewssandsofporto

You cannot just blame the goalkeeper, there is something wrong with the whole defence. No clean sheets all Season!

We play some great football going forward are brilliant to watch however at the back, it just gets depressing we all know we are going to concede, Sort that defence out MW !!
Lumley cost us again on 23:41 - Nov 22 with 4470 viewswombat

Lumley cost us again on 22:17 - Nov 22 by sandsofporto

You cannot just blame the goalkeeper, there is something wrong with the whole defence. No clean sheets all Season!

We play some great football going forward are brilliant to watch however at the back, it just gets depressing we all know we are going to concede, Sort that defence out MW !!

He actually seems scared of j’USA putting his bot through it sometimes we had Hugill and wells up top today against a pretty poor Fulham back line , we played high pressing game so many times I I’d have liked Lumley to go long instead of short across the back four balls inviting them into us

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Lumley cost us again on 23:43 - Nov 22 with 4465 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lumley cost us again on 23:41 - Nov 22 by wombat

He actually seems scared of j’USA putting his bot through it sometimes we had Hugill and wells up top today against a pretty poor Fulham back line , we played high pressing game so many times I I’d have liked Lumley to go long instead of short across the back four balls inviting them into us

i thought he went long a fair bit?
We didn't take many risks at the back today, but his kicking was not great and bviously cost us badly. Yet we missed a lot of chances too.

Bare bones.

Lumley cost us again on 23:45 - Nov 22 with 4457 viewsdavman

Guys, like it or not, this is going to happen with this style of play. No doubt our 'keepers have been told to be brave in possession and not worry about the odd mistake here and there. It is looking increasingly likely that we may well end up with yet another 'keeper in January though...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Lumley cost us again on 02:15 - Nov 23 with 4251 viewsstainrods_elbow

Lumley cost us again on 23:45 - Nov 22 by davman

Guys, like it or not, this is going to happen with this style of play. No doubt our 'keepers have been told to be brave in possession and not worry about the odd mistake here and there. It is looking increasingly likely that we may well end up with yet another 'keeper in January though...

Eh? How is Lumley being brave by passing it directly to an opposition player under no pressure? He's just being gormless - it's nothing to do with our 'style of play'. In any case, he also makes other kinds of errors - coming for a cross at Stoke, missing it by half a mile, and almost costing us a goal and a win. It damages our already precarious defence, and I would seriously consider sellng him in Jan. if we can, as he doesn't seem to learn, and just seems mildly peeved when he makes yet another embarrassing balls-up.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Lumley cost us again on 03:05 - Nov 23 with 4225 viewsozexile

Lumley cost us again on 02:15 - Nov 23 by stainrods_elbow

Eh? How is Lumley being brave by passing it directly to an opposition player under no pressure? He's just being gormless - it's nothing to do with our 'style of play'. In any case, he also makes other kinds of errors - coming for a cross at Stoke, missing it by half a mile, and almost costing us a goal and a win. It damages our already precarious defence, and I would seriously consider sellng him in Jan. if we can, as he doesn't seem to learn, and just seems mildly peeved when he makes yet another embarrassing balls-up.

That was a terrible back pass. To play it under pressure to a right footed keeper on his left side was shocking. However he should have done what every other keeper in the football league would have done and put in the stand. Then Bollock Ball (who had a good game apart from that I thought) and move on.
Lumley cost us again on 08:01 - Nov 23 with 3996 viewsBushRanger82

We need new goalkeepers, and until we get them, we'll have to put up with Lumley and Kelly.
Lumley cost us again on 08:08 - Nov 23 with 3963 viewsLblock

I was a big fan of Lummers but he’s certainly gone backwards..... surely Aston Villa taking his face off isn’t STILL effecting him?!

He didn’t look on it at all last night
Proof came in the first half when he needlessly rushed out to Carvelho in the right back spot and totally clotheslined him. So lucky the flag had gone up for offside as that could’ve been a red.

Possibly a case of too much too soon for Joe? He was thrust in to replace a useless keeper in Ingram and started full of gusto. I get we have to accept watching young players have dips as they develop but it’s not the place for keepers to play as he has in the Championship

Still think he’ll be a good keeper in the future

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Lumley cost us again on 08:12 - Nov 23 with 3956 viewsQPR_Jim

Lumley cost us again on 23:43 - Nov 22 by Antti_Heinola

We didn't take many risks at the back today, but his kicking was not great and bviously cost us badly. Yet we missed a lot of chances too.

Yeah he needs to be working hard on his kicking on the training field if he's going to be more reliable.
Lumley cost us again on 09:06 - Nov 23 with 3819 viewsenfieldargh

You could say that Wells cost us the game, clean through with options to his right yet tries to squeeze the ball through the tightest of spaces with the keeper on top of him.

Same with Lumley but with the keeper his usually last man.

apart from that I felt his keeping/handling was good.

If you want to blame anyone blame MW as I'm sure he is under instructions to play the ball out whenever possible.

We are a work in progress , sadly the progress may not happen before Eze has gone, then we will still be a work in progress

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Lumley cost us again on 09:18 - Nov 23 with 3785 viewsridethewave

He isn’t good enough for this level. How much more evidence to people need? We were well in the game there until yet another terrible mistake.

Let’s stop pretending he’s very young, he isn’t. Let’s stop pretending he’s inexperienced, he isn’t. He just isn’t good enough to be a championship goalkeeper. It’s nothing to get upset about, it happens in football.
Lumley cost us again on 09:37 - Nov 23 with 3749 viewsjohnhoop

Lumley cost us again on 09:18 - Nov 23 by ridethewave

He isn’t good enough for this level. How much more evidence to people need? We were well in the game there until yet another terrible mistake.

Let’s stop pretending he’s very young, he isn’t. Let’s stop pretending he’s inexperienced, he isn’t. He just isn’t good enough to be a championship goalkeeper. It’s nothing to get upset about, it happens in football.

It’s easy to blame Lumley but I very much doubt that he’d try to make passes like that unless he felt under great pressure to do so from the instructions he was receiving from the management. It took just 4 games with McLaren insisting on this stuff to destroy Ingram completely last season and I can see Lumley going the same way.
Lumley cost us again on 09:46 - Nov 23 with 3713 viewsgazza1

Lumley mis-kicked the ball to their unmarked player.....it was Lumley's fault that we conceded.

However, I dont agree with the opening post......we as a team lost us the game.
Lumley cost us again on 09:48 - Nov 23 with 3691 viewsfrancisbowles

It was a poor back pass and Lumley, who otherwise was very good, took a bad touch, trying to get it onto his right foot, whilst being closed down, and then had a panic and rushed his kick.

I agree with Antti that he did go long a fair bit last night, looking for Hugill, with some success, and this lessened the risk, unfortunately the back pass that he got from Ball put him under too much pressure and he didn't cope with it.

The game turned when we failed to take advantage of our domination, add to our goal and then allowed Fulham to score a soft goal with what I think was their first real chance.

I thought the Fulham keeper played well, most shots were gathered and when he was closed down and in trouble he took the safe option and kicked it out for a throw.
Lumley cost us again on 09:57 - Nov 23 with 3677 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If Lumley started his career in August I’d be inclined to agree that he is a shithouse.

However, he was winning awards during his loan spell and we played him pretty much a whole season last year and he was fine.

He isn’t suited to this system, fair enough. But shithouse? No.
Lumley cost us again on 10:03 - Nov 23 with 3665 viewsgazza1

Why make excuses for Lumley?? He had plenty of time to strike the ball properly - he didnt do that and it went straight to the opposition. His kick was poor and cost us.....he is a professional ffs.
Lumley cost us again on 10:03 - Nov 23 with 3664 viewswelwynranger

Lumley cost us again on 22:17 - Nov 22 by sandsofporto

Yes I can. All keepers make mistakes, then they learn not to do it again they find another way. But week in week out that is unforgivable.
Lumley cost us again on 10:55 - Nov 23 with 3555 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lumley cost us again on 23:45 - Nov 22 by davman

Agreed.

To be fair, though, every coach tells his players to play to the tactics while also playing the game as they see it unfold.

I can see the pass Lumley was trying to make, we all could. Earlier in the game he made it and it led to applause and a shot on goal by us (iirc). Earlier in the season it led to a fine goal by us. But last night hos target for the straight low pass was marked. So he should have gone long and they all can chat about it later.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lumley cost us again on 11:08 - Nov 23 with 3535 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I don't know the answer to our goalkeeper situation - but have little or no confidence in either Lumley or Kelly

Lumley concedes on average 2.5 goals per game
Kelly 3.5 goals per game

I think Lumley is a better shot stopper
Kelly marginally better with the ball at his feet
Lumley cost us again on 11:14 - Nov 23 with 3513 viewsTacticalR

Lumley cost us again on 08:08 - Nov 23 by Lblock

I was a big fan of Lummers but he’s certainly gone backwards..... surely Aston Villa taking his face off isn’t STILL effecting him?!

He didn’t look on it at all last night
Proof came in the first half when he needlessly rushed out to Carvelho in the right back spot and totally clotheslined him. So lucky the flag had gone up for offside as that could’ve been a red.

Possibly a case of too much too soon for Joe? He was thrust in to replace a useless keeper in Ingram and started full of gusto. I get we have to accept watching young players have dips as they develop but it’s not the place for keepers to play as he has in the Championship

Still think he’ll be a good keeper in the future

As mentioned previously some men just don't react well to being kicked in the head.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 11:15]

Air hostess clique

Lumley cost us again on 11:17 - Nov 23 with 3497 viewsTHEBUSH

This, but I think Lumley must have been under orders to go long, but for me we lost because we didn't put our many chances away.
Lumley cost us again on 11:19 - Nov 23 with 3487 viewszizoustainrod

Lumley cost us again on 09:48 - Nov 23 by francisbowles

It was a poor back pass and Lumley, who otherwise was very good, took a bad touch, trying to get it onto his right foot, whilst being closed down, and then had a panic and rushed his kick.

I agree with Antti that he did go long a fair bit last night, looking for Hugill, with some success, and this lessened the risk, unfortunately the back pass that he got from Ball put him under too much pressure and he didn't cope with it.

The game turned when we failed to take advantage of our domination, add to our goal and then allowed Fulham to score a soft goal with what I think was their first real chance.

I thought the Fulham keeper played well, most shots were gathered and when he was closed down and in trouble he took the safe option and kicked it out for a throw.

Totally agree. Don't know what those other fullas were watching.
Lumley cost us again on 11:19 - Nov 23 with 3487 viewsMedwayR

Ingram came in to replace Smithies and looked short on confidence, the fans reaction was to criticise at every opportunity and often go over the top, however I can't recall Ingram directly costing us goals.

Lumley (only a year younger than Ingram) came in and immediately looked better because he looked confident, however he cost us goals last season and in my opinion wasn't actually a better GK than Ingram, just had more self-confidence. Despite costing us goals a lot of people seemed to think he was god's gift to goalkeeping and were over the top in their praise of him and even seemed to think Bristol City were ready to spend £2m on him, how laughable. He's now costing us a goal every other game and people still try to defend him. He's crap, always has been, wake up people.

Kelly comes in, has done ok, not cost us any goals yet people are taking the Ingram approach towards him.

I don't get our fans at times.

Poll: Who’s better?

Lumley cost us again on 11:56 - Nov 23 with 3421 viewsfrancisbowles

Lumley cost us again on 11:19 - Nov 23 by MedwayR

Ingram came in to replace Smithies and looked short on confidence, the fans reaction was to criticise at every opportunity and often go over the top, however I can't recall Ingram directly costing us goals.

Lumley (only a year younger than Ingram) came in and immediately looked better because he looked confident, however he cost us goals last season and in my opinion wasn't actually a better GK than Ingram, just had more self-confidence. Despite costing us goals a lot of people seemed to think he was god's gift to goalkeeping and were over the top in their praise of him and even seemed to think Bristol City were ready to spend £2m on him, how laughable. He's now costing us a goal every other game and people still try to defend him. He's crap, always has been, wake up people.

Kelly comes in, has done ok, not cost us any goals yet people are taking the Ingram approach towards him.

I don't get our fans at times.

Whilst, I might take Kelly over Lumley, to say he is crap and always has been is way over the top.

Yes he makes mistakes, when he rushes things or loses concentration and I don't know whether he can cut that out but he was otherwise pretty good last night and against Middlesborough.

Kelly is injured at present, so we more or less have to pick Lumley and try and improve him. We have already written off Ingram, we are not in a position to do the same again.
Lumley cost us again on 12:01 - Nov 23 with 3411 viewspaulparker

Lumley cost us again on 09:57 - Nov 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

If Lumley started his career in August I’d be inclined to agree that he is a shithouse.

However, he was winning awards during his loan spell and we played him pretty much a whole season last year and he was fine.

He isn’t suited to this system, fair enough. But shithouse? No.

Sorry but he has been poor for well over a year
We need to get rid of him if we get the chance, he is 25 and not going to improve anytime soon
A decent goalkeeper should save you 10 points a season not cost you 10 points
He couldn’t sense danger if a bunson burner was lit under his feet he puts the defence on edge

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024