Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amazon Prime 20:57 - Dec 3 with 9105 viewsmarkrtid

I was thinking of ending my hardly used account after Christmas but they seem to be upping the ante regarding live football games.
Not too bothered about tonights games. (Thats why I'm typing this.) Tomorrows choice looks good though.
More of an open market which can only make things interesting in the future?
Amazon Prime on 20:59 - Dec 3 with 5480 viewsMiss_Terraces

More interesting? I think you mean even more expensive

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Amazon Prime on 21:05 - Dec 3 with 5462 viewsstowmarketrange

It might be time to use the 30 day free trial.
Amazon Prime on 21:10 - Dec 3 with 5441 viewsmarkrtid

Amazon Prime on 20:59 - Dec 3 by Miss_Terraces

More interesting? I think you mean even more expensive

How though? Genuine question.

I don't have Sky or BT. Never felt the need. (Except The Simpsons when it was good.)
I hated the fact that Rupurt had verything and terrestrial got the scraps....sod it! Yes I'm still bitter about that Squarial I bought.
Amazon Prime on 21:14 - Dec 3 with 5425 viewsWrightUp5hit___

It's ITV Digital going broke while owing millions that still boils my piss
Amazon Prime on 21:17 - Dec 3 with 5418 viewsmarkrtid

Amazon Prime on 21:05 - Dec 3 by stowmarketrange

Not a bad time of the year to do so.
If you plan your 30 day free trial well you could binge on 'Vikings' etc. A bit of football AND next day delivery. Tell them you don't want to continue in January. Sorted! Good luck.
Amazon Prime on 21:57 - Dec 3 with 5333 viewsstowmarketrange

Amazon Prime on 21:17 - Dec 3 by markrtid

Not a bad time of the year to do so.
If you plan your 30 day free trial well you could binge on 'Vikings' etc. A bit of football AND next day delivery. Tell them you don't want to continue in January. Sorted! Good luck.

The only problem I can see is them finding out that I’ve already used it twice in the last couple of years.
Amazon Prime on 22:43 - Dec 3 with 5221 viewssmegma

Amazon Prime on 21:05 - Dec 3 by stowmarketrange

I received the letter in the post yesterday. I binned it. I wouldn't watch it even if it was free for a year.
Amazon Prime on 23:04 - Dec 3 with 5190 viewsSimonJames

I think virtually everything I watch now is on Prime (or BT Sport for the rugby). I hardly ever use my Netflix account (although the rest of the family do).
Mind you I only watch an hour tv per day (except Saturday).

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

Amazon Prime on 06:36 - Dec 4 with 5079 viewsthame_hoops

I think prime is excellent, not just for tv but for actual amazon. Didn’t think I’d need it but once you have access to same day/next day free delivery virtually everything I buy is from there. Needed vitamins, instead of writing in my shopping list for next time I went straight to amazon, cheaper, delivered next day, I do this with loads of things I need. And the tv content is excellent,
Amazon Prime on 08:00 - Dec 4 with 4994 viewsJuzzie

I’ve had Prime for quite a few years and its been great. Films, tv shows (I enjoyed The Man In The High Castle and even the Grand Tour), quick delivery of stuff.

I cancelled Sky Sports a few years ago as it was getting too expensive and I just didn’t get time to watch it on the TV. Now I can watch games at no extra cost and on my tablet while I’m moving around the house, putting the kids to bed etc.

My only concern is at some point they’re going to put prices up and will we then have the option to opt out of sports or are we tied in without any choice?
Amazon Prime on 08:08 - Dec 4 with 4983 viewsShotKneesHoop

Amazon Prime on 21:57 - Dec 3 by stowmarketrange

The only problem I can see is them finding out that I’ve already used it twice in the last couple of years.

Amazon don't care, they work the basis that eventually you'll sign up. I must have used a Prime monthly trial a dozen times. Amazon keep inviting me to use another free trial for a month, so I don't disappoint them.

If only we could have used the Prime free trial format of Redknobb's transfer acquisitions, we wouldn't be subject to FFP now.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 8:10]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Amazon Prime on 08:44 - Dec 4 with 4931 viewsrunningman75

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/dec/03/amazon-prime-video-tv-foot
Amazon Prime on 08:50 - Dec 4 with 4919 viewsMetallica_Hoop

'The Expanse' is back on the 13th for the first time on Amazon.

It looks rather splendid.

My memership is worth it just for this and I'm enjoying the finale of 'The man in the High Castle' Vikings is back too.

What's not to like.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Amazon Prime on 09:26 - Dec 4 with 4871 viewsMick_S

My son told me this morning that there is a no commentary option, which is a plus. Still a load of old Horlicks though.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Amazon Prime on 09:40 - Dec 4 with 4845 viewsrobith

Amazon Prime on 21:10 - Dec 3 by markrtid

How though? Genuine question.

I don't have Sky or BT. Never felt the need. (Except The Simpsons when it was good.)
I hated the fact that Rupurt had verything and terrestrial got the scraps....sod it! Yes I'm still bitter about that Squarial I bought.

Because none of the providers show the same games, so it's just another payment to watch. There's no competition in the market at all, it's all just rent seeking
Amazon Prime on 10:23 - Dec 4 with 4769 viewsfrancisbowles

Nobody seems to have mentioned that they only have twenty games, all in December and on just four or five days.

They are just using it as a Christmas marketing tool to get traffic on their website and see how many people they retain.

It's still something for nothing as long as you don't forget to cancel.
Amazon Prime on 11:28 - Dec 4 with 4691 viewspaulparker

Amazon Prime on 09:26 - Dec 4 by Mick_S

My son told me this morning that there is a no commentary option, which is a plus. Still a load of old Horlicks though.

Especially when you have the awful Jim beglin on commentary who thought he would be good idea ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Amazon Prime on 12:27 - Dec 4 with 4643 viewsbob566

its going to come down to owning multiple subscriptions which makes a tv license look like a bloody good bargain before sport went terrestrial.

I don't like the way its going. A bit of me is delighted sky don't have a monopoly any more even though I have a subscription with them but it was handy having all the sport in the one place.

Now i'll need a primesports, amazon prime, EIRsports, BT sports and god knows whatever else subscription.
Amazon Prime on 12:40 - Dec 4 with 4612 viewssmegma

Amazon Prime on 12:27 - Dec 4 by bob566

its going to come down to owning multiple subscriptions which makes a tv license look like a bloody good bargain before sport went terrestrial.

I don't like the way its going. A bit of me is delighted sky don't have a monopoly any more even though I have a subscription with them but it was handy having all the sport in the one place.

Now i'll need a primesports, amazon prime, EIRsports, BT sports and god knows whatever else subscription.

No one forces you to subscribe .

Ive never subscribed to any sports channel , I'd rather be at a game than sit in doors watching a team I don't support.
Amazon Prime on 12:45 - Dec 4 with 4590 viewsswisscottage

Its impossible to justify Amazon Prime just for the streaming sport and for other content its borderline unless you also make use of the free delivery options.

There plenty on it that suits my taste with the pick of the bunch being Jack Ryan, Man in the High Castle, Sneaky Pete, and Goliath.

In addition they have a Lord of The Rings series about to enter production and have started a big-budget production of my favourite fantasy books series - Wheel Of TIme (2nd only to Lord of the Rings in terms of number of books sold).
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 12:52]
Amazon Prime on 12:47 - Dec 4 with 4582 viewsMick_S

Amazon Prime on 12:27 - Dec 4 by bob566

Better than booby calendars this:

The original super Sunday.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Amazon Prime on 13:36 - Dec 4 with 4489 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amazon Prime on 11:28 - Dec 4 by paulparker

Especially when you have the awful Jim beglin on commentary who thought he would be good idea ?

Beglin!

The absolute pits. The worst I have ever had the misfortune to listen to. Himself and Ronnie Whelan split the co-comms duty on RTE for Ireland matches and my heart sinks when I hear that drawl, that godawgul mashup of Dubbalin and Scouse, that mangling of the vowels and worst, worst, worst of all his pompous bollix about "Whan Oi plaoyed for Leave-er-pugh-l".....

When you played for Liverpool you were crap, mate. And you've got better with every day since you retired.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Amazon Prime on 14:04 - Dec 4 with 4453 viewsAntti_Heinola

Amazon Prime on 12:45 - Dec 4 by swisscottage

Its impossible to justify Amazon Prime just for the streaming sport and for other content its borderline unless you also make use of the free delivery options.

There plenty on it that suits my taste with the pick of the bunch being Jack Ryan, Man in the High Castle, Sneaky Pete, and Goliath.

In addition they have a Lord of The Rings series about to enter production and have started a big-budget production of my favourite fantasy books series - Wheel Of TIme (2nd only to Lord of the Rings in terms of number of books sold).
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 12:52]

have you watched series 3 of Goliath mate?
I thought series 1 was great, series 2 was, er, confusing and weird and all over the place. Apparently BBT was an absolute nightmare and the whole thing was a mess, so I assumed it wouldn't be back. But it is. not sure i'll watch - S2 was just odd.

Bare bones.

Amazon Prime on 14:15 - Dec 4 with 4438 viewsLunarJetman

Amazon Prime on 12:40 - Dec 4 by smegma

No one forces you to subscribe .

Ive never subscribed to any sports channel , I'd rather be at a game than sit in doors watching a team I don't support.

Exactly.

It only costs more if you want to watch ever match possible. When Sky first started covering the Premier League they had far less games live than they do now.

More games, more providers. Think back to when ITV used to show Liverpool, Forest, Arsenal and Man Utd and the goals of the month competition top three was two Ian Rush tap ins and a John Barnes penalty....

I couldn't watch all the games back then and I still can't but I can watch some. Even if I subscribed to all available providers I still wouldn't be able to watch every Premier League game.

No-one is forcing you to pay for everything. I've got Sky and Amzaon at the moment. Don't pay for BT...
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 14:15]
Amazon Prime on 14:46 - Dec 4 with 4405 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Speaking of Danny Baker, I always thought he's view on Sky back in the early 90's was bang on when he said that people were complaining about paying for football as if it's a new thing - we always have payed for football, it's called a turnstile.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024