Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lumley cost us again 21:58 - Nov 22 with 9898 viewswelwynranger

I am sick of it game after game. Why can't he just clear it as far away as possible. How many points has it cost us so far.
Lumley cost us again on 14:20 - Nov 27 with 1818 viewsTacticalR

@Benny_the_Ball 'Having said all that my original post was not so much about what MW should say but rather what he should do.'

The answer is obvious. He should win every game.

Air hostess clique

Lumley cost us again on 14:24 - Nov 27 with 1799 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lumley cost us again on 17:10 - Nov 23 by VancouverHoop

Either the players don't understand what they're being asked to do, or are unable to deliver it, but digging out defenders in public isn't good management, it's only likely to affect their confidence further. They know they're shipping too many goals, so does Warburton. He's doing the right thing spreading responsibility around. What he, and the coaching staff, haven't been able to do yet is solve the team's defensive woes. It's on them ultimately.

I agree that MW shouldn't dig out defenders in public; there are more subtle ways of addressing the point in interviews. However, saying that the real problem lies with not taking our chances (a) ignores the defensive issue and (b) indirectly digs out the forwards. Forwards at this level can't be expected to take every single chance to bail out the defence. Given that 2 QPR forwards are in the top 6 scorers in the division and 3 in the top 12, they could be forgiven for thinking that the criticism is a little unfair on them.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 22:56]
Lumley cost us again on 15:06 - Nov 27 with 1767 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lumley cost us again on 14:38 - Nov 23 by Antti_Heinola

You cannot compare it to Warnock, Benny, come on. It's easy to be pragmatic when you have the money and talent he had. Not saying he didn't do a brilliant job, he did, but if you literally picked up Faurlin and Derry from that team and dropped them into this we'd be 2nd or 3rd in the league with no change to our system or tactics.

Warnock didn't spend fortunes to assemble that squad. Derry and Hill arrived on free transfers. Faurlin also joined on a Bosman (though QPR eventually paid £650k to a 3rd party). Paddy Kenny was signed for £750k.

Besides if MW has less talent at his disposal then surely that's a reason to be more pragmatic with his tactics?
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 15:11]
Lumley cost us again on 21:47 - Nov 27 with 1679 viewsGloucs_R

Poll: Are we staying up?

Lumley cost us again on 21:49 - Nov 27 with 1666 viewspaulparker

That first goal summed him up , dithering and then falls on his backside

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Lumley cost us again on 22:16 - Nov 27 with 1541 viewsRangersDave

Which is why we need a new keeper who can save shots, kick the ball and 'maybe' who has played for us in the past.

Yes it might cost, but as we are on a downward slide, that cost might just be justified.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Lumley cost us again on 23:08 - Nov 27 with 1402 viewsCamberleyR

Lumley cost us again on 15:06 - Nov 27 by Benny_the_Ball

Warnock didn't spend fortunes to assemble that squad. Derry and Hill arrived on free transfers. Faurlin also joined on a Bosman (though QPR eventually paid £650k to a 3rd party). Paddy Kenny was signed for £750k.

Besides if MW has less talent at his disposal then surely that's a reason to be more pragmatic with his tactics?
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 15:11]

You missed out:

Bradley Orr £500k
Adel £1m
Jamie Mackie £500k
Tommy Smith £1.5m
Rob Hulse £1m

So added to the Kenny transfer, for the time, that was a fairly tidy sum.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Lumley cost us again on 23:10 - Nov 27 with 1393 viewsDannytheR

Lumley cost us again on 23:08 - Nov 27 by CamberleyR

You missed out:

Bradley Orr £500k
Adel £1m
Jamie Mackie £500k
Tommy Smith £1.5m
Rob Hulse £1m

He also didn't sign Faurlin.
Login to get fewer ads

Lumley cost us again on 00:21 - Nov 28 with 1291 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Lumley cost us again on 23:10 - Nov 27 by DannytheR

No Paladini did
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 2:00]
Lumley cost us again on 03:21 - Nov 28 with 1229 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lumley cost us again on 23:08 - Nov 27 by CamberleyR

You missed out:

Bradley Orr £500k
Adel £1m
Jamie Mackie £500k
Tommy Smith £1.5m
Rob Hulse £1m

That's still hardly extravagant and doesn't take into account the out-goings. It's also irrelevant because the focus of this conversation is specifically the players required to make MW's system work, namely a decent goalkeeper, defender and midfielder.

Moreover you're conveniently ignoring the main point. If, as you say, this squad is less talented, then Warburton needs to show MORE not less pragmatism in his approach.
Lumley cost us again on 03:37 - Nov 28 with 1219 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lumley cost us again on 23:10 - Nov 27 by DannytheR

Indeed, so that strengthens my argument that Warnock did not spend shed-loads of money building that squad.

Faurlin joined the year before Warnock arrived, as did Taraabt on loan (though he later signed for an undisclosed fee). Mackie and Hulse also joined for undisclosed fees so the figures quoted above are mere speculation.
Lumley cost us again on 03:40 - Nov 28 with 1217 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lumley cost us again on 21:49 - Nov 27 by paulparker

That first goal summed him up , dithering and then falls on his backside

I'm not sure you can blame the first goal on Lumley but the fourth was really poor on his part. The only consolation for him was on this occasion it didn't cost us the match as we were already 3-0 down at the time.
Lumley cost us again on 06:48 - Nov 28 with 1113 viewsGloucs_R

Lumley cost us again on 03:40 - Nov 28 by Benny_the_Ball

I'm not sure you can blame the first goal on Lumley but the fourth was really poor on his part. The only consolation for him was on this occasion it didn't cost us the match as we were already 3-0 down at the time.

Just watched the goals.

Flapped at the first
Should have done better for the third
School boy keeping for the fourth

Where was Kelly last night?

Lumley cost us again on 07:46 - Nov 28 with 1046 viewsLoftgirl

Lumley cost us again on 06:48 - Nov 28 by Gloucs_R

Just watched the goals.

Flapped at the first
Should have done better for the third
School boy keeping for the fourth

Where was Kelly last night?

Has anybody here seen Kelly? Kelly from the Isle of Man.
Lumley cost us again on 10:30 - Nov 28 with 946 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lumley cost us again on 14:08 - Nov 27 by Benny_the_Ball

Sorry for the delayed response, Brian; I've been under the weather this week and therefore off the radar.

Good question but one that is very difficult to answer succinctly other than to say it depends on the circumstances. For example, at 3 games without a clean sheet MW could reasonably defend individual mistakes as QPR were winning matches regardless. However when the run stretches to 9 games without a clean sheet and no wins in the last 5, the same argument loses credibility.

In terms of what he should say, for now MW should simply focus on reminding everyone that it's a new squad with a new manager learning new ideas in season. Occasional mistakes are part-and-parcel of the learning curve and the experience will stand the players in good stead further down the line. To be fair, he alludes to this in the Forest preview but then reverts to talking about accountability as a team.

Having said all that my original post was not so much about what MW should say but rather what he should do. The squad is currently a work in progress and some players are not naturally suited to MW's preferred style. As a result I think he should adapt his tactics slightly until such time he's built a squad that is wholly comfortable with playing through the lines.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 14:10]

Good post.

Hope you're feeling better, Benny. Apart from last night, obviously...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lumley cost us again on 10:34 - Nov 28 with 921 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Can we all agree that this is out of order?

Lumley cost us again on 10:38 - Nov 28 with 914 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lumley cost us again on 10:34 - Nov 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Jesus...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lumley cost us again on 10:48 - Nov 28 with 882 viewsDejR_vu

No doubt posted by a bunch of losers who’ve never achieved anything in their lives and no doubt never will.

Twitter is a sewer.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Lumley cost us again on 10:54 - Nov 28 with 849 viewsGloucs_R

One of the reasons I have deleted my Twitter account....

Lumley cost us again on 11:02 - Nov 28 with 829 viewsgazza1

Said it before, will say it again......he cost us a goal on Friday, he has cost us a few times before another (1 or 2) last night. But I am sure there will be many who think he is good enough - he clearly isnt, his job is to make saves, catch crosses and distribute the ball - he fails very often on all accounts.

He will never be good enough to play a decent level of professional football, harsh but true.
Lumley cost us again on 11:11 - Nov 28 with 809 viewsMick_S

Lumley cost us again on 11:02 - Nov 28 by gazza1

Said it before, will say it again......he cost us a goal on Friday, he has cost us a few times before another (1 or 2) last night. But I am sure there will be many who think he is good enough - he clearly isnt, his job is to make saves, catch crosses and distribute the ball - he fails very often on all accounts.

He will never be good enough to play a decent level of professional football, harsh but true.

He doesn't stand a chance given his current level of confidence, which is why he needs to be dropped for a while for his own state of mind. I hate, really hate to say this, but I do not want to see someone at our club destroyed.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Lumley cost us again on 11:16 - Nov 28 with 791 viewsgazza1

So you blame him making so many amateur errors is because of his confidence - he has had no confidence for 18 months then!!!
Lumley cost us again on 11:18 - Nov 28 with 782 viewsDannytheR

Lumley cost us again on 11:11 - Nov 28 by Mick_S

He doesn't stand a chance given his current level of confidence, which is why he needs to be dropped for a while for his own state of mind. I hate, really hate to say this, but I do not want to see someone at our club destroyed.

The ghost of Matt Ingram would agree with you.
Lumley cost us again on 11:22 - Nov 28 with 763 viewsMick_S

Lumley cost us again on 11:16 - Nov 28 by gazza1

So you blame him making so many amateur errors is because of his confidence - he has had no confidence for 18 months then!!!

He's struggling at the moment, that's clear to us all. The bloke needs supporting, not slating. Given the way things currently are for him, there is no way we are going to get the best from Lumley. He needs a break, then perhaps we can review and see what we have got. He may not be good enough, I just don't know but he needs a rest.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Lumley cost us again on 11:35 - Nov 28 with 726 viewspaulparker

Lumley cost us again on 11:22 - Nov 28 by Mick_S

He's struggling at the moment, that's clear to us all. The bloke needs supporting, not slating. Given the way things currently are for him, there is no way we are going to get the best from Lumley. He needs a break, then perhaps we can review and see what we have got. He may not be good enough, I just don't know but he needs a rest.

He needs to be sold or moved on loan he isn’t good enough and is an accident waiting to happen
I can’t remember the last time he pulled off a match winning save (Leeds home last season ? )
A good goalkeeper should save you 7/10 points not give away 10

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024