Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report 15:17 - Nov 24 with 2992 viewsNorthernr

Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report 24th Nov 2019 15:07
QPR were so good for so long at Fulham on Friday night, but ultimately left empty handed thanks to their inability to mark lone strikers attacking wide service, and a propensity to self destruct in challenging moments of games. 12

Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 15:42 - Nov 24 with 2933 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent report, Clive.

Agree with every word.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 15:53 - Nov 24 with 2909 viewsJAPRANGERS

Really good report Clive, thanks for your great analysis!

Wonder what will happen against Forest? After the 2 obligatory donated goals, can we get 3 or more, mmm....... Could it turn ugly if we lose again?
Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 16:41 - Nov 24 with 2811 viewsDannytheR

Excellent report. Terrifying final line.
Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 17:00 - Nov 24 with 2784 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Great report.

Good to see Kane get over a couple of hiccups
Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 19:49 - Nov 24 with 2512 viewsdaveB

I only watched on tv but for the first 20 minutes we were outstanding and really should have been 3-0 up Wells and Kane both missed really good chances and when you don't take those with a defence like ours it will cost us. I thought Amos was really good as was Eze whilst Wallace did a brilliant job of pushing up from defence and closing them down.

Yet we still managed to lose, second half was a lot closer and thought Fulham managed the last 20 minutes well but we deserved a point from the game and made a chance to see us go toe to toe with them, usually even when we've beaten them in recent years it's been more luck than judgement and they have battered us.

I've read a lot of social media since Friday about how playing out from the back is the issue but I didn't think wanting to play that way was the problem at all. The first goal was diabolical defending first from Manning, then BFG having no idea what was happening behind him and Hall failing to track the only forward around the box.

The second of course comes from playing out but knowing when and how to do it should be pretty basic and I've no idea what sort of pass that is from Lumley, best case Eze gets the ball under pressure from 2 players, it was a stupid decision from Lumley.

Really frustrating and I think the next few weeks will define the season, if we get a few wins we should cement ourselves in mid table but we're not a million miles away from another year of struggle and surprisingly have less points than we did a year ago so Clives mention of Warnock drums are not as mad as it should be.
Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 23:11 - Nov 24 with 2267 viewsPunteR

Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 19:49 - Nov 24 by daveB

I only watched on tv but for the first 20 minutes we were outstanding and really should have been 3-0 up Wells and Kane both missed really good chances and when you don't take those with a defence like ours it will cost us. I thought Amos was really good as was Eze whilst Wallace did a brilliant job of pushing up from defence and closing them down.

Yet we still managed to lose, second half was a lot closer and thought Fulham managed the last 20 minutes well but we deserved a point from the game and made a chance to see us go toe to toe with them, usually even when we've beaten them in recent years it's been more luck than judgement and they have battered us.

I've read a lot of social media since Friday about how playing out from the back is the issue but I didn't think wanting to play that way was the problem at all. The first goal was diabolical defending first from Manning, then BFG having no idea what was happening behind him and Hall failing to track the only forward around the box.

The second of course comes from playing out but knowing when and how to do it should be pretty basic and I've no idea what sort of pass that is from Lumley, best case Eze gets the ball under pressure from 2 players, it was a stupid decision from Lumley.

Really frustrating and I think the next few weeks will define the season, if we get a few wins we should cement ourselves in mid table but we're not a million miles away from another year of struggle and surprisingly have less points than we did a year ago so Clives mention of Warnock drums are not as mad as it should be.

Loved Warnock but if we sack Warburton for him i'm done. Doubt it will happen but then again this football malarky has lost the plot so anything could happen.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 08:13 - Nov 25 with 2079 viewsTheChef

Thanks for the report Clive. Like you say we're really a couple of players away from being a very good side, and in all fairness we're not bad at the moment at least going forwards compared to some of the dross we've seen recently. Agreed that we just need a bit more pragmatism in certain situations, and there is nothing wrong with that. Also we're really not getting much luck at the moment - seems like every individual mistake is getting the maximum punishment, and if that ball off Ream goes in to make it 2-0 rather than hit the post then it could have been a very different game.

Sacking Warburton would be absolutely ridiculous, and you hope the people in charge have enough experience now to know that chopping and changing managers will get us nowhere.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 09:22 - Nov 25 with 1998 viewsbosh67

Can't believe that after a first bad run of results that fans are even talking about Warburton going. Granted he needs to sort out the defence and I am sure it is top of the agenda for the transfer window. He did try and get in one in the summer. If we can shut the back door this team could massively exceed expectations. Warburton needs a couple of seasons of keeping this team in this division and the shackles of FFP off his shoulders to be able to really put a team together.

Yes our defending is horrific but in the main, before this patch, we were arguably playing the best football since Venables, Doherty and Jago.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 10:46 - Nov 25 with 1886 viewsstevec

Think the manager is perfectly safe and rightly so, we're playing some good football.

He may well be right that we have an issue in centre mid, but is he over thinking it? It's not centre mid who seem to be incapable of marking lone centre forwards or a keeper making monumental fck ups and the same things happening on a regular basis.

Don't think I've ever noticed Hall and Leinster speak to each other, seems to be absolutely no understanding between them.

In the end, MW will be judged on how he deals with those two and the keeper, basically he needs to have the clout of the Board behind him in seeking replacements come January. If that doesn't happen then he will come under pressure.
Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 11:04 - Nov 25 with 1863 viewsdaveB

Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 10:46 - Nov 25 by stevec

Think the manager is perfectly safe and rightly so, we're playing some good football.

He may well be right that we have an issue in centre mid, but is he over thinking it? It's not centre mid who seem to be incapable of marking lone centre forwards or a keeper making monumental fck ups and the same things happening on a regular basis.

Don't think I've ever noticed Hall and Leinster speak to each other, seems to be absolutely no understanding between them.

In the end, MW will be judged on how he deals with those two and the keeper, basically he needs to have the clout of the Board behind him in seeking replacements come January. If that doesn't happen then he will come under pressure.

I think he has a point about the central midfield, having someone brave on the ball who can get it from the defence and play out would really improve this side, it won't help with the cock ups like the first goal on Friday but that has been a weakness for us this season whoever has played there from Scowen to Ball to Amos they have all done OK but a better player in that area would really help improve the team. For instance an Ale Faurlin type in this team would have us comfortably top half imo
Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 11:44 - Nov 25 with 1811 viewsTheChef

Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 11:04 - Nov 25 by daveB

I think he has a point about the central midfield, having someone brave on the ball who can get it from the defence and play out would really improve this side, it won't help with the cock ups like the first goal on Friday but that has been a weakness for us this season whoever has played there from Scowen to Ball to Amos they have all done OK but a better player in that area would really help improve the team. For instance an Ale Faurlin type in this team would have us comfortably top half imo

"For instance an Ale Faurlin type in this team would have us comfortably top half imo."

Get him back!! He's currently wasting his time at Marbella in the Spanish 2nd division.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 12:09 - Nov 25 with 1780 viewsstevec

Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 11:04 - Nov 25 by daveB

Yes, but first things first.

Ball playing centre mids tend to cost an arm and a leg. Also, it's not been the ball playing at the heart of the defence that's been the immediate problem, it's been their inefficiency when they don't have the ball.
Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 13:14 - Nov 25 with 1673 viewsAustrianHoop

Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 10:46 - Nov 25 by stevec

Well, if there is a language barrier between an English and a German defender, it will be probably even worse should we get the Scottish defender in...
Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 11:22 - Nov 26 with 1087 viewsNorthantsHoop

Totally agree with Clive's report of the game. There is no need to panic, always believed that Warburton was the best appointment for the club. We have a very limited budget and restrictions and to be mid table at this stage is meeting expectations. Defence is a problem but when has it not been in the last few years, difference is that we score goals and playing some decent football. One big improvement is our ability to be competitive away from home and we have won games where we were getting turned over so easily in the past. Stick with the project and support Warburton it could well pay dividends.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 11:23]
Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 23:15 - Nov 26 with 961 viewsqprd

Clive, on the topic of pragmatism: look at our subs bench on Friday

Keeper, Matt Smith, chair, Pugh, BOS, scowen, mlakar.

Only one player who can kind of do a defensive job while Angel Rangel and Conor masterson were sitting with the fans in the away end

I don’t know the injury limitations that we had. But what was warburtons plan if we were up 1-0 with 15 minutes left, and just had to see out the match? Swap mlakar for Wells? Even Fulham swapped out cavaleiro and knockeart for McDonald and Christie after they went up 2-1

It just belies a total lack of pragamatism and cynicism

A subs bench should consist of varied players who can come into different game situations and do a job. By selecting a bunch of attacking players w similar skill sets, it’s apparent that warburton doesn’t really have a plan b
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 23:19]
Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 00:25 - Nov 27 with 915 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Familiar failings floor QPR at Fulham - Report on 23:15 - Nov 26 by qprd

Clive, on the topic of pragmatism: look at our subs bench on Friday

Keeper, Matt Smith, chair, Pugh, BOS, scowen, mlakar.

Only one player who can kind of do a defensive job while Angel Rangel and Conor masterson were sitting with the fans in the away end

I don’t know the injury limitations that we had. But what was warburtons plan if we were up 1-0 with 15 minutes left, and just had to see out the match? Swap mlakar for Wells? Even Fulham swapped out cavaleiro and knockeart for McDonald and Christie after they went up 2-1

It just belies a total lack of pragamatism and cynicism

A subs bench should consist of varied players who can come into different game situations and do a job. By selecting a bunch of attacking players w similar skill sets, it’s apparent that warburton doesn’t really have a plan b
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 23:19]

Or that we have no fit defenders, possibly?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024