Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze 17:47 - Dec 7 with 8656 viewsted_hendrix

I was listening in the car to AM talking about our game, he was hugely impressed with Eze he went as far as to say he was the complete footballer and had an excellent game.
Great to hear that from an ex pro footballer but of course we're gonna have to keep hold of the kid in January.
Fingers crossed.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 18:14 - Dec 8 with 1819 viewsBobbi66

What a penalty taker this lad is
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 18:52 - Dec 8 with 1763 viewsenfieldargh

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 18:14 - Dec 8 by Bobbi66

I was 100% confident with Heidars penaltys, Eze's I dont yet have that confidence but so far so good.

As long as they keep going in

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 19:04 - Dec 8 with 1755 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 17:45 - Dec 8 by davman

Blimey, talk about pressurisation. Deadlines are things for the week. When you're ready, Clive, no rush!

Joking of course I thought a regular poster like you davman would pick up on that plus the report is already posted I see
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 19:25 - Dec 8 with 1722 viewsGroveR

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 14:06 - Dec 8 by gazza1

Eze played well yesterday and overall this season he has done very well.....£10-£20 million I am not sure about though, perhaps if he continues to play and improve we could then expect at least that amount.

He is a natural footballer with a lot of talent.

He's here till 2021 at the least so a lot can happen in 2 years.

You don't want to have his head turned so I'd be open with him and tell him bids under £10m will be rejected out of hand, regardless of the club. Then when the phone starts ringing you repeat the same.

We've not had a bidding war for one of our players since Les (being charitable) and it's about time we capitalised on a potential once in a generation talent.
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 21:32 - Dec 8 with 1620 viewsdavman

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 18:52 - Dec 8 by enfieldargh

I was 100% confident with Heidars penaltys, Eze's I dont yet have that confidence but so far so good.

As long as they keep going in

Just waiting to see what happens when a 'keeper decides to stand up and wait to see where he' s going to hit it. Think he favours to the 'keeper's right.

Like those Panenka ones, he'll look very silly if a keeper gets it right...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 22:22 - Dec 8 with 1574 viewsVancouverHoop

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 21:32 - Dec 8 by davman

Just waiting to see what happens when a 'keeper decides to stand up and wait to see where he' s going to hit it. Think he favours to the 'keeper's right.

Yes. Unless he starts to vary things he'll be caught out soon.
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 22:40 - Dec 8 with 1540 viewshoopscricket

His salute celebration with Bright after he scores is lifted from Cottrell the West Indies fast bowler’s celebration after taking a wicket. Strange because I doubt those two have any interest in cricket.
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 22:45 - Dec 8 with 1526 viewskensalriser

I'd like to think he's already thought that one through. He is a professional footballer, after all, and presumably practices.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 23:25 - Dec 8 with 1508 viewsCiderwithRsie

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 22:22 - Dec 8 by VancouverHoop

I was always a big fan of the Roy Wegerle smash-it-into-the-top-corner approach but Eze does seem to plant it pretty fast into the (bottom) corner - I'm not sure how easy it'd be to save even if you do know which way he's going.

Even Royston had one saved, I forget who by.
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 14:28 - Dec 9 with 1366 viewsQPR_John

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 23:25 - Dec 8 by CiderwithRsie

I was always a big fan of the Roy Wegerle smash-it-into-the-top-corner approach but Eze does seem to plant it pretty fast into the (bottom) corner - I'm not sure how easy it'd be to save even if you do know which way he's going.

Even Royston had one saved, I forget who by.

Have to agree with that. If a keeper waits to see where Eze is putting the ball then he will have little chance of getting to it.
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 14:50 - Dec 9 with 1337 viewsAntti_Heinola

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 22:22 - Dec 8 by VancouverHoop

not really. It's very similar to Helguson's pens. People often said 'what if the keeper waits?' Well, if they wait, they're already beaten because most of the time to save a good pen you have to anticipate - wait until after it's kicked and you've almost no chance. If a keeper stands up to Eze and he puts it in the corner, they'd have to do something incredible to keep it out. Saying he doesn't vary it completely misunderstands what he's doing.
Not saying he won't miss - he will, as everyone does (except Le Tiss). If he worried about 'looking silly' he wouldn't be half the player he is.

Bare bones.

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 14:53 - Dec 9 with 1331 viewssmegma

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 18:14 - Dec 8 by Bobbi66

Wait Until he misses one though. He will get dogs abuse on the internet.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 1:25]
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 15:11 - Dec 9 with 1292 viewsNorthernr

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 14:50 - Dec 9 by Antti_Heinola

not really. It's very similar to Helguson's pens. People often said 'what if the keeper waits?' Well, if they wait, they're already beaten because most of the time to save a good pen you have to anticipate - wait until after it's kicked and you've almost no chance. If a keeper stands up to Eze and he puts it in the corner, they'd have to do something incredible to keep it out. Saying he doesn't vary it completely misunderstands what he's doing.
Not saying he won't miss - he will, as everyone does (except Le Tiss). If he worried about 'looking silly' he wouldn't be half the player he is.

The keeper did wait for the second one at Hull and he just shelled it into the corner anyway.
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 15:20 - Dec 9 with 1271 viewsloftus77

I think the argument with Eze has played out many times on these pages.

There’s no point bluffing anyone, he’ll be gone in the summer. A real shame — but under our new model it’s what we do, and need to do.

The big — only - question is, can we hold him in January for the 2nd half of this season? I’d say his contribution is worth a good 10+ points to our final total and that could be crucial.

As said before maybe a ‘Man U/Palace Zaha style-arrangement’ here, where we sell him in Jan and have him loaned back for 6 months?
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 15:23 - Dec 9 with 1263 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The new model isn't the reason Eze will be sold. He'd be sold regardless of what model we used.

The new model is, however, the reason we discovered him, loaned him out, played him so often and coached him into being worth so much.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 16:18 - Dec 9 with 1208 viewsfrancisbowles

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 15:23 - Dec 9 by BrianMcCarthy

The new model isn't the reason Eze will be sold. He'd be sold regardless of what model we used.

The new model is, however, the reason we discovered him, loaned him out, played him so often and coached him into being worth so much.

It's a very long shot but if this season ended perfectly for us in the Bobby Zamora sixth anniversary match, maybe we could afford to keep him for a while longer.
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 18:54 - Dec 9 with 1114 viewsHayesender

Shilton always used to wait until the kick had been taken, and never seemed to get near any of them. I still blame him for italia 90

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 19:00 - Dec 9 with 1109 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I think criticism over his pens is a bit gift / horse / mouth.

Savour him like a death row dinner.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 19:07]
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 19:33 - Dec 9 with 1058 viewsVancouverHoop

Observations aren't necessarily criticisms.
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 20:06 - Dec 9 with 1005 viewsNed_Kennedys

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 21:32 - Dec 8 by davman

He had a penalty saved at Sheff Weds at the end of last season using the same method.
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 20:19 - Dec 9 with 993 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 18:54 - Dec 9 by Hayesender

Shilton always used to wait until the kick had been taken, and never seemed to get near any of them. I still blame him for italia 90

Shilton actually told people in interviews that he was going to wait!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 20:26 - Dec 9 with 981 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I blame him more for Mexico 86. Yes Maradona used his hand and yes the officials should've seen it, but considering his height advantage plus an outstretched arm, Shilton should've beaten Diego to the ball regardless.

A few years later Shilton was opening a shopping precinct in Colliers Wood. The organisers brought a goal along for young kids to take penalties against Peter. Despite clearly being too old to take part, I couldn't resist the urge to queue up and take one. I smashed my penalty into the bottom left-hand corner (he waited for it) and said "that's for Mexico '86" before making a very hasty exit!
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 22:20]
Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 20:39 - Dec 9 with 960 viewsCamberleyR

"Shilton always used to wait until the kick had been taken and never seemed to get near any of them"

It was that and also the fact he was 40 years old at the time and didn't have the flexibility and agility he had at his peak ten years previously when he was winning European Cups with Forest, hence why he made such a bollocks of Brehme's deflected free kick that looped over him when he was only two or three yards off his line.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 20:41 - Dec 9 with 956 viewsCamberleyR

Ahem...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Alvin Martin Commenting on Eberechi Eze on 20:53 - Dec 9 with 940 viewsGroveR

I don't want to sound like we're trading horseflesh here because Eze is a superb talent but also still a young lad (and apparently a very grounded and likeable one) but if we don't have a negotiating strategy in place to realise maximum profit here the buy low/develop/sell high strategy isn't working.

£10m + 20% sell-on in the summer for openers, see who throws into the pot and play bidders off against each other. None of this "undisclosed fee", playing coy or "we need to sell" bòllocks.

I'm sick of seeing us get rolled on transfers - Andy Sinton going for less than Paul fùcking Warhurst and West Ham having the neck to value Dowie and Keith Rowland at half a million makeweights for Sinclair still make me want to weep and scrub myself in the shower.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024