Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AJ v Ruiz 13:13 - Dec 4 with 8669 viewssupahoopsa

So who's your money on?

Being a Brit, I am really hoping AJ wins.
I'm no boxing expert, but I have watch enough to believe that AJ SHOULD be able to win. I think he needs to take the centre of the ring and use a very fast and really hard jab to keep Ruiz off balance. Tire Ruiz out and only then start looking for the big right hand.

Guess we'll need to see what happens the first time Ruiz lands a clean shot

Meant to give my prediction - AJ with a stoppage win 5th round
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 13:22]

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

AJ v Ruiz on 09:05 - Dec 8 with 1830 viewsDiscodroids

AJ v Ruiz on 17:58 - Dec 7 by SimonJames

I can't see Joshua stopping Ruiz, unless it's due to tko for a bad cut. He would almost certainly win on points, but he has to avoid a haymaker for 12 rounds.

Good work Si, Spot on.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

AJ v Ruiz on 09:26 - Dec 8 with 1783 viewsHunterhoop

AJ v Ruiz on 00:16 - Dec 8 by traininvain

No gammon here but I prefer Wilder to win as he’s the more exciting fighter with the knockout record. Sorry to rain on your parade and let’s see what happens when AJ fights Wilder or Fury.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 0:17]

That’s a reason, at least, but a shame people are supporting the tank over the Brit.
AJ v Ruiz on 09:27 - Dec 8 with 1784 viewsStanisgod

AJ v Ruiz on 22:56 - Dec 7 by danehoop

Sorry PP, just don't get your weird dislike of AJ. Nothing at all rational in anything you said so far. I just disagree with you. AJ boxed smart and boxed to a plan against a very dangerous puncher. He took few risks - there being little point in doing so. He trained quite clearly to work to this plan, completely changed style and physique to do so, executed it well and just won back the titles with unanimous verdicts. This is what Klitchko did for years and dominated anyone put in front of him - until Fury boxed just like AJ did. AJ beat Klitscko fighting a war. But AJ is somehow suddenly diminished for doing similar against a boxer who is one of the most dangerous punchers in the division?

Anyone with half a brain about boxing would agree.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

AJ v Ruiz on 09:33 - Dec 8 with 1771 viewsHunterhoop

AJ v Ruiz on 08:46 - Dec 8 by paulparker

Gammon ??? No I’m lost
He is a Eddie Hearn/SKY hype machine who ducks the best opponents out there
A new low for sky yesterday taking the Saudi blood money and there embarrassing commentary from the likes of Belew, nelson and especially Adam smith who isn’t fit to tie up reg gutteridges shoe laces , you would have thought we had witnessed the second rumble in the jungle

So all the “he’s a disgrace” comments are because, in your view, Joshua personally has sucked fights? No chance it’s Wilder or Fury? They offered Wilder 35% of the purse when he couldn’t fill 15,000 seater stadiums, and Joshua was selling out 80,000 places. I don’t think he ducked anything. Did Wilder fight Klitchsko on the way up? I think you can make just as a big a case that Wilder is the bigger sucker of fights.

But even if you believe Joshua is more responsible for the fights that haven’t happened, when they do happen, what then? How is he then a fraud or a disgrace, especially if he wins?

Maybe gammon was wrong, just feels like you have reached a conclusion on him that you’ve shouted loudly and now actively want to see him fail, in spit of being British and a two time heavyweight champion. It’s just a bit odd. Will you change you view if he fights Wilder and wins?
AJ v Ruiz on 09:47 - Dec 8 with 1744 viewspaulparker

AJ v Ruiz on 09:33 - Dec 8 by Hunterhoop

So all the “he’s a disgrace” comments are because, in your view, Joshua personally has sucked fights? No chance it’s Wilder or Fury? They offered Wilder 35% of the purse when he couldn’t fill 15,000 seater stadiums, and Joshua was selling out 80,000 places. I don’t think he ducked anything. Did Wilder fight Klitchsko on the way up? I think you can make just as a big a case that Wilder is the bigger sucker of fights.

But even if you believe Joshua is more responsible for the fights that haven’t happened, when they do happen, what then? How is he then a fraud or a disgrace, especially if he wins?

Maybe gammon was wrong, just feels like you have reached a conclusion on him that you’ve shouted loudly and now actively want to see him fail, in spit of being British and a two time heavyweight champion. It’s just a bit odd. Will you change you view if he fights Wilder and wins?

I’ve reached a conclusion on him because I watched him and I don’t rate him, ive backed up my views that he is a sky hype machine and not the second coming of Ali , Ok disgrace was a bit strong he is what he is in a poor division the fury & wilder fights won’t happen and if your happy to see a trilogy of AJ vs Ruiz fights then your welcome to it they don’t even remotely come close to bowe vs Holyfield that’s how bad the division is , but you playing the race card just about sums up this board TBH any argument race has to be bought up
Give me the likes of Benn , Eubank ,Lewis , mckenzie all proper champions who fought the best and never ducked an opponent they were the real deals and British oh and they were black as well

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

AJ v Ruiz on 09:56 - Dec 8 with 1730 viewsDiscodroids

Going to watch the Whyte Fight this morning as i missed it last night in the bear pit of the boozer and Leigh on sea hairy pipes in twinset boohoo all out of their collective skate on petrol washed translucent flake krell, shouting their facking heads off.

Still think Wilder has the edge over the others with that elemental punching power with Joshua and Fury razor thin below him. Usyk may well dominate all of them.

Rivas, Whyte, Ortiz, Ruiz and perhaps Hrgvic the next tier.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 12:03]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

AJ v Ruiz on 10:15 - Dec 8 with 1700 views2Thomas2Bowles

Supporting the Brit...

Yet people often don't when it's a Brit team playing in the European cups.

We often like or want to support the underdog, no matter where they come from.

Some people did not like or rate Bruno, Lewis, Eubank so on, for this reason, or that.

I read but not sure if true, that AJ got 60M and Ruiz 10M, how does that work.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

AJ v Ruiz on 10:32 - Dec 8 with 1675 viewsSimonJames

AJ v Ruiz on 09:56 - Dec 8 by Discodroids

Going to watch the Whyte Fight this morning as i missed it last night in the bear pit of the boozer and Leigh on sea hairy pipes in twinset boohoo all out of their collective skate on petrol washed translucent flake krell, shouting their facking heads off.

Still think Wilder has the edge over the others with that elemental punching power with Joshua and Fury razor thin below him. Usyk may well dominate all of them.

Rivas, Whyte, Ortiz, Ruiz and perhaps Hrgvic the next tier.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 12:03]

Should be some good fights in the next couple of years. If Fury does less of the publicity stunts and more focus on beating Wilder I think he might just do it.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

AJ v Ruiz on 10:59 - Dec 8 with 1635 viewssmegma

In other news Ruiz has admitted he was overweight for the fight.

No schit Sherlock !!!
AJ v Ruiz on 13:08 - Dec 8 with 1549 viewsPhildo

AJ v Ruiz on 10:59 - Dec 8 by smegma

In other news Ruiz has admitted he was overweight for the fight.

No schit Sherlock !!!

I personally was very pleased to see someone with my body shape competing in top level sport
AJ v Ruiz on 15:32 - Dec 8 with 1463 viewsHunterhoop

AJ v Ruiz on 09:47 - Dec 8 by paulparker

I’ve reached a conclusion on him because I watched him and I don’t rate him, ive backed up my views that he is a sky hype machine and not the second coming of Ali , Ok disgrace was a bit strong he is what he is in a poor division the fury & wilder fights won’t happen and if your happy to see a trilogy of AJ vs Ruiz fights then your welcome to it they don’t even remotely come close to bowe vs Holyfield that’s how bad the division is , but you playing the race card just about sums up this board TBH any argument race has to be bought up
Give me the likes of Benn , Eubank ,Lewis , mckenzie all proper champions who fought the best and never ducked an opponent they were the real deals and British oh and they were black as well

I wasn’t playing the race card; not at all the intention. I meant it that you sounded like a middle England, middle aged, white male harping back to the previous generations being great and this one being crap. The cynical, bitter, “Back in my day” mentality. I know you like Benn and Eubank and, in football Sir Les, Eze, etc. We’ve been on the board together for years and years. I’ve never accused you of racism ever, and, to be clear, didn’t intend to then. Just thought you sounded a bit bitter and stuck in the past. If I used the wrong word to describe that, I apologise. To be clear, I wasn’t accusing you of being racist!

Joshua is definitely super hyped, possibly over hyped, but I don’t see why that should make people hate him or want the British Heavyweight Champ to lose to a Yank!
AJ v Ruiz on 16:03 - Dec 8 with 1444 viewspaulparker

AJ v Ruiz on 15:32 - Dec 8 by Hunterhoop

I wasn’t playing the race card; not at all the intention. I meant it that you sounded like a middle England, middle aged, white male harping back to the previous generations being great and this one being crap. The cynical, bitter, “Back in my day” mentality. I know you like Benn and Eubank and, in football Sir Les, Eze, etc. We’ve been on the board together for years and years. I’ve never accused you of racism ever, and, to be clear, didn’t intend to then. Just thought you sounded a bit bitter and stuck in the past. If I used the wrong word to describe that, I apologise. To be clear, I wasn’t accusing you of being racist!

Joshua is definitely super hyped, possibly over hyped, but I don’t see why that should make people hate him or want the British Heavyweight Champ to lose to a Yank!

Ok Hunter no problem a miss understanding
I don’t hate Joshua I hate Hearn , SKY etc, AJ is an ok fighter in a poor division I think 25 years ago he would be battling Henry akinwade , Michael bent and herbie hide for the WBO title

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

AJ v Ruiz on 17:01 - Dec 8 with 1393 viewsCLAREMAN1995

AJ v Ruiz on 13:08 - Dec 8 by Phildo

I personally was very pleased to see someone with my body shape competing in top level sport

Competing might be a stretch there Phildo but it was no surprise really .The fat man hit the jackpot was set financially regardless of the outcome and did not give a rats ass about the re-match.I feel bad for the people who travelled to watch that rubbish but I guess that's the price you pay .
Have to love Ruiz saying he will bust his ass training for the 3rd fight but I fear his 15 minutes are up
AJ v Ruiz on 18:31 - Dec 8 with 1351 viewssmegma

AJ v Ruiz on 13:08 - Dec 8 by Phildo

You skinny git
AJ v Ruiz on 21:23 - Dec 8 with 1283 viewsingeminate

AJ v Ruiz on 08:27 - Dec 8 by paulparker

Used to box years ago up to the age of 18 my family have been boxers and have followed the sport for decades
As for the names you put out there takem , Ruiz , povetkin wouldn’t of lasted 2 rounds against bowe , Holyfield Tyson, Lewis ,not exactly Stella opponents , klitchko was on the way down and hadn’t fought in about 18 months and he still nearly beat Joshua , whyte was unfit, undisciplined when he fought Joshua and would beat him now which he knows
AJ is the biggest hype machine going in a very very poor heavyweight division and keeps ducking the only 2 credible opponents out there he took the Saudi blood money as well not really a champion to be proud of but then again you must be very easily pleased , oh and if you think I talk Sh1t stick me on ignore it’s quite simple even you could work that out

So take a look in boxrec at who some of the gents you referenced fought at a similar time in their career to Joshua now. You’ll find around the super fights they fought absolute dross. The same sort of dross that Fury and Wilder have fought. Joshua has constantly fought decent opponents. Molina is prob the only time I can think he took the easy option and even then that was a fighter who took wilder 9 rounds.

I’d have no issue if you stopped at Joshua being a hype machine, and wilder/fury both beating him. That’s fair enough. You could well be right. Calling him a fraud and a coward is way off the mark - he’s taken less easy fights than champs before him have. He also showed guts against Klitschko - a better version of Klitschko than Fury beat IMO, though appreciate that’s subjective. Has his nose broken early on against Takam and came through. He’s made offers to fury, whyte and wilder that they’ve all turned down. Turning down what would what would been each of their record pay day at the time. Same time he has also turned down an offer from wilder - it’s not clean cut, it’s murky, it’s splits, location, broadcaster etc. But absolutely not the case that he’s ducked the other big two.

As say he could easily be out boxed by fury and detonated by wilder, but coward and a fraud? Come on.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

AJ v Ruiz on 23:53 - Dec 8 with 1235 viewsdaveB

AJ v Ruiz on 22:41 - Dec 7 by paulparker

That’s how bad boxing is , do you think the following would be beat by Ruiz
Lewis
Tyson
Holyfield
Bowe
Mercer
Ruddock
Even Gary mason would beat Ruiz, AJ is a fraud a coward and a disgrace to boxing

Lewis and Holyfield obviously better than Joshua but in current scene Joshua is in the top 3 in the world now, he's never taken an easy fight and keeps doing the business. I thought after the way he lost in June to come back and win as easily as he did was very impressive.

Sure Fury or Wilder could beat him but doesn't take away from a very good performance
AJ v Ruiz on 00:36 - Dec 9 with 1224 viewsDannytheR

AJ v Ruiz on 23:53 - Dec 8 by daveB

Lewis and Holyfield obviously better than Joshua but in current scene Joshua is in the top 3 in the world now, he's never taken an easy fight and keeps doing the business. I thought after the way he lost in June to come back and win as easily as he did was very impressive.

Sure Fury or Wilder could beat him but doesn't take away from a very good performance

It's funny, Lewis spent his whole career being told he couldn't hold a candle to the great heavyweights of the past (and dismissed as not really being British either), and at the time he was actually fighting, Holyfield was talked about as a blown up cruiser who wouldn't have lasted three rounds with Larry Holmes, let alone Ali.

Fk me, go back ten years and you've Nikolai Valuev as a world champion. And the heavyweights have gone downhill since then?
AJ v Ruiz on 01:18 - Dec 9 with 1216 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Judging by some of the beef on this thread perhaps a couple of LFW bouts are in order.

For me, the rematch was always going to be about AJ's mindset following June's defeat. It wasn't a great spectacle for KO lovers but boxing purists would have been impressed with the way AJ maintained his discipline and kept Ruiz at distance. I'm disappointed that Ruiz came in a stone heavier than last time out but I guess it was to be expected following his sudden fame and fortune.

I sincerely hope that there isn't a trilogy and the boxing gods can find a way for AJ and Wilder to get it on.
AJ v Ruiz on 08:44 - Dec 9 with 1165 viewsTheChef

AJ v Ruiz on 16:03 - Dec 8 by paulparker

Ok Hunter no problem a miss understanding
I don’t hate Joshua I hate Hearn , SKY etc, AJ is an ok fighter in a poor division I think 25 years ago he would be battling Henry akinwade , Michael bent and herbie hide for the WBO title

Hate the game not the player...

To be honest boxing at this level is mostly about hype isn't it, given the amounts of money involved, tickets to sell, TV subs, etc. Once you get away from the boxing itself it's a fairly sordid business, but then I suppose it's always been that way.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

AJ v Ruiz on 15:20 - Dec 9 with 1063 viewsThe_Seer

Oleksandr Usyk is an impressive fighter.
AJ v Ruiz on 00:26 - Dec 12 with 957 viewstimcocking

AJ v Ruiz on 22:41 - Dec 7 by paulparker

That’s how bad boxing is , do you think the following would be beat by Ruiz
Lewis
Tyson
Holyfield
Bowe
Mercer
Ruddock
Even Gary mason would beat Ruiz, AJ is a fraud a coward and a disgrace to boxing

A disgrace to boxing? A coward? Blimey, remarkably harsh.

Seems to be a very nice bloke and an excellent ambassador for Britain and boxing. Heavyweight champion of the world your talking about.

Ok, he's no Mike Tyson, but we're still very lucky to have him. He did what he needed to do. Not ever going to be an amazing fighter, but so what, he's doing his best and it's admirable. Not sure why he'd want to go and stand in front of Ruiz and get knocked out again, that'd be stupid. I'm sure he'd liked to have knocked him out, but he isn't that great. Standards are lower than they once were, no reason to be hating people who are representing your country with such honour.

Personally i consider heavyweight champion of the world the A1 blue riband title in Sport, so for a Brit to have it is absolutely magnificent and worthy of celebration, whoever they are and however they do it. Anybody cheering for Wilder over AJ who is British...what the fcuk?
AJ v Ruiz on 00:39 - Dec 12 with 955 viewsPommyhoop

Let's bring on the Clowns and bring some light relief to this thread.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024