Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe 15:32 - Nov 29 with 7905 viewskensalriser

Thanks to Antti for the inspiration.

Found out
Stonewall penalty
Recycling possession
Flat track bully
20 goal a season striker

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 15:35 - Nov 29 with 4212 viewsNed_Kennedys

Clean Sheet
Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 15:48 - Nov 29 with 4184 viewsJuzzie

He has the right to go down

They even themselves out over the season

A little bit offside
Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 15:49 - Nov 29 with 4182 viewscolinallcars

Penalty all day long.
Turned him inside out.

Not a cliche but a nice turn of phrase from a commentator - Elegant as a gazelle but tough as teak.
Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 16:07 - Nov 29 with 4150 viewsAntti_Heinola

He almost hit it too well

Bare bones.

Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 16:31 - Nov 29 with 4132 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Got to make the goalkeeper make a save

No you fcking don’t.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 16:32 - Nov 29 with 4123 viewsted_hendrix

"Keep the ball, keep the fcing ball"

Sat in front of Clive once away at Forest, I'm sure it was him who said what seemed like every 5 minutes,"second ball, SECOND BALL"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 16:39 - Nov 29 with 4100 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 16:07 - Nov 29 by Antti_Heinola

He almost hit it too well

Yep. Does my head in.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 16:40 - Nov 29 with 4098 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Physicality.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 16:42 - Nov 29 with 4091 viewsHantsR

Slide rule pass
Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 17:32 - Nov 29 with 4041 viewsAntti_Heinola

Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 16:42 - Nov 29 by HantsR

Slide rule pass

Back to basics.

Bare bones.

Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 17:52 - Nov 29 with 4011 viewsqprxtc

“That could have gone anywhere”.

It did.

“He’s lost the dressing room”.

Eh?

“Tactically naive”.

Meaningless bollox.

“Get yer tits out for the lads”.

Yes please.
Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 18:02 - Nov 29 with 4000 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

In and around the box.
Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 18:50 - Nov 29 with 3969 viewsPinnerPaul

Its about taking your chances in this league (As opposed to those leagues who give you points for not scoring I suppose?)

Corner ball - where did that come from - we don't say goal kick ball or free kick ball?
Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 18:54 - Nov 29 with 3962 viewsPinnerPaul

and a few from my officiating - just a few - promise!

Two sides out there ref - Really, never knew that!

You saw that lino - normally when the ref is 5 yards away and I'm about 50+

My best/worse is when the ref has given a foul and you get 'You have to help him out there lino' - like maybe run onto the pitch and snatch the whistle from his hand perhaps?!
Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 18:56 - Nov 29 with 3959 viewsPinnerPaul

Freefall - sorry Bobbi66!
Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 19:36 - Nov 29 with 3934 viewscolinallcars

Stung the goalie's hands.....
Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 19:40 - Nov 29 with 3922 viewsCamberleyR

"He's a proper football man"

Managers (yes I'm talking about you Sean Dyche) referring to their team or squad as "the group"

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 19:59 - Nov 29 with 3904 viewsDorse

Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 18:02 - Nov 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

In and around the box.

Or 'the pitch' as it is sometimes known.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 20:05 - Nov 29 with 3887 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Plucky lower-/non-league minnows.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 20:29 - Nov 29 with 3863 viewsWokingR

Probably scored too early
What !?
Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 21:05 - Nov 29 with 3848 viewsrsonist

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Football-Cliches-Adam-Hurrey/dp/1472241347

One of the great sports books. Top, top twitterer too.
Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 21:23 - Nov 29 with 3828 viewsBathRanger

Early doors
Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 21:26 - Nov 29 with 3824 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Keep it simple (boot it)
It was a soft penalty (it wasn't a penalty!)
Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 21:55 - Nov 29 with 3803 viewspaulparker

Class of 92

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Meaningless football cliches that make you cringe on 22:05 - Nov 29 with 3788 viewsizlingtonhoop

Denied by the woodwork

It doesn't take part, he missed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024